HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2011-2012 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread II

Closed Thread

Old
04-06-2012, 10:26 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
What kind of game does Holland play? Is he strictly a playmaker?
Yes. From limited viewing and tons of reports, he's okay-decent at everything. Good balance/strength and defence. Decent speed and playmaking, not a great shot. Physical when he needs to be. He's like Bournival with worse hands.

Old
04-06-2012, 10:35 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
Yes. From limited viewing and tons of reports, he's okay-decent at everything. Good balance/strength and defence. Decent speed and playmaking, not a great shot. Physical when he needs to be. He's like Bournival with worse hands.
Hmm I was going to say a poor mans Plekanec but he is a winger right? So maybe like Palushaj?

Old
04-06-2012, 10:36 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
With the return of Gionta next year, wouldn't Gallagher be jeopardized in starting his NHL career due to the overall size of the team. Gionta still has value I say send him somewhere with Weber and a third round pick for a tall left winger or a right winger.
Not really relevant on the outset of Gallagher's career. Gionta is going to be playing hard defensive minutes while Gallagher will be getting his feet wet against softer opposition and they are both RW so they won't be on the same line.

Also 2 years left on Gionta's contract, Gallagher is 19 now. I doubt Gallagher seriously breaks out as a top-six before he's 21-22 and a good chance that much of those two years are in the AHL.

The only way this becomes an issue at all is if Gallagher develops into a top six winger way ahead of schedule.

Old
04-06-2012, 10:47 PM
SNM87
Habby Habitants

Gallagher will go to camp, work his ass off, he's a workhorse, he knows what he needs to do. He will look down the bench, figure out which player he needs to beat and do it. Just watch.

Old
04-07-2012, 01:13 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Hmm I was going to say a poor mans Plekanec but he is a winger right? So maybe like Palushaj?
Nowhere near Pleky. More like a Halpern at best.

Old
04-07-2012, 01:18 AM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
I expect Gionta to be flipped at somepoint and Gorges to be named captain and Gallagher to be called up to replace him. either next deadline or next offseason depending on how Gallagher is doing in the A and also if the big club is in the playoff mix or not.
Gionta has a NTC.

Old
04-07-2012, 07:12 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Apparently Tinordi scored a nice goal yesterday.. Anyone know where to see it ?

Old
04-07-2012, 08:44 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
I expect Gionta to be flipped at somepoint and Gorges to be named captain and Gallagher to be called up to replace him. either next deadline or next offseason depending on how Gallagher is doing in the A and also if the big club is in the playoff mix or not.
I hope our new GM is smarter than that. Rushing gallagher into the top 6 at 20 would be along the same lines as rushing Price SK and Pacioretty. Let the kid get his feet wet in Hamilton then start on the 3rd line with Eller and move up from there.

Old
04-07-2012, 09:15 AM
paulinux

Élis

I've seen shawinigan live yesterday, they lost a crazy game 7-6 ot...I Was not impress by bournival..Good on faceooff and to kill penalty but he dont seem to have much offensive instinct. I've seen him 3 times this year and each time i had the same feeling...i was expecting more...maybe he Will make it to the nhl, but i see im on a 4 Line at best, with a role on the pk

ELis...wow...i heard he was great on defense and that he could play physical. I can confirm that and much more...he was all over the ice with his fluid skating and was not afraid to join the rush on the nice goal he score. He must have play about 35 minutes. I't might be to early to tell but i think this his a future nhl'er...i'm not sure what his the limit for him but i'll watch Elis closely.....

Old
04-07-2012, 11:22 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulinux View Post
I've seen shawinigan live yesterday, they lost a crazy game 7-6 ot...I Was not impress by bournival..Good on faceooff and to kill penalty but he dont seem to have much offensive instinct. I've seen him 3 times this year and each time i had the same feeling...i was expecting more...maybe he Will make it to the nhl, but i see im on a 4 Line at best, with a role on the pk

ELis...wow...i heard he was great on defense and that he could play physical. I can confirm that and much more...he was all over the ice with his fluid skating and was not afraid to join the rush on the nice goal he score. He must have play about 35 minutes. I't might be to early to tell but i think this his a future nhl'er...i'm not sure what his the limit for him but i'll watch Elis closely.....
Thanks for the report, Ellis looks like a legit prospect for us. From what I've seen, Bournival reminds me a lot of Tom Pyatt.

Old
04-07-2012, 11:33 AM
Protest the Hero

Quote:

Thanks for the report. I always saw Bournival as a third liner, so hopefully he can up his offensive instincts a bit, but if he can retain a good faceoff game, he should be valuable in the future.

Not surprised on Ellis. People who haven't seen him play continue to call him a longshot when they're writing about Montreal prospects because they look at where he was drafted, his stat sheet, and nothing more.

Old
04-07-2012, 01:17 PM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Quote:

Nobody ever think that Bournival would be anything else but a 3rd liner at best. Yet, I see him being effective in that role. Ellis, well he IS a future NHL'er. That's not the point. The point is what is his upside. I don't see him racking tons of points, but he will be a solid NHL'er.

Old
04-07-2012, 01:31 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Snippin' Yank

vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Nope. Nothing on the Knights site, youtube, Sportsnet and CTV London only has post-game comments.

Old
04-07-2012, 02:06 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Thanks for the report, Ellis looks like a legit prospect for us. From what I've seen, Bournival reminds me a lot of Tom Pyatt.
Bournival is bigger and has much better hands than Pyatt. He isn't creative for a center but if you give him a good playmaking winger he could go 20-20-40 or 20-30-50 in the NHL at some point. Kesler isn't a very creative center but he scored a bunch of PP goals last year.

Old
04-07-2012, 02:19 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
Thanks for the report. I always saw Bournival as a third liner, so hopefully he can up his offensive instincts a bit, but if he can retain a good faceoff game, he should be valuable in the future.

Not surprised on Ellis. People who haven't seen him play continue to call him a longshot when they're writing about Montreal prospects because they look at where he was drafted, his stat sheet, and nothing more.
With the way he's been scoring for his new team I think a bunch of people who just look at stats sheets are going to take notice.

Old
04-07-2012, 02:39 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

About Bournival, he's better than Pyatt in the physical sacrifice dept. He battles hard for pucks in the dirty areas. Pyatt went in corners afraid of his shadow.

Old
04-07-2012, 03:06 PM
Protest the Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
With the way he's been scoring for his new team I think a bunch of people who just look at stats sheets are going to take notice.
They should, but unless you're a first round draft pick, people rarely notice. If you read reports written by people who only have a limited knowledge of Habs prospects, they regularly mention Bealieu and Tinordi as solid blueline prospects coming up for the Habs, but barely anyone mentions Ellis.

Old
04-07-2012, 03:29 PM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Nothing earth shattering. Play starts around 0:25. Tinordi recognizes the opening, nice pass, good wrister. The kid does have himself a pretty crisp wrister.

http://www.saginawspirit.com/video/index

Old
04-07-2012, 03:39 PM
Et le But

I can see a Holland-Pyatt comparison making sense actually. Holland is a little more gritty and probably a bit better vision, slightly less speed though. Still, a slightly grittier Pyatt with more offensive instincts isn't a bad thing at all.

Old
04-07-2012, 07:17 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Snippin' Yank

vCash: 597
Ellis with another goal.

Old
04-07-2012, 07:21 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Bournival is bigger and has much better hands than Pyatt. He isn't creative for a center but if you give him a good playmaking winger he could go 20-20-40 or 20-30-50 in the NHL at some point. Kesler isn't a very creative center but he scored a bunch of PP goals last year.
Pyatt showed some hands too in junior, in fact both their junior numbers are fairly similar.

Old
04-07-2012, 07:40 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Beaulieu with 2 assists in a 10-2 win for the Seadogs... That's 52 goals in 6 games...

Old
04-07-2012, 07:46 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Pyatt showed some hands too in junior, in fact both their junior numbers are fairly similar.
Yup but they differ on the physical part of the game.

Old
04-07-2012, 08:58 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Bournival only took 7 faceoffs tonight, wonder if he is playing hurt?

Old
04-07-2012, 10:09 PM
goldglove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Bournival only took 7 faceoffs tonight, wonder if he is playing hurt?
Bournival is playing on the wing with Morin as the center and Veilleux

Closed Thread