HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Robidas/Martin

Old
04-07-2012, 12:33 AM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

vCash: 2111
Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzburgh87 View Post
I heard he's regressed alittle bit. Nah.
He doesn't fit in our system right now. We also don't really have a partner for him....

Frozen Failure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 08:29 AM
SIDGENO8771

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Failure View Post
He doesn't fit in our system right now. We also don't really have a partner for him....
We dont even have a roster spot for him.

SIDGENO8771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 02:14 PM
Cogburn

vCash: 50
I always thought Martin's contract was a little bit high for what he has accomplished. This isn't to discredit his play, but looking at the other defensemen that got paid close to what he got, Michalek, Hamhuis and Volchenkov, I didn't think he was as talented as the others. While it's not a steal, 5 million was the going rate at the time, and I don't see him being any less valuable because of his contract status.

That being said, I think Robidias' contract is better, for a similar level of play, and his experience to a cup team would be a boon, even with the vets and cup winners in Pittsburgh's dressing room already. I just view him as more valubable to a team like Pittsburgh, or to Dallas (who are still in competition for a playoff spot, barring another massive loss of talent and/or rebuild over the off season).

It's not a knock against Martin then, but rather a testiment to Robidias as, when an outsider I say it would be Martin+ for Robidias, as opposed to vice versa. What would both sides want for their respective player*, if they were simply traded off for picks (for example)?

Last edited by Cogburn: 04-07-2012 at 02:15 PM. Reason: *player not play....duh
Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 02:22 PM
wej20

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
I always thought Martin's contract was a little bit high for what he has accomplished. This isn't to discredit his play, but looking at the other defensemen that got paid close to what he got, Michalek, Hamhuis and Volchenkov, I didn't think he was as talented as the others. While it's not a steal, 5 million was the going rate at the time, and I don't see him being any less valuable because of his contract status.

That being said, I think Robidias' contract is better, for a similar level of play, and his experience to a cup team would be a boon, even with the vets and cup winners in Pittsburgh's dressing room already. I just view him as more valubable to a team like Pittsburgh, or to Dallas (who are still in competition for a playoff spot, barring another massive loss of talent and/or rebuild over the off season).

It's not a knock against Martin then, but rather a testiment to Robidias as, when an outsider I say it would be Martin+ for Robidias, as opposed to vice versa. What would both sides want for their respective player*, if they were simply traded off for picks (for example)?
I'd say he has more talent than Michalek and Volchenkov for sure, both are more likely to break down as well compared to the style Martin plays.

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote