HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Stepan Injury Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-06-2012, 11:22 AM
  #126
AdamBanks99
MinnesotaMiracleMan
 
AdamBanks99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 360
vCash: 500
"After a good amount of thought, two games would work for me on Orpik. Sit one playoff game. He really got that knee out there." - @jessespector

AdamBanks99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 11:31 AM
  #127
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,594
vCash: 500
From: @JSportsnet
Sent: Apr 6, 2012 12:20p

NHL still trying to determine whether Orpik flares his knee out or whether its the contact that forces his leg to flare out.

sent via web
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/JSportsnet/status/188300211892928512

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 11:35 AM
  #128
Leetch66
Registered User
 
Leetch66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: PEI Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,143
vCash: 500
He had a Penguin jersey on...not much point in discussing the topic anymore...it's pointless as the Penguins have an immunity clause against suspensions by the NHL .

Leetch66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 11:36 AM
  #129
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist
 
Riche16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: FL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,436
vCash: 500
The NHL Is getting so bad with their bias to the Pens. It's really sickening. Makes we want to walk away as a fan. It is soooooo blatant it makes me feel like games could be fixed so what's the point?

I agree with Torts, if this was Girardi on Malkin it would be a COMPLETELY different story.

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 11:37 AM
  #130
DoctrSteveBrule
BrooksOrpeck
 
DoctrSteveBrule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,766
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
He's done it without being suspended too.
im actually curious, can you find me some of these? I think your grasping at straws to be honest.

DoctrSteveBrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 11:39 AM
  #131
pld459666
Registered User
 
pld459666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 16,086
vCash: 873
.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
you dont think having the likely vezina winner in net matters versus having a mediocre backup goalie? really?
Unless Lundqvist stands on his head each and every night and steals the series the way Patrick Roy did many a time, I have no faith in the Rangers against the Penguins assuming everyone is healthy.

It matters, but losing close games is still losing.

I trust their offence more than I trust ours to score goals at important times during a game.

i.e. in the third period on the PP while tied at 1 or to salt a game away when leading by 1.

The styles match up and the talent level of the Pens three centers poses a real problem for this Rangers team. One that will not be overcome because Lundqvist is in nets.

That is of course assuming Lundqvist just plays to his potential.

Should Lundqvist play above his own head, we have a shot.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 11:40 AM
  #132
Mio41
Ron Harris #3
 
Mio41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 2,432
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrzeigler View Post
Oh please. An open-ice hit in which a player buried his right shoulder into the upper right portion of the puck carrier's chest? That's ridiculous. If I were Mike Milbury, I'd be tempted to suggest someone take off his skirt for complaining about that hit. But I'm not, so I won't.

As for why I'm here, I hope Stepan is well.
If Rinaldo did that to Letang, would u say that was ok, irrelevant that it was clean he hurt him on spite and the game was over, he's a loser

Mio41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 11:42 AM
  #133
AdamBanks99
MinnesotaMiracleMan
 
AdamBanks99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 360
vCash: 500
orpik hit on franzen that put him out for 55 games.

AdamBanks99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 11:42 AM
  #134
wej20
Registered User
 
wej20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Swansea,UK
Country: Wales
Posts: 21,208
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio41 View Post
If Rinaldo did that to Letang, would u say that was ok, irrelevant that it was clean he hurt him on spite and the game was over, he's a loser
Not sure why people are shocked that a team was hitting hard when they're basically locked into to playing a 1st round playoff series.

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 11:44 AM
  #135
pld459666
Registered User
 
pld459666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 16,086
vCash: 873
.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio41 View Post
If Rinaldo did that to Letang, would u say that was ok, irrelevant that it was clean he hurt him on spite and the game was over, he's a loser
I have no issues with what Vitale did to Briere.

Is he supposed to stop playing hard cause his team is down by three?

Could be 5 minutes left or 30 seconds left, you play the game to the final whistle.

Vitale threw a great and VERY CLEAN check into the chest of an opposing player that had possession of the puck.

I hate Pitt as much as the next guy, but to think that they should just stop playing because they are losing (regardless of margin) is a bit arrogant.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 11:46 AM
  #136
DeadPuck
Registered User
 
DeadPuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 892
vCash: 500
@NYDNRangers: McDonagh said he rode to rink with Stepan. "He's a little sore, but I don't think it's going to be anything serious."

DeadPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 11:48 AM
  #137
37bergy
Registered User
 
37bergy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Tewksbury, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 122
vCash: 500
Coming in peace...hope Stephan will be ok...but the Penguins have been making runs at the wrong teams...as mentioned before the Flyers,Rangers, and Bruins..Lets all hope if the Flyers don't beat them, then they at least beat them up. Ik our two teams have our rivalry, but idk bout u guys but i got to say i hate the Penguins more than anyone in the league (besides Montreal and Vancouver).

37bergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 11:49 AM
  #138
pld459666
Registered User
 
pld459666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 16,086
vCash: 873
I have to say that I am glad I am no an NHL player today.

I would pull a Dave Brown on a guy like Orpik or a Cooke and gladly get suspended for 20 games.

Shanahan is not going to stop this, the players need to exert some frontier justice on those responsible for commiting these careless and dis-respectful offenses.

Next time I played Orpik, I would cross check very hard him in the side of his head, and then tell him why I did it. I'd then tell the media why I did it. and if I got suspended for the year, so be it.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 11:54 AM
  #139
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 16,720
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamBanks99 View Post
orpik hit on franzen that put him out for 55 games.
Hes a repeat offender with the exact same type of hit. Shanny at worst will suspend him for the pointless game tomorrow. He would never suspend him for a playoff game.

Jumbo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 11:57 AM
  #140
ivefle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 46
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
I have to say that I am glad I am no an NHL player today.

I would pull a Dave Brown on a guy like Orpik or a Cooke and gladly get suspended for 20 games.

Shanahan is not going to stop this, the players need to exert some frontier justice on those responsible for commiting these careless and dis-respectful offenses.

Next time I played Orpik, I would cross check very hard him in the side of his head, and then tell him why I did it. I'd then tell the media why I did it. and if I got suspended for the year, so be it.
Yeah, you and Biron. Scary stuff.

It amazes me how this thread rivals the thread you guys made about how Tortorella freaked on Rupp for the same hit. And that suspension that he deserved, yeesh.

ivefle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 11:58 AM
  #141
turcotte8
Registered User
 
turcotte8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,870
vCash: 500
What a surprise


Andrew Gross ‏ @AGrossRecord
Doesn't appear the NHL will further discipline the Penguins Brooks Orpik.

turcotte8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 12:02 PM
  #142
mrzeigler
Geno and Juss '13
 
mrzeigler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 3,150
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio41 View Post
The game was essentially over, what are you kidding, you don't think he went out of his way to hurt him, plus he picks on a skilled midget, gutless wonder, but it was a clean hit but unnecessary...
The flip side of that argument is that Briere shouldn't have been skating through center ice with the intent of scoring if the game was essentially over. After all, his team had the lead, why bother competing even if what he was doing was OK according to league rules? Another goal would have been unnecessary.

BTW, the Goliath who hit that "skilled midget" is one inch taller than Briere. He's one of six players fighting for three fourth-line forward slots going into the playoffs. Do you really expect a player, esp. a rookie, to not play hard for every second he's on the ice if he wants to last long in the NHL?

Sorry for continuing this offtopic digression on a nonPens nonFlyers board. I'm done.

mrzeigler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 12:05 PM
  #143
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,439
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
From: @JSportsnet
Sent: Apr 6, 2012 12:20p

NHL still trying to determine whether Orpik flares his knee out or whether its the contact that forces his leg to flare out.

sent via web
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/JSportsnet/status/188300211892928512


Looks like his knee is out and he's leading with it. It's not the most blatant knee ever but he looks like he was trying to do everything to get a piece of Stepan one way or the other and threw a dangerous hit

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 12:05 PM
  #144
pld459666
Registered User
 
pld459666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 16,086
vCash: 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivefle View Post
Yeah, you and Biron. Scary stuff.

It amazes me how this thread rivals the thread you guys made about how Tortorella freaked on Rupp for the same hit. And that suspension that he deserved, yeesh.
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/puck-d...044643044.html

One was deemed a major by the refs, the other a 2 minute minor.

Interesting comparisson.

cool story

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 12:07 PM
  #145
Graves94
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 433
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by turcotte8 View Post
What a surprise


Andrew Gross ‏ @AGrossRecord
Doesn't appear the NHL will further discipline the Penguins Brooks Orpik.
What a joke! Garbage league run by incopetent individuals

Graves94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 12:08 PM
  #146
pld459666
Registered User
 
pld459666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 16,086
vCash: 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/puck-d...044643044.html

One was deemed a major by the refs, the other a 2 minute minor.

Interesting comparisson.

cool story
even better is this link is which Pens fans acknowledge the incident was unintentional

http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.ph..._knee_on_staal

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 12:09 PM
  #147
we want cup
We do not Sow
 
we want cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 10,640
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
I have to say that I am glad I am no an NHL player today.

I would pull a Dave Brown on a guy like Orpik or a Cooke and gladly get suspended for 20 games.

Shanahan is not going to stop this, the players need to exert some frontier justice on those responsible for commiting these careless and dis-respectful offenses.

Next time I played Orpik, I would cross check very hard him in the side of his head, and then tell him why I did it. I'd then tell the media why I did it. and if I got suspended for the year, so be it.
Unfortunately the NHL seems only willing to go after retaliations without handling the dirty play that causes those retaliations. No individual team/player wants to be the one who takes the full brunt of the NHL's wrath on eliminating true enforcement by the players.

__________________

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 12:10 PM
  #148
Mio41
Ron Harris #3
 
Mio41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 2,432
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrzeigler View Post
The flip side of that argument is that Briere shouldn't have been skating through center ice with the intent of scoring if the game was essentially over. After all, his team had the lead, why bother competing even if what he was doing was OK according to league rules? Another goal would have been unnecessary.

BTW, the Goliath who hit that "skilled midget" is one inch taller than Briere. He's one of six players fighting for three fourth-line forward slots going into the playoffs. Do you really expect a player, esp. a rookie, to not play hard for every second he's on the ice if he wants to last long in the NHL?

Sorry for continuing this offtopic digression on a nonPens nonFlyers board. I'm done.
That had no retaliation motive from Schenn dropping Crosby, yeah right...

Mio41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 12:10 PM
  #149
ivefle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 46
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/puck-d...044643044.html

One was deemed a major by the refs, the other a 2 minute minor.

Interesting comparisson.

cool story
So NOW the referees are reputable and don't screw up every other call/non-call. Got it. Let me know when we can't trust them again, could you please?

Equally cool story.

ivefle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 12:12 PM
  #150
Mio41
Ron Harris #3
 
Mio41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 2,432
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
I have no issues with what Vitale did to Briere.

Is he supposed to stop playing hard cause his team is down by three?

Could be 5 minutes left or 30 seconds left, you play the game to the final whistle.

Vitale threw a great and VERY CLEAN check into the chest of an opposing player that had possession of the puck.

I hate Pitt as much as the next guy, but to think that they should just stop playing because they are losing (regardless of margin) is a bit arrogant.
BS, it was retaliation for Schenn cross checking the league's poster child...

Mio41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:46 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.