HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#81 KINGS v SHARKS, 4/5/12, OT Loss T&T ... Sharks steal one @ Staples

Old
04-06-2012, 04:03 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by savemefromtears View Post
So then tell me if it was a big deal when the Jets' strength coach Sal Alosi interfered with DB Nolan Carroll on a kick return in a Jets/Dolphins in an NFL game last year.

Consequence:
On December 13, 2010, he was fined $25,000 by the Jets and suspended for the remainder of the season. The NFL subsequently fined the Jets $100,000 for Alosi's actions.
I am guessing you didn't read this in my other post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
This is nothing. Get over it. Clown will get fined tomorrow and that will be that. And your moral integrity dilemma will be resolved, hopefully satisfactorily.
I don't think he will be suspended, however. Should be interesting to see how much the fine will be.

Then again, Clown's blase response in his interview might just piss the NHL front office off, so perhaps he may be suspended...

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 05:25 AM
Minor Boarding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albi View Post
We have not a player who can handle Clowe in a fight...
Westgarth needs some face feeling on his fists before the playoffs.

I would like the Kings to sit-out Williams, Scuderi/Mitchell and Quick before the playoffs so guys like Westgarth, Drewiske and Bernier get a game, while they get an additional day of rest.

Also I would love to hear some good news from Gagne* and Carter.

*Wishfull thinking on my part probably.

Last edited by Minor Boarding: 04-06-2012 at 05:35 AM.
Minor Boarding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 05:40 AM
Minor Boarding

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
I'm not that upset.

It took a night off from the refs, Clowe cheating and a shootout for the Sharks to beat the Kings and that's without Carter.

This is a very beatable San Jose team with a putrid PK that lucked out. The Kings could easily beat them in a 7 game series.
This.
Now imagine this team + Carter and Gagne. Gagne is a well known clutch playoff performer. I think the healthy Kings would be a threat vs any team in the league.

Old
04-06-2012, 06:21 AM
FootKnight
This ****ing team

I'm not even mad that the refs somehow were the only people in the building to not see it happen, calls get missed and that's definitely not something they are looking for. What I want to know is what the **** was Clowe thinking? How did he, even for a second, think that this would be an okay thing to do? You aren't some joker playing in a friendly scrimmage in your ****ing beer league, this the NHL for god's sake. What the **** happened to sportsmanship?

FootKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 07:28 AM
saintsnsoldiers
The Nolanator

The only thing that determined the outcome of this game was us sitting in the penalty box. Period

saintsnsoldiers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 07:38 AM
Josh Deitell
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minor Boarding View Post
Westgarth needs some face feeling on his fists before the playoffs.

I would like the Kings to sit-out Williams, Scuderi/Mitchell and Quick before the playoffs so guys like Westgarth, Drewiske and Bernier get a game, while they get an additional day of rest.
With the division potentially on the line? Wha?

Josh Deitell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 08:36 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Just another huge black eye for the NHL officials. How can you have 4 officials on the ice and none of them are watching the puck during a 3-on-2 rush up the ice? That is the biggest disgrace.

A $2,500 fine wouldn't be enough, but I'm sure that is what the NHL will do. The easiest decision for the NHL would be to suspend him for the game on Saturday and be done with it. The game could end up being a battle for 7th and 8th if Phoenix wins out.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 08:55 AM
nki

The thing is the Kings got sucked into running around and playing another team's game again just like they did in playoffs, that shouldn't happen.

nki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 08:56 AM
nocturn

Quote:
Aside from the timing of the game itself in the course of a season, there have been exactly 2 games this season where Quick allowed 5. It was a (badly-timed) anomaly. If they poop the bed again Saturday... I still won't be that concerned. a lot of it had to do with the opponent and the ****-ton of undisciplined penalties.

This was more a matter of youthful exuberance trying (and failing) to exact some revenge on the team they lost in the playoffs to last season. They got off their game mentally and paid for it. They'll be much better Saturday (and with Carter back when the playoffs roll around).
Good post Tony.

I can remember saying to myself lastnight sometime during the 3rd period "they're going to lose this because of immaturity. They cant harness it."

I was pissed as hell about the Clowe thing last night but after a good sleep, im over it today. He still should get a call from the league...so should the refs. Worst buzzer to buzzer reffed game ive ever seen bar none. That Clifford 5mm and the Kopi trip "tap" were bad. The Clowe thing was over the top.

No blame to Quick either. The Kings D couldnt clean out the front of the net to save their lives.

Lets hope they can control themselves enough to revenge last nights joke.

nocturn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 08:59 AM
SuperAlmeida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Just another huge black eye for the NHL officials. How can you have 4 officials on the ice and none of them are watching the puck during a 3-on-2 rush up the ice? That is the biggest disgrace.
Darren Dreger ‏ @DarrenDreger
Clowe incident last night boils down to a missed call. Both refs missed it and linesman aren't able to make the call even if they see it.

Stephen Walkom + Brian Pochmara discussed missed call with supervisor after game. All officials rated during season for playoff assignments.

SuperAlmeida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 09:21 AM
Scrivezina
AMart Jazz Hands!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
No kidding. Refs aren't perfect, but for them to miss that is unexcusable. A real damn head shaker.
Fox had interesting commentary at the end where he said that this play will cause embarrassment to the refs of the NHL and that is one thing the NHL doesn't take lightly.

I wouldn't be surprised if he does get suspended myself + fine and maybe a fine to the organization. If this is lightly dealt with, it could encourage the same play later in the finals if it gets too close. I think the discipline will be extreme to make a point.

We lost this game because we forgot how to play D. Yes, this was going to a 3 on 2 but one play doesn't make the game so while shocked a player would do this, it doesn't make up the other 59 minutes.

Scrivezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 09:22 AM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

I have no idea how Dreger can make that statement. It's absolutely no different than a player coming off the bench playing the puck for a too many men on the ice penalty is it not?

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 09:22 AM
Scrivezina
AMart Jazz Hands!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocturn View Post
Good post Tony.

I can remember saying to myself lastnight sometime during the 3rd period "they're going to lose this because of immaturity. They cant harness it."

I was pissed as hell about the Clowe thing last night but after a good sleep, im over it today. He still should get a call from the league...so should the refs. Worst buzzer to buzzer reffed game ive ever seen bar none. That Clifford 5mm and the Kopi trip "tap" were bad. The Clowe thing was over the top.

No blame to Quick either. The Kings D couldnt clean out the front of the net to save their lives.

Lets hope they can control themselves enough to revenge last nights joke.

I think the next game will be a blast! Can't wait!

Old
04-06-2012, 09:24 AM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

If Phoenix loses tonight in regulation, the Kings and Sharks will be playing for the division title tomorrow.

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 09:24 AM
Scrivezina
AMart Jazz Hands!!!

Quote:
I have no idea how Dreger can make that statement. It's absolutely no different than a player coming off the bench playing the puck for a too many men on the ice penalty is it not?
It's the intention that is different. You can always argue, that he miscommunicated with coaching staff on the change and didn't realize it was too many men, this was just the stick only... so the intent was completely different. Unique as all heck though....

Old
04-06-2012, 09:27 AM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
If Phoenix loses tonight in regulation, the Kings and Sharks will be playing for the division title tomorrow.
They can lose in OT or a SO as well, or they can win tomorrow and lose in regulation, OT or a SO on Saturday. The only way that the Kings cannot play for the division title on Saturday is if Phoenix picks up all 4 points in their remaining 2 games. 3 of 4 points won't be enough because the Kings own all tiebreakers with Phoenix.

While I think Phoenix will be lucky to get 1 point out of the next two games, full marks to them if they manage to win the division. I'd certainly rather see them win it than San Jose.

Last edited by TonySCV: 04-06-2012 at 09:33 AM.
TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 09:30 AM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

So does Carter play? I guess that's the big question.

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 09:37 AM
shifting

You guys need to sick Tonya Harding on Clowe and be done with it

shifting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 09:47 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minor Boarding View Post
This.
Now imagine this team + Carter and Gagne. Gagne is a well known clutch playoff performer. I think the healthy Kings would be a threat vs any team in the league.
Not sure who you've been listening to, but Gagne is out, won't be coming back this year, and is mulling retirement after his 7th concussion in his career has had him sidelined for over 3 months.

I wish you were right, but I don't blame Gagne if he hangs them up.

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 09:47 AM
johnjm22

-This game was very similar to what we saw in our playoff series with the Sharks a year ago. High scoring, lots of momentum swings, sketchy defense and just a bizarre game in general.

-I'm not mad at the refs for missing the Clowe incident. That was such an unexpected, out of nowhere play, that it could be easily missed.

-I didn't see Quick give up any "bad" goals. (I missed the first period)

-Kings will fair better IN San Jose.

-Richards was underwhelming as usual.

-Kopitar used to be pretty good in shootouts. Now he just skates down the ice and lobs the puck into Neimi's glove.

-The Kings probably carried the majority of play, and put forth a good effort like they have been for the past few months.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 09:55 AM
ibleedkings
Is this real?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
At least we aren't being put to sleep with 2-1 hockey these days...
Seroiusly last nights game was like a drug, I couldn't fall the **** asleep.

ibleedkings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 10:21 AM
SuperAlmeida

I lost some respect for Dreger:

Still on Clowe's night.Love his compete. Fought Greene in 1st. Scored 3-3 goal.Asst on 5th and got away with bench trickery. Anything to win

SuperAlmeida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 10:25 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

The officiating in last nights game was truly awful. The thing is that when the Refs do their jobs correctly they are supposed to almost be invisible. There as part of the game. Its when Refs over exceed their authority or position either by doing entirely too much or entirely too little causing them to have a huge impact on the outcome of the game that the officiating is truly terrible.

These Ref's had a terrible night during a huge game.

It's over and of we go but I want to s ee the NHL address the Clown penalty and keep that officiating crew under close scrutiny for awhile to see if they have this terrible of a game again.

No way should they be allowed to work together in the playoffs if they are allowed to work them at all.

Credit to the guppies for winning the game but they had a little help imo but that happens and it typically goes back and forth. Of course there are the Koharsky's of the world who have said publicly after they retired how much they liked or disliked one team or another but what are ya gonna do..

On to Saturday.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 10:43 AM
Minor Boarding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Deitell View Post
With the division potentially on the line? Wha?
I want Couture to get his back for his Zeiler esque throw to the boards to draw that major penalty.
I don't want CloweN to be suspended or even fined for that circus performance.
I want this team to send a message before playoffs, that's all. And that's why Westgarth is signed for.
I wanna see Westgarth kicking the living **** out of ClowN so that he will think twice before he starts other shenanigans.

I don't give a **** about the division title or getting home ice advantage. The only thing (and the only banner) I bleed for is the Stanley Cup banner and if the game 7 of the finals is gonna have to be played in Pittsburgh so be it - most of the teams will have better ice then the Kings anyways.

Last edited by Minor Boarding: 04-06-2012 at 10:51 AM.
Old
04-06-2012, 10:43 AM
Seventyx7
Carter Enthusiast

Woke up more angry than when I went to bed. Didn't think that was going to be possible.

Seventyx7 is offline   Reply With Quote