HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

We got a point Habs lose 2-1 SO

Old
04-06-2012, 04:42 AM
yianik

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
On a 2nd thought, I can't believe we finished ****ing last in the East
IM glad , very glad we have at worst the 4th overall pick as some sort of compensation for this disaster of a season, but I know what you mean, theres this emptiness about finishing this low. People keep saying we Habs think were entitled to the Cup every year and this isnt true. But finishing last in the east and 3rd last overall, my God, this is the Montreal Canadiens were talking about. Its taken 30 years of general incompetency to bring us down to this level. Bright spot is we do have some very good players and we could rebound very fast, but we cant have any mistakes ( nail it Trevor) and Molson has to put in good people who will make smart decisions. Its like the Torch was dropped on a mud hill and we have had these buffoons ( and I feel bad saying this especially about BG ) pushing it down the hill further. Somebody needs to pick it up.

yianik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 04:46 AM
StanAjax

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
That has to mean that he got directives from Molson to tank, he can't be that dumb to use Gorges in a shootout right? That and going with Plekanec instead of Subban on the PP...

And yes you raise a very good point lastly. I am very, very torn about the issue. To lose would mean my pride as a Habs fan would take a hit even though I am not at the game, yet I'll have the satisfaction of seeing a bunch of Leafs fans cry on the internet over their win. On the flipside, I would very much enjoy us beating the snot out of them and end the season on a positive note. Pacioretty hat trick please?

No, non, Cole did shoot. I still hear the post ringing from his shot ! NHL.com just messed 26 and 72. How, I don't know...

And last night was Kaberle and Markov on the first PP.

Back on the last game. If we forget the lottery and assume Edmonton will lose (Vancouver will have a conference title and a Presidents trophy to grab), that Mtl-Tor game is a win-win :

- A victory over the Leafs always tastes good, though it has not the same flavour as back in the Sundin days, when refs had Leafs jerseys under their zebras.

- A loss and the Leafs falling back to 7th and their fans will cry for the failed tank and the Komisarek/Kadri luck attached to the 7th pick.

StanAjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 06:29 AM
wedge

I'm just happy that we're now guaranteed a top-4 pick, even if someone behind us wins the lottery. That's good. It guarantees us of a good forward.

wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 08:40 AM
BLONG7

So we pick 1st through 4th no matter what....do you guys think depending on where the lottery puts us, that our first round draft pick will play with the Habs next season, or is he 2-3 seasons away?

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 08:43 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
So we pick 1st through 4th no matter what....do you guys think depending on where the lottery puts us, that our first round draft pick will play with the Habs next season, or is he 2-3 seasons away?
I'd hope he'll be only 1-2 seasons away before joining us.

We have a very good prospect batch all coming Hamilton next year. It's the perfect environment to develop; alongside talented players.

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 09:14 AM
StanAjax

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
I'd hope he'll be only 1-2 seasons away before joining us.

We have a very good prospect batch all coming Hamilton next year. It's the perfect environment to develop; alongside talented players.
If it's a CHL player (Yakupov, Grigorenko, Galchenyuk, Murray), he won't be eligible to play in Hamilton. Only Forsberg can go there next season. For the others, it's either NHL or CHL.

StanAjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 10:22 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Now we can smash those leafs!

They ****in' better smash them.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 10:30 AM
ReVeuF

If we lose against the Leafs and the Oilers win their game, we are 2nd overall I think.

So basically we win against Leafs and we can have : 1st (win lottery), 3rd or 4th overall
We lose against the Leafs and Oilers win : 1st (win lottery), 2nd or 3rd overall

ReVeuF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 10:32 AM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanAjax View Post
If it's a CHL player (Yakupov, Grigorenko, Galchenyuk, Murray), he won't be eligible to play in Hamilton. Only Forsberg can go there next season. For the others, it's either NHL or CHL.
Please, don't count on the next #1 pick to be the saviour of this franchise next season. The guy won't play at NHL level.

I'm scared about these Russian kids. Hopefully they are not the next Zherdev or Filatov.

Personally I would trade that #1 pick in a package for a proven young productive winger like a Bobby Ryan or a Jimmy Benn. Or even some bright 1st round picks from the last two years like Huberdeau, Etem or Coyle...

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 12:06 PM
Help
Send help

vCash: 50
The Oilers are playing the Canucks on Saturday night. Yeah, they don't have a hope in hell. We might as well beat the Leafs, bludgeon them until they can't even be identified, it'll give us good karma going into the draft lottery (and it'll be fun!)

Help is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 12:12 PM
SeriousHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel Sanchez View Post
The Oilers are playing the Canucks on Saturday night. Yeah, they don't have a hope in hell. We might as well beat the Leafs, bludgeon them until they can't even be identified, it'll give us good karma going into the draft lottery (and it'll be fun!)
Canucks might play Luongo

SeriousHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 12:14 PM
Help
Send help

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousHabs View Post
Canucks might play Luongo
Hmmmm, it is getting close to the playoffs, he might be spooked

Old
04-06-2012, 12:19 PM
windycity

Quote:
I'd normally agree but I'd rather lose and hurt the Leafs that way

windycity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 12:23 PM
yianik

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
Please, don't count on the next #1 pick to be the saviour of this franchise next season. The guy won't play at NHL level.

I'm scared about these Russian kids. Hopefully they are not the next Zherdev or Filatov.

Personally I would trade that #1 pick in a package for a proven young productive winger like a Bobby Ryan or a Jimmy Benn. Or even some bright 1st round picks from the last two years like Huberdeau, Etem or Coyle...
Ryan is great, but I think we should gun for the big offensive centre as that appears to be the biggest need. Besides, even with the emergence of DD and progression of Eller, if we pass on getting a centre ( except for Yakupov ) be it through the draft or a trade, Im afraid of the number of people on these boards whose heads will actually explode... really.

yianik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 12:27 PM
Help
Send help

Quote:
Originally Posted by windycity View Post
I'd normally agree but I'd rather lose and hurt the Leafs that way
They clearly can't properly rebuild by themselves. They NEED our help

Old
04-06-2012, 12:42 PM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

My wish, Max Pac scores hatty, Kessel scores 2 and then Cole gets empty netter and Kessel gets 3rd in last few seconds. Everybody wins!
Wish Leafs would put out some ECHL goalie on a 'emergency(tank)basis' to secure the loss

Last edited by Leafs For Life*: 04-06-2012 at 12:43 PM. Reason: spelling
Leafs For Life* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 01:20 PM
SB164

Quote:
That's pretty messed up.

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote