HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

General Talk '12 — Czech Republic

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-06-2012, 06:06 AM
  #1
zorz
Registered User
 
zorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,720
vCash: 500
General Talk '12 — Czech Republic

current state of the roster...

Goaltenders:
Jakub Kovář (HC České Budějovice)
Petr Mrázek (Ottawa 67's)
Jakub Štěpánek (SKA St. Petersburg, KHL)

Defensemen:
Miroslav Blaťák (Salavat Yulaev Ufa, KHL)
Petr Čáslava (CSKA Moskva, KHL)
Lukáš Krajíček (Dinamo Minsk, KHL)
Jakub Krejčík (HC Slavia Praha)
Zdeněk Kutlák (Ambrě-Piotta, SUI)
Tomáš Mojžíš (TPS, FIN)
Jakub Nakládal (Salavat Yulaev Ufa, KHL)
Ondřej Němec (Severstal Cherepovets, KHL)

Forwards:
Michael Frolík (Chicago Blackhawks, NHL)
Aleš Hemský (Edmonton Oilers, NHL)
Lukáš Kašpar (Barys Astana, KHL)
Petr Koukal (HC Pardubice)
Jan Kovář (HC Plzeň)
David Krejčí (Boston Bruins, NHL)
Milan Michálek (Ottawa Senators, NHL)
Petr Nedvěd (Bílí Tygři Liberec)
Jiří Novotný (Barys Astana, KHL)
Jakub Petružálek (Amur Khabarovsk, KHL)
Tomáš Plekanec (Montréal Canadiens, NHL)
Petr Průcha (SKA St. Petersburg, KHL)
Petr Tenkrát (HC Sparta Praha)
Tomáš Vincour (Dallas Stars, NHL)
Michal Vondrka (HC Slavia Praha)


Last edited by zorz: 04-30-2012 at 04:08 AM.
zorz is offline  
Old
04-06-2012, 06:13 AM
  #2
zorz
Registered User
 
zorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,720
vCash: 500
Defense looks ok for the beginning of April, give me 1 or 2 more Dmen and we can do something with that material. Offense still needs some serious update though.

zorz is offline  
Old
04-06-2012, 06:19 AM
  #3
zorz
Registered User
 
zorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,720
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcaiBerry View Post
nothing else needs
lol!

zorz is offline  
Old
04-08-2012, 02:34 PM
  #4
Cristiano Ronaldo
Ballon d'Or 2013
 
Cristiano Ronaldo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sacramento, CA
Country: Mexico
Posts: 3,720
vCash: 500
Tomáš Vincour said he'll go if he's invited.

Cristiano Ronaldo is offline  
Old
04-09-2012, 04:46 AM
  #5
Mirinho
Registered User
 
Mirinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 1,498
vCash: 500
as goalies I'd take:

#1 Pavelec
#2 Štěpánek
#3 Mrázek

even if WSH won't beat BOS I wouldn't change it

Mirinho is offline  
Old
04-09-2012, 09:59 AM
  #6
cibtom
:(
 
cibtom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Tampere
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 427
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to cibtom
Ales Hemsky confirmed that he'd like to join the team. Ladislav Smid has some problems with his neck.

cibtom is offline  
Old
04-09-2012, 10:00 AM
  #7
zorz
Registered User
 
zorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,720
vCash: 500
Hemsky confirmed, awesome!

edit: lol, you beat me by seconds cibtom :-)

zorz is offline  
Old
04-11-2012, 03:38 AM
  #8
Erathian
Registered User
 
Erathian's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Czech republic
Posts: 369
vCash: 500
So, it seems that we are without Pavelec...

Erathian is offline  
Old
04-11-2012, 08:01 AM
  #9
zorz
Registered User
 
zorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,720
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erathian View Post
So, it seems that we are without Pavelec...
if true - idiots.

zorz is offline  
Old
04-11-2012, 01:07 PM
  #10
joey16
Registered User
 
joey16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 475
vCash: 500
Too bad.. two biggest losses we could´ve had - Rolinek and Pavelec. Let´s hope Neuvirth is available after first round NHL Play Off. I guess Stepanek would be OK but not great.

I´m also not sure about Nedved. He is still awesome hockey player but I don´t really like his personality, I just don´t see him leading the team to some success, maybe I´m wrong.
Straka would be much better (I know he said he woudn´t come).

What do you guys think?

joey16 is offline  
Old
04-11-2012, 01:20 PM
  #11
zorz
Registered User
 
zorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,720
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey16 View Post
Too bad.. two biggest losses we could´ve had - Rolinek and Pavelec. Let´s hope Neuvirth is available after first round NHL Play Off. I guess Stepanek would be OK but not great.

I´m also not sure about Nedved. He is still awesome hockey player but I don´t really like his personality, I just don´t see him leading the team to some success, maybe I´m wrong.
Straka would be much better (I know he said he woudn´t come).

What do you guys think?
What do I think? Let's see...

- I'm Stepanek fan, but I agree he won't steal many games. He's not a weakness either, so I have no problem with him in the net.
- I don't mind Rolinek, but I don't think he's that big loss. I would take him if he was healthy, but I can easily live without him on the team.
- Nedved has an elite shot and experience, these to things make him valuable, so I think it's ok if he's going. But he's not very useful without the puck and can dissapear for periods or even games. I think he will be useful against some weaker teams, but in real games he won't be a factor.
- I'm glad Straka isn't going. I think he's not good enough anymore to contribute on this level. I may be wrong, but I'm happy we're not gonna find out.

zorz is offline  
Old
04-11-2012, 01:26 PM
  #12
Swipes
Registered User
 
Swipes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 496
vCash: 250
[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey16 View Post
Too bad.. two biggest losses we could´ve had - Rolinek and Pavelec. Let´s hope Neuvirth is available after first round NHL Play Off. I guess Stepanek would be OK but not great.

I´m also not sure about Nedved. He is still awesome hockey player but I don´t really like his personality, I just don´t see him leading the team to some success, maybe I´m wrong.
Straka would be much better (I know he said he woudn´t come).

What do you guys think?
I think we finish in the quarterfinal. Call me pessimistic, but without a goaltender as good as Pavelec, I don't think we're going to get very far.

I agree with you joey, Nedved doesn't convince me much either, I don't think he'll get the captaincy though........Plekanec maybe.

There's still time left till the WC, let's see how this plays out, it'll be interesting.

Swipes is offline  
Old
04-11-2012, 01:29 PM
  #13
Swipes
Registered User
 
Swipes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 496
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
- I don't mind Rolinek, but I don't think he's that big loss. I would take him if he was healthy, but I can easily live without him on the team.
Rolinek is excellent on the penalty kill, I think we may end up missing him more than we think.

Swipes is offline  
Old
04-11-2012, 01:56 PM
  #14
zorz
Registered User
 
zorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,720
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swipes View Post
Rolinek is excellent on the penalty kill, I think we may end up missing him more than we think.
This tournament will show how important he really is for sure and I'm quite curious about that tbh. And yes, you are pessimistic

zorz is offline  
Old
04-11-2012, 02:09 PM
  #15
joey16
Registered User
 
joey16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
What do I think? Let's see...

- I'm Stepanek fan, but I agree he won't steal many games. He's not a weakness either, so I have no problem with him in the net.
- I don't mind Rolinek, but I don't think he's that big loss. I would take him if he was healthy, but I can easily live without him on the team.
- Nedved has an elite shot and experience, these to things make him valuable, so I think it's ok if he's going. But he's not very useful without the puck and can dissapear for periods or even games. I think he will be useful against some weaker teams, but in real games he won't be a factor.
- I'm glad Straka isn't going. I think he's not good enough anymore to contribute on this level. I may be wrong, but I'm happy we're not gonna find out.
Well, I meant it more like leading off the ice etc.. Nedved could be very useful on the ice, no doubt. I just don't feel like it's a person other guys would follow.
And I don't agree with you about Straka. I think he'd still be great for our team and not just on the ice. His skating is amazing for his age.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swipes View Post
Rolinek is excellent on the penalty kill, I think we may end up missing him more than we think.
This.

joey16 is offline  
Old
04-12-2012, 04:02 AM
  #16
Erathian
Registered User
 
Erathian's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Czech republic
Posts: 369
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey16 View Post
Too bad.. two biggest losses we could´ve had - Rolinek and Pavelec. Let´s hope Neuvirth is available after first round NHL Play Off. I guess Stepanek would be OK but not great.

I´m also not sure about Nedved. He is still awesome hockey player but I don´t really like his personality, I just don´t see him leading the team to some success, maybe I´m wrong.
Straka would be much better (I know he said he woudn´t come).

What do you guys think?
I'm not confident in either Stepanek or Kovar. Especially after watching some SKA - Dynamo games.

Nedved can go either way. Still don't know what to think about him.

This will be tough tournament.

Erathian is offline  
Old
04-12-2012, 04:31 AM
  #17
Lassse34
Registered User
 
Lassse34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Country: Bahamas
Posts: 155
vCash: 500
is vokoun out of season?

Lassse34 is offline  
Old
04-12-2012, 05:01 AM
  #18
Erathian
Registered User
 
Erathian's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Czech republic
Posts: 369
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lassse34 View Post
is vokoun out of season?
I don't know, but he told NT coach that he will not come.

Erathian is offline  
Old
04-14-2012, 12:43 PM
  #19
zorz
Registered User
 
zorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,720
vCash: 500
Some not very important cuts were made. The notable news is that Vincour is gonna attend the camp.

zorz is offline  
Old
04-18-2012, 11:01 AM
  #20
zorz
Registered User
 
zorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,720
vCash: 500
GDT CZE-SVK! Plek's captain just as I expected.

zorz is offline  
Old
04-18-2012, 02:11 PM
  #21
zorz
Registered User
 
zorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,720
vCash: 500
what a shot by Pleks to the empty net otherwise it was pretty average game, but the new guys were doing well and we keep winning, so it's ok.

oh and nice choreo

zorz is offline  
Old
04-19-2012, 03:08 AM
  #22
DrunkElkCZ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Brno, Czech Rep.
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 553
vCash: 377
Plekanec was elected as a capitan for the WC. I thought it'll be Novotny but Pleky is a good choice

DrunkElkCZ is online now  
Old
04-19-2012, 04:47 AM
  #23
Mirinho
Registered User
 
Mirinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 1,498
vCash: 500
any info when will join Hemsky?

and is Smid definitely out of the WCH? ... I know he had some injury

Mirinho is offline  
Old
04-19-2012, 06:07 AM
  #24
DrunkElkCZ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Brno, Czech Rep.
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 553
vCash: 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
what a shot by Pleks to the empty net otherwise it was pretty average game, but the new guys were doing well and we keep winning, so it's ok.

oh and nice choreo
Especially Tlusty. I just knew he's going to be good after this year with Canes. I would be also glad if Hadamczik make one line strictly made out of youngsters. Holik, Vincour, Hertl or someone like them but that will probably won't came true...

However I have some doubts about our defence. With players from NHL we could have a very decent 3 lines but if nobody from NHL came, our defence is pretty weak in my opinion. I personally wish to every czech player a longest possible playoff run in NHL but let's say that Kuba, Klesla, Z. Michalek, Zidlicky, (Kubina?) or Polak would be a massive improvement for our defence.

DrunkElkCZ is online now  
Old
04-19-2012, 07:00 AM
  #25
zorz
Registered User
 
zorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,720
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkElkCZ View Post
Especially Tlusty. I just knew he's going to be good after this year with Canes. I would be also glad if Hadamczik make one line strictly made out of youngsters. Holik, Vincour, Hertl or someone like them but that will probably won't came true...

However I have some doubts about our defence. With players from NHL we could have a very decent 3 lines but if nobody from NHL came, our defence is pretty weak in my opinion. I personally wish to every czech player a longest possible playoff run in NHL but let's say that Kuba, Klesla, Z. Michalek, Zidlicky, (Kubina?) or Polak would be a massive improvement for our defence.
I hope we get at least Kindl. There is good chance for Zidlicky too.

Mirinho: I think he will join just before EHT.

zorz is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:31 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.