HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

EHM 07 - Part 8

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-04-2012, 10:32 AM
  #751
RO8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Courtenay
Country: Canada
Posts: 186
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleLeafs9 View Post
I've noticed when one of those tips says "players mental attributes will increase as they got older" is not true at all. I almost never see improvement in those. It sucks.
Only certain ones increase. Anticipation and creativity increase 3-4 points over a players career usually before they are 30. Influence increases as well but very slowly and I've only ever noticed a point or 2 increase. Pretty sure I have seen Work rate increase 1 or 2 points as well but it took years and success.

RO8 is offline  
Old
04-04-2012, 10:54 AM
  #752
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS
 
irunthepeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Peg, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,385
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RO8 View Post
Only certain ones increase. Anticipation and creativity increase 3-4 points over a players career usually before they are 30. Influence increases as well but very slowly and I've only ever noticed a point or 2 increase. Pretty sure I have seen Work rate increase 1 or 2 points as well but it took years and success.
Yeah I try and make sure when I draft players that the mental ones are at least oranges if not yellows (for a good number of them) as they're the attributes that don't usually rise or at least not much. I'm starting to think drafting guys with high anticipation isn't as important as you can make that rise a good couple points before they play a game. Work rate and determination are what I'm going to pay attention to more these days.

Haven't been playing much the last couple days, been playing the re-modded NHL04 and doing some music production. But that's the best part of this game. You can pick up right where you left off and keep going.

irunthepeg is offline  
Old
04-04-2012, 12:38 PM
  #753
MadArcand
We do not sow
 
MadArcand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Pyke
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 4,516
vCash: 500
This guy won Norris this season. He was picked 208th overall!!!


Such horrible determination and workrate. Such horrible rating. So many points. Insanity.

MadArcand is offline  
Old
04-04-2012, 12:51 PM
  #754
MadArcand
We do not sow
 
MadArcand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Pyke
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 4,516
vCash: 500
Oh, and the trash that is 2017 draft:

30th:



The board sabotaged my signing of him, so he never played for the organization. Doesn't look like I missed out on much though.

60th:



Lot of points by default, playing 2nd line LW. Solid offensive player.

90th:



Utter trash.

120th:



Trash.

150th:



A fine AHLer at least.

180th:



Undeveloped junk.

210th:



Ditto.

MadArcand is offline  
Old
04-04-2012, 12:52 PM
  #755
tonttuzi
Registered User
 
tonttuzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 109
vCash: 500
Anyone intrested in online game?(me+ 1-3 other people, nothing major), if it's possible(never tried it).

tonttuzi is online now  
Old
04-04-2012, 01:02 PM
  #756
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS
 
irunthepeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Peg, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,385
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadArcand View Post
This guy won Norris this season. He was picked 208th overall!!!


Such horrible determination and workrate. Such horrible rating. So many points. Insanity.
That's awesome. I've always wanted to find that gem in the late rounds. It's so hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadArcand View Post
Oh, and the trash that is 2017 draft:

30th:



The board sabotaged my signing of him, so he never played for the organization. Doesn't look like I missed out on much though.
What do you mean the board sabotaged your signing of him? Never heard of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonttuzi View Post
Anyone intrested in online game?(me+ 1-3 other people, nothing major), if it's possible(never tried it).
As previously mentioned, there is another thread for talking online leagues.

irunthepeg is offline  
Old
04-04-2012, 01:11 PM
  #757
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future
 
Habsfan18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,108
vCash: 500
So, the greatest defenseman I've ever had in the game has finally decided to hang em up after 21 seasons in the NHL. He retires as the all time leader in points for defenseman. In his career, he only missed 6 games due to injury.

Drafted 1st overall by the Swift Current Broncos in the 2035 Import Draft.

Drafted 1st overall by the Montreal Canadiens in the 2037 NHL Entry Draft.

Finishes his career with 1693 points (plus 354 playoff points).

14 Stanley Cups
1 Olympic Gold
1 Olympic Silver
1 WJC Bronze

14 All-Star Game Appearances (2 game MVP's)
10 Norris Trophies
5 Plus-Minus Awards
3 Hart Trophies
1 King Clancy Trophy
1 Calder Trophy

*Plus numerous 2nd and 3rd place finishes for various awards.










And just for fun, these were his attributes as he was entering his prime:


__________________
Interested in checking out 50+ years worth of covers from "The Hockey News?" Check out my collection here: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1382901
Habsfan18 is offline  
Old
04-04-2012, 01:14 PM
  #758
MadArcand
We do not sow
 
MadArcand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Pyke
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 4,516
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WordUp View Post
That's awesome. I've always wanted to find that gem in the late rounds. It's so hard
I'm not sure if that abysmal rating at top pairing and top PP with so many points makes him a gem.

He also won 2025. He has 772 pts in 876 games... with 6.91 rating!

Speaking of late round gems, my 1st line LW was picked 180th. So were my 2nd line LW and C. You'll see them in a few seasons

Quote:
What do you mean the board sabotaged your signing of him? Never heard of this.
If you're almost at the cap, the board will generally veto an over-525k signing as 'unrealistic'. As 1st rounder he wouldn't sign for 525 and board wouldn't allow anything else, so his rights expired... The demented board ignores the fact that in a month, you'll have other contracts off the hook. It's absurd.

I constantly battle with cap and reserve list.

MadArcand is offline  
Old
04-04-2012, 01:22 PM
  #759
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime
 
Richie Daggers Crime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYI fan in Atl
Posts: 9,210
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
I took a chance on a highly skilled Russian forward with the 30th overall selection in 2055, and he seems to be developing his offensive game nicely, but his mental attributes are absolutely terrible.
Alexei Yashin.

Richie Daggers Crime is offline  
Old
04-04-2012, 01:23 PM
  #760
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future
 
Habsfan18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,108
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Daggers Crime View Post
Alexei Yashin.
Good call.

Habsfan18 is offline  
Old
04-04-2012, 01:28 PM
  #761
UKFlyers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 469
vCash: 500
It's interesting to see how teams just collapse. In my game, the Pens just have. They let Crosby, Dupuis and Antropov walk and then basically gifted Letang to me for Klesla and a pretty average prospect. Detroit have made some pretty awful trades too, especially when it gets to deadline. Franzen(who was on course for a 100 point season) for draft picks and then Zetterberg for Pominville.

I'm loaded on Dmen, now though, probably too much so.
Yandle-Letang
Stuart-Ekman Larsson
Rundblad-Schlemko
Goncharov, Gormley, Rielly, McCocshen
Everyone barring Stuart has years left. I'm confident that my 4 non-NHL prospects will turn into NHL standard too.

UKFlyers is offline  
Old
04-04-2012, 05:08 PM
  #762
RO8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Courtenay
Country: Canada
Posts: 186
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Daggers Crime View Post
Alexei Yashin.
Yeah that one isn't to hard to figure out and generally if it is a good enough regen like a Yashin or someone who was a star it doesn't matter what low mental attributes they have, as long as they aren't all red, because the players talents will shine through. If they get drafted by the cpu that is a different story due to their constant misuse of prospects. So I draft guys who look like have great technical attributes and have high consistencies and it usually leads to me obtaining a lot of regens of good players.

I usually only target certain attributes being high if I want to move up to get someone, like I'm trying to find my perfect mold kind of guys when I decide to move up. Obviously like Word Up said work rate and determination are good ones as well balance, strength and to lesser degrees bravery and speed. I also personally don't mind my guys even my top ones to have decent aggression and hitting ratings as I like my teams to be big and bully the cpu ones around, usually my pk is good so the penalties don't bother me much. And if you have a lot of skilled guys then filling in your team with lots of tougher influence type guys is perfect.

RO8 is offline  
Old
04-05-2012, 09:13 PM
  #763
Wongchenyuk27
#WONGCHENYUK
 
Wongchenyuk27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: La belle Province
Country: Canada
Posts: 242
vCash: 500
Hey guys ! I would be interested to use the pre-game editor that everyone talks about but I don't know where to find it and use it.. is there any tutorials ?

Also, I remember myself changing the players portraits (photoshoping them with my own team jersey and putting their face on it) but I don't remember the resolution of the pictures (in pixels). If anyone knows it, it would be really appreciated.

Thanks a lot !

Wongchenyuk27 is offline  
Old
04-05-2012, 11:10 PM
  #764
Paul4587
Registered User
 
Paul4587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 13,881
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leblanc71 View Post
Hey guys ! I would be interested to use the pre-game editor that everyone talks about but I don't know where to find it and use it.. is there any tutorials ?

Also, I remember myself changing the players portraits (photoshoping them with my own team jersey and putting their face on it) but I don't remember the resolution of the pictures (in pixels). If anyone knows it, it would be really appreciated.

Thanks a lot !
http://www.ehmtheblueline.com/forums...hp?f=88&t=6745

It's pretty easy to use, I'm pretty sure there is a readme with instructions as well.

Paul4587 is offline  
Old
04-06-2012, 10:03 AM
  #765
Wongchenyuk27
#WONGCHENYUK
 
Wongchenyuk27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: La belle Province
Country: Canada
Posts: 242
vCash: 500
Thanks for your help, I downloaded it and tried it but doesn't work.. I can't save (I go to File and Save, it tells me that it's beeing saved but anything changes)

Wongchenyuk27 is offline  
Old
04-06-2012, 12:01 PM
  #766
Carlzner
Who's Zed?
 
Carlzner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Boulder, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 10,567
vCash: 500
Has anyone on a Mac used "TealSharks" tutorial on getting it on mac through Wineskin from the ehmtheblueline forums?

I have a question.

I've followed all the steps over 5 times, but each time i install it and start it, the wrapper/game will start to bob and be "open" for about 5 seconds, then just close.
Any help?

Carlzner is offline  
Old
04-06-2012, 12:31 PM
  #767
RO8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Courtenay
Country: Canada
Posts: 186
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leblanc71 View Post
Thanks for your help, I downloaded it and tried it but doesn't work.. I can't save (I go to File and Save, it tells me that it's beeing saved but anything changes)
You need to open EHM and the next time you save the file you need to go into one of the options menus and unclick "save compressed", I'm pretty sure it says, and then the editor should be able to help you from there.

RO8 is offline  
Old
04-06-2012, 12:41 PM
  #768
Wongchenyuk27
#WONGCHENYUK
 
Wongchenyuk27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: La belle Province
Country: Canada
Posts: 242
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RO8 View Post
You need to open EHM and the next time you save the file you need to go into one of the options menus and unclick "save compressed", I'm pretty sure it says, and then the editor should be able to help you from there.
Thanks, I will try this right now

EDIT : Did nothing. I mean.. I change the arena name (ex : Montreal Place to MolsonDry Center) then, I add an expansion number , change the Ice quality, etc.. but when I click on File- Save, it saves and then, I come back on the same arena I edited (Montreal Canadiens' one) and it goes back to Montreal Place and its original settings.. :S I also don't see how I can add a player or modify them because it does the exact samething , I save and nothing changes.. (ex : Todd Paul to Jonathan Toews). Is there any tutorial ? Also, I use W7 and run it as Admin.


Last edited by Wongchenyuk27: 04-06-2012 at 12:50 PM.
Wongchenyuk27 is offline  
Old
04-06-2012, 01:13 PM
  #769
RO8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Courtenay
Country: Canada
Posts: 186
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leblanc71 View Post
Thanks, I will try this right now

EDIT : Did nothing. I mean.. I change the arena name (ex : Montreal Place to MolsonDry Center) then, I add an expansion number , change the Ice quality, etc.. but when I click on File- Save, it saves and then, I come back on the same arena I edited (Montreal Canadiens' one) and it goes back to Montreal Place and its original settings.. :S I also don't see how I can add a player or modify them because it does the exact samething , I save and nothing changes.. (ex : Todd Paul to Jonathan Toews). Is there any tutorial ? Also, I use W7 and run it as Admin.
Did you save it after you uncompressed the save file? if you did I have no other solutions sorry.

RO8 is offline  
Old
04-06-2012, 01:15 PM
  #770
Intoewsables
 
 
Intoewsables's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,122
vCash: 717
Quote:
Originally Posted by RO8 View Post
You need to open EHM and the next time you save the file you need to go into one of the options menus and unclick "save compressed", I'm pretty sure it says, and then the editor should be able to help you from there.
That's for the save game editor, not pre-game.

@Leblanc:
Are you starting a new game after making the changes? They won't show up on a previous saved game even if you're using the database you edited in that game.

Other than that, not really sure what could be going wrong... Are you sure you're editing the right database? Maybe you're editing one and using another?

Intoewsables is online now  
Old
04-06-2012, 01:54 PM
  #771
Wongchenyuk27
#WONGCHENYUK
 
Wongchenyuk27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: La belle Province
Country: Canada
Posts: 242
vCash: 500
No I didn't start a new game. I mean nothing changes in the Pre-game editor program.. maybe I would need to start a game to see my changes.. but I don't see why my changes don't show up in the program.. (ex : Changes it to MolsonDry Center.. saves the database.. go to players/staff.. get back to arenas.. and it's still Montreal Place.. with the orignal settings)

And I must be using the good database.. but anyway.. that's not the problem right now.. thanks guy for helping

Wongchenyuk27 is offline  
Old
04-06-2012, 03:11 PM
  #772
RO8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Courtenay
Country: Canada
Posts: 186
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intoewsables View Post
That's for the save game editor, not pre-game.

@Leblanc:
Are you starting a new game after making the changes? They won't show up on a previous saved game even if you're using the database you edited in that game.

Other than that, not really sure what could be going wrong... Are you sure you're editing the right database? Maybe you're editing one and using another?
Ahh I see, sorry buddy.

RO8 is offline  
Old
04-06-2012, 07:12 PM
  #773
FlyingOcto
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 109
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leblanc71 View Post
No I didn't start a new game. I mean nothing changes in the Pre-game editor program.. maybe I would need to start a game to see my changes.. but I don't see why my changes don't show up in the program.. (ex : Changes it to MolsonDry Center.. saves the database.. go to players/staff.. get back to arenas.. and it's still Montreal Place.. with the orignal settings)

And I must be using the good database.. but anyway.. that's not the problem right now.. thanks guy for helping


Try running as Admin

FlyingOcto is offline  
Old
04-06-2012, 11:50 PM
  #774
Wongchenyuk27
#WONGCHENYUK
 
Wongchenyuk27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: La belle Province
Country: Canada
Posts: 242
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingOcto View Post
Try running as Admin
Already doing it :S

Wongchenyuk27 is offline  
Old
04-07-2012, 02:27 PM
  #775
Sanderson
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 4,700
vCash: 500
Do you confirm the changes you make?

Every time you change something (e.g. player, staff, arena) you have to confirm it for every entry before you move to the next one. So if you make changes to an arena and then click on another arena - or anything else for that matter - before confirming the changes you made, the changes will be gone.

Sanderson is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:55 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.