HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Canucks Jersey Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-07-2012, 12:46 AM
  #26
Kassassin
#TeamSchneider
 
Kassassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Burnaby
Country: Canada
Posts: 195
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taelin View Post
Does anyone know where to get the cheapest car flags? I already have one, but want more
Canadian Tire sells them for $20+tax I think

Got mine at London Drugs 2 seasons ago for $17.99+tax or something like that.

Kassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 12:53 AM
  #27
Kassassin
#TeamSchneider
 
Kassassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Burnaby
Country: Canada
Posts: 195
vCash: 500
Anyone know where I can get the "Canucks Hockey" hoodie? I know the Metrotown Canucks Team Store carries them but they only have them in like XL and XXL




Kassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 01:19 AM
  #28
Hank4Hart
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,084
vCash: 500
additional help to fight fake jerseys

no1 - the nhl logo
fakes: you can flex/bend the nhl logo easily


real: the nhl logo is a lot harder, made of more layers so you cant bend it much if at all



no2 - the distance between the nhl logo and the VANCOUVER lettering


link to fake - notice how close the logo is to the letter O

my real jersey - notice distance is quite far apart comparatively

Hank4Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 01:24 AM
  #29
Hank4Hart
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,084
vCash: 500
and agreed 100% about the stitching... never get it at the canucks team store!

link

look at how the numbers have completely wrinkled up

Hank4Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 01:27 AM
  #30
Kassassin
#TeamSchneider
 
Kassassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Burnaby
Country: Canada
Posts: 195
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank4Hart View Post
and agreed 100% about the stitching... never get it at the canucks team store!

link

look at how the numbers have completely wrinkled up
I'm going to use your pic as an example if you don't mind.

Also, if your back number is wrinkly/folded, try turning your jersey inside out and iron the numbers. Should fix folded/wrinkly-ness a bit.

Not sure how you can fix the bubbly/wrinkled nameplate though

Kassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 01:30 AM
  #31
Hank4Hart
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,084
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassassin View Post
I'm going to use your pic as an example if you don't mind.

Also, if your back number is wrinkly/folded, try turning your jersey inside out and iron the numbers. Should fix folded/wrinkly-ness a bit.

Not sure how you can fix the bubbly/wrinkled nameplate though
go for it.

thanks for the tip, i ll try that when i get a chance!

Hank4Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 01:34 AM
  #32
Taelin
Resident Hipster
 
Taelin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,107
vCash: 500
To add to player t-shirts, Vancity Sports have some of the lesser "known" players.

Taelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 01:36 AM
  #33
Kassassin
#TeamSchneider
 
Kassassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Burnaby
Country: Canada
Posts: 195
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taelin View Post
To add to player t-shirts, Vancity Sports have some of the lesser "known" players.
Yup, saw that they had Kassian and Booth [which the team stores didn't]

Not sure about the other locations you mentioned.

Kassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 01:40 AM
  #34
Taelin
Resident Hipster
 
Taelin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,107
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassassin View Post
Yup, saw that they had Kassian and Booth [which the team stores didn't]

Not sure about the other locations you mentioned.
Also got my Lappy t-shirt there too, and snagged their last 2010 Team Canada Olympic jersey

Collector's Den and Game On Sports have the big names (Lu, Sedins, Kes, Burr).

Taelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 01:42 AM
  #35
Kassassin
#TeamSchneider
 
Kassassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Burnaby
Country: Canada
Posts: 195
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taelin View Post
Also got my Lappy t-shirt there too, and snagged their last 2010 Team Canada Olympic jersey

Collector's Den and Game On Sports have the big names (Lu, Sedins, Kes, Burr).
Thanks for the FAQ help Taelin.

I picked up a 40th Anniversary patch from VancitySports a few days ago.

I'm absolutely stoked to pick up my 40th Anniversary Kesler jersey and newly stitched Kassian jersey from PCC tomorrow

Kassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 01:48 AM
  #36
The Bob Cole
Ohhhh Baby.
 
The Bob Cole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Centre Ice
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,625
vCash: 500
http://canucks.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=66859

Official rules on how to tell if it's fake.

The Bob Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 01:48 AM
  #37
Taelin
Resident Hipster
 
Taelin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,107
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassassin View Post
Thanks for the FAQ help Taelin.

I picked up a 40th Anniversary patch from VancitySports a few days ago.

I'm absolutely stoked to pick up my 40th Anniversary Kesler jersey and newly stitched Kassian jersey from PCC tomorrow
No problem! I spend way too much time wandering around NHL stuff shops in my free time anyway. I swear the guy at the Metrotown Collector's Den recognises me now.

I should get my stuff stitched at PCC though; so much cheaper! So quite far away though...

Taelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 01:52 AM
  #38
McLlwain
Trevor Forever
 
McLlwain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cologne/Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank4Hart View Post
and agreed 100% about the stitching... never get it at the canucks team store!

link

look at how the numbers have completely wrinkled up
Got my jersey at the team store on Robson and had no problems with wrinkled up numbers.

Treat the jersey as "delicate" when you wash it. And never ever spin-dry it or put it in the drier.

McLlwain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 01:52 AM
  #39
CookieCrumbs*
Heads Up!
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 879
vCash: 500
I'm holding out on my Kassian jersey for the time being.

VanCitySports does have some good shirts and things of that nature, but the little rat that runs it knows not a thing about hockey jerseys. The rest of the employees are the same. Don't go there for anything jersey related. I've seen that slimy bast*rd screw up so many jerseys and then start spewing bullsh*t about why it's accurate etc.

CookieCrumbs* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 01:52 AM
  #40
Kassassin
#TeamSchneider
 
Kassassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Burnaby
Country: Canada
Posts: 195
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lui View Post
http://canucks.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=66859

Official rules on how to tell if it's fake.
Yeah I've read that before but it's comparing fakes to authentic edge jerseys that the players wear on the ice.

Not many people own $300 edge jerseys which led me to create a fakes vs premier jersey in my free time

Kassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 01:57 AM
  #41
Kassassin
#TeamSchneider
 
Kassassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Burnaby
Country: Canada
Posts: 195
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieCrumbs View Post
I'm holding out on my Kassian jersey for the time being.

VanCitySports does have some good shirts and things of that nature, but the little rat that runs it knows not a thing about hockey jerseys. The rest of the employees are the same. Don't go there for anything jersey related. I've seen that slimy bast*rd screw up so many jerseys and then start spewing bullsh*t about why it's accurate etc.
Hey CookieCrumbs!

Did you decide who to put on your authentic alternate jersey yet?

And agreed about VanCitySports. The owner is still there, but there's a new guy that works there as a cashier. He's a pretty cool guy to talk to lol. Got my 40th patch from him.

Kassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 02:05 AM
  #42
Hank4Hart
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,084
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McLlwain View Post
Got my jersey at the team store on Robson and had no problems with wrinkled up numbers.

Treat the jersey as "delicate" when you wash it. And never ever spin-dry it or put it in the drier.
I have never washed my jersey, lol

actually now that i think about it, the wrinkle and stuff might depend on what year you got the jersey not the store

i got mine in 2006-2007, so that might have something to do with it. since the 2010 season i think the team store changed the materials of their patches. not 100% sure though.

Hank4Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 02:06 AM
  #43
Hank4Hart
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,084
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassassin View Post
Yeah I've read that before but it's comparing fakes to authentic edge jerseys that the players wear on the ice.

Not many people own $300 edge jerseys which led me to create a fakes vs premier jersey in my free time
bottom line... if you can get a jersey with name on the back, along with a fight strap for less than 200, its a fake!


Last edited by Hank4Hart: 04-07-2012 at 02:13 AM.
Hank4Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 02:07 AM
  #44
CookieCrumbs*
Heads Up!
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 879
vCash: 500
Got a Hamhuis being done up as we speak. In fact, it should be ready for pick up on Monday. I wanted to wear it tomorrow to the game but, oh well.

I've got a home Edge 2.0 Team Issue that I've been saving to turn into a Kassian, but I don't want another jersey situation like the Oreskovich I had made up last season for Playoffs. Don't get me wrong I love the jersey. I had some pretty good times in it throughout last years run, which is why I would never have it stripped even though we most likely won't see Vic suit up for the Nucks again. Jersey obscurities can be short lived, but I appreciate them. Speaking of which, I saw a guy wearing an Ebbett jersey the other day. Gotta give the guy props for that. I guess everybody has their own reasons for the player they choose.

CookieCrumbs* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 02:09 AM
  #45
Kassassin
#TeamSchneider
 
Kassassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Burnaby
Country: Canada
Posts: 195
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank4Hart View Post
I have never washed my jersey, lol

actually now that i think about it, the wrinkle and stuff might depend on what year you got the jersey not the store
Friend of mine got his Edler jersey at the beginning of the 2010 season and the back numbers are bubbly/folded.

I believe it's the material the team store uses. It's thicker compared to other places, so when you sit down, the numbers get crunched up and folded.

The nameplate gets bubbly if you wash your jersey and air dry it after [I know from experience... ]. Always hang dry your jerseys after a wash my friends!

Kassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 02:10 AM
  #46
Taelin
Resident Hipster
 
Taelin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,107
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieCrumbs View Post
Got a Hamhuis being done up as we speak. In fact, it should be ready for pick up on Monday. I wanted to wear it tomorrow to the game but, oh well.

I've got a home Edge 2.0 Team Issue that I've been saving to turn into a Kassian, but I don't want another jersey situation like the Oreskovich I had made up last season for Playoffs. Don't get me wrong I love the jersey. I had some pretty good times in it throughout last years run, which is why I would never have it stripped even though we most likely won't see Vic suit up for the Nucks again. Jersey obscurities can be short lived, but I appreciate them. Speaking of which, I saw a guy wearing an Ebbett jersey the other day. Gotta give the guy props for that. I guess everybody has their own reasons for the player they choose.
I have a Hamhuis jersey too! He's just too underrated, and needs more love!

Taelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 02:11 AM
  #47
CookieCrumbs*
Heads Up!
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 879
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank4Hart View Post
bottom line... if you can get a jersey with name on the back for less, along with a fight strap for less than 200, its a fake!
I get what you're saying, but not entirely true. I got my Canucks Edge 1.0 authentic from River City Sports last year for $140. You can always find deals on Ebay and from time to time on Craigslist. You just have to know what you're looking for and how to distinguish the fakes. It's really not hard. Canuck fakes are pretty pathetic looking.

CookieCrumbs* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 02:13 AM
  #48
Hank4Hart
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,084
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieCrumbs View Post
I get what you're saying, but not entirely true. I got my Canucks Edge 1.0 authentic from River City Sports last year for $140. You can always find deals on Ebay and from time to time on Craigslist. You just have to know what you're looking for and how to distinguish the fakes. It's really not hard. Canuck fakes are pretty pathetic looking.
so you didnt get it with a name on the back then

Hank4Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 02:14 AM
  #49
Kassassin
#TeamSchneider
 
Kassassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Burnaby
Country: Canada
Posts: 195
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieCrumbs View Post
Speaking of which, I saw a guy wearing an Ebbett jersey the other day. Gotta give the guy props for that. I guess everybody has their own reasons for the player they choose.
Agreed. I remember sitting beside a guy on the bus a few weeks ago and he was wearing his Schneider jersey. Gotta give THAT guy props. Haven't seen too many of those.

Kassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 02:19 AM
  #50
CookieCrumbs*
Heads Up!
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 879
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank4Hart View Post
so you didnt get it with a name on the back then
No it was blank. But either way, it's not a fake and it was under $200. I've seen customized authentics on Kijiji for around $100.

CookieCrumbs* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:02 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.