HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Fun Pens vs Flyers Fight Card

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-06-2012, 09:39 PM
  #1
froods
Millerrrrrrr!!!
 
froods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,554
vCash: 500
Fun Pens vs Flyers Fight Card

Ok, most important...this is only for fun. Do not argue. Do not flame. Do not get this thread closed. Since tomorrows game is meaningless, make up a fight card, any style. It can be as goofy and crazy as you want. Don't get all personal about your teams, it's just for laughs. Here is mine.

Match #1. Sid vs Schenn. Get it out of the way. Because of Sid's concussion issues, make it a thumb wrestling match. Lets say best out of 3.

Match #2 Intersquad. Steve Sullivan, Danny Briere, Paul Martin, and Pascal Dupuis vs Chris Pronger. Yes, I know. Pronger is in no condition to fight, but what are these 4 guys really gonna do to him. Wouldn't it be awesome just to see him chase them around for a while? Maybe it's just me.

Match #3. Matt Cooke-Arron Asham vs Scott Hartnell-Kris Letang tag team cannibal contest. You might want to hide your children for this one. The first contestant to finish off his partner wins....if you know what I mean.

Match #4. Geno-Sean Couturier-stick to the junk contest. First to call uncle loses.

Match #5 Craig Adams vs Max Talbot for the worst fighter ever award

Match #6 Deryk Engelland vs Jody Shelly in hell in a cell

Headliner Match-Steve MacIntyre vs Milbury in a "pick on somebody your own size match"

I think this could appeal to all parties involved!

froods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 09:44 PM
  #2
Papaspud
Bring on...
 
Papaspud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: the ketchup!!
Posts: 6,460
vCash: 500
Line brawl halfway through the 1st. Then calm. Then SC gets hit hard. Then all bets are off. Bylsma and Laviolette squaring off in that little box that Pierre hangs out in.

Good times

Papaspud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 09:51 PM
  #3
Koss
Registered User
 
Koss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,574
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Koss
I actually hope the game doesn't get out of hand. The Flyers have made a too big of a deal out of regular hockey play. This is the type of stuff that leads to the nasty events that give hockey a bad name. It's stupid and usually disappointing at the end of the anyway for those looking for the bloodbath anyway..

Koss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 09:51 PM
  #4
fordfan485
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Yorktown, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 15
vCash: 500
Steve MacIntyre takes opening faceoff, which causes Laviolette to meltdown which leads to a benches clearing brawl.

fordfan485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 09:55 PM
  #5
22Brad Park
Registered User
 
22Brad Park's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 11,039
vCash: 500
For sure Asham and Rinaldo
Orpik and Coburn
Crosby and Talbot
Malkin and Hartnell
No matter Pens cannot match up at all with Flyers in rough part,,Flyers were smart they use this game to really bang up their stars,

22Brad Park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 09:56 PM
  #6
froods
Millerrrrrrr!!!
 
froods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koss View Post
I actually hope the game doesn't get out of hand. The Flyers have made a too big of a deal out of regular hockey play. This is the type of stuff that leads to the nasty events that give hockey a bad name. It's stupid and usually disappointing at the end of the anyway for those looking for the bloodbath anyway..
FUN

froods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 09:58 PM
  #7
Koss
Registered User
 
Koss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,574
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Koss
Quote:
Originally Posted by froods View Post
FUN
I like fun, I don't like to see people get hurt.

Koss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 09:59 PM
  #8
Roo Mad Bro
Morin & Hägg
 
Roo Mad Bro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,372
vCash: 500
Bryz vs MAF/B. Johnson

Bryz wins and does this after:


Roo Mad Bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 10:01 PM
  #9
froods
Millerrrrrrr!!!
 
froods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo Mad Bro View Post
Bryz vs MAF/B. Johnson

Bryz wins and does this after:

Ah, I forgot about BJ. You don't want any part of him. I don't care how magical Bryz is.
this is so much fun......BAM

froods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 10:05 PM
  #10
PJStock*
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Whitehorse, Yukon
Country: Canada
Posts: 562
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by froods View Post
Ah, I forgot about BJ. You don't want any part of him. I don't care how magical Bryz is.
this is so much fun......BAM
Bryz would kick his arse. I'm sure he's studied various martial arts in his day.

PJStock* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 10:05 PM
  #11
TheFinalWord
Registered User
 
TheFinalWord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,072
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Brad Park View Post
For sure Asham and Rinaldo
Orpik and Coburn
Crosby and Talbot
Malkin and Hartnell
No matter Pens cannot match up at all with Flyers in rough part,,Flyers were smart they use this game to really bang up their stars,
The Flyers aren't that tough. This isn't the 70's anymore. Unless the Flyers dress Walker and Sestito, then I really don't see that they have much of an advantage, if any at all. And if they choose to dress some guys for toughness, then the Pens with MacIntyre would certainly be up to the task.

There will probably be some small fireworks (provided there are no other big or dirty hits), but I imagine this won't be as exciting as expected.

TheFinalWord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 10:07 PM
  #12
froods
Millerrrrrrr!!!
 
froods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinalWord View Post
The Flyers aren't that tough. This isn't the 70's anymore. Unless the Flyers dress Walker and Sestito, then I really don't see that they have much of an advantage, if any at all. And if they choose to dress some guys for toughness, then the Pens with MacIntyre would certainly be up to the task.

There will probably be some small fireworks (provided there are no other big or dirty hits), but I imagine this won't be as exciting as expected.
Yea, who cares. Don't get this thread closed. This is just all for fun. No arguments.

froods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 10:09 PM
  #13
froods
Millerrrrrrr!!!
 
froods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJStock View Post
Bryz would kick his arse. I'm sure he's studied various martial arts in his day.
True, although I could see him laying down and playing dead or something crazy like that.

froods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 10:37 PM
  #14
Eleven
Solid As The Sun
 
Eleven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 952
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Eleven Send a message via AIM to Eleven
I should make "Round 1" and "Round 2" etc etc posters to take to the game tomorrow!

Maybe I'll have my wife dress like a Ring Girl and prance around with them too!!!!

Eleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 10:43 PM
  #15
Mo Wanchuk
Embrace the Hate
 
Mo Wanchuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Palm Isle
Country: United States
Posts: 1,880
vCash: 500
Hartnell vs Letang in a cribbage game. Loser gets his head shaved at center ice!

Mo Wanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 10:50 PM
  #16
Quo
storms in my knees
 
Quo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cornwall/Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,952
vCash: 500
Laviolette vs. Bylsma with Torts coming out of the rafters with a fold-up chair ala WWF.

Quo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 10:55 PM
  #17
TheFinalWord
Registered User
 
TheFinalWord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,072
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quo View Post
Laviolette vs. Bylsma with Torts coming out of the rafters with a fold-up chair ala WWF.
Actually, if I'm Granato, I'd be worried the assistants would have to fight. I certainly wouldn't want to be matched up with Berube.

TheFinalWord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 10:56 PM
  #18
MovesLikeJagr68
Registered User
 
MovesLikeJagr68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 248
vCash: 500
Realistically I see:

McIntyre vs. Shelley: in first half of 1st period. Get it out of the way and sit these guys for basically the rest of the game.

Rinaldo vs. Kennedy: both small and very emotional players. Kennedy has been known to drop the gloves in intense games like these, and Rinaldo seems like a good matchup.

Other than those 2 I'm not sure if we'll see anything more than roughing after whistles. I don't see Engelland dropping the gloves since with the injury to Niskanen we need our top 6 to stay out of the scrums. I also don't see Asham doing anything more than light roughing since he won't play enough to find a partner willing to throw down with.


One that probably won't happen but would be nice so that everyone would shutup would be Vitale vs. Schenn

That way Pens fans can feel good for Vitale sticking up for Crosby, and Flyers fans can feel good for Schenn sticking up for Briere (even though it was a clean hit :s)

MovesLikeJagr68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 10:59 PM
  #19
Quo
storms in my knees
 
Quo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cornwall/Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,952
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo Wanchuk View Post
Hartnell vs Letang in a cribbage game. Loser gets his head shaved at center ice!
That's funny stuff right there.

Quo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 11:32 PM
  #20
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Embrace The Hate!!!
 
MetalheadPenguinsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,420
vCash: 50
Geno vs. Bobrovsky in a borscht cookoff.

MetalheadPenguinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 11:48 PM
  #21
DoctrSteveBrule
BrooksOrpeck
 
DoctrSteveBrule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,216
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Brad Park View Post
For sure Asham and Rinaldo
Orpik and Coburn
Crosby and Talbot
Malkin and Hartnell
No matter Pens cannot match up at all with Flyers in rough part,,Flyers were smart they use this game to really bang up their stars,
uhhh, why would you match up our skill players vs they agitators?

If you really matched it up it would be like

Crosby > Giroux
Neal < Hartnell
Malkin > Briere
Cooke > Talbot
Engelland > Coburn
MacIntyre > Shelley


I could be like

Engelland would kill Bryzgalov
MacIntyre would kill Briere
Asham would kill Giroux
like picking bad match ups doesn't mean the team doesn't match up...


Quote:
Originally Posted by MovesLikeJagr68 View Post
Realistically I see:

McIntyre vs. Shelley: in first half of 1st period. Get it out of the way and sit these guys for basically the rest of the game.

Rinaldo vs. Kennedy: both small and very emotional players. Kennedy has been known to drop the gloves in intense games like these, and Rinaldo seems like a good matchup.

Other than those 2 I'm not sure if we'll see anything more than roughing after whistles. I don't see Engelland dropping the gloves since with the injury to Niskanen we need our top 6 to stay out of the scrums. I also don't see Asham doing anything more than light roughing since he won't play enough to find a partner willing to throw down with.


One that probably won't happen but would be nice so that everyone would shutup would be Vitale vs. Schenn

That way Pens fans can feel good for Vitale sticking up for Crosby, and Flyers fans can feel good for Schenn sticking up for Briere (even though it was a clean hit :s)
If rinaldo wants to fight someone he's gonna fight Asham, they were about to go last game.

DoctrSteveBrule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 12:39 PM
  #22
Terrapin
Registered User
 
Terrapin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,059
vCash: 500
Big Mac beats down Shelly.
Asham beats down Rinaldo.
Engelland beats down whoever else gets out of line.
Vitale may fight Schenn.
Someone may beat down Hartnell just for being so butt ugly

Terrapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:57 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.