HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tortorella Fined $20,000 for Pittsburgh Comments

Old
04-06-2012, 08:33 PM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

vCash: 500
********. **** the pens and their whiny stars. He is absolutely correct. Milbury was right too, Crosby is a punk.

IslesFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 08:33 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badman View Post
Good point, Sir!
Why don't you and your buddy go back to the penguins board...where you belong?

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 08:34 PM
Novak Djokovic
MARC METHOT's #1 FAN

Quote:
Which preferential treatment are we talking about. Cooke's 17 game suspension? Goddards 10 games?

I would have thought that with Uncle Gary on our side Steckel and Hedman would have gotten punished for touching Sid and injuring him, but it didn't happen (and rightly so). Could it be that the preferential treatment is all in your mind?
That's the key. If the league loved their darling, surely, they would've found a way to suspend Steckel or Hedman. (Though I think it's no secret the league likes him... but not to an extent where they would alter on-ice performance of a team)

Also, the comment about 7 on 5, didn't the Rangers get 5 PPs to 1 last night? What else do you want the officials to do?

Anyways, just two things I thought could be corrected. I'm just trying to have a reasonable conversation. Please don't attack me.

I think that as fans we get too emotionally upset about things. I sure did when McQuaid kneed Foligno, and was upset that the league didn't suspend him. His hit was identical to Orpik's, but I sure didn't resort to conspiracies about Shanahan and the Bruins.

Having said that, I find that fining Tortorella was stupid. It's his opinion, and let him have it. The NHL took it too far in this case.

Novak Djokovic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 08:34 PM
Badman

Quote:
Originally Posted by htk30 View Post
What I don't understand is why Crosby is trying to be a teenage drama queen and drag Callahan into this whole mess. But like someone else said, Crosby speaks and it makes front page news.
Well, you could also ask the question why Tortorella drags Crosby (and Malkin) into a question regarding a hit by Brooks Orpik...

Badman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 08:36 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

So we've had Devils, Flyers, Bruins, Isles, Hawks, and Caps fans come to this thread and agree with us that this fine was unjustified, and that the NHL lets their darlings get away with too much. But no!! We're all jealous of team that sucked it's way to success!!

Old
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

Quote:
Martin got 4 games for sucker punching Talbot from behind, not steep at all.

And Gillies got nine, which was a joke.
Too bad that ***** Talbot turtled. And Martin let up on him. If he wanted to really hurt him he would pounded him into the ice. The Pens can dish it out, but when its done to them they cant handle and go crying to the NHL.

IslesFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

I love how Pens fans call Torts the whiner.... They're own egos blind them from realizing he isn't whining, he's telling it like it is, the truth.

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 08:37 PM
turcotte8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWTBoonies View Post
No one finds it ironic that Torts is the biggest whiner amongst coaches?
Being mad that someone cheap shots your player and answering the media's questions about it isn't whining.

Whining is complaining to the refs that every time someone touches you it should be a penalty, while you slash, cross check, hook, hold, and slew foot with impunity.

turcotte8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 08:37 PM
Killem Dafoe
k.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWTBoonies View Post
No one finds it ironic that Torts is the biggest whiner amongst coaches?
how is being short fused and boisterous whining?

He's a lot of things; Angry, Cocky (Arrogant, in case HF censored cocky), Blunt, Foul Mouthed...

Whiny isn't something that he is...

Killem Dafoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 08:39 PM
Badman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Why don't you and your buddy go back to the penguins board...where you belong?
There's no point in discussing with people you agree with. I come here to discuss with people of an opposite opinion, and I'm doing it in what I think is a civilized and polite way. I don't see the problem.

Badman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 08:39 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Well, you could also ask the question why Tortorella drags Crosby (and Malkin) into a question regarding a hit by Brooks Orpik...
Because he said that the arrogance stems from those two.

Old
04-06-2012, 08:40 PM
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
So we've had Devils, Flyers, Bruins, Isles, Hawks, and Caps fans come to this thread and agree with us that this fine was unjustified, and that the NHL lets their darlings get away with too much. But no!! We're all jealous of team that sucked it's way to success!!
Possibly in more ways than one

Kel Varnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 08:41 PM
Novak Djokovic
MARC METHOT's #1 FAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by turcotte8 View Post
Being mad that someone cheap shots your player and answering the media's questions about it isn't whining.

Whining is complaining to the refs that every time someone touches you it should be a penalty, while you slash, cross check, hook, hold, and slew foot with impunity.
I think that the "whining" thing comes from the fact that the reporter did not even ask him about Crosby or Malkin. He straight up asked him about Orpik's hit. When you bring something in totally random, I think that's when you come off "whining" to people.

EDIT: But you're totally entitled to your opinion.

Old
04-06-2012, 08:41 PM
mug25

Saw the fine coming a mile away. We all knew that the Penguins are the NHL's "model franchise" (suck for years, get draft picks, win cups, rinse + repeat) but Bettman fining Torts just proves it to be true.

mug25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 08:42 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
There's no point in discussing with people you agree with. I come here to discuss with people of an opposite opinion, and I'm doing it in what I think is a civilized and polite way. I don't see the problem.
Except that your buddy is wrong. Whining =/= telling it like it is. The Pens get special treatment around the league. And he's not afraid to speak his mind. Like when he called out the reffing in the WC...even the CBC announcers were saying during the game that there were many questionable calls in the last moments.

Old
04-06-2012, 08:43 PM
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
how is being short fused and boisterous whining?

He's a lot of things; Angry, Cocky (Arrogant, in case HF censored cocky), Blunt, Foul Mouthed...

Whiny isn't something that he is...
Yeah penstrolls don't know what whining is, probably because they've seen so much of it the past bunch of years. Whining is passive, it has to be done from a position of weakness. Torts was just being a badass, and going on the attack.

Kel Varnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 08:43 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serbian Power View Post
That's the key. If the league loved their darling, surely, they would've found a way to suspend Steckel or Hedman. (Though I think it's no secret the league likes him... but not to an extent where they would alter on-ice performance of a team)

Also, the comment about 7 on 5, didn't the Rangers get 5 PPs to 1 last night? What else do you want the officials to do?

Anyways, just two things I thought could be corrected. I'm just trying to have a reasonable conversation. Please don't attack me.

I think that as fans we get too emotionally upset about things. I sure did when McQuaid kneed Foligno, and was upset that the league didn't suspend him. His hit was identical to Orpik's, but I sure didn't resort to conspiracies about Shanahan and the Bruins.

Having said that, I find that fining Tortorella was stupid. It's his opinion, and let him have it. The NHL took it too far in this case.
What is your opinion about the Grossman, Stepan, and Boychuk injuries? (All knee-related injuries)

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 08:45 PM
bp spec

Complete BS.

bp spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 08:46 PM
Maineice11

Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
you know what just put a HUGE smile on my face...since the lockout the penguins have never been #1 in the east (i just looked 3 times to make sure i was not losing it) and the rangers are #1 in the east and have a chance to be #1 in the NHL...

Maineice11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Novak Djokovic
MARC METHOT's #1 FAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
What is your opinion about the Grossman, Stepan, and Boychuk injuries? (All knee-related injuries)
I thought that Orpik definitely should have been suspended for his hit. Vitale's hit on Grossman? No way. I haven't see the Boychuk hit though...

Old
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
Possibly in more ways than one
Made me lol.

Silence Of The Plams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 08:47 PM
Joe11

Lavollette fined 10K for leaning over bench and trying to start a fight with the other teams coach in front of 18,000 screaming fans, 40 hockey players ready for mayhem and a nationally televised audience

Torts fined 20K for telling a NY cable station that he doesn't like the Penguin organization and Brooks Orpik

I'd like the NHL to explain this

Joe11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 08:48 PM
canadianguy77

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
Made me lol.
You guy's are all making me lol. This is the best.

canadianguy77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 08:48 PM
Novak Djokovic
MARC METHOT's #1 FAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe11 View Post
Lavollette fined 10K for leaning over bench and trying to start a fight with the other teams coach in front of 18,000 screaming fans, 40 hockey players ready for mayhem and a nationally televised audience

Torts fined 20K for telling a NY cable station that he doesn't like the Penguin organization and Brooks Orpik

I'd like the NHL to explain this
...so was Granato. Anyways, nice talking to you guys. Potential first round match-up for the Sens against you guys (I hope it happens... Boston has our numbers big time). It should be fun.

Old
04-06-2012, 08:50 PM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
so ryan miller can say this and not get fined, but torts says what he said and he does? be consistent at least.

“I just stuck around because I wanted to say what a piece of [feces] I think Lucic is,” Miller said. “Fifty pounds on me, and he runs me like that? It’s unbelievable. Everyone in this city sees him as a big, tough, solid player. I respected him for how hard he plays. That was gutless. Gutless. Piece of [feces].”

trueblue9441 is offline   Reply With Quote