HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#81 vs. Penguins

Old
04-06-2012, 12:49 AM
Pizza

vCash: 500
I really, REALLY hope we get to play the ice chickens. Arrogant sob's.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 12:52 AM
Graves94

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorrisWanchuk View Post
I doubt Scott would have been on the PP and have been able to do anything about it.
I'm guessing you didn't watch the game? Orpik was after Stepan all game long. Orpik should have been taken care of earlier in the game, so that the cheap shot didn't take place. You don't settle things in the last 5 minutes of a game before the playoffs, and risk your coach being suspended for 5 games for starting a fight.
I guarantee you the Flyers or Bruins would have settled things differently.

Graves94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 12:56 AM
Graves94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esa 10 View Post
I did watch the game and Letang is exactly who I'm talking about. He's their most imortand D man. Concussion history. I'm not talking about fighting, that stuff is useless. They should have gone after him with high, borderline hits. Not obvious elbows, but tough bordeline high stuff. NYR lead the league in fighting majors and are up there in hits, but the stats are rather misleading. We don't have players that hit to hurt, make other teams think twice when they're on the ice. NYR hits are of the ordinary take a body variety. This is not a mean team and it may very well be its undoing in a play-off series. They badly need to get players who will make the opposition worried when they're on the ice. Either that or have guys like Dubi, Staal, etc. grow a pair and start playing a mean game.
Well said, agree 100%!

Graves94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 01:11 AM
The Amity Affliction
Chasing Ghosts

The entire Pittsburgh Penguins fanbase is a ****ing joke.

I want to go on that thread and just rip them all for blatant stupidity, but I'll end up getting my account revoked. I have NEVER in my life seen a bunch of people that are more arrogant and moronic in my life.

One kid saying Brooks Orpik has had ~1 suspendable hit in his career?!? In what ****ing world do you live and watch hockey in??? What are we playing hockey on planet Krypton?

Here's an idea for that genius, how about I resurrect Hawk, re-unite the Road Warriors and they put the Doomsday Device Crosby, Malkin, Lemieux, Orpik, and Bettman and see how they start whining.

Second class organization with third rate fans. They should stick to watching football since apparently that's how hockey is meant to be played in their minds.

The Amity Affliction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 01:21 AM
slapsht25

Quote:
Originally Posted by haveandare View Post
It's about sending the message that you don't get away with that sort of garbage against the New York Rangers at any point in any game, especially not at the end of game 81 when you're up by 3. Did Rupp think about maybe getting hurt when he went nuts on Kopecky? Didn't look like it, and I was really glad he didn't because that was a message that needed to be sent. This is another one of those situations in my opinion.

Plus, that stuff the Flyers did was smart. Pitt knowns now, if you play dirty against the Flyers, you're going to pay for it. The only guy that got hurt (correct me if I'm wrong) was Briere because he got crushed by a clean hit. Laviolette embarrassed the hell out of himself by going so nuts, but the Flyers' players were smart IMO - they sent a very clear message to their opponents. Playing dirty against them is going to cost you, period.
No Grossmann got hurt earlier on a knee on knee...... wait for it.... NO CALL

slapsht25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 01:36 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

**** ****sburgh. I don't give two ***** about them or their fans.

We got the Division Title.

I want the Presidents Trophy. The Wales Trophy. And the Stanley Cup.

**** everyone else.

This is our year.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 01:57 AM
OverTheCap

Well, I'm glad I stopped watching the game after the 1st period.

I've been saying it for well over a year now... the Pens are the dirtiest team in the league. I have the same exact complaints about that team as I did in 2007 and 2008... the slewfoots, the knee-on-knees, the hits to the head, etc. And the league hasn't done a damn thing. One would think that the league would start to take action after Milbury, Berube, and Torts criticize the Pens in a span of a few days. But, no Milbury was forced to apologize, and I'm sure Berube and Torts will be forced to as well.

Grow some ****ing balls, Shanahan, Campbell, Bettman, and the rest of the NHL brass. How long is this double standard for the Pens going to exist? It's ********. No wonder why the NBC Sports Network has had the lowest ratings in 8 years.

Last edited by OverTheCap: 04-06-2012 at 02:04 AM.
OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 02:03 AM
mrhockey193195

nice work Calgary. Rangers win against WSH, we get the Presidents Trophy, and Hank gets 40 wins.

This game had the intensity of a preseason game. Rangers showed very little effort, Pittsburgh steamrolled us. Not too concerned, I'll give the team a break after the last few emotional games.

Also, with regards to the Orpik hit. Knee-on-knee, but Orpik is not known as a dirty player. Not happy with the hit, but I'm not as pissed as if someone like Marchand or Janssen did it. Hopefully Step is okay and it's just a Charlie Horse or something.

mrhockey193195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 02:18 AM
canadianguy77

Penguin's are so dirty they need showers!!!lolololol

canadianguy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 04:16 AM
ThisYearsModel

This is the org that has employed Matt Cooke for years. That tells you all you need to know. Arrogant? It comes from the top, and there is nobody as arrogant as Mario the Diver.

ThisYearsModel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 04:46 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisYearsModel View Post
This is the org that has employed Matt Cooke for years. That tells you all you need to know. Arrogant? It comes from the top, and there is nobody as arrogant as Mario the Diver.
Exactly. The attitude trickles down from the top.

Sid is basically the reincarnation of Mario, with less skill but just as much whine.

BlueshirtBlitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 04:56 AM
Slenke

Question: Is this the third knee-on-knee in three games for the Pens?

Slenke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 05:45 AM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhockey193195 View Post
nice work Calgary. Rangers win against WSH, we get the Presidents Trophy, and Hank gets 40 wins.

This game had the intensity of a preseason game. Rangers showed very little effort, Pittsburgh steamrolled us. Not too concerned, I'll give the team a break after the last few emotional games.

Also, with regards to the Orpik hit. Knee-on-knee, but Orpik is not known as a dirty player . Not happy with the hit, but I'm not as pissed as if someone like Marchand or Janssen did it. Hopefully Step is okay and it's just a Charlie Horse or something.
He did get suspended for injuring Eric Cole when Cole was on the Hurricanes and been suspended a few times...

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 05:59 AM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Thank you Flames 3-2...

Mio41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 06:02 AM
NCRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
He did get suspended for injuring Eric Cole when Cole was on the Hurricanes and been suspended a few times...
And that hit was dirty, intentional, and could have ended Cole's career.

NCRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 06:10 AM
NCRanger

Nobody has mentioned the spear to Boyle's ribs. That bull**** was almost as dirty as the Orpik goonery.

NCRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 06:21 AM
Chimp

Don't know if it has been posted, but Tortorella rips the Pens on NHL.com

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=626165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torts
"I wonder what would happen if we did it to their two whining stars? Wonder what would happen?"

"That's one of the most arrogant organizations in the League," Tortorella said of the Penguins. "They whine about this stuff all the time. It's ridiculous. But they'll whine about something else over there, won't they? Starting with their two (bleeping) stars."

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 07:00 AM
charlie460
Stone Age Hockey

It's from the post game press conference, video is in the OP.

charlie460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 07:11 AM
Rangers Fail
free james sheppard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slenke View Post
Question: Is this the third knee-on-knee in three games for the Pens?
Yep. They've injured Grossman and Boychuk, and now they've injured Steps.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 07:25 AM
Ranger_Engineer
There are no windows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esa 10 View Post
I did watch the game and Letang is exactly who I'm talking about. He's their most imortand D man. Concussion history. I'm not talking about fighting, that stuff is useless. They should have gone after him with high, borderline hits. Not obvious elbows, but tough bordeline high stuff. NYR lead the league in fighting majors and are up there in hits, but the stats are rather misleading. We don't have players that hit to hurt, make other teams think twice when they're on the ice. NYR hits are of the ordinary take a body variety. This is not a mean team and it may very well be its undoing in a play-off series. They badly need to get players who will make the opposition worried when they're on the ice. Either that or have guys like Dubi, Staal, etc. grow a pair and start playing a mean game.
When the Rangers and Penguins last played in New York (March 15), Trautwig interviewed James Neal between periods and asked Neal if this was a statement game for the Penguins.

Neal said yes and that the Penguins' intent was to come out and "put a dent in the Rangers".

After this incident with Stepan, it seems that the Pens will continue to put dents in the Rangers until the Rangers do something about it.

The Rangers may be "team tough", but they need a couple forwards like James Neal, who are skilled and tough and have bad intentions.

Tough as in, they'll beat your ass if you take a run at them or one of their teammates. Someone who would have immediately whipped Orpik for the run at Stepan. But also one who takes a regular top-6 shift.

These are difficult players to get, for sure. You need to draft them when you have the opportunity.

Do the Rangers currently have any forwards in the system who can play that type of game? JT Miller (maybe?)

I agree that the Rangers aren't mean enough. I prefer them playing "the right way", but you can also "right way" yourself right out of the playoffs. You have to play with an edge in the playoffs, play on the margin of clean and dirty.

Are the Rangers willing and able to play that type of game?

Ranger_Engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 07:35 AM
TCRF
RICK. GNASH

vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger_Engineer View Post
When the Rangers and Penguins last played in New York (March 15), Trautwig interviewed James Neal between periods and asked Neal if this was a statement game for the Penguins.

Neal said yes and that the Penguins' intent was to come out and "put a dent in the Rangers".

After this incident with Stepan, it seems that the Pens will continue to put dents in the Rangers until the Rangers do something about it.

The Rangers may be "team tough", but they need a couple forwards like James Neal, who are skilled and tough and have bad intentions.

Tough as in, they'll beat your ass if you take a run at them or one of their teammates. Someone who would have immediately whipped Orpik for the run at Stepan. But also one who takes a regular top-6 shift.

These are difficult players to get, for sure. You need to draft them when you have the opportunity.

Do the Rangers currently have any forwards in the system who can play that type of game? JT Miller (maybe?)

I agree that the Rangers aren't mean enough. I prefer them playing "the right way", but you can also "right way" yourself right out of the playoffs. You have to play with an edge in the playoffs, play on the margin of clean and dirty.

Are the Rangers willing and able to play that type of game?
We should be. I dont know why we aren't mean enough, maybe its an avoiding the penalty thing, but we need guys like we used to have... they were goons but it worked like colton orr and avery, who wasn't exactly a goon but he pissed everyone off

TCRF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 07:35 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Tell me again why this team's only deadline acquisition was John Scott?

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 07:39 AM
Riche16
McCready guitar god

Loved that Torts called those &$@!#% whiners

Haha

Price on Orpik's, Crybaby's, or Sleufoot Malkin's head?

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 07:44 AM
Ranger_Engineer
There are no windows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
Tell me again why this team's only deadline acquisition was John Scott?
The only rational thing that I can think of is that the price for real help was way over the top because (at the time) the Rangers were running away with the Eastern Conference.

I was glad that they didn't pay the asking price for Nash, although the extra offense may be the difference in this year's playoffs.

Ranger_Engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 07:45 AM
NYR Viper

I said it before the game. Scott should have played in this game. It's a statement game.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote