HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

The Negativity-**Only** Thread (A Place to go to vent)

Closed Thread

Old
04-04-2012, 11:56 PM
BourqueBourqueBork

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
I hope the team is more mentally tough than you guys. Geez.

Sucks Detroit won but there still is hockey to be played. I dislike Bertuzzi with every bone in my body but man he has a sick backhand. He pulls it forehand backhand and snaps it under the bar before you can even comprehend what is going on.
Agreed. When I saw Bertuzzi was first, I knew it was over.

That said...another SO win doesn't do anything for the Wings in the tiebreaker...so if we gain one more point than the Wings (2 games left), we get home ice.

Of course, this being the negativity thread, I guess it should be pointed out that we have no one to blame but ourselves for not controlling our own destiny at this point. A win or OTL/SOL against Chicago the other night and we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Old
04-05-2012, 07:45 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

At this point, if we don't get 4th I want 6th. PHX has a good chance of making that 3rd spot (since San Jose and Los Angels will be beating each other up for two games) and I would feel better playing PHX than Detroit or Chicago in the first round.

If we do not have home ice and do not play PHX, I do not feel confident about our chances in the first round with the way the team has been playing lately. Sure flame away, but that is truth and sometimes it hurts. We haven't been playing good hockey for a little over week, kind of inexcusable with so much on the line.

Hopefully we get whatever wrinkles we have out of our system tonight.

Old
04-05-2012, 09:37 AM
VFL615*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
At this point, if we don't get 4th I want 6th. PHX has a good chance of making that 3rd spot (since San Jose and Los Angels will be beating each other up for two games) and I would feel better playing PHX than Detroit or Chicago in the first round.

If we do not have home ice and do not play PHX, I do not feel confident about our chances in the first round with the way the team has been playing lately. Sure flame away, but that is truth and sometimes it hurts. We haven't been playing good hockey for a little over week, kind of inexcusable with so much on the line.

Hopefully we get whatever wrinkles we have out of our system tonight.
Preds have not been playing good hockey for a lot longer than just a little over a week. Losing games to the Hurricanes and Oilers after the allstar break which we had no business losing has really got the team in a fight this week.

Being scared of Detroit or Chicago is never going to get the Preds anywhere. Either they are going to man up and take care of business with whoever is on the ice or we are going to be the same ole middle of the pack playoff team another year.

Old
04-05-2012, 09:37 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville View Post
Wings came back tonight to re-claim Home Ice we are so screwed!! Wings in 6 again
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey diva View Post
It's either that or fall to 6th and get bounced by the Pacific division survivor.

Sigh. We dug our own hole with some poor outings after the ASG. Once again, we come up short.
What was that *****ing all about? We have home ice again with 1 game left.

Old
04-05-2012, 09:49 PM
NoNecksCurse

my negatives for the night....

1) we don't look ready for the playoffs

2) having more trouble scoring then id like

3) we didn't win the division..

however, loving the fact we control whether we have home ice with 1 game left.. thats what you play for. now to decide whether we want CHI or DET

Old
04-05-2012, 09:51 PM
BourqueBourqueBork

We need a single point to lock up 4th.

But let's get two and rub it in.

Old
04-06-2012, 01:54 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

I'm still undecided on whether I want Detroit or Chicago. Both will score goals. I'm still worried about Detroit's ability to really crank it up come playoff time, but they struggled on the road and that's a fact. However I'm more worried about Howard in net than Crawford. No idea which I was "prefer" if I had to pick one.

Old
04-06-2012, 01:57 PM
headsigh
leave at once!

Go with Chicago, get revenge for 2010.

Old
04-06-2012, 02:15 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Part of me wants to beat Detroit because people like to rip that we've never beaten them in a series......but we've been 8th both times. This year we're primed for the playoffs and I think we could do it.

Old
04-06-2012, 02:30 PM
JohniusMaximus
Digging the Sarchasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
Part of me wants to beat Detroit because people like to rip that we've never beaten them in a series......but we've been 8th both times. This year we're primed for the playoffs and I think we could do it.
That's where I'm at. Pure vengeance mode against the arch enemy.

Also, was that you I met last night with Derek? Two hockey loving Drakes seemed to be a stretch of a coincidence.

Old
04-06-2012, 02:30 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

If we play Detroit in the play offs and win does the attitude of the typical Wings fan go from "Predators? I barely notice them" to "Preds? I hate that team with a passion"?

Old
04-06-2012, 02:33 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohniusMaximus View Post
That's where I'm at. Pure vengeance mode against the arch enemy.

Also, was that you I met last night with Derek? Two hockey loving Drakes seemed to be a stretch of a coincidence.
Yeah that was me haha no such coincidence.

Old
04-06-2012, 02:39 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Hockey loving Drake?

Old
04-06-2012, 02:48 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post

Hockey loving Drake?

Old
04-06-2012, 04:23 PM
lstcyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by transcend View Post
Go with Chicago, get revenge for 2010.
Heck, forget that. I want our road to the SCF to be series wins over Detroit, Chicago and St. Louis. It can be done.

Old
04-09-2012, 09:39 PM
hockey diva

Folks may object to me pushing this thread back up but I wanted to post in a thread that the happy people won't.

I want to believe we can beat the Wings. I really do. But I have that same sinking feeling I have had for several years now. We will put up a good fight and lose anyway. We have had chances to step up and show we belong at the adult table. Most of the time we have fallen on our faces.

Our passes will be picked off and end up in the back of our net. Our turnovers will keep us penned in our own end for too long. Our #1 ranked PP will go south. Our leaders will falter and fail to lead. (except for Fisher, he is a warrior). Pekka will give up a softie over the shoulder and the floodgates will open. And those smug RW fans will rub it in our faces all summer.

I want to believe but just can't.

Old
04-09-2012, 09:45 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Folks may object to me pushing this thread back up but I wanted to post in a thread that the happy people won't.

I want to believe we can beat the Wings. I really do. But I have that same sinking feeling I have had for several years now. We will put up a good fight and lose anyway. We have had chances to step up and show we belong at the adult table. Most of the time we have fallen on our faces.

Our passes will be picked off and end up in the back of our net. Our turnovers will keep us penned in our own end for too long. Our #1 ranked PP will go south. Our leaders will falter and fail to lead. (except for Fisher, he is a warrior). Pekka will give up a softie over the shoulder and the floodgates will open. And those smug RW fans will rub it in our faces all summer.

Just prepare to go jersey shopping.

Old
04-09-2012, 09:51 PM
hockey diva

Oh I am but are you?

Old
04-09-2012, 09:52 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Only negativity I'm bringing to this thread is that I'm so far away.

Old
04-09-2012, 09:53 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Oh I am but are you?
I'm always jersey shopping. I have to decide between bidding on a 09-10 Calder Cup finals jersey or a Hartnell jersey from his days in juniors. 2 Preds wins and the series goes six games .... just 2.

Old
04-09-2012, 10:36 PM
hockey diva

I am aware of this.

Old
04-09-2012, 11:43 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:

I used to read your posts and think you were just depressed. Now I think you might be doing this all on purpose. Maybe some sort of reverse psychology effect? Either way it's now comical how anyone could be disappointed. You deserve a free clown bet award and I hope someone dresses you up.

Old
04-10-2012, 10:14 PM
hockey diva

Glad to be a source of amusement.

I want results not a "good job". Until I see those results, I won't be satisfied.

Old
04-11-2012, 10:40 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Weber was an idiot at the end of the game.

I am one game away from winning a jersey though.

Yin ... Yang

Old
04-11-2012, 10:41 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Suter and Weber

Closed Thread