HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Notices

5 Apr 2012 - BlackHox @ Wild - 7PM - FSN - Who's Excited for Baseball?!

Old
04-06-2012, 04:46 PM
se7en
infamous...

vCash: 500
Im not going to take the time to find it but it it's at least half true..

Im not sure about in the whole history of the NHL but is is at least true of the last 30 or so years.. No team has used so many call ups since the 1992 (might have been 1994) Boston Bruins who I believe used 52 players in that season..

So I dont know if that stat is the all time record OR if its just saying that no team SINCE the Bruins has used so many players. But either way, the amount of injuries & call-ups we went thru this year is monumental..

interesting tidbit, that Bruins team still managed to make the play-offs that year.

se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 04:59 PM
BuddyMcCormick

vCash: 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by se7en View Post
Im not going to take the time to find it but it it's at least half true..

Im not sure about in the whole history of the NHL but is is at least true of the last 30 or so years.. No team has used so many call ups since the 1992 (might have been 1994) Boston Bruins who I believe used 52 players in that season..

So I dont know if that stat is the all time record OR if its just saying that no team SINCE the Bruins has used so many players. But either way, the amount of injuries & call-ups we went thru this year is monumental..

interesting tidbit, that Bruins team still managed to make the play-offs that year.
To add to that, that Bruins team suited up that many players with a few trades. So that also increased the number is different layers suiting up for that team. I think it was like 7 players from trades. Don't quote me on that though.

BuddyMcCormick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 05:22 PM
se7en
infamous...

Oh nice! I didnt know that! But isnt that about what we would have as well (with Trades)? Kampfer, Gilbert, Veilleux, Foster, Palmieri & Christensen. Who am i forgetting?

se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 06:08 PM
State of Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by se7en View Post
A lot of that has to do with the management's philosophy. Most of our call-ups get a game or two before they're exchanged for another player who gets a game or two. I don't know of many teams that use their AHL team like that.

State of Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 06:11 PM
BuddyMcCormick

vCash: 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by State of Hockey View Post
A lot of that has to do with the management's philosophy. Most of our call-ups get a game or two before they're exchanged for another player who gets a game or two. I don't know of many teams that use their AHL team like that.
That's probably the smartest thing they can do, considering this year our AHL was pretty void of talent. Have guys come in play hard, send them down to keep them hungry.

BuddyMcCormick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 07:47 PM
State of Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyMcCormick View Post
That's probably the smartest thing they can do, considering this year our AHL was pretty void of talent. Have guys come in play hard, send them down to keep them hungry.
I'm not so sure of that. Players rarely got enough time to get a feel for the game. So in the end they largely did jack squat up here.

State of Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 10:53 PM
BBH
34|38|61|10|13

Send a message via Skype™ to BBH
Chicago Blackhawks Apology Letter

Dear Minnesota Wild franchise and fanbase,

On behalf of the Chicago Blackhawks organization and its fans, I express my deepest apologies for blowing our lead in Thursday's game, which you won in the shootout, 2-1. We all realized on the Chicago boards that this was a big game for both of us, sadly neither of our teams came up large.

I'm sure Joel Quenneville, Stan and Scotty Bowman, John McDonough and Rocky Wirtz are all beside themselves with sorrow for both your team and ours.

Respectfully yours,
A Depressed Fan.

BBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 10:59 PM
NHL1674
Whatever...

vCash: 97
Give us Sharp, and all will be forgiven. Actually, you still owe us for beating Dallas last year. You promised to beat Vancouver, and failed. So give us Kane too. That way Heatley can slash him on a daily basis.

NHL1674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 11:03 PM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

vCash: 50
Meh, no need to apologize IMO. I enjoy when the Wild win... EVERY TIME!

TaLoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 11:09 PM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaLoN View Post
Meh, no need to apologize IMO. I enjoy when the Wild win... EVERY TIME!
Pretty much.

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 11:31 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Sleep? What's that?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelugasandBHawks View Post
Dear Minnesota Wild franchise and fanbase,

On behalf of the Chicago Blackhawks organization and its fans, I express my deepest apologies for blowing our lead in Thursday's game, which you won in the shootout, 2-1. We all realized on the Chicago boards that this was a big game for both of us, sadly neither of our teams came up large.

I'm sure Joel Quenneville, Stan and Scotty Bowman, John McDonough and Rocky Wirtz are all beside themselves with sorrow for both your team and ours.

Respectfully yours,
A Depressed Fan.
'sok, you can pay us back for geting you into the playoffs last year some other time. I'm sure we can work something out.

Avder is offline   Reply With Quote