HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

World of Warcraft

Closed Thread

Old
04-03-2012, 05:38 PM
Moskau

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabresfan129103 View Post
So for people who have played the monk what is the class like? IIRC it could perform any 3 roles in the holy trinity. Is that still the case?
Very under tuned and very clunky at the moment.

Panda's look great in motion though.

Old
04-03-2012, 06:53 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

I guess here is my other issue, I've had a handful of accounts over the years and can't remember all the log in names. Is there any way to get the account names emailed to you? There used to be a way I know that because I put my email address in and got a list of 3 or 4 names. Thing is I used a few emails and this was all pre battle net.

Old
04-03-2012, 06:54 PM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

Yeah, monks are definitely a work in progress, but I do like the direction they are going in. I'm particularly intrigued by the healing and tanking, tanking being about turning damage dealt to you into DoTs as well as reflecting damage back at targets. Then there's bouncing healing waves(much like a shaman) between allies and enemies alike with the healing being damage when bounced to an enemy.

Old
04-05-2012, 11:55 AM
dnicks17

Are the hardcore raiders pissed with Cataclysm?

I just did the Raid Finder for the first time yesterday...and, just wow. Is it different/harder when it isn't done through the Raid Finder?

Every fight was the same as a healer. Heal the completely healable damage on tank, then drop a Healing Rain and top the raid through pointless AoE.

Old
04-05-2012, 12:34 PM
Francesa
(╯□)╯︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

Raid Finder = E-Z mode

Non-Raid-finder = More difficult

And of course, raid finder = pug...and I really have bad luck with pugs. Think I've only beaten one raid and I've been playing since 2006.

Old
04-05-2012, 02:12 PM
Benny Lava

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
Are the hardcore raiders pissed with Cataclysm?
Yeah, but not because of LFR. That's like asking if hardcore raiders are pissed with Cata because 5 man heroics are easy.

Old
04-05-2012, 02:51 PM
dnicks17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny Lava View Post
Yeah, but not because of LFR. That's like asking if hardcore raiders are pissed with Cata because 5 man heroics are easy.
That's why I asked if other raids were the same as LFR, not if raiders were pissed about LFR...

Old
04-05-2012, 02:53 PM
karnige
Real Life FTL

got into the beta. not going to download it. I want to play being 100% surprised and enjoy it not see all the content and grow tired of it before its even out

Old
04-06-2012, 04:40 PM
Finlandia WOAT
Do U Like Quebec?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
That's why I asked if other raids were the same as LFR, not if raiders were pissed about LFR...
Regular raids are pretty easy. Our guild has decent people (I think I'm the low end dps, and I do 22-24k consistently Destro Lock), and we are 1/8 heroic while only raiding once a week.

Heroics are hard though. That's where things get interesting. If you are a healer, look up the healing mechanics on Yorsaj heroic. That's complicated.

Old
04-06-2012, 05:15 PM
Chobomin

Quote:
Originally Posted by karnige View Post
got into the beta. not going to download it. I want to play being 100% surprised and enjoy it not see all the content and grow tired of it before its even out
Ditto that. I want to enjoy MoP as if it were a brand new game.

I would say the current tier raid is not that bad. Judging by the amount of guilds that already have HM full clears, it's been one of the easier tiers, AFAIK.

My guild is 6/8HM and should have Spine down before next Tuesday, hopefully. For our server we're racing for realm first 25HM clear (tied for first for now).

Old
04-06-2012, 10:27 PM
Gustav Nyquist
beard

My brother-in-law finished building my new computer so I can start playing again soon.

Old
04-07-2012, 09:19 AM
Rob Brown
Way She Goes

Old
04-13-2012, 01:34 PM
Go Habs Go

I haven't played wow since the release of Lich King. What seems to be the best method to level nowadays? Is questing still the fastest? How about doing instance after instances? What about PVPing?

Old
04-13-2012, 02:26 PM
Francesa
(╯□)╯︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

Questing probably most efficient way to get XP. I always grab a bunch of quests, complete them, then turn them in for massive XP. It's even faster to level up with "Call to Duty" BG rewards, must have gotten like 40 or 50% just for completing one Call To Duty

Also, in the old world, nearly every instance has the questgivers at the beginning, so you can grab with everyone else and go.

Old
04-13-2012, 02:33 PM
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixcuincle View Post
Questing probably most efficient way to get XP. I always grab a bunch of quests, complete them, then turn them in for massive XP. It's even faster to level up with "Call to Duty" BG rewards, must have gotten like 40 or 50% just for completing one Call To Duty

Also, in the old world, nearly every instance has the questgivers at the beginning, so you can grab with everyone else and go.
Thanks, I guess I won't have to worry about pvp then.

Old
04-13-2012, 02:41 PM
Francesa
(╯□)╯︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

If your character is 70 or above, you're probably better off completing quests and instances for XP.

Old
04-13-2012, 03:01 PM
sabresfan129103

I leveled a resto shaman from 30-80 purely using the dungeon finder. It took a few months, but it wasn't my main. One good thing about doing it this way was that it made me a really good healer by the time I was 80. I haven't played since July 2010 though.

Old
04-13-2012, 07:10 PM
Benny Lava

Dungeons are fine the first time through for the quest XP, but questing is a lot faster than dungeon or BG grinding in the long run.

Old
04-13-2012, 10:34 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Questing is insanely quick XP... I went from 80-84 just from doing the underwater zone quests and 2 dungeons.

Old
04-14-2012, 12:10 AM
Gustav Nyquist
beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Questing is insanely quick XP... I went from 80-84 just from doing the underwater zone quests and 2 dungeons.
80-85 is insanely quick with questing. Earlier levels it won't be nearly as fast.

Old
04-14-2012, 01:36 PM
Gooch

I got a rude awakening in the underwater zone on my mage after I dinged 80. Holy crap that place is not meant for someone wearing wrath dungeon blues. I ported back to Orgrimmar and bought my fill of cataclysm boe's and that doubled my health and tripled my damage and made the leveling a breeze. I still havent used my free power level to 80, I did 1-82 now with my mage in a matter of two weeks and that is with off and on play and time to level a dk to 72, and a paladin to 54 and with plenty of profession leveling times with all of them. It's almost stupid fast and kind of disappointing as you arent really taking part in much of the content along the way. Used to be the leveling was part of the game experience but now it seems like they're treating it as a chore and just trying to get it over with.

Old
04-16-2012, 05:00 PM
Garbage Goal

I'm giving WoW a second shot after getting a bit tired of playing under-populated MMORPG's (sadly, nothing really compares to WoW in this regard). What class should I go for? Here's some things I'm looking for:

-Most importantly, a class that isn't too complicated. Only a few key skills to rely upon and just a button mashing class to put it simply.

-I prefer to get up close and personal, but I can settle for anything really.

-Pets are always cool, but I found the pet system to be complicated in WoW my first time around so I'm not sure if I wanna do that.

-I like to be able to be self-sufficient. Self-heals, don't need to use potions for regular enemies, etc.

Last edited by Garbage Goal: 04-16-2012 at 05:52 PM.
Old
04-16-2012, 06:20 PM
Gustav Nyquist
beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
I'm giving WoW a second shot after getting a bit tired of playing under-populated MMORPG's (sadly, nothing really compares to WoW in this regard). What class should I go for? Here's some things I'm looking for:

-Most importantly, a class that isn't too complicated. Only a few key skills to rely upon and just a button mashing class to put it simply.

-I prefer to get up close and personal, but I can settle for anything really.

-Pets are always cool, but I found the pet system to be complicated in WoW my first time around so I'm not sure if I wanna do that.

-I like to be able to be self-sufficient. Self-heals, don't need to use potions for regular enemies, etc.
A Death Knight sounds perfect for you, more specifically a Frost specced one. I played a Frost DK as my main for a little while and they're easy, but super fun at the same time. The healing isn't amazing but on par with most other DPS classes.

Old
04-16-2012, 06:29 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarnkrok View Post
A Death Knight sounds perfect for you, more specifically a Frost specced one. I played a Frost DK as my main for a little while and they're easy, but super fun at the same time. The healing isn't amazing but on par with most other DPS classes.
I would love to be a Death Knight, but my only problem with it is that I start at level 55 apparently? That seems super odd and imbalanced to me. Plus I'm new so I'd like to start the game from the "beginning".

Old
04-16-2012, 06:47 PM
Gustav Nyquist
beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
I would love to be a Death Knight, but my only problem with it is that I start at level 55 apparently? That seems super odd and imbalanced to me. Plus I'm new so I'd like to start the game from the "beginning".
In that case, a Retribution Paladin or a Enhancement Shaman might work for you. If you want to range there's probably no class easier than an Arcane Mage.

Closed Thread