HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

EHM 07 - Part 8

Closed Thread

Old
04-04-2012, 10:32 AM
RO8

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleLeafs9 View Post
I've noticed when one of those tips says "players mental attributes will increase as they got older" is not true at all. I almost never see improvement in those. It sucks.
Only certain ones increase. Anticipation and creativity increase 3-4 points over a players career usually before they are 30. Influence increases as well but very slowly and I've only ever noticed a point or 2 increase. Pretty sure I have seen Work rate increase 1 or 2 points as well but it took years and success.

Old
04-04-2012, 10:54 AM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RO8 View Post
Only certain ones increase. Anticipation and creativity increase 3-4 points over a players career usually before they are 30. Influence increases as well but very slowly and I've only ever noticed a point or 2 increase. Pretty sure I have seen Work rate increase 1 or 2 points as well but it took years and success.
Yeah I try and make sure when I draft players that the mental ones are at least oranges if not yellows (for a good number of them) as they're the attributes that don't usually rise or at least not much. I'm starting to think drafting guys with high anticipation isn't as important as you can make that rise a good couple points before they play a game. Work rate and determination are what I'm going to pay attention to more these days.

Haven't been playing much the last couple days, been playing the re-modded NHL04 and doing some music production. But that's the best part of this game. You can pick up right where you left off and keep going.

Old
04-04-2012, 12:38 PM
MadArcand
We do not sow

This guy won Norris this season. He was picked 208th overall!!!

Such horrible determination and workrate. Such horrible rating. So many points. Insanity.

Old
04-04-2012, 12:51 PM
MadArcand
We do not sow

Oh, and the trash that is 2017 draft:

30th:

The board sabotaged my signing of him, so he never played for the organization. Doesn't look like I missed out on much though.

60th:

Lot of points by default, playing 2nd line LW. Solid offensive player.

90th:

Utter trash.

120th:

Trash.

150th:

A fine AHLer at least.

180th:

Undeveloped junk.

210th:

Ditto.

Old
04-04-2012, 12:52 PM
tonttuzi

Anyone intrested in online game?(me+ 1-3 other people, nothing major), if it's possible(never tried it).

Old
04-04-2012, 01:02 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadArcand View Post
This guy won Norris this season. He was picked 208th overall!!!

Such horrible determination and workrate. Such horrible rating. So many points. Insanity.
That's awesome. I've always wanted to find that gem in the late rounds. It's so hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadArcand View Post
Oh, and the trash that is 2017 draft:

30th:

The board sabotaged my signing of him, so he never played for the organization. Doesn't look like I missed out on much though.
What do you mean the board sabotaged your signing of him? Never heard of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonttuzi View Post
Anyone intrested in online game?(me+ 1-3 other people, nothing major), if it's possible(never tried it).
As previously mentioned, there is another thread for talking online leagues.

Old
04-04-2012, 01:11 PM
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

So, the greatest defenseman I've ever had in the game has finally decided to hang em up after 21 seasons in the NHL. He retires as the all time leader in points for defenseman. In his career, he only missed 6 games due to injury.

Drafted 1st overall by the Swift Current Broncos in the 2035 Import Draft.

Drafted 1st overall by the Montreal Canadiens in the 2037 NHL Entry Draft.

Finishes his career with 1693 points (plus 354 playoff points).

14 Stanley Cups
1 Olympic Gold
1 Olympic Silver
1 WJC Bronze

14 All-Star Game Appearances (2 game MVP's)
10 Norris Trophies
5 Plus-Minus Awards
3 Hart Trophies
1 King Clancy Trophy
1 Calder Trophy

*Plus numerous 2nd and 3rd place finishes for various awards.

And just for fun, these were his attributes as he was entering his prime:

04-04-2012, 01:14 PM
MadArcand
We do not sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by WordUp View Post
That's awesome. I've always wanted to find that gem in the late rounds. It's so hard
I'm not sure if that abysmal rating at top pairing and top PP with so many points makes him a gem.

He also won 2025. He has 772 pts in 876 games... with 6.91 rating!

Speaking of late round gems, my 1st line LW was picked 180th. So were my 2nd line LW and C. You'll see them in a few seasons

Quote:
What do you mean the board sabotaged your signing of him? Never heard of this.
If you're almost at the cap, the board will generally veto an over-525k signing as 'unrealistic'. As 1st rounder he wouldn't sign for 525 and board wouldn't allow anything else, so his rights expired... The demented board ignores the fact that in a month, you'll have other contracts off the hook. It's absurd.

I constantly battle with cap and reserve list.

Old
04-04-2012, 01:22 PM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
I took a chance on a highly skilled Russian forward with the 30th overall selection in 2055, and he seems to be developing his offensive game nicely, but his mental attributes are absolutely terrible.
Alexei Yashin.

Old
04-04-2012, 01:23 PM
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Daggers Crime View Post
Alexei Yashin.
Good call.

Old
04-04-2012, 01:28 PM
UKFlyers

It's interesting to see how teams just collapse. In my game, the Pens just have. They let Crosby, Dupuis and Antropov walk and then basically gifted Letang to me for Klesla and a pretty average prospect. Detroit have made some pretty awful trades too, especially when it gets to deadline. Franzen(who was on course for a 100 point season) for draft picks and then Zetterberg for Pominville.

I'm loaded on Dmen, now though, probably too much so.
Yandle-Letang
Stuart-Ekman Larsson
Rundblad-Schlemko
Goncharov, Gormley, Rielly, McCocshen
Everyone barring Stuart has years left. I'm confident that my 4 non-NHL prospects will turn into NHL standard too.

Old
04-04-2012, 05:08 PM
RO8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Daggers Crime View Post
Alexei Yashin.
Yeah that one isn't to hard to figure out and generally if it is a good enough regen like a Yashin or someone who was a star it doesn't matter what low mental attributes they have, as long as they aren't all red, because the players talents will shine through. If they get drafted by the cpu that is a different story due to their constant misuse of prospects. So I draft guys who look like have great technical attributes and have high consistencies and it usually leads to me obtaining a lot of regens of good players.

I usually only target certain attributes being high if I want to move up to get someone, like I'm trying to find my perfect mold kind of guys when I decide to move up. Obviously like Word Up said work rate and determination are good ones as well balance, strength and to lesser degrees bravery and speed. I also personally don't mind my guys even my top ones to have decent aggression and hitting ratings as I like my teams to be big and bully the cpu ones around, usually my pk is good so the penalties don't bother me much. And if you have a lot of skilled guys then filling in your team with lots of tougher influence type guys is perfect.

Old
04-05-2012, 09:13 PM
Wongchenyuk27
#WONGCHENYUK

Hey guys ! I would be interested to use the pre-game editor that everyone talks about but I don't know where to find it and use it.. is there any tutorials ?

Also, I remember myself changing the players portraits (photoshoping them with my own team jersey and putting their face on it) but I don't remember the resolution of the pictures (in pixels). If anyone knows it, it would be really appreciated.

Thanks a lot !

Old
04-05-2012, 11:10 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leblanc71 View Post
Hey guys ! I would be interested to use the pre-game editor that everyone talks about but I don't know where to find it and use it.. is there any tutorials ?

Also, I remember myself changing the players portraits (photoshoping them with my own team jersey and putting their face on it) but I don't remember the resolution of the pictures (in pixels). If anyone knows it, it would be really appreciated.

Thanks a lot !
http://www.ehmtheblueline.com/forums...hp?f=88&t=6745

It's pretty easy to use, I'm pretty sure there is a readme with instructions as well.

Old
04-06-2012, 10:03 AM
Wongchenyuk27
#WONGCHENYUK

Thanks for your help, I downloaded it and tried it but doesn't work.. I can't save (I go to File and Save, it tells me that it's beeing saved but anything changes)

Old
04-06-2012, 12:01 PM
Carlzner
Who's Zed?

Has anyone on a Mac used "TealSharks" tutorial on getting it on mac through Wineskin from the ehmtheblueline forums?

I have a question.

I've followed all the steps over 5 times, but each time i install it and start it, the wrapper/game will start to bob and be "open" for about 5 seconds, then just close.
Any help?

Old
04-06-2012, 12:31 PM
RO8

Quote:
Thanks for your help, I downloaded it and tried it but doesn't work.. I can't save (I go to File and Save, it tells me that it's beeing saved but anything changes)
You need to open EHM and the next time you save the file you need to go into one of the options menus and unclick "save compressed", I'm pretty sure it says, and then the editor should be able to help you from there.

Old
04-06-2012, 12:41 PM
Wongchenyuk27
#WONGCHENYUK

Quote:
You need to open EHM and the next time you save the file you need to go into one of the options menus and unclick "save compressed", I'm pretty sure it says, and then the editor should be able to help you from there.
Thanks, I will try this right now

EDIT : Did nothing. I mean.. I change the arena name (ex : Montreal Place to MolsonDry Center) then, I add an expansion number , change the Ice quality, etc.. but when I click on File- Save, it saves and then, I come back on the same arena I edited (Montreal Canadiens' one) and it goes back to Montreal Place and its original settings.. :S I also don't see how I can add a player or modify them because it does the exact samething , I save and nothing changes.. (ex : Todd Paul to Jonathan Toews). Is there any tutorial ? Also, I use W7 and run it as Admin.

Last edited by Wongchenyuk27: 04-06-2012 at 12:50 PM.
Old
04-06-2012, 01:13 PM
RO8

Quote:
Thanks, I will try this right now

EDIT : Did nothing. I mean.. I change the arena name (ex : Montreal Place to MolsonDry Center) then, I add an expansion number , change the Ice quality, etc.. but when I click on File- Save, it saves and then, I come back on the same arena I edited (Montreal Canadiens' one) and it goes back to Montreal Place and its original settings.. :S I also don't see how I can add a player or modify them because it does the exact samething , I save and nothing changes.. (ex : Todd Paul to Jonathan Toews). Is there any tutorial ? Also, I use W7 and run it as Admin.
Did you save it after you uncompressed the save file? if you did I have no other solutions sorry.

Old
04-06-2012, 01:15 PM
Intoewsables

vCash: 717
Quote:
That's for the save game editor, not pre-game.

@Leblanc:
Are you starting a new game after making the changes? They won't show up on a previous saved game even if you're using the database you edited in that game.

Other than that, not really sure what could be going wrong... Are you sure you're editing the right database? Maybe you're editing one and using another?

Old
04-06-2012, 01:54 PM
Wongchenyuk27
#WONGCHENYUK

No I didn't start a new game. I mean nothing changes in the Pre-game editor program.. maybe I would need to start a game to see my changes.. but I don't see why my changes don't show up in the program.. (ex : Changes it to MolsonDry Center.. saves the database.. go to players/staff.. get back to arenas.. and it's still Montreal Place.. with the orignal settings)

And I must be using the good database.. but anyway.. that's not the problem right now.. thanks guy for helping

Old
04-06-2012, 03:11 PM
RO8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intoewsables View Post
That's for the save game editor, not pre-game.

@Leblanc:
Are you starting a new game after making the changes? They won't show up on a previous saved game even if you're using the database you edited in that game.

Other than that, not really sure what could be going wrong... Are you sure you're editing the right database? Maybe you're editing one and using another?
Ahh I see, sorry buddy.

Old
04-06-2012, 07:12 PM
FlyingOcto

Quote:
No I didn't start a new game. I mean nothing changes in the Pre-game editor program.. maybe I would need to start a game to see my changes.. but I don't see why my changes don't show up in the program.. (ex : Changes it to MolsonDry Center.. saves the database.. go to players/staff.. get back to arenas.. and it's still Montreal Place.. with the orignal settings)

And I must be using the good database.. but anyway.. that's not the problem right now.. thanks guy for helping

Try running as Admin

Old
04-06-2012, 11:50 PM
Wongchenyuk27
#WONGCHENYUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingOcto View Post
Try running as Admin
Already doing it :S

Old
04-07-2012, 02:27 PM
Sanderson

Do you confirm the changes you make?

Every time you change something (e.g. player, staff, arena) you have to confirm it for every entry before you move to the next one. So if you make changes to an arena and then click on another arena - or anything else for that matter - before confirming the changes you made, the changes will be gone.

Closed Thread