HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Stepan Injury Thread

Old
04-06-2012, 12:14 PM
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
I have to say that I am glad I am no an NHL player today.

I would pull a Dave Brown on a guy like Orpik or a Cooke and gladly get suspended for 20 games.

Shanahan is not going to stop this, the players need to exert some frontier justice on those responsible for commiting these careless and dis-respectful offenses.

Next time I played Orpik, I would cross check very hard him in the side of his head, and then tell him why I did it. I'd then tell the media why I did it. and if I got suspended for the year, so be it.
Not normally a violent person but you raise a valid point. IF this is what the league is cultivating, and it appears to be an agenda for them, then the NHL should be prepared to reap the consequences, as should the players and the teams that commit these offenses. Turning a blind eye to this is going to escalate things to a disturbing point.

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 12:17 PM
pld459666

vCash: 873

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio41 View Post
BS, it was retaliation for Schenn cross checking the league's poster child...
At the end of the day, it was a clean hockey check on the guy with the puck, you know, the kind of hits that are taught to each and every youngster that has ever played the game.

Led with the shoulder to the puck carriers chest/shoulder

timing of the game is irrelevant.

Want to get back at Schenn for the cross check to Cindy's back, go after Schenn.

Want to try to get the puck back to score a goal, seperate the oppsing player from the puck with a thundering hit.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 12:20 PM
pld459666

vCash: 873

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivefle View Post
So NOW the referees are reputable and don't screw up every other call/non-call. Got it. Let me know when we can't trust them again, could you please?

Equally cool story.
How about the 2nd link them, with Pens fans stating it was unintentional?

Rupp glides in legs spread and his knee catches Staal.

Orpik is out of position to make the clean hit and sticks his knee out

Major difference there.

you can have your opinion, you would be wrong, but you are entitled to an opinion.

Last edited by pld459666: 04-06-2012 at 12:34 PM.
pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 12:21 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Ofcourse the league doesn't do **** about it. Wonder what would happen if Prust does that to Malkin, or worse, Cindy. We'd lose him for the entire playoffs.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 12:33 PM
Cmox

wow, what ********

Cmox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 12:40 PM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
At the end of the day, it was a clean hockey check on the guy with the puck, you know, the kind of hits that are taught to each and every youngster that has ever played the game.

Led with the shoulder to the puck carriers chest/shoulder

timing of the game is irrelevant.

Want to get back at Schenn for the cross check to Cindy's back, go after Schenn.

Want to try to get the puck back to score a goal, seperate the oppsing player from the puck with a thundering hit.
I've said all along it was a clean hit, but it had a purpose...why else did it start a brawl?

Mio41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 12:52 PM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Any Flyer fans around, I'd be interested in your take on Vitale's hit on Briere...I know i wouldn't be happy if that was Cally hit by their skill less player...

Mio41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 12:53 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Is Steps alright? Any word on him?

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 01:03 PM
jskramer83

vCash: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Sent: Apr 6, 2012 12:20p

NHL still trying to determine whether Orpik flares his knee out or whether its the contact that forces his leg to flare out.

sent via web
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/JSportsnet/status/188300211892928512

aka having an emergency meeting in order to figure out how they can spin this around, and justify not suspending or fining Orpik.

While at the same time trying to figure out how to warn the other teams in the nhl, that if they do this to Crosby or Malkin, there will be severe penalties.

jskramer83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 01:28 PM
peanutbuttacallytime
#therightway

Quote:
Originally Posted by jskramer83 View Post
aka having an emergency meeting in order to figure out how they can spin this around, and justify not suspending or fining Orpik.

While at the same time trying to figure out how to warn the other teams in the nhl, that if they do this to Crosby or Malkin, there will be severe penalties.
its sad how spot on this is

peanutbuttacallytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 01:31 PM
DeadPuck

It's official.

@HalfordPHT: Report: No supplemental discipline for Orpik after kneeing Stepan http://t.co/3IUmDOET

DeadPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 01:31 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Disgraceful. At least our boys know its fair game to do that to the Pens if we meet.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 01:34 PM
truebluegoalie

that is pretty awful. Especially when you consider the pens have been involved in some pretty questionable plays lately.

And the fact that you now have 2 coaches saying something about this team and the way they play? Maybe the media will start to notice all their ******** as well? nah I guess that is too much to expect.

truebluegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 01:36 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

The league doesn't even notice that this is three kneeing occurrences in three games for their beloved golden team. Disgraceful. I hope Philly knocks them down on their whiny little *****. Let's Go Flyers!

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 01:36 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Flyers should also see that kneeing is now legal.

Old
04-06-2012, 01:37 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Oh, and I never want to hear another Pens fan say that they don't get preferential treatment. Ever.

Old
04-06-2012, 01:40 PM
surf
Wheres the Reggae?

I am just as pissed as everyone but what does *****ing and moaning do? Torts and our fan base are doing the very same thing he/we accuse the Pens of..Whining and complaining..It was an iffy hit maybe a game or two but if not have a memory like an elephant..Take down the number and police it yourself..We had 5 minutes last night for retrobution on a Penguin and we did nothing,and it didn't have to be against Orpik either..Today im more upset about that than anything else..As Dave Maloney said last night..Frontier Justice..I can't wait for McIlrath...He would have done something on his own..Thankful Derek looks like hes gonna be fine.

surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 01:41 PM
PJStock*

Flyers fan here. Any word on Stepan? Hope his knee is o.k. In our case, Grossmann now has to wear a brace both knees (he already had one on his other knee before the Vitale hit).

PJStock* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 01:42 PM
AdamBanks99
MinnesotaMiracleMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJStock View Post
Flyers fan here. Any word on Stepan? Hope his knee is o.k. In our case, Grossmann now has to wear a brace both knees (he already had one on his other knee before the Vitale hit).
he came with macdonagh to practice and spent the day with rammer (rangers' trainer). should be okay for tomorrow.

AdamBanks99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 01:43 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by surf View Post
I am just as pissed as everyone but what does *****ing and moaning do? Torts and our fan base are doing the very same thing he/we accuse the Pens of..Whining and complaining..It was an iffy hit maybe a game or two but if not have a memory like an elephant..Take down the number and police it yourself..We had 5 minutes last night for retrobution on a Penguin and we did nothing,and it didn't have to be against Orpik either..Today im more upset about that than anything else..As Dave Maloney said last night..Frontier Justice..I can't wait for McIlrath...He would have done something on his own..Thankful Derek looks like hes gonna be fine.
I think many of us are keeping our fingers crossed that someday Big Mac can come across the blueline and clean Crosby's clock.

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 02:03 PM
Banderson123

So glad the NHL world is finally realizing what the Pens are all about.

I've lived in the PGH market all my life so I watch alot of Pens games. I see this crap all the time with this team and being surrounded by Pens fans its "oh you're just jealous" or "take off your tinfoil hat".

This team is full of cheap shot artists and pansies afraid to stand toe to toe and handle business i.e. Criesby punching someone in the a $ $ while his target is engaged in a fight. That act there sums up what these girls are all about.

And do you think the dirtiest team in the NHL receives any punishment, ever? Heck no.

So sick of seeing this team win like this. The most gutless BS I've ever seen in sports is the play of the Pittsburgh Penguins.

They deserve to have someone knock Cindy's head off and end his career. Is that harsh? Yep. But if you live by the sword you die by the sword. A career ending injury would be exactly what that team and their fans deserve.

Be glad you aren't surrounded by these idiots from PGH. They only root for their team when it's winning and once they are they are the most insufferable arrogant morons I've ever encountered. Hate is not strong enough to describe my feeling for them.

If there is any such thing as justice in the sport this team will limp, no drag their limp lifeless bodies to the bitter end of round one against Philly and die on the ice.

Then I can listen to them cry (because they are excellent at that) about how bad their little girls were hurt and the play was too rough and etc etc.

I feel your pain NYR, but if you are waiting fir any kind of hurt to be put on Orpick for the hit last night, don't hold your breath.

With everything that has gone on this week with multiple people and organizations calling out the Pens for their cheap play maybe the NHL will wake up and see this team for what they really are. Until then we are just "haters" "jealous" or conspiracy theorists bc the Pens are the good guys. Mmm hmmm.

Banderson123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 02:06 PM
NYR89

To argue the Vitalie hit on Briere is so stupid. It's a clean hit. It was actually a picture perfect open ice hit. Briere should keep his head up next time.

The Flyers' coaching staff was complaining about the Pens having their 4th line guys on that late, why were the Flyers playing their top guys? There was absolutely nothing wrong with that hit, at all. Nothing.

NYR89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 02:16 PM
McDonaghisGod
Why not us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
I think many of us are keeping our fingers crossed that someday Big Mac can come across the blueline and clean Crosby's clock.
I can't wait for this.

McDonaghisGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 02:21 PM
slapsht25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio41 View Post
Any Flyer fans around, I'd be interested in your take on Vitale's hit on Briere...I know i wouldn't be happy if that was Cally hit by their skill less player...
Vitale's hit was a borderline charge, but they were out for their pound of flesh regardless. putting their 4th line out against our second line that was bylsma's choice to put them out. if he put out stall kennedy nothing happens. imagine if the flyers put out rinaldo wellwood read and rinaldo hit crosby with the same check, for some reason i think there would be a penalty.

slapsht25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 02:27 PM
sjm1717

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Flyers should also see that kneeing is now legal.
Or a major penalty...

sjm1717 is offline   Reply With Quote