HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Stepan Injury Thread

Old
04-06-2012, 08:12 AM
bgroban

vCash: 500
After watching the clips with Torts, have to say - love. that. man.

Polar opposite of what we have in DC right now. You do not have to like Torts, but I will say this - he sticks up for his guys.

bgroban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 08:15 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
I'm as much a fan of the Rangers as anyone, but I do not want to see the penguins in the PO's.

It's clear as day that we cannot compete with these guys. The style they play and the skill of their top 2 centers in addition to the defensive mindedness of Staal on the 3rd line to go along with his skill poses questions that the Rangers have absolutely no answer for.

2-4 against the Pens this season while giving up 22 goals (an average of 3.66 goals a game) and only scoring 12 goals (for an average of 2 goals a game)

Not sure how I see that changing in the PO's

As for the physicality, their talent level 100% negates any physicality the Rangers attempt.

The Rangers style of play is absolutely negated by the Penguins style and when you add to it the preferential treatment the Penguins receive, I see no way to beat them in a 7 game set.

I hope the Flyers physically abuse the Pens. Gals like Cindy and Gina should not be provided one ounce of respect. I love that Brayden Schenn cross checked that little girl to the ice. I hope they continue to be a very dirty team to the Pens and eliminates them from the PO's.
Completely dismissing that Biron was in net for two games against the Penguins this season.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 08:16 AM
Legend23

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Wolf View Post
Avery's twitter just says "Relax "little man......".

Wonder if that's a dig at Torts presser?
Tell Avery to go design some pocketbooks

Legend23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 08:17 AM
JayQueensNY88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Not for nothing, he should have dressed tonight. We're not playing for anything, why not sit Mitchell and get him in a game?
this is exactly why i said sit our top 4 d and top 6 fowards...because of **** like this,exactly why!

**** happens man.if stepan is gone its a big hit man.praying hes ok

JayQueensNY88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 08:17 AM
Ominous Grey

I really have liked Stepan ever since I saw him in World Juniors.

Orpik made a reckless, dangerous play and should be suspended. If that was Sid or Geno, I'd be pissed as hell.

Either way, hopefully he's fine and will be ready for the PO's. Sorry a good game had to have such a stupid thing happen in it.

Ominous Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 08:18 AM
bmw2004

I really hope someone does the same to Crysbee and Malkin in the playoffs.

bmw2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 08:25 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Completely dismissing that Biron was in net for two games against the Penguins this season.
I think it's a pretty good point...the Pens have controlled games against the Rangers this year, outside of the first couple. It's something Tortorella must address if the teams meet in the playoffs. Rangers lose way too many pucks in the neutral zone and are stymied at the line to much, have trouble with Pittsburgh being aggressive on the guy with the puck, etc.

I think it's stuff they can work through if they have to play the Pens but it takes a more concerted effort by the team IMO.

I also think, for whatever reason, the Pens have really been stepping it up against the Rangers whenever they play recently. You watch them lose to the Islanders, get run over by the Flyers, and see them come back and play a nearly perfect defensive game with Fleury being great against the Rangers. For whatever reason, they tighten it down against the Rangers and play for keeps.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 08:26 AM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgroban View Post
After watching the clips with Torts, have to say - love. that. man.

Polar opposite of what we have in DC right now. You do not have to like Torts, but I will say this - he sticks up for his guys.
Is it just a coincidence that your avatar matches what will probably be our playoff avatars?

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 08:26 AM
Onion Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
I'm as much a fan of the Rangers as anyone, but I do not want to see the penguins in the PO's.

It's clear as day that we cannot compete with these guys. The style they play and the skill of their top 2 centers in addition to the defensive mindedness of Staal on the 3rd line to go along with his skill poses questions that the Rangers have absolutely no answer for.

2-4 against the Pens this season while giving up 22 goals (an average of 3.66 goals a game) and only scoring 12 goals (for an average of 2 goals a game)

Not sure how I see that changing in the PO's

As for the physicality, their talent level 100% negates any physicality the Rangers attempt.

The Rangers style of play is absolutely negated by the Penguins style and when you add to it the preferential treatment the Penguins receive, I see no way to beat them in a 7 game set.

I hope the Flyers physically abuse the Pens. Gals like Cindy and Gina should not be provided one ounce of respect. I love that Brayden Schenn cross checked that little girl to the ice. I hope they continue to be a very dirty team to the Pens and eliminates them from the PO's.
My thoughts exactly.

Onion Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 08:28 AM
Onion Boy

Quote:
I love Hank as much as anyone, but he would have to be unbelievable for us to have a chance against the Pens.

Onion Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 08:30 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onion Boy View Post
I love Hank as much as anyone, but he would have to be unbelievable for us to have a chance against the Pens.
.No.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 08:33 AM
DoctrSteveBrule
BrooksOrpeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue'sClues View Post
Look at me, I just signed up to go trolling on every board except the Penguins board.

Have fun, it's a long weekend, but make sure your homework is done before Tuesday OK?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTheGr8 View Post
Gonna be hard to get all 3 teams when Philly beats the piss out of your whiney, fa**ot team for 7 games. You'll be lucky if you get through the 1st round.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayQueensNY88 View Post
Im pretty sure this is trolling! ive gotten in trouble for similar things...go back to your boards,please do us a favor.
Don't judge an entire fan-base off of one idiotic individual. Sorry about Stepan, I feel embarrassed for the pens. Shouldn't have happened, hope he's ok. 10 games is a bit much but realistically maybe 2. I mean missing 1 playoff game is a lot more devastating than a regular season game so i see it as essentially a 3 game suspension which seems about right for a knee on knee. Anyways, i can tell you with certainty, that Orpik is not a dirty player. He has literally had one instance of people thinking he was dirty and that was with cole 6 years ago. When a player's game is centered around making big hits, bad things are gonna happen sometimes. Doesnt excuse what he did, just wanted to clarify that people talking about Orpik like he's pond scum is wrong.

I don't have anything against the rangers, I obviously hate the Flyers and the B's though. I don't think that making enemies with these guys matter really though. If they needed extra motivation for the playoffs than they're in trouble to begin with. You don't win playoff series by making friends with teams and try to tell me that after 7 games against someone, if you didnt hate them before, you do now.

Anyways, hope Stepan is ok. Don't take penguin trolls seriously, every team has them, our's are just more ridiculous.

DoctrSteveBrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 08:37 AM
RFAN

One of the best post game interviews Torts or the Rangers have had. The Pens have been crying for the better part of 20 yrs and their play the last week shows their lack of respect for the other players in the league. Truth is someone will pay them back and probably injure one of their two top guys. So in the end they will get what they give.
That said Pens real dangerous in playoffs and I for one will be happy if they beat-up before we ever face them.

RFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 08:40 AM
pld459666

vCash: 873

Quote:
Completely dismissing it. Correct.

To me, it's not a matter of who is in nets.

It's a style issue that poses the real challenge.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 08:44 AM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Playoffs are a whole new ballgame. What happened in the regular season means nothing.

Stepan will be fine. He's got 7 days to rest up.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 09:24 AM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Flyers fan here..

Any word on Stepan?

We flyers fans know how you feel...Vitale knee on kneed grossmann on sunday..

3 knee on knee hits in 3 games.. hm...
Sorry but that also was a cheap shot on Briere...

Mio41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 09:30 AM
sickboy35

I have never rooted so hard for the Flyers to bring back the Bullies and freakin destroy them and i dont just mean on the scoreboard I want to see players carted off the ice thats how much I hate that effin franchise from top to bottom!

sickboy35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 09:34 AM
Poozer

Quote:
this is exactly why i said sit our top 4 d and top 6 fowards...because of **** like this,exactly why!

I mean.. you realize you can't really do that in the NHL right? Its not like we can call up the CT Whale and have them come play a game for us. Salary cap... rules.... etc.

So sure, we could have played the entire game with 4 defenseman and ~7 forwards... that would have been smart.

Poozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 09:35 AM
Stanley Foobrick
Clockwork Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio41 View Post
Sorry but that also was a cheap shot on Briere...
.... But perfectly legal. That's the interesting thing with that play.

Anyone who says it was illegal is kidding themselves, and anyone who say it wasn't an attempt to injure is also kidding themselves.

Stanley Foobrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 09:37 AM
Rangers2319

Man I was doing in a lil scouting on the pens board with the thread of torts, everything they say makes me laugh hysterically, they are in denial : laugh:

Rangers2319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 09:45 AM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue'sClues View Post
.... But perfectly legal. That's the interesting thing with that play.

Anyone who says it was illegal is kidding themselves, and anyone who say it wasn't an attempt to injure is also kidding themselves.
You're right it was legal but the intent to injure was there...

Old
04-06-2012, 09:46 AM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickboy35 View Post
I have never rooted so hard for the Flyers to bring back the Bullies and freakin destroy them and i dont just mean on the scoreboard I want to see players carted off the ice thats how much I hate that effin franchise from top to bottom!
Flyers need Greg williams...

Old
04-06-2012, 09:52 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers2319 View Post
Man I was doing in a lil scouting on the pens board with the thread of torts, everything they say makes me laugh hysterically, they are in denial : laugh:
They have won with Cindy and Geno so they will defend them till the end even if what Torts said is the truth.......funny how it comes right after Milbury said stuff...........its facts people ,many in the league think what Torts and Milbury have said

they are dinks and we all hope they go down

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 09:58 AM
GAGLine

Quote:

So, you would have sat 10 players and played...who? Eminger, Woywitka and Scott are the only warm bodies we have available outside of callups, but we only have 2 callups left.

GAGLine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 10:00 AM
nyrfan1026

I'm terrible at making videos but I know we've got some quite talented people on these boards. If someone could make a video that starts with Lemeiux whining about taking cheapshots out of the game then following that up with a montage of all their nonsense that'd be great.

-Cooke cheap shot on Savard.
-Cooke cheap shot on Tyutin,
-Cooke cheap shot on McDonagh.
-Vitale hit on Briere.
-Orpik hit on Cole.
-Orpik hit on Stepan.
-Cooke hit on Anisimov.

-And then of course it would conclude with Torts rant.

-feel free to add to this list and please somebody make this video, I know there is somebody out there who could probably have it up and running in 5 minutes lol.

nyrfan1026 is offline   Reply With Quote