HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Ference vs Neal

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-05-2012, 09:23 PM
  #101
WTFMAN99
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,754
vCash: 500
Clear win by Neal and i'm not a huge fan of either team.

Plus all the people saying why doesn't Neal fight Chara or Lucic....if Macintyre was up why wouldn't Chara or Lucic fight him? Because it would be silly.

Bruins have a team where they will intimidate a lot of teams and if it came to a bench clearing brawl there team would likely come out on top. This just wasnt a fight where the B's got a win.

WTFMAN99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 09:33 PM
  #102
Rookie Chargers
Registered User
 
Rookie Chargers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Quebec
Country: Azores
Posts: 7,751
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Rookie Chargers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Parmesan View Post
A fight between James Neal and Andrew Ference causes a four page thread.
Like it was the biggest thing since....

I am a Bruins fan and simply think Ference got in a fight with a bigger guy and got handled a bit. He might have thought he was going to lose too.

To me that is being tough. A come back some might reply with is, no that is being stupid.

and that's all folks.....

Rookie Chargers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 10:00 PM
  #103
RyK15*
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,878
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie Chargers View Post
Like it was the biggest thing since....

I am a Bruins fan and simply think Ference got in a fight with a bigger guy and got handled a bit. He might have thought he was going to lose too.

To me that is being tough. A come back some might reply with is, no that is being stupid.

and that's all folks.....
Nah. I think Ference ACTUALLY believes he's a force to be reckoned with. It's adorable how he wants to be a big bad Bruin so bad, but he just is not. Lucic, McQuaid, and Thornton fit that mold, Ference does not. At all. No matter how bad Jack Edwards wants him to.

RyK15* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 10:47 PM
  #104
JMiller
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Watertown
Posts: 14,187
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryb View Post
Nah. I think Ference ACTUALLY believes he's a force to be reckoned with. It's adorable how he wants to be a big bad Bruin so bad, but he just is not. Lucic, McQuaid, and Thornton fit that mold, Ference does not. At all. No matter how bad Jack Edwards wants him to.
He has no illusions of being a heavyweight- but he will stand up when he needs to.

So funny seeing Neal work his way down the pecking order until he found someone 3-4 inches and 20 lbs smaller that he figured was more his size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFMAN99 View Post
Plus all the people saying why doesn't Neal fight Chara or Lucic....if Macintyre was up why wouldn't Chara or Lucic fight him? Because it would be silly.
MacIntyre doesn't belong in the NHL. Why would a norris caliber defenseman or a top line winger fight him? Chara already wasted his time going with Shelly earlier this year and it was silly. Neal is a big guy and no more important to his team than Chara or Lucic are to Boston.


Last edited by JMiller: 04-05-2012 at 10:54 PM.
JMiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 11:53 PM
  #105
Dellstrom
We Like Eich
 
Dellstrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 17,944
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryb View Post
Nah. I think Ference ACTUALLY believes he's a force to be reckoned with. It's adorable how he wants to be a big bad Bruin so bad, but he just is not. Lucic, McQuaid, and Thornton fit that mold, Ference does not. At all. No matter how bad Jack Edwards wants him to.
No, he sticks up for his teammates.

I don't care if he ends up with his face cracked in half every fight, whenever anything bad happens, he's the first to get in the scrum and drop the gloves against someone twice his size. He's not a big guy, but he doesn't take any ****. That's why he's such a valuable leader, and all that really matters is that you're making an effort to support and defend your friends. It has nothing to do with wanting to be tough.

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 11:58 PM
  #106
WTFMAN99
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,754
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMiller View Post
He has no illusions of being a heavyweight- but he will stand up when he needs to.

So funny seeing Neal work his way down the pecking order until he found someone 3-4 inches and 20 lbs smaller that he figured was more his size.



MacIntyre doesn't belong in the NHL. Why would a norris caliber defenseman or a top line winger fight him? Chara already wasted his time going with Shelly earlier this year and it was silly. Neal is a big guy and no more important to his team than Chara or Lucic are to Boston.
Why would Neal fight Lucic or Chara? Neal's a top line winger but thats where it ends, he can fight okay enough but in reality Chara and Lucic are just in a different class in terms of fighting ability.

WTFMAN99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 12:26 AM
  #107
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover
 
Zen Arcade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 14,541
vCash: 500
Since when were points awarded for a take down in a hockey fight? When someone goes for a take down or drags the guy down on top of them, they're usually either worn out or losing.

Zen Arcade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 07:22 AM
  #108
RyK15*
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,878
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucic View Post
No, he sticks up for his teammates.

I don't care if he ends up with his face cracked in half every fight, whenever anything bad happens, he's the first to get in the scrum and drop the gloves against someone twice his size. He's not a big guy, but he doesn't take any ****. That's why he's such a valuable leader, and all that really matters is that you're making an effort to support and defend your friends. It has nothing to do with wanting to be tough.
The guy is a stepping stone. So a Bruin gets cheapshotted and then he goes in and gets his butt kicked? Yea, message not received. That message is: You can cheapshot us, but we'll send a bad fighter after you in response. It would have sent a message if Lucic or McQuaid or even Boychuck fought Neal, but Ference? Uh uh. I don't think so. I'd cheapshot all day knowing that it would be Ference that I'd have to answer to.

RyK15* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 07:31 AM
  #109
JMiller
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Watertown
Posts: 14,187
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFMAN99 View Post
Why would Neal fight Lucic or Chara? Neal's a top line winger but thats where it ends, he can fight okay enough but in reality Chara and Lucic are just in a different class in terms of fighting ability.
Why get into a fight he might not win? You mean like ference taking on a guy a whole lot bigger? The answer is because sometimes it's worth to standing up for yourself or a teammate even if it means fighting a guy you might not beat.

JMiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 07:32 AM
  #110
The Kid
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 157
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryb View Post
The guy is a stepping stone. So a Bruin gets cheapshotted and then he goes in and gets his butt kicked? Yea, message not received. That message is: You can cheapshot us, but we'll send a bad fighter after you in response. It would have sent a message if Lucic or McQuaid or even Boychuck fought Neal, but Ference? Uh uh. I don't think so. I'd cheapshot all day knowing that it would be Ference that I'd have to answer to.
He wouldn't answer to Lucic, Chara, Thornton, McQuaid... he didn't even want to go with Ference. Ference always steps in, no matter what, if he feels someone crosses the line. We have the luxury of seeing replays and watching the entire surface of the ice from the coach, players don't. They see something, perceive it, and react.

The message is that our players (Bruins) will hold you accountable. Doesn't matter who is on the ice when it happens. That is a stronger message than 90% of the teams in this league can send. Other teams send out their "enforcer" to police the issue after the fact... our guys drop 'em no matter what and knuckle up. The outcome is not nearly as important as the action, the message, the "team". And if you think he is a stepping stone, Adam Burish's eye socket would like to speak with you. Not saying Burish is some heavyweight, but don't spout out like Ference cannot hold his own by calling him a stepping stone. Did Neal handle Ference, yup... but that only matters to internet tough guys that do not fully comprehend how the game is played.

Such an ignorant post all around. Our team holds players accountable immediately. No one was "sent out in response"... Ference responded immediately. That's Bruins hockey.

The Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 07:34 AM
  #111
JMiller
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Watertown
Posts: 14,187
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryb View Post
The guy is a stepping stone. So a Bruin gets cheapshotted and then he goes in and gets his butt kicked? Yea, message not received. That message is: You can cheapshot us, but we'll send a bad fighter after you in response. It would have sent a message if Lucic or McQuaid or even Boychuck fought Neal, but Ference? Uh uh. I don't think so. I'd cheapshot all day knowing that it would be Ference that I'd have to answer to.
Neal worked his way down the ladder pussing out all the way. If he declined ference, only Marchand is smaller which would have made him as tough as Subban who felt only Marchand was his weight class.

JMiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 08:40 AM
  #112
RyK15*
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,878
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
He wouldn't answer to Lucic, Chara, Thornton, McQuaid... he didn't even want to go with Ference. Ference always steps in, no matter what, if he feels someone crosses the line. We have the luxury of seeing replays and watching the entire surface of the ice from the coach, players don't. They see something, perceive it, and react.

The message is that our players (Bruins) will hold you accountable. Doesn't matter who is on the ice when it happens. That is a stronger message than 90% of the teams in this league can send. Other teams send out their "enforcer" to police the issue after the fact... our guys drop 'em no matter what and knuckle up. The outcome is not nearly as important as the action, the message, the "team". And if you think he is a stepping stone, Adam Burish's eye socket would like to speak with you. Not saying Burish is some heavyweight, but don't spout out like Ference cannot hold his own by calling him a stepping stone. Did Neal handle Ference, yup... but that only matters to internet tough guys that do not fully comprehend how the game is played.

Such an ignorant post all around. Our team holds players accountable immediately. No one was "sent out in response"... Ference responded immediately. That's Bruins hockey.
You're talking to me about tough hockey as if I wasn't a Flyers fan.

RyK15* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 08:42 AM
  #113
RyK15*
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,878
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMiller View Post
Neal worked his way down the ladder pussing out all the way. If he declined ference, only Marchand is smaller which would have made him as tough as Subban who felt only Marchand was his weight class.
I have no problem with Subban and Marchand fighting. They're both rats, they're the exact same class. As is Briere, before you call me a homer.

RyK15* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 10:14 AM
  #114
wej20
Registered User
 
wej20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Swansea,UK
Country: Wales
Posts: 21,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMiller View Post
He has no illusions of being a heavyweight- but he will stand up when he needs to.

So funny seeing Neal work his way down the pecking order until he found someone 3-4 inches and 20 lbs smaller that he figured was more his size.



MacIntyre doesn't belong in the NHL. Why would a norris caliber defenseman or a top line winger fight him? Chara already wasted his time going with Shelly earlier this year and it was silly. Neal is a big guy and no more important to his team than Chara or Lucic are to Boston.
Why should Neal fight Lucic or Chara? Lucic has 49 NHL fights which is 39 more career fights than Neal has (Neal's only had 5 NHL fights), Chara's 7 inches taller than Neal and 50 lbs heavier as well as having 68 more NHL fights than Neal. Neal didn't even want to fight Ference who should have got the instigator but still kicked his butt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMiller View Post
Neal worked his way down the ladder pussing out all the way. If he declined ference, only Marchand is smaller which would have made him as tough as Subban who felt only Marchand was his weight class.
Why did Neal have to fight anyone anyway? just because a guy asks you to fight doesn't mean you have to.

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 10:15 AM
  #115
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!
 
PatriceBergeronFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,441
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
Should have been an instigator...still made me laugh how the Bruins targeted Neal all night because he had the audacity to actually play Chara tough in the last game...it didn't exactly work to take him off his game and he sure as hell had no reason to fight Lucic.

Neal won the fight, Edwards' takedown comment was laughable (as is everything else he says), but it wasn't exactly a dominating fight by Neal, either. It was a pretty typical almost no punches landed fight from two guys that probably shouldn't drop the gloves too often.



Cool. Fighting is a part of Lucic's game...it isn't part of Neal's game. Neal had nothing to answer for and no reason to fight Lucic (or anyone who doesn't jump him).
Thank you for making my day more laughter-filled.

Neal is a little (or big?) punk who only will fight a guy much, much smaller than him. Great player for sure, but not the type of guy I'd want on a tough team like Bruins, Flyers, Blues, Ducks, etc.

PatriceBergeronFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 10:30 AM
  #116
wej20
Registered User
 
wej20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Swansea,UK
Country: Wales
Posts: 21,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanHortonFan View Post
Thank you for making my day more laughter-filled.

Neal is a little (or big?) punk who only will fight a guy much, much smaller than him. Great player for sure, but not the type of guy I'd want on a tough team like Bruins, Flyers, Blues, Ducks, etc.
But your happy to have Marchand who runs his mouth but will only fight softies like Matt Niskanen? If Seguin runs his mouth do you expect him to go with Engelland? (who only has an inch and 5 or lbs on him)

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 10:35 AM
  #117
DropIt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Red Deer, AB
Posts: 1,663
vCash: 500
Only thing funnier then the ass kicking Ference took is the Boston fans trying to say it was a draw

DropIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 10:57 AM
  #118
BlackNgold 84
Registered User
 
BlackNgold 84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Country: United States
Posts: 2,296
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryedog View Post
No doubt, I still hate how the term 'power forward is being handed out to just about any player like candy these days.
this.. all of it.. if i have to hear how ovechkin and malkin are power forwards i'm gonna puke.


Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
Why should Neal fight Lucic or Chara? Lucic has 49 NHL fights which is 39 more career fights than Neal has (Neal's only had 5 NHL fights), Chara's 7 inches taller than Neal and 50 lbs heavier as well as having 68 more NHL fights than Neal. Neal didn't even want to fight Ference who should have got the instigator but still kicked his butt.



Why did Neal have to fight anyone anyway? just because a guy asks you to fight doesn't mean you have to.
I don't know if you watched neal when he was with the stars but he's been getting under chara's skin for awhile now. This is just the last two games.. He started something with looch and looch wanted to fight and they were seperated but he was going around yapping. Even marchand would least throw a rabbit punch or do something or make body contact. Neal is a great player obviously and the argument for losing him for 5 minutes is a worthy argument. But he's been getting under peoples skin (which is ok) but at some point he should answer the bell.

BlackNgold 84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 11:10 AM
  #119
wej20
Registered User
 
wej20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Swansea,UK
Country: Wales
Posts: 21,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNgold 84 View Post
this.. all of it.. if i have to hear how ovechkin and malkin are power forwards i'm gonna puke.




I don't know if you watched neal when he was with the stars but he's been getting under chara's skin for awhile now. This is just the last two games.. He started something with looch and looch wanted to fight and they were seperated but he was going around yapping. Even marchand would least throw a rabbit punch or do something or make body contact. Neal is a great player obviously and the argument for losing him for 5 minutes is a worthy argument. But he's been getting under peoples skin (which is ok) but at some point he should answer the bell.
And he answered the bell to Ference (who instigated the whole thing). I don't understand the whole idea that just because you yap you have to fight, and just because you're a decent size like Neal that you have to fight Lucic who is in a completely different universe when it comes to pugilist skill. Marchand spends every game trying to get under other teams skin, does he have to fight Asham just because he's yapping?

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 02:57 PM
  #120
Saku11
Registered User
 
Saku11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,173
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNgold 84 View Post
But he's been getting under peoples skin (which is ok) but at some point he should answer the bell.
Why? That is just good old agitating. If Chara or Lucic is going to be mad at Neal for not fighting all the better. Theres no rule to be forced to fight. Lucic and Chara are probably going to take stupid penalties if they face each other in the playoffs. Thats advantage Penguins.

Saku11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 05:51 PM
  #121
laufer72
Ashburton Grove
 
laufer72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Croatia
Posts: 2,176
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNgold 84 View Post
this.. all of it.. if i have to hear how ovechkin and malkin are power forwards i'm gonna puke.




I don't know if you watched neal when he was with the stars but he's been getting under chara's skin for awhile now. This is just the last two games.. He started something with looch and looch wanted to fight and they were seperated but he was going around yapping. Even marchand would least throw a rabbit punch or do something or make body contact. Neal is a great player obviously and the argument for losing him for 5 minutes is a worthy argument. But he's been getting under peoples skin (which is ok) but at some point he should answer the bell.
Looch (my god what a stupid nick for that Serbian redneck), declined Engelland, so what's your point? Also, why is playing someone hard a problem only for Chara who is 6 freaking 9 but doesn't like to be hit?

laufer72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 05:56 PM
  #122
JMiller
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Watertown
Posts: 14,187
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post

Why did Neal have to fight anyone anyway? just because a guy asks you to fight doesn't mean you have to.
No you don't. You're absolutely right. You don't ever have to stand up for yourself or your teammates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
But your happy to have Marchand who runs his mouth but will only fight softies like Matt Niskanen?
Niskanen has 3 inches and 20 lbs on Marchand.

JMiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 06:16 PM
  #123
wej20
Registered User
 
wej20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Swansea,UK
Country: Wales
Posts: 21,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMiller View Post
No you don't. You're absolutely right. You don't ever have to stand up for yourself or your teammates.



Niskanen has 3 inches and 20 lbs on Marchand.
Neal hadn't done anything so I don't know why he'd need to stand up for himself or his teammates.
And Marchand has twice as many career fights.

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 07:04 PM
  #124
JMiller
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Watertown
Posts: 14,187
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
Neal hadn't done anything so I don't know why he'd need to stand up for himself or his teammates.
And Marchand has twice as many career fights.
Come on man- "twice as many career fights" what is that 3 maybe 4?

They're big boys they don't need you playing the concerned mother for em on the interwebs.

JMiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 01:10 PM
  #125
PJ StockBB
Registered User
 
PJ StockBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 2,489
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryb View Post
Hahahaha Jack Edwards has clearly brainwashed you. The only guys that Ference has beaten in the last 5 years are Scott Nichol and Adam Burish. Jeez, I need a minute to let all that toughness waft over me.
what did i say that wasn't true? i'm not claiming he is a great fighter, what i said was he is 5'10 and has fought bigger, tough guys and does pretty good. backes, moen, stewart, neal, hartnell.....all guys that have a significant size advantage on him. it's funny you brought up burish and nichol, those guys are actually his size and he got the advantage on both of them. not a coincidence in my opinion. he's a solid fighter.

the funniest thing about you posting is you have the phrase zac's got your back in your profile. really????? talk about a guy who is an absolutely brutal fighter and an even worse hockey player. the guy is useless, and he is a supposed fighter. just laughable

PJ StockBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:16 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.