HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Playoff Avatar Voting Thread! (Examples in post #1)

View Poll Results: Which avatar should we use this post-season?
Ancient Aliens 71 51.45%
#therightway 48 34.78%
Soft Team 3 2.17%
Broadway Hat 8 5.80%
Lucky Team 3 2.17%
Bad Team 5 3.62%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
04-05-2012, 06:44 PM
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
It's not an awful idea, but I am reluctant to do another Torts centered theme because we did 'Torts kind of guy' last season.

No, Henrik is not God, Qvistian = Christian = Qvist = Christ. Henrik would be Jesus in Qvistianity. The commandments can be about anything really seeing as they are not about God at all, but rules God has set for man to follow.
I thought jesus was god in christianity. The whole trinity thing doesn't actually make sense anyway . I was thinking with the commandments in particular the callahan one. In that it's you will have no other gods before me, if hank is god here that would have to be about him, not cally. Maybe that's not important to some, but it bugged me a little.

With the torts idea, I just like any idea that comes from the team. And since the coach sets the tone for the team it's easiest to come up things for each guy on the team using the coach as the common factor. That's sort of why I didn't like th qvistian thing, it's the wrong guy as the common denominator. Hank is a player, he should be with the other players. Torts is the coach, he's supposed to be seperate from the players, he's only supposed to facilitate the players achievments.

Old
04-05-2012, 06:52 PM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
I thought jesus was god in christianity. The whole trinity thing doesn't actually make sense anyway . I was thinking with the commandments in particular the callahan one. In that it's you will have no other gods before me, if hank is god here that would have to be about him, not cally. Maybe that's not important to some, but it bugged me a little.

With the torts idea, I just like any idea that comes from the team. And since the coach sets the tone for the team it's easiest to come up things for each guy on the team using the coach as the common factor. That's sort of why I didn't like th qvistian thing, it's the wrong guy as the common denominator. Hank is a player, he should be with the other players. Torts is the coach, he's supposed to be seperate from the players, he's only supposed to facilitate the players achievments.
I agree with the second paragraph to an extent, some people here would argue however that Henrik is a big centerpiece and carries the team at times.

The other thing about the Qvistian thing is that it is more based around his name and the convenience of rhyming with 'Christian.' So you kinda have to go with him as the centerpiece for the theme.

04-05-2012, 06:57 PM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

vCash: 50
Aliens and Qvistians are both really good IMO either one i'm down for.

Old
04-05-2012, 06:58 PM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

or...

when Zucc gets back

Old
04-05-2012, 11:23 PM
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart

We should set up a 1v1 between a serious from the team theme and a funny unrelated theme (aliens). The vote was very much within the margin of error (51% for aliens), we should set up the clear choice and see how that goes. We've also had some more time to consider both, and I wouldn't be surprised if that's led people to change their votes. Perhaps the aliens is getting old, or maybe after witnessing the pens bs from tonight they now realize the playoffs are going to be tough and more appropriate for a serious team theme than some attempt at humor. Seeing all the pens and their stupid shirt off playoffs avatars has made more even more anti-humor for the playoffs theme. **** humor, **** every other team. I'd be currious to hear more opinions on the torts idea, but I think #therightway is worth reconsidering too. there's no reason not to reconsider it. if it still loses aliens will still win. it it wins, then people will have wanted it to win.

Old
04-05-2012, 11:53 PM
Satan
why did she go

Quickly made a simple avatar for bandwagoners.
If anybody has any ideas just run them my way.

Also, if any bandwagoners like myself would like one, just send a PM my way.

Old
04-06-2012, 08:29 AM
mti79

I like the aliens one (even if I don't get it fully), I like #therightway, and I like the Mayan one... I'm cool with all of them. Just need to find a way a good way to capitalize on whatever wins.

Old
04-06-2012, 01:42 PM
Machinehead
★★★★

A decision has to be made soon it's almost time!

Old
04-06-2012, 02:09 PM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Well other than KingWantsCup and Kel no one seems to have much interest in a revote, and even they do not agree on the terms of a revote.

At this point it seems the best idea will be to make another thread to start requests. I will post templates for all of my designs and if someone wants to use them to make themselves and others avatars, they are welcome to. DoTheBlue and I will be working on Ancient Aliens.

Old
04-06-2012, 02:10 PM
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Gary Oak View Post

Quickly made a simple avatar for bandwagoners.
If anybody has any ideas just run them my way.

Also, if any bandwagoners like myself would like one, just send a PM my way.
lol ofwgkta

Old
04-06-2012, 02:13 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Well other than KingWantsCup and Kel no one seems to have much interest in a revote, and even they do not agree on the terms of a revote.

At this point it seems the best idea will be to make another thread to start requests. I will post templates for all of my designs and if someone wants to use them to make themselves and others avatars, they are welcome to. DoTheBlue and I will be working on Ancient Aliens.
I'd be cool to do a revote. Have the options be anything that has a template currently and make it so that no more ideas can be thrown out. Have it run through Sunday or Monday and whoever wins is what we roll with. Game 1 should be Thursday so we'd have enough time to get avatars ready.

04-06-2012, 02:24 PM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
I'd be cool to do a revote. Have the options be anything that has a template currently and make it so that no more ideas can be thrown out. Have it run through Sunday or Monday and whoever wins is what we roll with. Game 1 should be Thursday so we'd have enough time to get avatars ready.
That was what I suggested to DTB but it seems the votes trickled in slowly over 4 days, however I would assume the weekend would be the most active. I will decide tonight once I am back from my girlfriend's house.

Old
04-06-2012, 02:38 PM
DoTheBlue
Off Season Blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post

A revote is not going to work. There's just not enough time for everyone to revote. Plus it's a holiday weekend so some people may not even be around.

This stuff should of been started the minute they clinched. Then it could have been hashed out over a period of weeks instead of days.

Just let everyone pick what they want. It's kind of against the whole idea, but, I can see reading thru the thread and looking at the votes that not everyone is on board with the same theme so why fight it. As popular as the zombie avatars were not everyone sported them. It's not like it's a big deal.

Get the templates ready so we can start popping these things out. Time's a wasting.

Waiting on Ailurophile to give the go word.

Old
04-06-2012, 02:40 PM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoTheBlue View Post

A revote is not going to work. There's just not enough time for everyone to revote. Plus it's a holiday weekend so some people may not even be around.

This stuff should of been started the minute they clinched. Then it could have been hashed out over a period of weeks instead of days.

Just let everyone pick what they want. It's kind of against the whole idea, but, I can see reading thru the thread and looking at the votes that not everyone is on board with the same theme so why fight it. As popular as the zombie avatars were not everyone sported them. It's not like it's a big deal.

Get the templates ready so we can start popping these things out. Time's a wasting.

Waiting on Ailurophile to give the go word.
When I get home.

Old
04-06-2012, 02:50 PM
EpicDing
The Fellowship

vCash: 2319
Ok, so if we're doing aliens, can I have "Sather did well with a free agent signing?" then the aliens pane.

With this picture:

Last edited by EpicDing: 04-06-2012 at 05:14 PM.
Old
04-06-2012, 04:39 PM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicDing View Post
Ok, so if we're doing aliens, can I have "Sather did well with a free agent signing?" then the aliens pane.

With this picture:
For the sake of organization there will be a new thread for requests with examples of the avatars available, and who is doing them.

Old
04-06-2012, 05:05 PM
Victory*
We're Still In It

Why a revote? Ancient Aliens is winning by a long shot.

Old
04-06-2012, 05:14 PM
EpicDing
The Fellowship

vCash: 2319
Quote:
For the sake of organization there will be a new thread for requests with examples of the avatars available, and who is doing them.
Ah. Should've realized that

Old
04-06-2012, 05:44 PM
DoTheBlue
Off Season Blues

Screw it. New Avatar idea. Something to do with the NHL, Pens pet Bettman, Pens, and torts and fines.

Old
04-06-2012, 08:52 PM
Ail
k.

This can be locked and unpinned at will, mods.

Closed Thread