HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#81 KINGS v SHARKS, 4/5/12, OT Loss T&T ... Sharks steal one @ Staples

Old
04-06-2012, 10:45 AM
Chazz Reinhold

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seventyx7 View Post
Woke up more angry than when I went to bed. Didn't think that was going to be possible.
As someone who took the brunt of that anger last night, I can attest that this is actually noteworthy.

I'm still fuming, too.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 10:51 AM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
So does Carter play? I guess that's the big question.

I think the bigger question might be, does Clowe play.

If I'm the NHL, I suspend him for Saturday's game plus the first two games of the playoffs. They need to come down on this hard & fast. Otherwise, every bozo in the league will turn the playoffs into a fiasco by nonchalantly playing the puck from the bench believing the consequences will be light if caught.

In short, Clowe set the worst possible example and it's up to the league to vigorously correct it.

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 10:55 AM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifting View Post
You guys need to sick Tonya Harding on Clowe and be done with it
Please beat Phoenix today. Thank You!

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 11:05 AM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Still mad, not even mad at SJ, just mad at the refs. An absurd number of penalties throughout the game resulting in 30 minutes of actual pp time through the game, yet they miss the most blatant penalty of all.

Not mad about the loss, when there are that many penalties, it turns into a crapshoot and effectively a coinflip. The Kings dominated the Sharks 5 on 5 and are clearly the better team.

Actually pulling for a loss on Saturday though because i really really really want us to play Van in the playoffs

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 11:12 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Wow, I thought I was a fanatic but for those of you that are still mad about last night's game, you really need to get over it.

I am more amused over the whole thing myself.

I guess maybe its because I'm older and have had more than my share of disappointments over the years with the Kings, that this kind of game really didn't bother me so much...you just kind of get used to it, its hockey, after all.

I got to see the tripping penalty on Kopitar in the third period on TV this morning...guess it really was a trip, although barely...and as Jim Fox said, Kopitar didn't argue the call. So we were all mad over a legit call by the ref.

Clearly, the refs had a bad game last night. But let's face it, it wasn't intentional on their part. If they are incompetent, then they are incompetent. A supervisor was at the game, so they are definitely going to hear about it. If its anything like other sports, they will be penalized for the crappy game by not getting to do as many playoff games as they would have.

One thing is for sure: at least one of the refs' eyes should be on the puck carrier. I can understand the linesman focusing on the blue lines; after all, that is their main responsibility. But the referees just have to have one eye on the puck carrier.

That part really baffles me.

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 11:14 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
Actually pulling for a loss on Saturday though because i really really really want us to play Van in the playoffs
In 45 years of following this team, I can honestly say I have never rooted against them. Not sure where you are coming from, but if you really want to play Vancouver in the playoffs, it is likely the Kings will have to go through them to reach the Stanley Cup finals.

So view it that way.

Old
04-06-2012, 11:20 AM
Willard
Kings All The Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
I have no idea how Dreger can make that statement. It's absolutely no different than a player coming off the bench playing the puck for a too many men on the ice penalty is it not?
You are right. Any linesman seeing that play and seeing that nothing is being called should at the very least whistle that play down and call too many men.

Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 11:21 AM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

for more lols

http://timeonice.com/shots1112.php?gamenumber=21214

sigh at the dominance of the Kings 5 on 5, stay out of the box next game please

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 11:27 AM
Minor Boarding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Wow, I thought I was a fanatic but for those of you that are still mad about last night's game, you really need to get over it.

I am more amused over the whole thing myself.

I guess maybe its because I'm older and have had more than my share of disappointments over the years with the Kings, that this kind of game really didn't bother me so much...you just kind of get used to it, its hockey, after all.

I got to see the tripping penalty on Kopitar in the third period on TV this morning...guess it really was a trip, although barely...and as Jim Fox said, Kopitar didn't argue the call. So we were all mad over a legit call by the ref.

Clearly, the refs had a bad game last night. But let's face it, it wasn't intentional on their part. If they are incompetent, then they are incompetent. A supervisor was at the game, so they are definitely going to hear about it. If its anything like other sports, they will be penalized for the crappy game by not getting to do as many playoff games as they would have.

One thing is for sure: at least one of the refs' eyes should be on the puck carrier. I can understand the linesman focusing on the blue lines; after all, that is their main responsibility. But the referees just have to have one eye on the puck carrier.

That part really baffles me.
Kopitar (almost) never complains about the calls (good or bad) so there's that.

Minor Boarding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 11:28 AM
Willard
Kings All The Way

I can't believe the Sharks fans defending that act. I've lost respect for them too. If a Kings player committed that act I would be damn upset and I sure as hell would not be out there defending it.

BTW my philosophy is, with Clowe being on the bench it is not a "play." It is an "act."

Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 11:28 AM
Minor Boarding

Quote:
for more lols

interesting.

Minor Boarding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 11:31 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
for more lols

Thanks for providing that. The numbers support what I was saying about Richards last night, as his line was rather ineffective, at least in terms of generating offensive opportunities and zone possession time.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 11:33 AM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Sure it is. The guy asked if any NHL player had ever done anything like that, and I was just making an observation that in the whole scheme of things, it isn't that big a deal.

I was at the game, and it really didn't strike me as that big a deal anyway.
They suspended Ference last year for flipping off the crowd. They also suspended Rypien for grabbing a fan.

Neither was axe murder. Neither was violent. But they were still suspended because those actions did not preserve the integrity of the sport and were extreme acts of unsportsmanlike conduct.

What makes this any different? Blatantly cheating to interrupt a play late in a game?

Your "putting things in perspective" post is short sited to only support your conclusion.

Jason Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 11:37 AM
SuperAlmeida

lisa dillman @reallisa
Asked league for comment and got this response, "Already a rule in place. if officials see it- they call it." Rule 56-Interference

SuperAlmeida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 11:38 AM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

And wow Dreger is a ****ing moron.

Way to promote cheating and unsportsmanlike conduct in a game. I guess he probably liked Rypien attacking that fan then also...cause you know...it showed real emotion and intensity.

Maybe he liked Bertuzzi slamming Moore also because it showed real passion and physical play.

Anything to win right?

Jason Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 12:27 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
And wow Dreger is a ****ing moron.

Way to promote cheating and unsportsmanlike conduct in a game. I guess he probably liked Rypien attacking that fan then also...cause you know...it showed real emotion and intensity.

Maybe he liked Bertuzzi slamming Moore also because it showed real passion and physical play.

Anything to win right?
My tweet back to him:

@DarrenDreger Really? Anything to win? What a pathetic tweet...unfollowed.

Old
04-06-2012, 12:29 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

But here is one of my favorite tweets back to him:

Alex Polishchuk ‏ @alexpoli19

@DarrenDreger yeah Clowe, what a competitor, maybe playoffs game 7 he'll slash a player's head for the win, if refs not looking. #rollmodel

Old
04-06-2012, 12:30 PM
KingsFan7824

Bench trickery?

Deliberately interfering with live play from the bench. It doesn't matter what team it is, what player it is, what game it is, or at what time during the season that happens. That can't be allowed without consequence. There was no call, but it's on video. It's not a missed tripping penalty. It's not a missed interference penalty. Those things happen on the ice. This was a physical act from out of the bounds of play.

Yeah, things like that don't happen. However, now that it has, you have to deal with it. It wasn't even an accident, it was blatant. Even if Clowe got a 2 minute penalty, is that enough? Can that be enough? What would stop another player from doing the same thing if all they get is a 2 minute penalty, if the refs even see it happen?

If Clowe were on the ice and threw his stick, but somehow no penalty was called, it's a missed call, because it happened on the ice. Not even an issue, just another missed call. You can't be allowed to physically alter play when not on the ice. It doesn't matter what team, what player, what game.

KingsFan7824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 12:30 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperAlmeida View Post
lisa dillman @reallisa
Asked league for comment and got this response, "Already a rule in place. if officials see it- they call it." Rule 56-Interference
This is why NHL spokeholes shouldn't speak until they have thought it through.

That play by Clowe was not your average on-ice infraction.

If that's their attitude, as someone on the main board said, "I hope it happens in a game 7."

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 12:50 PM
King Richards
Dry Island II

Sharks' fans attitudes on this are absolutely disgusting. Reading the main board thread is making my blood pressure go through the roof, gotta step away for a while.

King Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 01:01 PM
Shellz

Dreger is ****ing dumb.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 01:09 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Cripes... ever heard of an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty?

Unsportsmanlike, interference, too many men - take your pick! It's a penalty regardless.

Thankfully this is the NHL - always on the bush league fringes. Referees don't like to get embarrassed. If it's not rectified by the NHL we'll probably see some calls go the Kings way on Saturday. One of the most senior officials (Walkom) was working our game and I can't imagine he's happy about the prospect of losing a playoff assignment thanks to Ryan Clowe.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 01:11 PM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Lol really Dreger? I knew Dreger was losing his marbles when he recently said he thinks Fleury should win the vezina.

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 01:54 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Wow, Dreger is getting skewered on Twitter right now...

Darren Dreger ‏ @DarrenDreger

I'm not defending Clowe's interference from the bench, but there's no questioning how badly he wants to win.That was my point. #overyourhead

Morgan Wolfe ‏ @MoWolfe1134
@DarrenDreger ya the saints "just wanted to win" too.

Michael Johnston ‏ @mikeybrau

@DarrenDreger an easy out to take when you make a stupid comment, blame others for being too dumb to understand #typical

Dr. Vic Patron ‏ @Dr_Vic_Patron

@DarrenDreger terrible view point. I guess Keith wanted to win too when he threw that elbow ?

Great responses...Dreger needs to quit when he is behind.

Way behind.

Old
04-06-2012, 02:00 PM
Seventyx7
Carter Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Richards View Post
Sharks' fans attitudes on this are absolutely disgusting. Reading the main board thread is making my blood pressure go through the roof, gotta step away for a while.
Exactly what I had to do. The thought that because of a clock display glitch that this is somehow karma or justice makes me ****ing lose it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
As someone who took the brunt of that anger last night, I can attest that this is actually noteworthy.

I'm still fuming, too.
Oh come on, I wasn't THAT bad.

Seventyx7 is offline   Reply With Quote