HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chris Neil goes down in Practice

Old
04-06-2012, 02:06 PM
ULoveMe

vCash: 500
Could this open up a spot for Zibby or JS? I know we will miss his physicality but It would be great to get some help on offense.

ULoveMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 02:11 PM
Topside

Smith's time to shine.

Topside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 02:14 PM
SixthSens
Global Moderator
RIP Kev

vCash: 605
Damn, hopefully it's nothing too bad and he's ready for the playoffs.

SixthSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 02:35 PM
Berserker*

We will definitely be lacking in physical play if he can't suit up against the Bruins. I wonder if they recall Dziurzynski or Zibanejad to compensate for the loss of the grit in the lineup.Hopefully Neil recovers soon.

Berserker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 02:44 PM
Bileur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
We will definitely be lacking in physical play if he can't suit up against the Bruins. I wonder if they recall Dziurzynski or Zibanejad to compensate for the loss of the grit in the lineup.Hopefully Neil recovers soon.
Its not just the grit.

Many of the guys in our bottom six, heck many of our forwards in general lose focus, lose track of the game plan, starting running around, or start playing too fancy.

The beauty of Neil is not only that he really picks the team up and energizes the team with his hits and physical play but he also almost always sticks to the game plan. He knows his role, stays calm and plays his game the way he is supposed to. When other guys like Smith, Daugavins, Butler etc.. start playing like morons, Neil goes out there, lays a few guys out and drives the net. It seems to settle the team down and help everyone get back to work.

I've been really impressed with the leadership role he's taken on with this young team and I really hope he'll be good to go for the playoffs.

I also really hope he can play for a few more years like Domi did.

Bileur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 02:47 PM
arglebargle

vCash: 1225
From the description it sounds like a separated shoulder and/or a concussion.

arglebargle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 02:49 PM
FightingIrish
Total Lak of Respek

vCash: 934
Of course.

Something always needs to happen. Just when I thought we were going into the playoffs with everyone healthy...

FightingIrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 02:52 PM
Hutz
Classless User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodwan553 View Post
Now Konopka will probably play.

Hopefully it's not serious.
Playing the Bruins, I'd imagine Konopka will be in game 1 regardless of Neil's status

Quote:
Originally Posted by arglebargle View Post
From the description it sounds like a separated shoulder and/or a concussion.
Let's not speculate wildly yet... we can't diagnose from a description, let's just hope for the best for Neil and the team.

Definitely a blow if Neil's not in, though.

Hutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 02:55 PM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutz View Post
Playing the Bruins, I'd imagine Konopka will be in game 1 regardless of Neil's status
Daugy was scratched last night so it will be him, and with Winchester coming back it brings an end to Konopka in a Sens uniform

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 03:00 PM
PatrickEaves
Karan S'Jet

Randomly flipping channels, the play was just shown on The Score.

He was going about half speed, missed his shot, and going by the net, his left foot caught on Bishop's pad, and he went head first into the end boards.

It was a fluke thing, and I'm not sure how he picked up speed after tripping.

PatrickEaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 03:02 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Call up Hoffman. Do it meow.

FolignoQuantumLeap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 03:11 PM
Berserker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
Call up Hoffman. Do it meow.
While Hoffman is definitely deserving of a call up, Dziurzynski fills the void created by the loss of Neil better. Actually the best option could be to sit Daugavavins and Klinkhammer and call up both Hoffman and Dziurzynski.

Old
04-06-2012, 03:13 PM
Berserker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bileur View Post
Its not just the grit.

Many of the guys in our bottom six, heck many of our forwards in general lose focus, lose track of the game plan, starting running around, or start playing too fancy.

The beauty of Neil is not only that he really picks the team up and energizes the team with his hits and physical play but he also almost always sticks to the game plan. He knows his role, stays calm and plays his game the way he is supposed to. When other guys like Smith, Daugavins, Butler etc.. start playing like morons, Neil goes out there, lays a few guys out and drives the net. It seems to settle the team down and help everyone get back to work.

I've been really impressed with the leadership role he's taken on with this young team and I really hope he'll be good to go for the playoffs.

I also really hope he can play for a few more years like Domi did.
Ya Neil has been a big part of the success of our team. The sens really need to add a few more players like him in the system. Sure there are some players with grit, but there aren't really any big hitters who can change the momentum of games through their physical play.

Old
04-06-2012, 03:18 PM
Hutz
Classless User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19sens11 View Post
Daugy was scratched last night so it will be him, and with Winchester coming back it brings an end to Konopka in a Sens uniform
Well, given our options, in a series with the Bruins, I'd put Konopka in. JOB, K-Daug, Butler, take your pick, but I'll take Konopka's toughness over any of them, at least in game 1... see how it goes from there.

Old
04-06-2012, 03:18 PM
PatrickEaves
Karan S'Jet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
While Hoffman is definitely deserving of a call up, Dziurzynski fills the void created by the loss of Neil better. Actually the best option could be to sit Daugavavins and Klinkhammer and call up both Hoffman and Dziurzynski.
I have no idea why so many people advocate Dziurzynski on these boards, unless it has to do with the fact they like his initials. How many of them have actually watched him play?

Sure he's a pretty big strong guy, but that's about it. I've watched quite a few games with Maindot, and there are tons of guys on Bingo that has impressed much more than Dziurzynski. The guy can hardly produce in the AHL, what makes people think he can do anything in the NHL at this point in time.

And before people talk about hitting people or playing physical. He has a hard time lining people up in the AHL, it's not going to get easier in the NHL. The only thing he's going to be doing is chasing people while they score on us in the NHL.

PatrickEaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 03:21 PM
DrEasy
Get well soon, BM!

vCash: 840
He had a whale of a game against Carolina, and I was just thinking how much a healthy Neil could impact our playoff chances...

DrEasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 03:25 PM
armani
Guy Likes

vCash: 50
****ing ********!

armani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 03:26 PM
thebigbea

hopefully he's ready.. else boston would just destroy the sens in the physical department..

thebigbea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 03:29 PM
Berserker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrePetersson View Post
I have no idea why so many people advocate Dziurzynski on these boards, unless it has to do with the fact they like his initials. How many of them have actually watched him play?

Sure he's a pretty big strong guy, but that's about it. I've watched quite a few games with Maindot, and there are tons of guys on Bingo that has impressed much more than Dziurzynski. The guy can hardly produce in the AHL, what makes people think he can do anything in the NHL at this point in time.

And before people talk about hitting people or playing physical. He has a hard time lining people up in the AHL, it's not going to get easier in the NHL. The only thing he's going to be doing is chasing people while they score on us in the NHL.
I have seen him play multiple times and IMO he has a lot of potential. He is pretty underrated by a large amount of the fanbase. He has also had a strong second half to the season and is deserving of a call up.

Old
04-06-2012, 03:32 PM
Gil Gunderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutz View Post
I wouldn't want him anywhere on the ice in an important game.

Gil Gunderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 03:33 PM
RedWhiteBlackGold

vCash: 50
http://senators.nhl.com/club/news.ht...pid=rss-brodie
Quote:
"Neiler's been great for us all year," said centre Jason Spezza. "He's a real impactful guy. He doesn't play a ton of minutes but when he does, his presence is felt on the ice. He can be intimidating to other teams' defencemen, finishes his checks and does a lot of things that are intangible that go a long way toward helping your hockey club.

"He definitely makes us a better team when he's playing well ... It looks like it's not too bad, so hopefully we're fortunate (and don't lose him from the lineup)."
So hopefully that last part is correct.

04-06-2012, 03:41 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Even if Neil is concussed and has a separated shoulder, he'll play game 1 of the playoffs. He's oldschool and just that type of guy.

FolignoQuantumLeap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 03:43 PM
Hutz
Classless User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodwan553 View Post
I wouldn't want him anywhere on the ice in an important game.
I honestly can't believe I'm the one defending Konopka... not a fan, wasn't huge on the signing, but at this point, I feel he'll keep the Bruins a little more honest than they might otherwise be, and again, i really don't see K-Daug, JOB, or Butler bringing vastly superior contributions.

Old
04-06-2012, 03:43 PM
True Story

Last edited by True Story: 05-04-2012 at 01:05 PM.
True Story is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 03:50 PM
Hutz
Classless User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nail2012 View Post
Video of the injury can be found here:

http://scoreottawa.wordpress.com/

As well as players reactions.

Doesn't look good to me.
2 things I noticed
1) Neil almost pulled off a pretty nice deke.
2) Funny Greening and Smith were helping him off since they're two of the guys who'll have to pick up a bit of his role if he's out.

Again, let's hope it's not serious.