HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#81 KINGS v SHARKS, 4/5/12, OT Loss T&T ... Sharks steal one @ Staples

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-06-2012, 02:51 AM
  #151
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 12,250
vCash: 500
Not even mad anymore, Karma I believe that stuff. Clowe will do it again, and cost his teammates in the playoff's.

All that ridiculous stuff Avery did, look where it landed him.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 02:57 AM
  #152
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room
 
KINGS17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 15,548
vCash: 500
Clowe may try to act cool in that he got away with something, but he knows deep down that he was an embarassment to the game of hockey tonight and that other players take what he did quite seriously.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 02:58 AM
  #153
Hollywood
Registered User
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 820
vCash: 500
this is priceless stuff... I guess we'll never know what would happen if the shoes were reversed... He never got penalized. Big deal! What about the 6 goals people? He never caused them... actually a couple he did...
Classless, unsportsmanlike... yada yada yada... The guy fights, the guy scores... the guy wins games and tonight we lost in small part because of him but not fully because of him at all.

Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 02:59 AM
  #154
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room
 
KINGS17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 15,548
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post
Don't get why some fans are surprised by our reaction...If it happened to their team whose trying to win their division... I doubt they would be laughing.
Best retort our boys can give is to run them out of their own building on Saturday night with the entire NHL watching.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 02:59 AM
  #155
bobafettish*
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5,961
vCash: 500
wasn't that mad about the clowe play . was more pissed about couture asking for paramedics after the hit. the kid has a habit of selling injures.

bobafettish* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 03:00 AM
  #156
King Richards
Dry Island II
 
King Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 823
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
this is priceless stuff... I guess we'll never know what would happen if the shoes were reversed... He never got penalized. Big deal! What about the 6 goals people? He never caused them... actually a couple he did...
Classless, unsportsmanlike... yada yada yada... The guy fights, the guy scores... the guy wins games and tonight we lost in small part because of him but not fully because of him at all.
What? Who is saying we lost the game because of this? People are upset because this is a failure of the most fundamental rules of the game and went unpunished. It's a blatant and egregious act of cheating that has been continually described as "something I've never seen before" by players and broadcasters alike. It's most definitely worthy of serious discussion and widespread outrage.

King Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 03:01 AM
  #157
Shellz
Registered User
 
Shellz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: California
Posts: 17,312
vCash: 500
@Hollywood...You really don't understand do you? There is no "if the roles were reveresed". We all love hockey and never want to see that. There aren't many Sharks fans standing up for Clowe so what makes you think we would stick up for the Kings player? You never want to see what he did in any hockey game. It's cheap, it's cheating, and not very classy. You don't expect that from a vet. I lost respect for him..not that he would care. Anyways, I hope he got an ear full from his team and the rest of the Sharks.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 03:02 AM
  #158
RonSwanson*
Gadfly
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Food 'N Stuff
Country: United States
Posts: 8,769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
@Hollywood...You really don't understand do you? There is no "if the roles were reveresed". We all love hockey and never want to see that. There aren't many Sharks fans standing up for Clowe so what makes you think we would stick up for the Kings player? You never want to see what he did in any hockey game. It's cheap, it's cheating, and not very classy. You don't expect that from a vet. I lost respect for him..not that he would care. Anyways, I hope he got an ear full from his team and the rest of the Sharks.
I would be irate if I paid $$$ for a ticket to that game only to see the refs completely **** the bed and determine the outcome of the game.

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 03:03 AM
  #159
Shellz
Registered User
 
Shellz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: California
Posts: 17,312
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Best retort our boys can give is to run them out of their own building on Saturday night with the entire NHL watching.
Yep. The best kind of karma.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 03:03 AM
  #160
King Richards
Dry Island II
 
King Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 823
vCash: 500
No kidding. Hollywood, look up my posts from the day of the Columbus clockgate game before we had all the facts. I didn't defend the Kings or tell CBJ fans to get over it - I was 100% up in arms about how ridiculous it seemed. Above all else I want a stable, fair product, or else why do I watch at all?

King Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 03:06 AM
  #161
Hollywood
Registered User
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 820
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
@Hollywood...You really don't understand do you? There is no "if the roles were reveresed". We all love hockey and never want to see that. There aren't many Sharks fans standing up for Clowe so what makes you think we would stick up for the Kings player? You never want to see what he did in any hockey game. It's cheap, it's cheating, and not very classy. You don't expect that from a vet. I lost respect for him..not that he would care. Anyways, I hope he got an ear full from his team and the rest of the Sharks.
I agree but lets move on... no penalty called. we lost. What else is there tot alk about... Beating a dead horse is beating a dead horse...
Onto the next game... simple

Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 03:06 AM
  #162
Shellz
Registered User
 
Shellz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: California
Posts: 17,312
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
I would be irate if I paid $$$ for a ticket to that game only to see the refs completely **** the bed and determine the outcome of the game.
No kidding. Refs aren't perfect, but for them to miss that is unexcusable. A real damn head shaker.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 03:08 AM
  #163
likid
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maribor
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 439
vCash: 500
Maybe a little bit different point of view from my side. Maybe is not bad at all something like that happened to Kings today.

From my observation of Kings in last few years usually they responded greatly after something similar happened. I remember last year against Phoenix and that obvious high stick goal (and loss because of that). After that game they went on tear.

This year after first away game in Detroit and huge loss they went on around 15 games without regulation loss with new coach Sutter. And second away game in Detroit we all know how did they lost against them. After that match they went on tear agains top teams in NHL winning 6 or 7 straight.

So I do believe this will cause extra sparkle for Saturdays match and then for play-off.

likid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 03:09 AM
  #164
mtylerjr
Registered User
 
mtylerjr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 341
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Richards View Post
It's most definitely worthy of serious discussion and widespread outrage.

.. at the refs for not calling it.

But seriously, they called some ticky-tack stuff on both teams, while letting some egregious stuff go. It was just weird.

mtylerjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 03:10 AM
  #165
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967
 
Ron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Brea, California
Country: United States
Posts: 7,401
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
But what CLowe did is just wow, has any NHL player ever done that ?

That is like a guy running onto the field from the sidelines to tackle a ball carrier running for six, in the NFL.
No, never seen that before, ever, but let's put it all into perspective, shall we?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Violence_in_ice_hockey

When you say "has any NHL player ever done that?" all I could think of was some of the violent acts I have witnessed or read about, which is obviously so much more serious than a stupid stunt like the one Clown pulled tonight. (mispell intentional) I thought of that awful fight between Wayne Maki and Ted Green...it was my first exposure to true violence in the NHL...Ted Green almost died, that's all I ever remember about that...they wrote a book about it, and I remember reading it shortly thereafter, say 1970 or 1971. I'll have to look up the title to it.

The worst thing I ever saw a King do is also in the link...Granato slashed a player in the head, no lie...I was so ashamed all I could think of was get this **** off the team now.

Ron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 03:12 AM
  #166
Shellz
Registered User
 
Shellz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: California
Posts: 17,312
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by likid View Post
Maybe a little bit different point of view from my side. Maybe is not bad at all something like that happened to Kings today.

From my observation of Kings in last few years usually they responded greatly after something similar happened. I remember last year against Phoenix and that obvious high stick goal (and loss because of that). After that game they went on tear.

This year after first away game in Detroit and huge loss they went on around 15 games without regulation loss with new coach Sutter. And second away game in Detroit we all know how did they lost against them. After that match they went on tear agains top teams in NHL winning 6 or 7 straight.

So I do believe this will cause extra sparkle for Saturdays match and then for play-off.
Take a negative and turn it into a positive. Good post.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 03:15 AM
  #167
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 12,250
vCash: 500
Like I said I bet Clowe got an ear full from the Coach, GM, Players.

Boyle didn't look too happy in his interview. Boyle strikes me as the Kind of player, that doesn't respect a teammate that does that stuff.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 03:17 AM
  #168
Willard
Kings All The Way
 
Willard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Just Off Highway 1
Posts: 2,508
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtylerjr View Post
.. at the refs for not calling it.

But seriously, they called some ticky-tack stuff on both teams, while letting some egregious stuff go. It was just weird.
If there's to be no outrage at the player for blatantly cheating, not to mention then blatantly lying about it, then it bodes ill for the whole NHL.

I am quite sure that the NHL does not want to be known as the kind of league that lets such obvious and disrespectful cheating go on without penalty or punishment.

Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 03:20 AM
  #169
King Richards
Dry Island II
 
King Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 823
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
No, never seen that before, ever, but let's put it all into perspective, shall we?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Violence_in_ice_hockey

When you say "has any NHL player ever done that?" all I could think of was some of the violent acts I have witnessed or read about, which is obviously so much more serious than a stupid stunt like the one Clown pulled tonight. (mispell intentional) I thought of that awful fight between Wayne Maki and Ted Green...it was my first exposure to true violence in the NHL...Ted Green almost died, that's all I ever remember about that...they wrote a book about it, and I remember reading it shortly thereafter, say 1970 or 1971. I'll have to look up the title to it.

The worst thing I ever saw a King do is also in the link...Granato slashed a player in the head, no lie...I was so ashamed all I could think of was get this **** off the team now.
This isn't a discussion of which is worse, egregious cheating or excessive violence.

There isn't a place in the game for either, and the previous existence of one does not negate the seriousness of the other.

King Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 03:23 AM
  #170
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967
 
Ron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Brea, California
Country: United States
Posts: 7,401
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Richards View Post
This isn't a discussion of which is worse, egregious cheating or excessive violence.

There isn't a place in the game for either, and the previous existence of one does not negate the seriousness of the other.
Sure it is. The guy asked if any NHL player had ever done anything like that, and I was just making an observation that in the whole scheme of things, it isn't that big a deal.

I was at the game, and it really didn't strike me as that big a deal anyway.

Ron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 03:25 AM
  #171
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967
 
Ron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Brea, California
Country: United States
Posts: 7,401
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willard View Post
If there's to be no outrage at the player for blatantly cheating, not to mention then blatantly lying about it, then it bodes ill for the whole NHL.

I am quite sure that the NHL does not want to be known as the kind of league that lets such obvious and disrespectful cheating go on without penalty or punishment.
I am sure they won't, he will probably get fined for the incident, but I don't expect a suspension.

As far as the refs not calling it, I saw in the video where Jim Fox was pointing out that one linesman was facing away from the play, and one referee was too far away (and probably screened as well). I am sure if one of the other two had seen it, they would have called it. I don't think it was a "non-call," I think it was a "missed call."

Ron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 03:26 AM
  #172
King Richards
Dry Island II
 
King Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 823
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Sure it is. The guy asked if any NHL player had ever done anything like that, and I was just making an observation that in the whole scheme of things, it isn't that big a deal.

I was at the game, and it really didn't strike me as that big a deal anyway.
You're entitled to your opinion, but based on the huge **** storm this has become in the mainstream hockey media and blogosphere, I'd say you are in the small minority who think this isn't a big deal and doesn't reflect on the integrity of the on-ice product. Your line of thinking seems to say that since morally worse things occur, this incident should be a non-issue by virtue of it not being physically dangerous.

King Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 03:31 AM
  #173
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967
 
Ron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Brea, California
Country: United States
Posts: 7,401
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Richards View Post
You're entitled to your opinion, but based on the huge **** storm this has become in the mainstream hockey media and blogosphere, I'd say you are in the small minority who think this isn't a big deal and doesn't reflect on the integrity of the on-ice product. Your line of thinking seems to say that since morally worse things occur, this incident should be a non-issue by virtue of it not being physically dangerous.
No, I just don't take it as serious as you do. It's just a ****-ing game. In the whole scheme of things, it is nothing.

As far as "integrity of the on-ice product goes," that is a joke. As I pointed out in another thread, there was a time in this league that the refs treated the third period of a game as something wholly different than the first two periods...never calling a penalty. Now that was really an "integrity" problem. Something real and tangible.

This is nothing. Get over it. Clown will get fined tomorrow and that will be that. And your moral integrity dilemma will be resolved, hopefully satisfactorily.

Ron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 03:51 AM
  #174
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France
 
savemefromtears's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: City of Angels
Country: United States
Posts: 1,890
vCash: 500
To me to most insulting thing is Clowe's response on the matter:

"I have no idea what you guys are talking about," Clowe said. "I'll have to see the video or something. Someone show me the video."

What's funny is that not only did everyone (well, except for the refs) see what he did, but everyone on TV saw what he said on the bench right after he did that:

"That was stupid."


Jesus, man. Grow a pair and man the f up. Admit what you did was wrong, accept the consequences, and learn from it.


savemefromtears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 03:57 AM
  #175
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France
 
savemefromtears's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: City of Angels
Country: United States
Posts: 1,890
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Sure it is. The guy asked if any NHL player had ever done anything like that, and I was just making an observation that in the whole scheme of things, it isn't that big a deal.

I was at the game, and it really didn't strike me as that big a deal anyway.
So then tell me if it was a big deal when the Jets' strength coach Sal Alosi interfered with DB Nolan Carroll on a kick return in a Jets/Dolphins in an NFL game last year.

Consequence:
On December 13, 2010, he was fined $25,000 by the Jets and suspended for the remainder of the season. The NFL subsequently fined the Jets $100,000 for Alosi's actions.

savemefromtears is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:29 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.