HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Tortorella Fined $20,000 for Pittsburgh Comments

Old
04-06-2012, 07:13 PM
Badman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineice11 View Post
here's an idea....let's get every owner to agree the league would be better without pittsburgh, they all walk start their own league and the NHL only has pittsburgh...and we can get back to real honest hockey

...too far? have I crossed that line yet?
It would probably only take you a couple of days before you had found another team to project your conspiracy theories on.

Badman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 07:14 PM
StrongIslanders90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badman View Post
Martin got 4 games for sucker punching Talbot from behind, not steep at all.

And Gillies got nine, which was a joke.
Sorry I thought Martin got more. and he did not sucker punch him. He swung his arm around and Grabed him from behind and Talbot Turtled....

Gillies could have got a lifetime ban and I wouldnt have complained....

Still, The Isles got the worst of the Dicipline...

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 07:14 PM
bubba5

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Way of War View Post
It's not always like that. The Rangers won four straight at Consol before the 2-0 loss. In that game the Rangers had more PP's.

The Pens buy into their hype. They're cocky as they come because the majority of the team has been intact since 2008. The Pens think they're the 1980's Oilers. Yeah, maybe the Houston Oilers.

Bettman isnt an idiot. He knows the league is 10000000 times better off with the Rangers being an elite team and owning the spotlight than a team from the middle of nowhere with 400-pound 25-year-old girls making up the majority of their season ticket base.

Torts and the Rangers should just keep their mouths shut and beat them on the ice. They've done it before.

Jaro Halak did it by himself. I'm sure Henrik or Bryzgalov or Thomas can do it as well.
Actually it is , much more so in the playoffs. Regular season not as big. I have been seeing it since the late 80's. And actually Betman hates the Rangers and hates Dolan. He knows he does not need to "help out the Rangers" like other franchises as the rangers will never have attendance or money issues like ummm other teams. Why do you think he rigged the ping pong ball draft for Crosby because Pens where having serious money problems and trying to open a new arena.

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 07:15 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 View Post
Pens players were getting away with taking liberties on our players and nothing was being done about it. Cooke Ran our goalies every chance he got. Also in Toronto Tavares called out the Islanders after he was blindsided by Phenuef and no one stood up for him. The Isles were pretty much getting pushed around and thrown around like rag dolls and no one was doing anything. So in a players only meeting they decided that they were not going to be F***ed with anymore....

Also the DP knockdown had little to do with Fightnight. It was a one on one fight and DP got poped. Johnson even taped him on the chest in good sportsmanship. But that Little Rat Fleury and all his teamates were laughing and taking the Isles as a joke.

So then the next time the Pens and the Isles met the Pens cought themselves a Brooklyn Beatdown. As much as I loved the Fighting that Night, the Best thing was that we Droped 9 goals on them and Chased out 2 of thier goalies...

The Isles were fined 100K after Mario wrote a letter to Bettman saying he was going to sell the Pens and leave the NHL because he did not want to be a part of a game played like this.

Gillies got suspended 14 games(which he deserved)
Martin 10 games(thought that was steep)
\ and for the Pens Godard got 10 games for leaving the Bench.And the Interesting thing about that is when a player leaves the Bench the head Coach is also supposed to be suspended or Fined and Bylsma recieved Nothing.

The Pens either have great Luck when it comes to be Diciplined or the League(Bettman) really does side with them.
That game made me stand up and applaud emotionally. But Buttman is clearly siding with Pittsburgh... You notice no other team getting away with half the junk they get away with

Silence Of The Plams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 07:15 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
It would probably only take you a couple of days before you had found another team to project your conspiracy theories on.
HAHAH. Conspiracy theories! How great!

Even a minute few of your own fans can admit that the NHL has given your squad preferential treatment. Every other fan around the league of other teams already knows it.

Bird Law is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 07:16 PM
Badman

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 View Post
Sorry I thought Martin got more. and he did not sucker punch him. He swung his arm around and Grabed him from behind and Talbot Turtled....

Gillies could have got a lifetime ban and I wouldnt have complained....

Still, The Isles got the worst of the Dicipline...
Deservedly so.

Old
04-06-2012, 07:18 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba5 View Post
Actually it is , much more so in the playoffs. Regular season not as big. I have been seeing it since the late 80's. And actually Betman hates the Rangers and hates Dolan. He knows he does not need to "help out the Rangers" like other franchises as the rangers will never have attendance or money issues like ummm other teams. Why do you think he rigged the ping pong ball draft for Crosby because Pens where having serious money problems and trying to open a new arena.
"Helping out"... we don't need that. Dolan has enough money and we have so many followers and fans. It's true. Now Bettman is turning this into a circus.

Old
04-06-2012, 07:20 PM
RangerBlues

Quote:
Why wouldn't I understand their language? Even though english isn't my first language I feel I have a good enough grip on it to understand Millburys neanderthal musings.
Badman says: "neanderthal musings"

Watch yourself, I think Geico has the copyrights on that.
Rules are funny like that here.

RangerBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 07:21 PM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

Bettman has had a romantic notion about crosby & ovechkin ala Bird & Magic, for years now.

I'm surprised he hasn't manipulated Ovie into the western conference so those 2 could meet in the SC finals.

04-06-2012, 07:22 PM
Badman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
HAHAH. Conspiracy theories! How great!

Even a minute few of your own fans can admit that the NHL has given your squad preferential treatment. Every other fan around the league of other teams already knows it.
Which preferential treatment are we talking about. Cooke's 17 game suspension? Goddards 10 games?

I would have thought that with Uncle Gary on our side Steckel and Hedman would have gotten punished for touching Sid and injuring him, but it didn't happen (and rightly so). Could it be that the preferential treatment is all in your mind?

Old
04-06-2012, 07:23 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Special View Post
Bettman has had a romantic notion about crosby & ovechkin ala Bird & Magic, for years now.

I'm surprised he hasn't manipulated Ovie into the western conference so those 2 could meet in the SC finals.
Difference is Ovechkin is a hell of a lot tougher, and although the refs are kinda murky about OV, He gets away with a lot too. But not nearly as much as the darling team

Old
04-06-2012, 07:25 PM
RangerBlues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Special View Post

Towes and Kane dont get the same respect. Nor do the Sedines. And many others in the West

RangerBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 07:25 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Cindy's response to being accused of beig a whiner:

Deflect attention from himself. Then whine about the other team's captain, who never publicly said anything about you.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 07:26 PM
Badman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBlues View Post
Badman says: "neanderthal musings"

Watch yourself, I think Geico has the copyrights on that.
Rules are funny like that here.
I'll take my chances. Even the mad US copyright laws can't stop people using langauge...

Old
04-06-2012, 07:26 PM
Trident61494

I am proud of two things:

1. The way many different fans (especially those in the North East and Atlantic divisions) have come together to share their thoughts and feelings amicably...friggin' awesome.

2. Jonathan Tortorella....I got 20 bucks with his name on it.

Trident61494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 07:27 PM
Chiquito

No one finds it ironic that Torts is the biggest whiner amongst coaches?

Chiquito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 07:28 PM
turcotte8

Rangers Report ‏ @rangersreport

NHL Legal: head shots, knee on knees, brawls, cheating from bench.

NHL Illegal: comments about Sidney Crosby.

turcotte8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 07:28 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
I'll take my chances. Even the mad US copyright laws can't stop people using langauge...
Gov't gonna come fine you, homie. 20 G's

Old
04-06-2012, 07:29 PM
charlie460
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Hey Charlie that gif request from the Flyers game might be even more appropriate now, lol... Any luck?
"Are you ****ing kidding me?"

charlie460 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 07:29 PM
DontTazMeBro
LoveYouRyanNash

20k, a bit much wouldn't you guys say..?

Old username: LoveYouRyanNash
GO HAWKS!
DontTazMeBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 07:30 PM
ck20

vCash: 50
What I don't understand is why Crosby is trying to be a teenage drama queen and drag Callahan into this whole mess. But like someone else said, Crosby speaks and it makes front page news.

ck20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 07:31 PM
Badman

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWTBoonies View Post
Good point, Sir!

Old
04-06-2012, 07:32 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWTBoonies View Post
87 posts! Welcome. If you want to talk **** about the Rangers, go back to your own board.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 07:33 PM
BlessThisMess513

I imagine Torts is with Lavi and Claude Julien at the bar drinking some beers and discussing this whole thing having laughs and whatnot. But honestly I'd love to get all 30 GMs and head coaches in one sit down and hear whats on their minds about the NHL and the Penguins. Its ridiculous at this point. So many hypocrisies left and right. For the Penguin fans in denial saying embrace the hate, or how everyone loves to hate us, Id say 98% of HFBoards, including mods, actual NHL players, and head coaches actually agree with the consensus that the Pittsburgh Penguins get, and for the better part of a decade and a half, have gotten preferential treatment from NHL higher-ups. The Penguins have single-handedly done the impossible and united the fan bases of 3 franchises that on any other given day hate each other more than monday mornings, and are even heavily rooting for said teams to take down the Pittsburgh Crybabies.

BlessThisMess513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 07:33 PM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

vCash: 50
Quote:
Which preferential treatment are we talking about. Cooke's 17 game suspension? Goddards 10 games?

I would have thought that with Uncle Gary on our side Steckel and Hedman would have gotten punished for touching Sid and injuring him, but it didn't happen (and rightly so). Could it be that the preferential treatment is all in your mind?
to be fair, if it were a conspiracy, it would have to be covered up to an extent.

Killem Dafoe is online now   Reply With Quote