HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ty Rattie Watch

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-04-2012, 02:59 PM
  #226
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window
 
PocketNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Crested Butte, CO
Posts: 9,298
vCash: 500
Yeah, they burned a year of his ELC, but what kind of production will he put up after two seasons compared with three seasons? Particularly on a deep team that (barring injury) would have McDonald all year next year.

My point is his contract coming off the ELC won't be likely as much as the one coming off him having played three full years ala Pietrangelo/Shattenkirk. So that savings makes up a bit for the price of getting one fewer RFA year. Plus it costs the team almost nothing this year.

Also, it was the right decision. More than likely, this healthy situation won't last too long, and he'll be seen in the playoffs at some point if they go deeper. Him practicing right now with a Cup contender for 4-12 weeks before heading into offseason workouts is a huge thing for his own personal development. For a player whose strength derives from his hockey smarts, all of this experience is developing his game by the day.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 09:10 AM
  #227
Sore Loser
Sorest of them all
 
Sore Loser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Spokane, WA.
Country: United States
Posts: 6,527
vCash: 500
Playing Tyler Seguin limited time as an 18 year old rookie worked wonders for the Bruins this year ... maybe giving Schwartz a taste and then having the vets show him the way isn't such a bad move.

That's what we're really hoping for with Ryan Johansen in Columbus ... if not, Todd Richards as interim coach may have been very detrimental to the team's long-term focus.

Sore Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 02:10 PM
  #228
Bluesome
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 20
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sore Loser View Post
Playing Tyler Seguin limited time as an 18 year old rookie worked wonders for the Bruins this year ... maybe giving Schwartz a taste and then having the vets show him the way isn't such a bad move.
The Blues gave Schwartz his ELC a year early because we have a roster spot for him to earn next year. Even if he is a healthy scratch for the rest of the year he still benefits from being able to practice and play with one of the best teams in the NHL for the remainder of the season.

Rattie is a Blue Chip prospect and the Blues really knocked it out of the park with this pick. He does however have some strengthening to do and will not be on the Blues roster next year. We just don't have the room for him to be on the roster if Tarasenko comes over. If he doesn't... prepare for the Blues to gamble with Rattie.

The Hawks weren't afraid to play Saad so I wouldn't be surprised if Rattie plays the whole year with the big club in the absence of Tarasenko.

Bluesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 02:18 PM
  #229
bleedblue1223
Fire Army
 
bleedblue1223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 24,815
vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesome View Post
The Blues gave Schwartz his ELC a year early because we have a roster spot for him to earn next year. Even if he is a healthy scratch for the rest of the year he still benefits from being able to practice and play with one of the best teams in the NHL for the remainder of the season.

Rattie is a Blue Chip prospect and the Blues really knocked it out of the park with this pick. He does however have some strengthening to do and will not be on the Blues roster next year. We just don't have the room for him to be on the roster if Tarasenko comes over. If he doesn't... prepare for the Blues to gamble with Rattie.

The Hawks weren't afraid to play Saad so I wouldn't be surprised if Rattie plays the whole year with the big club in the absence of Tarasenko.
Rattie won't play with the Blues regardless of Tarasenko. If Tarasenko does not come over, it just means that Stewart won't be traded.

bleedblue1223 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 02:18 PM
  #230
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window
 
PocketNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Crested Butte, CO
Posts: 9,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesome View Post
The Blues gave Schwartz his ELC a year early because we have a roster spot for him to earn next year. Even if he is a healthy scratch for the rest of the year he still benefits from being able to practice and play with one of the best teams in the NHL for the remainder of the season.

Rattie is a Blue Chip prospect and the Blues really knocked it out of the park with this pick. He does however have some strengthening to do and will not be on the Blues roster next year. We just don't have the room for him to be on the roster if Tarasenko comes over. If he doesn't... prepare for the Blues to gamble with Rattie.

The Hawks weren't afraid to play Saad so I wouldn't be surprised if Rattie plays the whole year with the big club in the absence of Tarasenko.
Rattie is still significantly less built up than Schwartz (who's no bruiser). He'll probably work hard and put on muscle in the offseason but there's really no rush. If Tarasenko doesn't come over for some reason (though it's a perfect fit for him at the moment, since he's exactly what the otherwise already-stellar team needs on offense) then they'll gamble on Stewart getting back to form long before they put Rattie on the NHL roster.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 11:18 PM
  #231
Robb_K
Registered User
 
Robb_K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NordHolandNethrlands
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,749
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
Rattie is still significantly less built up than Schwartz (who's no bruiser). He'll probably work hard and put on muscle in the offseason but there's really no rush. If Tarasenko doesn't come over for some reason (though it's a perfect fit for him at the moment, since he's exactly what the otherwise already-stellar team needs on offense) then they'll gamble on Stewart getting back to form long before they put Rattie on the NHL roster.
I agree with this. I'd put the chances of Rattie playing more than 9 games with The Blues at 3% (almost nil).

Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 11:49 AM
  #232
stlweir
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,516
vCash: 500
Even after putting on 10lbs before the start of this season Rattie still only tipped the scales at 173lbs. He still has plenty of work to do in the weight room.

stlweir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 12:35 PM
  #233
bleedblue1223
Fire Army
 
bleedblue1223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 24,815
vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlweir View Post
Even after putting on 10lbs before the start of this season Rattie still only tipped the scales at 173lbs. He still has plenty of work to do in the weight room.
He's not going to be a 200+ pound type player IMO. In camp when he is with our training staff, I expect him to get to around 185, and if he can be 190 to 195 the season after, he will be fine.

Rattie won't be on the big club next season anyway, so it isn't a big deal.

bleedblue1223 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 01:03 PM
  #234
Robb_K
Registered User
 
Robb_K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NordHolandNethrlands
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,749
vCash: 500
Some people have a light frame and can't put on a ton of weight. I was a tall string-bean type with an extremely high metabolism. I was 6:01+1/2 and 160 lbs. when I started midget. I lifted, lifted and lifted. I ate and ate and ate. Back in the early '60s we didn't use steroids or growth hormone nor even nutrition supplements to add weight. I barely squeezed up to 183-185 at my all-time highest. And then, I was eating about 4 times what the average adult male consumes.

Some players' frames can't support much more, or they'd be so musclebound it would interfere with their dexterity. From looking at Rattie, and knowing his weight history, I'd guess that he's not going to ever get above 190. And, more likely, I'd guess that his ultimate optimum playing weight will be about 185 (unless he grows another inch or two).

Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 01:39 PM
  #235
CarvinSigX
Meh
 
CarvinSigX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The IL Side
Country: United States
Posts: 10,147
vCash: 500
We also have to remember that 190 pounds can differ from player to player. I graduated high-school at 6'0" and 160 pounds, but most of my weight was in my legs. Look at Crosby. He's 5'11" or so and weighs only 200 pounds, yet he is known as one of the best at protecting the puck because of his amazing lower body strength. Weight doesn't determine strength. The efficiency of those muscles and how they've been trained will depict how they can be utilized. For instance, my eighth grade year was the first time I ever dead lifted. I was able to get up 385 pounds with ease. This was just from playing roller hockey, baseball, basketball, football, biking, etc. every day I possibly could since I was young. If Rattie trains in the correct ways, which he should learn how to do with the Blues trainers, he will be fine.

CarvinSigX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 11:33 PM
  #236
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window
 
PocketNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Crested Butte, CO
Posts: 9,298
vCash: 500
Rattie had the lone Portland goal as Kamloops had the Winterhawks on the ropes 3-1 after two periods. Then Rattie exploded for another goal and two assists to make it 4-3. Portland wins, 5-3 was the final. 2 goals, 2 assists for 17 points in 5 playoff games (12 goals, 5 assists). That's just awesome.

Looks like he's even caught and passed Charlie Coyle who started with 6 goals and 5 assists in his first 2 games but only has 16 points in 5 games. Leads all of Canadian juniors in goals, points and PPG in the playoffs at the moment.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 09:05 AM
  #237
Alklha
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 10,555
vCash: 868
I would like to have seen a lot more of Rattie play than I have, his continued success is great. I had expected him to fall back towards PPG, but it hasn't happened.

Got to say that I would have been open to moving him in the right deal in the lead up to the deadline, now I don't think there is a realistic return that would be worth moving him for.

Alklha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 05:09 PM
  #238
Robb_K
Registered User
 
Robb_K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NordHolandNethrlands
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,749
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
I would like to have seen a lot more of Rattie play than I have, his continued success is great. I had expected him to fall back towards PPG, but it hasn't happened.

Got to say that I would have been open to moving him in the right deal in the lead up to the deadline, now I don't think there is a realistic return that would be worth moving him for.
I wouldn't trade him away before he develops. He's a sniper. That's just what The Blues need. Just Tarasenko won't be enough. The Blues will be better off to use other assets to get their solid vet. left defenceman. Otherwise, they'll need to trade other significant assets for a goal-scoring forward, later. It's cheaper, and more efficient to "grow your own".

Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 12:07 AM
  #239
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window
 
PocketNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Crested Butte, CO
Posts: 9,298
vCash: 500
Portland beat Kamloops in Game 2 to take a 2-0 series lead. Rattie had an assist and keeps his CHL goals and WHL points lead.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 12:12 AM
  #240
h22prelude93
Registered User
 
h22prelude93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: St.Louis, Mo
Country: United States
Posts: 1,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
Portland beat Kamloops in Game 2 to take a 2-0 series lead. Rattie had an assist and keeps his CHL goals and WHL points lead.
What!? Only 1 point....Bust.

h22prelude93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 12:28 AM
  #241
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window
 
PocketNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Crested Butte, CO
Posts: 9,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by h22prelude93 View Post
What!? Only 1 point....Bust.
He's falling back to PPG like you thought

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 05:01 PM
  #242
ItsOnlytheRiver
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 272
vCash: 500
Surprised no one here is talking about the WHL playoff points leader and his mystery illness. No one's sure if he's going to play the next game or even what the injury is, but speculation is a concussion.

http://www.oregonlive.com/hawks/inde...s_ty_ratt.html

ItsOnlytheRiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 05:16 PM
  #243
execwrite
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Peekskill, NY
Posts: 3,728
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsOnlytheRiver View Post
Surprised no one here is talking about the WHL playoff points leader and his mystery illness. No one's sure if he's going to play the next game or even what the injury is, but speculation is a concussion.

http://www.oregonlive.com/hawks/inde...s_ty_ratt.html
Doesn't sound life threatening. Needs to be ready to play in St. Louis in October 2013.

execwrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 07:25 PM
  #244
ItsOnlytheRiver
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 272
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by execwrite View Post
Doesn't sound life threatening. Needs to be ready to play in St. Louis in October 2013.
If you don't want to talk about Rattie I understand, but why are you in this thread then?

ItsOnlytheRiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 12:46 PM
  #245
leoleo3535
Registered User
 
leoleo3535's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: hockey rinks
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,133
vCash: 500
Ty Rattie's injury is a neck injury.
He was taken to hospital during the game.
He is a game time decision for tonight.

Hilights of the 5 goal comeback by Kamloops are here- http://www.whl.ca/video/index/id/1334250267

Also in the video while you do not see the hit to Rattie you do see the after effects....him skating....favouring the upper left side of his body....

he is #8 ......at about the 59 second mark.

I was at the game and saw the hit...high and hard.

leoleo3535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 09:56 PM
  #246
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window
 
PocketNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Crested Butte, CO
Posts: 9,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoleo3535 View Post
Ty Rattie's injury is a neck injury.
He was taken to hospital during the game.
He is a game time decision for tonight.

Hilights of the 5 goal comeback by Kamloops are here- http://www.whl.ca/video/index/id/1334250267

Also in the video while you do not see the hit to Rattie you do see the after effects....him skating....favouring the upper left side of his body....

he is #8 ......at about the 59 second mark.

I was at the game and saw the hit...high and hard.
Appreciate the info. Looks like he's in the lineup tonight, but they're down 2-0 after 1.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 11:18 PM
  #247
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window
 
PocketNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Crested Butte, CO
Posts: 9,298
vCash: 500
Wow, Portland looks like they're in full-scale collapse mode.

Leading 3-0 in the series, haven't lost a game all playoffs, leading 4-0 in Game 4 ... horribly choke it away, lose 5-4, now getting destroyed at home in Game 5, 7-1 and counting. Kamloops was a strong team this year and won its division, now home for Game 6 with all the momentum ...

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 11:52 PM
  #248
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window
 
PocketNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Crested Butte, CO
Posts: 9,298
vCash: 500
Portland undergoing epic choke/collapse. Game 4 led 4-0, lost 5-4. Game 6 tonight led 5-2, lost 7-6. Rattie with two assists but they're going to lose Game 7 and his fantastic season will end.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 10:35 AM
  #249
Meatwagon
Blues=Overrated
 
Meatwagon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Bi-polar Express
Country: United States
Posts: 1,877
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
Portland undergoing epic choke/collapse. Game 4 led 4-0, lost 5-4. Game 6 tonight led 5-2, lost 7-6. Rattie with two assists but they're going to lose Game 7 and his fantastic season will end.
Have you watch many of the Portland games this playoff?

I would like a little info why this well constructed team is having such an epic collapse. From reading through their roster they seem like a fairly seasoned bunch.

Meatwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 12:14 PM
  #250
Steve Doan
RIP Oscar
 
Steve Doan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Eureka
Country: Tuvalu
Posts: 10,296
vCash: 500
Whenever i read this thread all i can think is, "thank you erik johnson"

Steve Doan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:49 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.