HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#82|Apr. 7, 2012|Flyers at Penguins|4:00 p.m. ET

Old
04-06-2012, 09:48 PM
Flyerfan4life

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevUpThoseFlyers View Post
I think (hope) someone from the NHL has told both teams that there shall be no "funny biz-ness" before the playoffs.
if by this you mean both the Flyers and the Rangers, then i would say yes, and it involved fines..

will the pens get their knuckles rapped ? by who ? Buttman ? hes so far up Cindy's rear you wouldnt hear him if he yelled.

Flyerfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 10:20 PM
thewall

Good luck in the Playoffs.. I will be chearing for my local boy Giroux... Has a Habs fan.. i love to watch Flyers vs Pens games.. as a Canadian, i cant say i Hate Crosby.. but I'm tired of his whinning... Hope he rests tommorow cuz im in a fantasy hockey league playing our finals and my opponent has him on his team.. Hope for a Hartsy Hat Trick Tommorow! cuz he's on my team! I have TImonen also.. any chances he won't play tommorow???

thewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 10:26 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 2462
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewall View Post
Good luck in the Playoffs.. I will be chearing for my local boy Giroux... Has a Habs fan.. i love to watch Flyers vs Pens games.. as a Canadian, i cant say i Hate Crosby.. but I'm tired of his whinning... Hope he rests tommorow cuz im in a fantasy hockey league playing our finals and my opponent has him on his team.. Hope for a Hartsy Hat Trick Tommorow! cuz he's on my team! I have TImonen also.. any chances he won't play tommorow???
Currently, there are six healthy defensemen on the roster so Timonen will probably play.

Forwards is a different matter. With one recall today, there's an additonal body from Thursday's game.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 10:49 PM
Gert B Frobe

So with MacIntyre called up who sits for the Pens? Crosby? And with Harry Z called up who sits for the Flyers? Maybe they don't play Shelley but I don't see that happening. I think this game is going to have more than a couple fights. These teams started to hate each other and now it's just getting insane.

Gert B Frobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 10:50 PM
Cinerary
The Inexorable

No more injuries please

Cinerary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 12:16 AM
Phileeguy
39.904N 75.168W

Probably going to miss this game. But since it's all but meaningless in terms of the playoffs hopefully it won't be too eventful and they'll save all the good stuff for game 1.

But like everyone else, I too will hope for no injuries.

Phileeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 03:05 AM
kudymen
4, 15, 38 and 63

Just found out that I won't be able to watch tonight's game (perhaps I'll see at least last 10 minutes which should be enough to see that Vitale ***** lol)... This may be good though, I need to save my heart for the heart attacks next week ^_^

Edit - god, please, tell me why am I so curious that I keep on reading Pens GDTs for fun... My head hurts and hands are tingling

Last edited by kudymen: 04-07-2012 at 03:12 AM.
kudymen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 03:35 AM
TheLegendkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kudymen View Post
Just found out that I won't be able to watch tonight's game (perhaps I'll see at least last 10 minutes which should be enough to see that Vitale ***** lol)... This may be good though, I need to save my heart for the heart attacks next week ^_^

Edit - god, please, tell me why am I so curious that I keep on reading Pens GDTs for fun... My head hurts and hands are tingling

Yeah I do that sometimes. Its really bad and brain meltingly bad before games and in their threads in general. Its so much more readable when they lose though.

TheLegendkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 04:05 AM
Xegiie

reading pens GTD will result in couple of inevitable facepalms

there for im avoiding it by miles

Xegiie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 05:33 AM
philly_28
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
The option was Dio's "Last in Line."
Saving Cannibal Corpse's "Make Them Suffer" for the playoffs, huh?

philly_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 05:46 AM
Claude Reigns
What offseason?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
Word is MacIntyre is called up. Hope Lavy tells Shelley to avoid him all game and pick off the other trouble makers (Vitale, Kunitz, Asham). To hell with that big lunatic, let him ride pine.
I am curious about Pittsburgh's motivation for bringing up MacIntyre. The Pens fans rationalize it as a response to Shelley potentially "gooning it up." I kinda don't see that as likely.

If MacIntyre plays and injures a Flyer, I wonder what the league office's reaction would be (given that the call up is kind of a pre-meditation)?

To be honest, I hope it is a clean, tight checking game and both teams save the animosity for the playoffs.

Claude Reigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 06:23 AM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude Reigns View Post
I am curious about Pittsburgh's motivation for bringing up MacIntyre. The Pens fans rationalize it as a response to Shelley potentially "gooning it up." I kinda don't see that as likely.

If MacIntyre plays and injures a Flyer, I wonder what the league office's reaction would be (given that the call up is kind of a pre-meditation)?

To be honest, I hope it is a clean, tight checking game and both teams save the animosity for the playoffs.
Penguins injure another player in a dirty way?

FINE THE OTHER COACH!

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 06:26 AM
StandingCow

Watch, all this buildup and there will be no fights and they will all hug each other at the end.

HUGS OF DEATH!

StandingCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 08:20 AM
flyingsouth

Calling up MacIntyre? Let's try and keep our talent out of harms' way for this one...

flyingsouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 08:42 AM
healthyscratch

vCash: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsouth View Post
Calling up MacIntyre? Let's try and keep our talent out of harms' way for this one...
It will be real interesting to see who Grantato and his GF start the game with. If McIntyre is out there, then we all know what the game is going to be, and I hope we ignore him, or a least let Shelley deal with him an no one else. This dude is out o his mind, I don't want any of our regulars on the ice with him.

healthyscratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 08:44 AM
BernieParent

McIntyre is a nice opportunity for Shanahan to give some tough love to the Penguins. He makes some sort of questionable hit, Shanahan sits him for the playoffs, and a Penguin actually gets discipline without any of the actual roster players being affected. Win-win for the NHL FO.

Hopefully, today will be tough and intense without injuries. A convincing win would be nice, but obviously not essential.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 09:05 AM
Steve Durbano

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
McIntyre is a nice opportunity for Shanahan to give some tough love to the Penguins. He makes some sort of questionable hit, Shanahan sits him for the playoffs, and a Penguin actually gets discipline without any of the actual roster players being affected. Win-win for the NHL FO.

Hopefully, today will be tough and intense without injuries. A convincing win would be nice, but obviously not essential.
Geez, sit Mac for the playoffs...... As if he'd see one minute of ice time anyway. The guy's crazy.

I actually as a Pens fan don't want him on the ice as I'm afraid he might take this to a whole new level. Let's be honest, nobody wants to see somebody leave the game with a life altering injury, not even the keyboard warriors.

Steve Durbano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 09:09 AM
Maximus

Send a message via Yahoo to Maximus
Ranger fan here

coming here in peace obviously. You guys have to admit that it is kind of funny that you have fans of two of your most hated rivals(us Ranger nuts, Bruins fans) all rooting for your Flyers to kick the living **** out of Cindy and the hated Penguins...eh? Only the evil Pens could galvanize three cities who absolutaly hate each other for different reasons on an individual basis...you know what I'm saying?

To be honest, it really is kind of odd or me to root for Philly in anything seeing that I'm also a Knicks and Mets fan, Jets as well but that doesn't count seeing we share the "Ryan legacy" but when it comes to the arrogant smug Pens and their fan base, I don't feel dirty at all rooting your boys on...that's how much hatred I have for Pittsubugh. Anyways, good luck today fellas and here's to hoping your boys kick the snot out of them physically today and send a message to their team that there will be no liberties or cheap shots taken ever again or their will be major consequences....cheers

Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 09:11 AM
bennysflyers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post

If Mac does anything questionable, Bylsma will be suspended for a few. It is 100% pre meditated move by the PEns organization, and they will be punished. They will cry that it is too offset Shelley, but he has dressed for 30 games this year, so that holds no weight.

bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 09:11 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 2462
Quote:
Originally Posted by philly_28 View Post
Saving Cannibal Corpse's "Make Them Suffer" for the playoffs, huh?
That has been a component of the annual rotation but didn't make the cut this season; perhaps, it will be dusted off for future enjoyment. There was the simplistic matter at hand of a season finale and Dio generally gets the nod. But there's the ever-present state of capriciousness in choosing GDT songs. A temptation to debut the William Tell Overture or Ravel's Bolero existed, too.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 09:13 AM
bennysflyers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
coming here in peace obviously. You guys have to admit that it is kind of funny that you have fans of two of your most hated rivals(us Ranger nuts, Bruins fans) all rooting for your Flyers to kick the living **** out of Cindy and the hated Penguins...eh? Only the evil Pens could galvanize three cities who absolutaly hate each other for different reasons on an individual basis...you know what I'm saying?

To be honest, it really is kind of odd or me to root for Philly in anything seeing that I'm also a Knicks and Mets fan, Jets as well but that doesn't count seeing we share the "Ryan legacy" but when it comes to the arrogant smug Pens and their fan base, I don't feel dirty at all rooting your boys on...that's how much hatred I have for Pittsubugh. Anyways, good luck today fellas and here's to hoping your boys kick the snot out of them physically today and send a message to their team that there will be no liberties or cheap shots taken ever again or their will be major consequences....cheers
I hate the Rangers, but also respect them abd their fans, and that is what differs from the Pens.

bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 09:24 AM
Maximus

Send a message via Yahoo to Maximus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
I hate the Rangers, but also respect them abd their fans, and that is what differs from the Pens.

Exactly Benny...I feel the same way about the Flyers and even the Bruins to be honest though not as much as Philly. Your boys, sure I can't stand them when we play each other but I absolutaly respect the skill of some of your players as well as the toughness and grit of some of your guys. I hate Hartnell with a passion yet I can clearly see why you guys love him. I'd love him too if he was a Ranger. You know what I think it is also when it comes to Philly and NY, our fan bases have suffered alot over the years and we feel as if we've been cursed. Eagles and Jets both share that...Rangers and Flyers despite some decent success over the years both share pain...Knicks and Sixers obviously know suffering. And up until past 4-5 years when the Mets went south and your Phillies started being en fuego, we also shared alot of misery. That's why I think our fan bases though we have a natural hatred for one another can still respect one another...we have shared misery as a common bond!...

Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 09:26 AM
CNote
Get 'er done

Afternoon baseball followed by Game 0! This is going to be a beautiful day!

CNote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 10:38 AM
fauxflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
Word is MacIntyre is called up. Hope Lavy tells Shelley to avoid him all game and pick off the other trouble makers (Vitale, Kunitz, Asham). To hell with that big lunatic, let him ride pine.

fauxflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 11:04 AM
PJStock*

Seriously, I wouldn't even let Shelley out on the ice when Big Mac is out there. Not even Shelley is worth getting involved with that guy.

PJStock* is offline   Reply With Quote