HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who do you want in the playoffs: DET or CHI?

View Poll Results: Who would you rather face in the first round?
Detroit 14 51.85%
Chicago 13 48.15%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
04-07-2012, 04:01 AM
Drake744
Unregistered User

vCash: 500
I just want home ice.

Old
04-07-2012, 04:25 AM
maplepred

Would Loooooove to eliminate wings!! Hopefully would also make suter realize how good we are and may stay!

Old
04-07-2012, 07:54 AM
tserberis*

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplepred View Post
Would Loooooove to eliminate wings!! Hopefully would also make suter realize how good we are and may stay!
Keep dreaming...

Old
04-07-2012, 09:43 AM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

Quote:
Suter has already made up his mind to leave winning the Stanley Cup won't change that He's taking his talents to 8 mile reguardless He is sick of Weber's shadow and wants $$$$$$$$ above what the Preds can pay. He's played his last game in Nashville as a Pred when the Wings dispose of us in 5 games. Screw him I hope he never wins a cup if he doesn't with the Preds.

Old
04-07-2012, 10:20 AM
PerdFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville View Post
Suter has already made up his mind to leave winning the Stanley Cup won't change that He's taking his talents to 8 mile reguardless He is sick of Weber's shadow and wants $$$$$$$$ above what the Preds can pay. He's played his last game in Nashville as a Pred when the Wings dispose of us in 5 games. Screw him I hope he never wins a cup if he doesn't with the Preds.
All I can say is... Prozac, or therapy...or maybe both.

Old
04-07-2012, 10:44 AM
AEM6729

I can see arguments for both teams.

Detroit: Slay the beast right away. Would be a huge boost in momentum to beat them in the first round, might be the start of a deep run. I think that when we finally beat Detroit in a playoff series, that will be the moment I look back on as the time that I started thinking of the Predators as an elite team and a legitimate contender. On the other hand, losing in the first round (to anyone) will be more disastrous this year than in other years because of the Suter/Weber/Radulov situation. We need a deep run now, and even though we did well against Detroit in the regular season we know that doesn't mean anything in the playoffs. They may not be as dominant as usual but they're still Detroit, and they have an excellent goalie.

Chicago: The main reason I want to play them is their goaltending, or lack thereof. They do not have a Stanley Cup goalie. We do. Crawford is bipolar...he's either awesome or completely terrible, and I don't see him being consistent enough for the playoffs. And we all know how easily we can rip Emery apart. If our series became a goalie battle, as so many playoff series often do, we win hands down. That said, beating Chicago is not as sexy as beating Detroit, and the number of fans they bring to our arena is annoying. Grimson also mentioned on the radio that the United Center is a much harder building to play in than the Joe, and he wouldn't want to go there for the first round. And they are the hotter team right now.

It's a tough call. I don't think you'll see the teams tank today...at least not Detroit. They're still playing for home ice, so you'd think they'd play hard. It's gonna be interesting...

Old
04-07-2012, 11:31 AM
maplepred

So suter has told you he wants to be a wing? And you also know we are playing wings and losing in five games??

What are winning lottery numbers for next draw?? I could use a few million as well!

Quote:

Old
04-07-2012, 11:37 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

I want an eastern conference team in the playoffs. I'm not going to fret over any of the possible matchups until then. All of the teams we could play in the first or second round are beatable but dangerous.

Old
04-07-2012, 11:37 AM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM6729 View Post
I can see arguments for both teams.

Detroit: Slay the beast right away. Would be a huge boost in momentum to beat them in the first round, might be the start of a deep run. I think that when we finally beat Detroit in a playoff series, that will be the moment I look back on as the time that I started thinking of the Predators as an elite team and a legitimate contender. On the other hand, losing in the first round (to anyone) will be more disastrous this year than in other years because of the Suter/Weber/Radulov situation. We need a deep run now, and even though we did well against Detroit in the regular season we know that doesn't mean anything in the playoffs. They may not be as dominant as usual but they're still Detroit, and they have an excellent goalie.

Chicago: The main reason I want to play them is their goaltending, or lack thereof. They do not have a Stanley Cup goalie. We do. Crawford is bipolar...he's either awesome or completely terrible, and I don't see him being consistent enough for the playoffs. And we all know how easily we can rip Emery apart. If our series became a goalie battle, as so many playoff series often do, we win hands down. That said, beating Chicago is not as sexy as beating Detroit, and the number of fans they bring to our arena is annoying. Grimson also mentioned on the radio that the United Center is a much harder building to play in than the Joe, and he wouldn't want to go there for the first round. And they are the hotter team right now.

It's a tough call. I don't think you'll see the teams tank today...at least not Detroit. They're still playing for home ice, so you'd think they'd play hard. It's gonna be interesting...
Sounds awfully familiar to 2010 with Niemi.

Old
04-07-2012, 11:47 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
Preds tanked the final game of 07-08 on the road vs the Hawks in order to avoid San Jose.....they played Mason and then Rinne that night even though Ellis was the red hot goalie at that time...
they didn't tank. the guys on the ice played hard and played to win. I guess resting guys could be considered tanking, but the guys on the ice play and play hard. in this league you don't have a job if you tank.

Old
04-07-2012, 12:48 PM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

The only reason I chose CHI is because of 09/10 as I've mentioned on the main board several times in this thread:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1156021

There isn't a team in the West I "want" to play right now. PHX is hot as hell and SJ / LA are both dangerous.

Old
04-07-2012, 12:59 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanPredBearFan View Post
All I can say is... Prozac, or therapy...or maybe both.
Quote:
So suter has told you he wants to be a wing? And you also know we are playing wings and losing in five games??

What are winning lottery numbers for next draw?? I could use a few million as well!

He has refused to negotiate with Poile. He has tipped his hand that Detroit or Minny (I know it's close to home but please) is where he wants to play.

FYI: Wings will get all the calls in the series except a few mary kay ones at the end to make it look even when they are winning 4-1. Hope you like watching Preds play the PK cause that's what's going to happen on Average of 7 times per game.

6-12-18-20-37 PB 28

Last edited by Gnashville: 04-07-2012 at 01:05 PM.
Old
04-07-2012, 01:07 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
He has refused to negotiate with Poile. Wings will get all the calls in the series except a few mary kay ones at the end to make it look even when they are winning 4-1. Hope you like watching Preds play the PK cause that's what's going to happen on Average of 7 times per game.

6-12-18-20-37 PB 28
He said he wouldn't negotiate prior to the trade deadline and intimated that he would wait until the season is over to do so. There is a difference between that and refusing to negotiate.

On the PK seven times per game? Really? I'd laugh if I didn't think you were half serious. All I can do is

Old
04-07-2012, 01:09 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

LOL at the NBC lead in "it's going to be a war between these two rivals". Chicago wants to lose

Old
04-07-2012, 01:12 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
LOL at the NBC lead in "it's going to be a war between these two rivals". Chicago wants to lose
What FACT is that statement based upon?

Old
04-07-2012, 01:17 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
He said he wouldn't negotiate prior to the trade deadline and intimated that he would wait until the season is over to do so. There is a difference between that and refusing to negotiate.

On the PK seven times per game? Really? I'd laugh if I didn't think you were half serious. All I can do is
Suter said he didn't want to be a distraction then became one.

Old
04-07-2012, 01:22 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Suter said he didn't want to be a distraction then became one.
How much of a distraction it was in the locker room is pure speculation.

Old
04-07-2012, 01:22 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

Quote:
What FACT is that statement based upon?
Dude they just gave up more 3 shorthanded shots on a 4 minute PP. Zero effort by them

Old
04-07-2012, 01:23 PM
SilasAdams

CHicago takes the lead early mmm

Old
04-07-2012, 01:28 PM
Top 6 Spaling

We can beat either. I'd rather have detroit as long as we still have home ice, but we can take either of them.

Old
04-07-2012, 01:28 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Dude they just gave up more 3 shorthanded shots on a 4 minute PP. Zero effort by them
Dude, they just scored.

Your speculation does not equal fact.

Old
04-07-2012, 01:34 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
Dude, they just scored.

Your speculation does not equal fact.
Message Board Rule Number 12: Speculation is always stronger than facts.

Old
04-07-2012, 01:40 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

I'm still torn on who I want to win this game. I want home ice for the Preds ... I'm less concerned who it is against.

A Hawks win means the Wings lose three of their final four home games, and needed a shootout to win that one. They haven't been dominant at home since early Feb.

Old
04-07-2012, 01:40 PM
Top 6 Spaling

I'd rather play Detroit, but there is one perk to playing chicago....

Old
04-07-2012, 01:50 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Milbury must not have paid much attention to the Yotes/Blues game last night. The Yotes are on a four game winning streak and Smith is hot. They are dangerous right now. LA and SJ are both fairly hot. Which ever team gets the #6 seed is traveling out west to face a team that played its way into that position. The hawks lost 75% of their games to the Yotes, 67% of their games against us ... not an easy matchup either way.

Closed Thread