And the gongshow continues....

Shadowthrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 05:48 AM
Maverick41

vCash: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowthrone View Post
There were times, when these things made me chuckle, if only because it is all so ridiculous, but these days I don't get even the slightest amusement from this.

When will these stupid people finally realise that they hurt the game of hockey in Germany? We could be talking about Seidenberg winning the Stanley Cup, or Ehrhoff being in the finals, or the impressive showing of the national team at the last 2 World Championships, or even about the good performances of young German players in the CHL. Or how about all of the above? But instead ...

I've got to stop there before I get myself all worked up again.

Maverick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 03:39 PM
44germany
Rookie User

vCash: 500
It is so sad

I am so proud that another German hockey player won the Stanley Cup, but no word is wasted on this subject in tv or radio. The German hockey players are doing a good job but the del and deb management is not able to do a good marketing for german hockey. In my opinion the iihf is also incompitent, there will be another change of the world cup playing modus next year. Thats confusing for every newcomer-fan.

44germany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 11:00 AM
Persian Wild
Persia 4 Parise

Its gonna be a good season with Uwe Krupp for my KÖLNER HAIE!

Persian Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2011, 12:06 AM
albator71

wow eisbären will be hard to beat again this season, and the added the best player in the league darin olver!!! the rich are getting richer.

albator71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 06:51 AM
JVR
HeadHitsAreNotIllega

Heute 18:43 auf Eurosport.

JVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 12:46 PM
Maverick41

I am currently watching Berlin vs. Hannover and so far it has been interesting and fun to watch, compared to some of the other games I have seen this season, but overall it has been better than last season.

I am wondering if I am just lucky that I have picked better games to watch or if the level of play in regard of speed and intensity really has improved a little bit.

Old
10-29-2011, 08:47 AM
JVR
HeadHitsAreNotIllega

I couldn't tell you since the only game I have been watching was that eurosport game...

JVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 09:44 AM
PensFan101
Forever Champions.

Seems like an interesting DEL season so far, haven't really kept up with the DEL/DEB talks since the off-season but I can only assume nothing has changed, what a shame really.

Also, kind of sad that the top 9 scorers in the DEL are Canadians...

PensFan101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 04:39 PM
GermanNuck

apparently the leafs are interested in two germans:

http://www.morgenweb.de/nachrichten/...002462716.html

any guesses?

GermanNuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 07:48 AM
Fennek

Martin Buchweiser is one of them. He took part in the camp too, so if he is doing well in the season i could see him overseas next year.

Its amazing how close the league is this season. Its just 5 points from 5 to 12 place.
And meanwhile 5 of the top 9 scorer are german, so there is no problem with german hockey

Fennek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 09:19 AM
Maverick41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fennek View Post
Martin Buchweiser is one of them. He took part in the camp too, so if he is doing well in the season i could see him overseas next year.

Its amazing how close the league is this season. Its just 5 points from 5 to 12 place.
And meanwhile 5 of the top 9 scorer are german, so there is no problem with german hockey
I wouldn't say there is "no" problem with German hockey, but there has been some improvement so the problem is a little smaller.

But we still have miles to go.

I like that more teams are trying to develop homegrown talent but the bulk of the top line players still seem to be North Americans.

Old
11-28-2011, 03:11 PM
Fennek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick41 View Post
[...]
But we still have miles to go.
[...]
Thats right. But compared to the beginning of the DEL in 1994 german players are much more important. One reason is obviously the limit of foreign players but i would say the average quality of german players has grown.

And hopefully the DEL/DEB sign the Kooperationsvertrag in the near future...

Old
12-29-2011, 04:46 AM
Sanderson

Time for a little update, things have been awfully quiet here

Things DO change a lot over time. Up until this season, Hamburg always had a problem with Germans. Either they didn't have any good ones, or they simply didn't perform well enough. Now it's the complete opposite. They have quite a few young Germans, and they are carrying the team while the foreigners fail (partially).

Wolf-Festerling-Flaake has been excellent throughout the season. Nominally the 4th line at the beginning of the season, they have been the only consistant scoring-line. You want to beat the Freezers, you have to shut-down this line. Lately Oppenheimer has brought some offense as well.

If you look at the foreigners, there are way too many who don't get it done. On offense, Aubin has looked good, Collins had a good start but completely fell off after a few minor injuries. Murphy and Engelhardt don't look like themselves, and Murphy is now out for another three months. Brooks disappears for long stretches and Jensen has about one or two good games per month. These guys were supposed to carry the team, yet only Aubin actually fills that criteria.

All in all, the team has exceded expectations so far, but if they want to keep it up, with way more away-games than home-games on the remaining schedule, you can't have Aubin, Curry, Cook and Nielsen be the only foreigners who perform well.

Sanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 03:02 PM
Fennek

Sven Felski with a dirty elbow to the head against Mannheim:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VFqSpuvpmM

Should get a longer suspension for that. What would Shanahan say?

Old
03-15-2012, 11:29 PM
Mathletic

Do you think Jonas Langmann and Niklas Treutle have a shot at the NHL down the road? Not a whole lot of experience in the DEL yet, but some good results.

Mathletic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 06:49 PM
sturmthis
@Zen_44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathletic View Post
Do you think Jonas Langmann and Niklas Treutle have a shot at the NHL down the road? Not a whole lot of experience in the DEL yet, but some good results.
Langmann - no
Treutle - unlikely

sturmthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 10:04 PM
sturmthis
@Zen_44

Adler Mannheim meets Ingolstadt in the semi-finals

DEL Semi-Finals
(4) Adler Mannheim will play (2) ERC Ingolstadt
(1) Eisbären Berlin will play (6) Straubing Tigers

sturmthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 10:32 AM
Purple hippo

I know this isnt exactly the DEL but it sort of has to deal (possibly) with the league next year so hopefully somebody could help me out...

I have read Landshut is interested in promotion, with the new agreement between DEL and is it ESBG?, if Landshut wins 2.Bundesliga are they still allowed to file report to move up? I been trying to find the answer but English wiki page says they can, German wiki page dosnt make it sound like they can (atleast with my German skills and the help of google.)

Also, if anybody does drop out of the league this year, Schwenningen is able to promote since they filed paperwork?

Thanks to anybody who can help me out.

Purple hippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 10:43 AM
Maverick41

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvenskaRiga View Post
I know this isnt exactly the DEL but it sort of has to deal (possibly) with the league next year so hopefully somebody could help me out...

I have read Landshut is interested in promotion, with the new agreement between DEL and is it ESBG?, if Landshut wins 2.Bundesliga are they still allowed to file report to move up? I been trying to find the answer but English wiki page says they can, German wiki page dosnt make it sound like they can (atleast with my German skills and the help of google.)

Also, if anybody does drop out of the league this year, Schwenningen is able to promote since they filed paperwork?

Thanks to anybody who can help me out.
I am not entirely sure, but from what I have heard, the only way that Landshut gets to play in the DEL next season, is if they take the spot of the Hannover Scorpions, who may not be able to afford to play another season in the DEL.

A promotion/relegation based on on winning the title in the 2.Bundesliga will definitely not happen. This probably doesn't answer your question, so hopefully somebody more knowledgable about the new agreement can help you out.

Old
04-06-2012, 12:26 PM
zecke26

as far as i remember, the winner of 2nd-tier gets a first look from DEL if one of the DEL teams struggles financially and gets kicked (like kassel and frankfurt). if the champion meets the famous 9000+ plan, he gets the license. if not, the runner-up can try his luck.

but if no team drops out of the DEL with bankruptcy, the only way to get in is buying a licence, for example the one of the scorpions.

rumors have landshut and schwenningen in talks with hannover boss papenburg.

zecke26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 01:33 PM
Purple hippo

Damn, for some reason I thought Ravensburg applied to join DEL after they won but were denied because they didnt meet requirements. Ohh well, guess I will have to hope Landshut is able to get up either through Hannover or if somebody else falls out.

Thanks to both of you.

Purple hippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 01:39 PM
zecke26

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvenskaRiga View Post
Damn, for some reason I thought Ravensburg applied to join DEL after they won but were denied because they didnt meet requirements.
well yes, they didn't meet requirements. but even if, they would have been denied because of no other team dropping out. welcome to german hockey.

zecke26 is offline   Reply With Quote