HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Tortorella Fined $20,000 for Pittsburgh Comments

Old
04-06-2012, 07:51 PM
Badman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Except that your buddy is wrong. Whining =/= telling it like it is. The Pens get special treatment around the league. And he's not afraid to speak his mind. Like when he called out the reffing in the WC...even the CBC announcers were saying during the game that there were many questionable calls in the last moments.
Well the Penguins certainly didn't get any kind of special treatment in the game against the Rangers. 13 minutes of power play for the Rangers to two for the Penguins.

I can understand that Tortorella gets upset when one of his players gets hurt, but it's obvious that Orpik just went to hit Stepan, and when Stepan jumped to the side to avoid the hit their legs collided. An accident, just like when Rupp injured Staals knee a couple of months ago.

If the Penguins are getting special treatment from the league their doing a helluva job diguising it, 'cause I sure as hell can't see it.

Badman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 07:51 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serbian Power View Post
I thought that Orpik definitely should have been suspended for his hit. Vitale's hit on Grossman? No way. I haven't see the Boychuk hit though...
The Penguins this year are like the Vancouver Canucks of last year. Playing the role as victim when they dished out their fair deal of questionable plays. They'll get exposed bigtime in the playoffs, just like Vancouver did last year. The slewfoots/crosschecks/slashing/diving by this team is what have earned them that reputation.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 07:52 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
so ryan miller can say this and not get fined, but torts says what he said and he does? be consistent at least.

“I just stuck around because I wanted to say what a piece of [feces] I think Lucic is,” Miller said. “Fifty pounds on me, and he runs me like that? It’s unbelievable. Everyone in this city sees him as a big, tough, solid player. I respected him for how hard he plays. That was gutless. Gutless. Piece of [feces].”
I agree with Miller, but also your point. This league loves pittsburgh, and this is another point proving it. Guarantee if Millsie said that about Malkin or someone, he'd be suspended 5 games and get fined hard core.

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 07:52 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

The Penguins fans and the other outsiders sticking up for them are hilarious. Let's just ignore all of the facts and all the other good stuff. Crosby slewfooting Dubinsky and Callahan in the SAME WEEK last season and not getting a single thing called against him is ok. So is Malkin jumping Zetterberg in the last minute of game 2 of the 2009 SCF and not getting a suspension, despite the rulebook CLEARLY STATING that any player who instigates a fight within the final minute of a game is subject to an AUTOMATIC 1 GAME SUSPENSION.

And I'm laughing my ****ing ass off literally at people trying to say the Steckel hit on Crosby was dirty. Watch the CBC feed of that clip on youtube and you can clearly hear Hughson and the other analyst stating he was skating after the puck and if you can look at his head and see the direction he's facing, you see his head turned towards the puck, not even looking at Crosby.

You guys have some nerve coming on here and saying the things you've said, because you're the first to whine if ANYONE BREATHES on Crosby or Malkin.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 07:53 PM
Badman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe11 View Post
Lavollette fined 10K for leaning over bench and trying to start a fight with the other teams coach in front of 18,000 screaming fans, 40 hockey players ready for mayhem and a nationally televised audience

Torts fined 20K for telling a NY cable station that he doesn't like the Penguin organization and Brooks Orpik

I'd like the NHL to explain this
"Reapeat offender" would probably be their answer.

Old
04-06-2012, 07:54 PM
Cmox

Was Granato fined less?

Cmox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 07:55 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badman View Post
It's MSG though, NY based, NY based reporters. Your logic is flawed

Old
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldshot View Post
The Penguins fans and the other outsiders sticking up for them are hilarious. Let's just ignore all of the facts and all the other good stuff. Crosby slewfooting Dubinsky and Callahan in the SAME WEEK last season and not getting a single thing called against him is ok. So is Malkin jumping Zetterberg in the last minute of game 2 of the 2009 SCF and not getting a suspension, despite the rulebook CLEARLY STATING that any player who instigates a fight within the final minute of a game is subject to an AUTOMATIC 1 GAME SUSPENSION.
You know what surprises me? To this day, even a few Ranger fans forget that Crosby slewfoot another player that very same game he did it to Callahan.

But of course, it was Avery, so anything a player did towards him was automatically null and void.

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
KreiMeARiver
PHI has potential!

I hope one of them gets Lindros'd in these playoffs.

KreiMeARiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 07:56 PM
Badman

Quote:
And I'm laughing my ****ing ass off literally at people trying to say the Steckel hit on Crosby was dirty. Watch the CBC feed of that clip on youtube and you can clearly hear Hughson and the other analyst stating he was skating after the puck and if you can look at his head and see the direction he's facing, you see his head turned towards the puck, not even looking at Crosby.
I don't think anyone has said that that hit was dirty, not in this discussion anyway.

Old
04-06-2012, 08:01 PM
ThisYearsModel

Quote:
Why was this standard not applied to Orpik?

ThisYearsModel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 08:01 PM
Deathdealer

Quote:
I don't think anyone has said that that hit was dirty, not in this discussion anyway.
its all good. you pens fans are about to see some wicked dirty stuff in round 1.

Deathdealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 08:02 PM
Novak Djokovic
HAWKS BANDWAGON!

Quote:

You guys have some nerve coming on here and saying the things you've said, because you're the first to whine if ANYONE BREATHES on Crosby or Malkin.
No, I said that if the league loved him, they would've found a reason to make that hit dirty and suspend Steckel or Hedman, but they didn't. The league likes him for revenue and marketing, but I don't believe for a second that they intend to somehow benefit the Penguins on-ice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmox View Post
Was Granato fined less?
Nope. Both 10K if my memory serves correct.

Also, as I've said, a very similar hit occured this season and it go nothing. (It should have gotten something just like Oprik should've gotten something)

Wishing injury on a player should be a no-no, I think. It's just sports... People shouldn't take this personally. I dislike a player like Subban, but you can check my whole post history, and you won't find a single time when I said, "I hope he gets killed". Maybe I have too high of expectations from people...

Novak Djokovic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 08:04 PM
Badman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisYearsModel View Post
Because it wasn't a suspendable hit. It was an accident. Orpik deserved the penalty he got, but for it to be suspendable it would have to be on purpose I guess.

Old
04-06-2012, 08:04 PM
Kel Varnsen
Below:Rangers' Balls

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisYearsModel View Post
****sburgh typical

Kel Varnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 08:05 PM
Cmox

Quote:

A quick google search says 2500.

not trying to troll but I just looked it up, ha

Cmox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Well the Penguins certainly didn't get any kind of special treatment in the game against the Rangers. 13 minutes of power play for the Rangers to two for the Penguins.

I can understand that Tortorella gets upset when one of his players gets hurt, but it's obvious that Orpik just went to hit Stepan, and when Stepan jumped to the side to avoid the hit their legs collided. An accident, just like when Rupp injured Staals knee a couple of months ago.

If the Penguins are getting special treatment from the league their doing a helluva job diguising it, 'cause I sure as hell can't see it.
Last November, the Rangers had 0 PP's while the pens had 8. Cherrypicking is fun, isn't it?

Rangers Fail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
You know what surprises me? To this day, even a few Ranger fans forget that Crosby slewfoot another player that very same game he did it to Callahan.

But of course, it was Avery, so anything a player did towards him was automatically null and void.
No believe me, I remember that.

It's just not worth mentioning since anytime you mention his name, it incites riots amongst Ranger fans between the ones who liked him (like myself) and the others who didn't.

Old
04-06-2012, 08:06 PM
Badman

Quote:
No, I said that if the league loved him, they would've found a reason to make that hit dirty and suspend Steckel or Hedman, but they didn't. The league likes him for revenue and marketing, but I don't believe for a second that they intend to somehow benefit the Penguins on-ice.

No, Granato got $ 2.5K. Laviolette probably got more for "instagating".

Or if we're still in conspiracy theory mode, he got less for being a Penguins...

Old
04-06-2012, 08:06 PM
Novak Djokovic
HAWKS BANDWAGON!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmox View Post
A quick google search says 2500.
Oops, I apologize then. You may have a point there. Maybe he got more for "instigating"? Who knows?

Novak Djokovic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 08:07 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
No, Granato got $ 2.5K. Laviolette probably got more for "instagating".

Or if we're still in conspiracy theory mode, he got less for being a Penguins...
Pretty much. It's laughable that you're all drunk off the favoritism.

Old
04-06-2012, 08:09 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Because it wasn't a suspendable hit. It was an accident. Orpik deserved the penalty he got, but for it to be suspendable it would have to be on purpose I guess.
Really???? Are you blind or are you sitting at your computer with your Crosby jersey in a room full of Penguins decorations?

Quote:
There are two teams Bettman helps out in this league. The two teams he markets the most. The Craps and the Bettmans (aka Penguins). It's just far worse with the Bettmans than it is the Craps.

Old
04-06-2012, 08:10 PM
Badman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Last November, the Rangers had 0 PP's while the pens had 8. Cherrypicking is fun, isn't it?
Cherrypicking IS fun. And it's probably how you guys come up with these theories of yours.

No one remembers Ovechkin taking out Gonchars knee in the 09 playoffs and getting away with it for example. Or that Cooke were suspended from the whole first round of the playoffs last year. As I said, if the league is favoring the Pens, they sure are hiding it well...

Old
04-06-2012, 08:11 PM
Vitto79

I have a good idea lets crush these dinks in the playoffs

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 08:13 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
Cherrypicking IS fun. And it's probably how you guys come up with these theories of yours.

No one remembers Ovechkin taking out Gonchars knee in the 09 playoffs and getting away with it for example. Or that Cooke were suspended from the whole first round of the playoffs last year. As I said, if the league is favoring the Pens, they sure are hiding it well...
Man you cry and cherry pick a lot...

Cooke is a dirty **** and always will be. Everyone hates him and everyone made it known. I also believe that Lemieux even cried about him, saying his dirtiness shall not be tolerated... then what do you know...? He moans about how unfairness and dirtiness in the games must be gone...throws a tantrum... but it's okay for his team to do whatever they want. Yet another team who knees, or slewfoots, or suckerpunches or spears will get fined and/or suspensions slapped onto their players. Double Standards. Pittsburgh's got em