HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal Canadiens @ Islanders 2/28, 7:00PM FSNY-1130AM

Closed Thread

Old
02-28-2006, 10:20 PM
Killer Carlson

vCash: 500
Was anyone else at the game tonight? Between the two anthems, it got very quiet and some guy yelled out, "YOU SUCK KVASHA!" CLASSIC!

Even Garth Snow was laughing!!!

Old
02-28-2006, 10:29 PM
Islanders4Life*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Carlson
Was anyone else at the game tonight? Between the two anthems, it got very quiet and some guy yelled out, "YOU SUCK KVASHA!" CLASSIC!

Even Garth Snow was laughing!!!

I went to the game but got there late,, and I think it is pathetic that someone does that, even though I cant take Kvasha anymore it is pretty sad to be publicly ridiculed like that

And those Canadien fans were freakin annoying, they were louder then the Isles fans

Old
02-28-2006, 10:31 PM
The n00b King *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islanders4Life
I went to the game but got there late,, and I think it is pathetic that someone does that, even though I cant take Kvasha anymore it is pretty sad to be publicly ridiculed like that

And those Canadien fans were freakin annoying, they were louder then the Isles fans
we're liker herpes. we're everywhere

Old
03-01-2006, 08:12 AM
mitebfan

Quote:

Face it -- Higgins & Komisarek's families were louder than the NY fans! Wasn't it great seeing a couple of LI boys on the ice!

Last edited by NYIsles1*: 03-01-2006 at 08:19 AM. Reason: don't try to incite.
Old
03-01-2006, 08:45 AM
Killer Carlson

Quote:
If anyone deserves it, it is Kvasha. There was also a guy standing near the tunnel to the Isles' dressing room and he had a sign that said, "Kvasha, are you awake tonight?"

Old
03-01-2006, 09:22 AM
cjdv16

funny... i thought kvasha was VERY strong last night.

my main point on this thread.... i've said it before and i'll say it again... the isles are analagous to Team U.S.A..... good effort, some heart, NOT ENOUGH TALENT.

that's why they lost this game. other than miro satan, nobody who can put the puck in the net on a regular basis and be the difference maker.

Old
03-01-2006, 09:43 AM
Melanson

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdv16
funny... i thought kvasha was VERY strong last night.

my main point on this thread.... i've said it before and i'll say it again... the isles are analagous to Team U.S.A..... good effort, some heart, NOT ENOUGH TALENT.

that's why they lost this game. other than miro satan, nobody who can put the puck in the net on a regular basis and be the difference maker.
I totally agree. Kvasha looked very good last night. I think that is the most frustrating thing about him. I think Satan may be the only player on the Isles with more true talent than Oleg. His problem is more in his head than anything.

This is why I think he might have some value on the market. Somebody will think they can get him to play hard every night IMO.

Funny, I was thinking the same thing about the Team USA/Isles similarity.

Old
03-01-2006, 09:52 AM
Killer Carlson

I was at the game and I think when you are there in person, you get a better view of how terrible Oleg is. He coasts around, gets himself out of position and causes more off-sides than any player I have ever seen.

I hope that some silly team believes they can turn him around and we get some value for him at the deadline.

Old
03-01-2006, 10:02 AM
tool123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Carlson
I was at the game and I think when you are there in person, you get a better view of how terrible Oleg is. He coasts around, gets himself out of position and causes more off-sides than any player I have ever seen.

I hope that some silly team believes they can turn him around and we get some value for him at the deadline.
I dont think the problem is with his effort but more to do with his HOCKEY SENSE! In fact, observing this team, Most of the players have NO HOCKEY SENSE. Which is a nicer way of saying, they dont know what the hell is going on or where to go on the ice.

Old
03-01-2006, 10:06 AM
BelovedIsles

Send a message via AIM to BelovedIsles
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYIsles1
They were outshooting Montreal 25-5, they worked, it was not good enough on this day.
Yeah through 2 periods, its rare to get a full 60 minute "good" effort.

Old
03-01-2006, 10:19 AM
Killer Carlson

Quote:
Originally Posted by tool123
I dont think the problem is with his effort but more to do with his HOCKEY SENSE! In fact, observing this team, Most of the players have NO HOCKEY SENSE. Which is a nicer way of saying, they dont know what the hell is going on or where to go on the ice.
Very true about him having no hockey sense. My buddy and I were saying the exact same thing. Every game you see him, you think it is his first NHL game. Totally clueless.

Old
03-01-2006, 10:25 AM
Killer Carlson

BTW, does anyone know why there was no Godard last night with Wyatt Smith replacing him? Did they talk about it on the TV or radio broadcasts at all?

Old
03-01-2006, 10:25 AM
NYIsles1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanson
I totally agree. Kvasha looked very good last night. I think that is the most frustrating thing about him. I think Satan may be the only player on the Isles with more true talent than Oleg.
For me he even has more talent in the open ice than Satan. No one on this team can take a puck out of his skates and accelerate away from the opposing defender with power the way he did for the breakaway he created for himself in last nights game, he did not finish but it was just a great play.

He's not consistent with his effort and there is no excuse for it whether he is visible in games or not so it's why folks will get on his like last night whether it's called for or not.

Old
03-01-2006, 11:06 AM
Bones45

I think I heard Howie and Joe talk abotu the doctors putting Godard on another medication to get rid of a virus.. or something like that---

Old
03-01-2006, 11:06 AM
Bones45

If anyone happens to hear someone yelling

"GET OFF THE ICE KVASHA" on the game against the Devs on the 7th or the Leaves on the 10th..

its me. section 321.

booyah.

Old
03-01-2006, 11:58 AM
Capt Reynolds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanson
I totally agree. Kvasha looked very good last night.
Maybe the jeer got under his skin and finally found some emotion in that frankenstein.

Speaking of trade value, there was what had to be a scout sitting in front of me for part of the game. I had great seats and there was a guy in a suit totally analyzing all the Isles during warm ups and taking hand-written notes on each player. Not sure who he was with but he had to be a scout.

Rough, rough loss, but if we had to go down I'm glad a Long Island boy got two goals with his folks in the stands. I was sitting near Komisarek's dad and congratulated him on his son making the NHL. Very nice guy, was beaming all night. I don't know how many of you know this but Komisarek's mother died this year after a protracted illness and I was very happy for them to have that special night of his homecoming. I also put in a word for Komisarek to sign with us in a few years. His dad's reaction: "Yes, you could use a big defenseman."

Old
03-01-2006, 06:07 PM
Kvashinator12

Send a message via AIM to Kvashinator12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones45
If anyone happens to hear someone yelling

"GET OFF THE ICE KVASHA" on the game against the Devs on the 7th or the Leaves on the 10th..

its me. section 321.

booyah.
are you in the It's a PP goal sam rosen section?

Old
03-01-2006, 08:49 PM
nyisles131

Godard was sick. I think he had some sort of stomach virus.

Closed Thread