HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal Impact - 2012 MLS Entry Season Thread 4.0

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-06-2012, 10:53 AM
  #51
Tribu
Registered User
 
Tribu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 453
vCash: 500
Nigerian Striker John Owoeri on tryout with IMFC
http://www.rds.ca/impact/chroniques/338166.html

Tribu is offline  
Old
04-06-2012, 11:09 AM
  #52
Captain Saku
Registered User
 
Captain Saku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 10,801
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parasoad View Post
Nigerian Striker John Owoeri on tryout with IMFC
http://www.rds.ca/impact/chroniques/338166.html
What's his tracking record?

Captain Saku is offline  
Old
04-06-2012, 11:11 AM
  #53
pine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,117
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
What's his tracking record?
He was on trial for Chivas USA during preseason and subsequently got cut.

pine is online now  
Old
04-06-2012, 11:17 AM
  #54
pezcore
Registered User
 
pezcore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: St-Hubert, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 271
vCash: 500
Overall I think defenseman lose their value when it comes draft time. I understand that they might be the BPA but if you look at the recent drafts, guys like Fowler in Beaulieu were deemed as top 10 materials no question asked and they both where overlooked by many team who would have rather a shot at a possible 2nd line player than a top 4 d.

I understand that Edmonton badly need a defenseman, but they take time to develop and usually a couple of years away from making it in the NHL. They might want to take a shot a Suter or other UFAs and draft Grigs or another foward.

pezcore is offline  
Old
04-06-2012, 11:18 AM
  #55
gunners14henry
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 1,046
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pezcore View Post
Overall I think defenseman lose their value when it comes draft time. I understand that they might be the BPA but if you look at the recent drafts, guys like Fowler in Beaulieu were deemed as top 10 materials no question asked and they both where overlooked by many team who would have rather a shot at a possible 2nd line player than a top 4 d.

I understand that Edmonton badly need a defenseman, but they take time to develop and usually a couple of years away from making it in the NHL. They might want to take a shot a Suter or other UFAs and draft Grigs or another foward.
I think you're in the wrong thread lol

gunners14henry is offline  
Old
04-06-2012, 11:20 AM
  #56
pezcore
Registered User
 
pezcore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: St-Hubert, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 271
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunners14henry View Post
I think you're in the wrong thread lol
My bad, Im so used to seeing the Draft thread on top of the boards

pezcore is offline  
Old
04-06-2012, 12:37 PM
  #57
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,650
vCash: 500
http://football-italia.net/17455/mut...ontreal-impact

Please let this be true.

Mutu can be a trainwreck in his personal life but he is insanely talented. As a Fiorentina fan I'd immediately get a Mutu Impact jersey.

If focused, he'd be probably the best forward in MLS. He has more left in the tank thank say, Henry, and is a better creator while still being a good scorer. At worst he can't control his personal life and makes for a hilarious story.

Edit: Just realized it was discussed already, sorry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
Yikrd, I hope not. Mutu is talented but he has a dark past. He's been banned twice for doping. I'm not sure what kind of message Saputo would give to the fans if he signs a guy like him. Even on the pitch he's regressed a lot in the past 2 years. Having a DP is nice but not Mutu please.
"Banned twice for doping" isn't entirely true to be fair. He was banned for failing a drug test twice; The first time was not doping but coke. Not that it makes it any better but it was a personal issue. The second time was pure stupidity, he was taking an over the counter weight loss medicine without checking what was inside it.

Mutu is a bit of an idiot, yes. He's also still more talented than 90% of MLS, and if anything might be better off in an environment where he won't be racially abused for being Romanian like he is in Italy.


Last edited by Et le But: 04-06-2012 at 12:47 PM.
Et le But is offline  
Old
04-06-2012, 12:56 PM
  #58
Captain Saku
Registered User
 
Captain Saku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 10,801
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
http://football-italia.net/17455/mut...ontreal-impact

Please let this be true.

Mutu can be a trainwreck in his personal life but he is insanely talented. As a Fiorentina fan I'd immediately get a Mutu Impact jersey.

If focused, he'd be probably the best forward in MLS. He has more left in the tank thank say, Henry, and is a better creator while still being a good scorer. At worst he can't control his personal life and makes for a hilarious story.

Edit: Just realized it was discussed already, sorry.


"Banned twice for doping" isn't entirely true to be fair. He was banned for failing a drug test twice; The first time was not doping but coke. Not that it makes it any better but it was a personal issue. The second time was pure stupidity, he was taking an over the counter weight loss medicine without checking what was inside it.

Mutu is a bit of an idiot, yes. He's also still more talented than 90% of MLS, and if anything might be better off in an environment where he won't be racially abused for being Romanian like he is in Italy.
I hope he proves me wrong if this rumor turns out to be true. I dont hate Mutu, I'm a Juve fan and was very excited when we acquired him but he disappointed me wherever he went. He was supposed to be the next Hagi in Romania, he failed because of his stupid acts outside the field.

Captain Saku is offline  
Old
04-06-2012, 01:04 PM
  #59
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg
 
LaurentHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,634
vCash: 500
Does anyone have the dates of Mutu's two bans? I read that now he has two children.. So if that was prior to having Children, I'm sure as a father he is a different person now.

Also, Looks like Bernier won't be starting tomorrow. Leduc tweeted that Bernier said he wouldn't speak to journalists today

Quote:
Bernier golden goal pour mettre fin à la pratique. Pourtant, impression que le gros des partants est déjà au repos sur la touche #IMFC
Quote:
Aujourd'hui, repos quasi complet pour Mapp, Arnaud, Ferrari, Felipe, Braun... Mais demain?
Quote:
Sur le dernier XI, petite mise en garde. On a 3 groupes distincts ce matin... Mais les oranges ont l'air des partants.

LaurentHabs is offline  
Old
04-06-2012, 01:06 PM
  #60
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,650
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
I hope he proves me wrong if this rumor turns out to be true. I dont hate Mutu, I'm a Juve fan and was very excited when we acquired him but he disappointed me wherever he went. He was supposed to be the next Hagi in Romania, he failed because of his stupid acts outside the field.
A Juve fan? The enemy.

Seriously though, with Fiorentina he was the type of player who was downright dominant when things were going right. I was glad when we got rid of him because his antics were making him a liability but we still haven't been the same without him. Jovetic is a bit too injury prone and isn't quite the scorer, at least not yet, but he still could end up being better.

Mutu wasn't out of control in Firenze, most of his issues have come from idiots picking fights with him, usually racists. He has poor self-control and while there is a concern about Montreal's distractions, he won't be called a gypsy randomly at restaurants and the like, plus he will be separated from his shady friends in Romania.

If you can make Mutu happy (the money goes a long way, part of his decline at Fiorentina was directly related to his legal bills and how much of a distraction that was - I suspect that had a big part in him taking some Romanian diet pills out of desperation without checking them) he can still be productive. He has the skill to outright dominate MLS, unlike some of the other names mentioned he doesn't need midfield support as much as others do.


Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
Does anyone have the dates of Mutu's two bans? I read that now he has two children.. So if that was prior to having Children, I'm sure as a father he is a different person now.
Mutu's ban for cocaine was in 2004. At the time his current marriage was falling apart and he was living in excess. He's matured significantly after that, and while he still is impulsive and prone to stupid things, since getting remarried and having 2 daughters he doesn't party like that anymore. He will still do stupid things like go out with friends before international duties but it's really just stupidity, he's just run out of chances.

The second ban was in 2010 and was the result of desperately trying to recover from an injury because he was playing for a new contract after Chelsea sued him for the previous ban's contract breach. It doesn't really say anything about his character..his intelligence maybe, but his story (over the counter romanian diet pills) checked out, if it wasn't for his history he would have probably been pardoned.


Last edited by Et le But: 04-06-2012 at 01:15 PM.
Et le But is offline  
Old
04-06-2012, 01:08 PM
  #61
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg
 
LaurentHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,634
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
A Juve fan? The enemy.

Seriously though, with Fiorentina he was the type of player who was downright dominant when things were going right. I was glad when we got rid of him because his antics were making him a liability but we still haven't been the same without him. Jovetic is a bit too injury prone and isn't quite the scorer, at least not yet, but he still could end up being better.

Mutu wasn't out of control in Firenze, most of his issues have come from idiots picking fights with him, usually racists. He has poor self-control and while there is a concern about Montreal's distractions, he won't be called a gypsy randomly at restaurants and the like, plus he will be separated from his shady friends in Romania.

If you can make Mutu happy (the money goes a long way, part of his decline at Fiorentina was directly related to his legal bills and how much of a distraction that was - I suspect that had a big part in him taking some Romanian diet pills out of desperation without checking them) he can still be productive. He has the skill to outright dominate MLS, unlike some of the other names mentioned he doesn't need midfield support as much as others do.



That just makes me want him that much more. Especially since you seem to know him well.. Thats something Montreal needs, someone that can stretch the Back four and make them back off opening holes for himself & his teamates.

Plus he wears #10 and Nobody in Montreal has it

LaurentHabs is offline  
Old
04-06-2012, 01:09 PM
  #62
MontrealYul
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 212
vCash: 500
Pictures from the stadium taken today by penz from impactsoccer.com:

http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y93...view=slideshow

MontrealYul is offline  
Old
04-06-2012, 01:19 PM
  #63
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg
 
LaurentHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,634
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontrealYul View Post
Pictures from the stadium taken today by penz from impactsoccer.com:

http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y93...view=slideshow
Sick! Thanks..

It really doesn't look anything like what it is suppose to look like. Lotsa work to be done!

This is how its suppose to look like http://montrealimpact.io-media.com/fr/index.html
(Click on a section to go inside and get a first person view)

Any idea if the roof will get completly covered? I suppose so, Just wondering XD

LaurentHabs is offline  
Old
04-06-2012, 01:19 PM
  #64
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,650
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
[/B]

That just makes me want him that much more. Especially since you seem to know him well.. Thats something Montreal needs, someone that can stretch the Back four and make them back off opening holes for himself & his teamates.

Plus he wears #10 and Nobody in Montreal has it
Don't get me wrong, it's still a gamble - he's injury prone and has terrible discipline, but it's one I think is worth taking. At Fiorentina he was not nearly the monster the media portrayed him as. This is probably his best chance to pay off his legal debts and if he can stay focused for even a little bit he can dominate MLS.

Et le But is offline  
Old
04-06-2012, 01:21 PM
  #65
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg
 
LaurentHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,634
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Don't get me wrong, it's still a gamble - he's injury prone and has terrible discipline, but it's one I think is worth taking. At Fiorentina he was not nearly the monster the media portrayed him as. This is probably his best chance to pay off his legal debts and if he can stay focused for even a little bit he can dominate MLS.
Alright Thanks! I suppose worse case scenario would be off-feild problems since the level of play will be significantly lower than it is in Serie A so on-pitch shoulden't be a problem (Unless he has problems with his teamates or injuries)

But Saputo & NDS Made it clear they would find a team player, so I'll trust them on that

LaurentHabs is offline  
Old
04-06-2012, 01:26 PM
  #66
Captain Saku
Registered User
 
Captain Saku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 10,801
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
[/B]

That just makes me want him that much more. Especially since you seem to know him well.. Thats something Montreal needs, someone that can stretch the Back four and make them back off opening holes for himself & his teamates.

Plus he wears #10 and Nobody in Montreal has it
Ya but between him and Di Vaio I'd choose Di Vaio 100 times before. Di Vaio can create his own chances too.

Captain Saku is offline  
Old
04-06-2012, 01:27 PM
  #67
MontrealYul
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 212
vCash: 500
Well, if the Impact signs Adrian Mutu, the only negative side is that we won't be able to play with him in FIFA games because he has been banned from FifPro due to drug abuse.

Wiki:
Since his failed drugs test in 2004, Mutu has been excluded from FIFPro and his name is therefore not licensed for use in the series of FIFA games. He can be accessed under the name Andrei Murgu.

MontrealYul is offline  
Old
04-06-2012, 01:27 PM
  #68
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,650
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
Alright Thanks! I suppose worse case scenario would be off-feild problems since the level of play will be significantly lower than it is in Serie A so on-pitch shoulden't be a problem (Unless he has problems with his teamates or injuries)

But Saputo & NDS Made it clear they would find a team player, so I'll trust them on that
That's why I trust them; Mutu was a model redemption story at Fiorentina when the owners cared and the club was among the best run in Italy. It's when the owners started cutting costs and fighting with the fans that thing went poorly. On a close team he's less likely to find dumb ways to distract himself.

I'm more worried about his injury record than anything else, but other players who looked like they were falling apart like Henry and JP Angel were able to put themselves together in MLS, also Trezeguet has had a similar success story in Argentina.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
Ya but between him and Di Vaio I'd choose Di Vaio 100 times before. Di Vaio can create his own chances too.
Di Vaio is older and less talented, for me it would be close.

Et le But is offline  
Old
04-06-2012, 01:31 PM
  #69
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg
 
LaurentHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,634
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
That's why I trust them; Mutu was a model redemption story at Fiorentina when the owners cared and the club was among the best run in Italy. It's when the owners started cutting costs and fighting with the fans that thing went poorly. On a close team he's less likely to find dumb ways to distract himself.

I'm more worried about his injury record than anything else, but other players who looked like they were falling apart like Henry and JP Angel were able to put themselves together in MLS, also Trezeguet has had a similar success story in Argentina.
Well I don't think the Injury will be a problem... Maybe someone can confirm this for me, but its a 500,000$ Anual Salary to start with alongside a 50,000$ per game played. So if his injuries catch up to him, its not as if Saputo just threw money out of the window. It's 500,000$ Yes, But its better than losing 4,5 Million (That would be if he played the maximum games according to the articles) if they decided not to put the XX,XXX$ Per game bonus/whatever you wana call it

In that sense, if those rumors of the contract details are true, It's a smart way of putting the contract together. And I suppose they did the same with Rivas & Ferrari, Low Anual Salarys for them not to be DP's, but a big amount of $ per game played... Thats if the contract bonuses, or whatever you want to call those extra $ per game don't count in the cap.


Real good video for those who don't know much about him. Gets interesting around the 3 minute mark. Don't know much about him, but gave me chills :p



Last edited by LaurentHabs: 04-06-2012 at 01:54 PM.
LaurentHabs is offline  
Old
04-06-2012, 02:25 PM
  #70
Erika
Registered User
 
Erika's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ville Lasalle
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,923
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
Well I don't think the Injury will be a problem... Maybe someone can confirm this for me, but its a 500,000$ Anual Salary to start with alongside a 50,000$ per game played. So if his injuries catch up to him, its not as if Saputo just threw money out of the window. It's 500,000$ Yes, But its better than losing 4,5 Million (That would be if he played the maximum games according to the articles) if they decided not to put the XX,XXX$ Per game bonus/whatever you wana call it

In that sense, if those rumors of the contract details are true, It's a smart way of putting the contract together. And I suppose they did the same with Rivas & Ferrari, Low Anual Salarys for them not to be DP's, but a big amount of $ per game played... Thats if the contract bonuses, or whatever you want to call those extra $ per game don't count in the cap.


Real good video for those who don't know much about him. Gets interesting around the 3 minute mark. Don't know much about him, but gave me chills :p



WOW !!

It gave me chills indeed !! Mutu would be an absolute star here in Montreal if he can get his soccer career back on track !! What a beautiful talented player !!

I'm sure Lucian Bute will be a good influence for him, both being Romanian idols.

Yep, I can definitely see it happening !!

Erika is offline  
Old
04-06-2012, 02:36 PM
  #71
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad
 
DekeLikeYouMeanIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: In space..with goats
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,312
vCash: 500
^^^ LOL he would be ruined in Montreal. Don't let the hormones get in the way of judgment. The truth is that he's been injured and has had a lot of problems ruining his body and was mentally weak.

Not a fan of that.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline  
Old
04-06-2012, 02:52 PM
  #72
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg
 
LaurentHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,634
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
^^^ LOL he would be ruined in Montreal. Don't let the hormones get in the way of judgment. The truth is that he's been injured and has had a lot of problems ruining his body and was mentally weak.

Not a fan of that.
Transfermarkt is one of the most accurate websites..
http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/mu...eler_5879.html

Last injury came near the end of 2010. Does anyone know if he has been significantly injured ever since? (Lets say a week + of inactivity).

I mean I know the MLS is physical, but Still, If he hasn't been injured in over a year, its good sign.

LaurentHabs is offline  
Old
04-06-2012, 03:02 PM
  #73
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad
 
DekeLikeYouMeanIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: In space..with goats
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,312
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
Transfermarkt is one of the most accurate websites..
http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/mu...eler_5879.html

Last injury came near the end of 2010. Does anyone know if he has been significantly injured ever since? (Lets say a week + of inactivity).

I mean I know the MLS is physical, but Still, If he hasn't been injured in over a year, its good sign.
That's the thing. And turf is a lot tougher on the body for players who are used to the "fluffy" surface. I mean don't get me wrong. He'd be the most talented player on the roster bar none, but I don't think he's the right 1st DP.

Took a look and he's signed for another year (Bosman/2013) with Cesena, Serie A.


Last edited by DekeLikeYouMeanIt: 04-06-2012 at 03:13 PM.
DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline  
Old
04-06-2012, 03:20 PM
  #74
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,650
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
That's the thing. And turf is a lot tougher on the body for players who are used to the "fluffy" surface. I mean don't get me wrong. He'd be the most talented player on the roster bar none, but I don't think he's the right 1st DP.

Took a look and he's signed for another year (Bosman/2013) with Cesena, Serie A.
Cesena actually plays on an artificial surface. A lot of the poorer Italian sides have been switching to turf to cut costs.

Cesena are all but guaranteed to be relegated this year, they will be looking to sell and Mutu will be looking for a pay day and good way to wind his career down.

Et le But is offline  
Old
04-06-2012, 03:32 PM
  #75
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg
 
LaurentHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,634
vCash: 500
Tiens tiens.. Look what I noticed lol...


LaurentHabs is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:16 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.