HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tortorella Fined $20,000 for Pittsburgh Comments

Old
04-07-2012, 11:35 AM
marty 4 hart*

vCash: 500
I like Torts. But he was wrong to call Sid a whiner. Sid doesnt whine! Sid plays the game the way it was meant to be played. A good Canadian boy.

marty 4 hart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 11:43 AM
Cmox

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty 4 hart View Post
I like Torts. But he was wrong to call Sid a whiner. Sid doesnt whine! Sid plays the game the way it was meant to be played. A good Canadian boy.
I see what you did here.

Cmox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 12:10 PM
truebluegoalie

When this many people have come out and said something about that organization, the players, and the league, it means something. IMO it shows that it isn't just conspiracy talk or other team's fans being jealous. Wonder if Cherry will mention it on coaches corner tonight, in fact, that coaches corner should be the first one since the last philly/pens game right? Interesting to see what he says. I don't recall if he usually defends Crosby or not.

truebluegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 12:18 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
The Crosby rebuttal was priceless. "You can put a camera on me all game, I don't whine" hey genius HBO did that exact thing to you last year and uhh yes ya do.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 12:30 PM
eco's bones

Personally I was going to root for the Flyers against the Penguins even before the other night's game. The Pens IMO are the most dangerous team in the East--just the way it is. The most pragmatic thing of course is to hope that your toughest competition falls by the wayside before you have to face them. Then along comes Orpik and his ******** dirty play. Thinking next time we see them he needs to be hammered somehow or other but hopefully that's next season. As for wishing for injuries--if in the course of his getting hammered he gets seriously hurt--so be it. He's always played a mean, physical game--though he rarely drops the gloves and I don't get the idea that he or his teammates are too concerned about Stepan's health or anyone else for that matter--when you think about Matt Cooke's past history. It's like with Phaneuf. Runs over Sauer. His dad and all his buddies are high fiving it in the stands. They think it's great. Sauer's done for the year--maybe longer. Yeah--very nice Dion.

So go Flyers--at least in the first round.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 12:48 PM
varanger94

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Personally I was going to root for the Flyers against the Penguins even before the other night's game. The Pens IMO are the most dangerous team in the East--just the way it is. The most pragmatic thing of course is to hope that your toughest competition falls by the wayside before you have to face them. Then along comes Orpik and his ******** dirty play. Thinking next time we see them he needs to be hammered somehow or other but hopefully that's next season. As for wishing for injuries--if in the course of his getting hammered he gets seriously hurt--so be it. He's always played a mean, physical game--though he rarely drops the gloves and I don't get the idea that he or his teammates are too concerned about Stepan's health or anyone else for that matter--when you think about Matt Cooke's past history. It's like with Phaneuf. Runs over Sauer. His dad and all his buddies are high fiving it in the stands. They think it's great. Sauer's done for the year--maybe longer. Yeah--very nice Dion.

So go Flyers--at least in the first round.
You forgot to mention the idiot Toronto announcers laughing it up and acting like a holes. HaHaHa just tha way he taut cha. ha ha ha pathetic

varanger94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 12:55 PM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

Crosby's comments make me dislike him that much more. I respect his talent, do not wish any physical harm on him ... but as a player .... boy do I hate him.

GregSirico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 12:57 PM
varanger94

I pray the Rangers don't play Sh**sburg in the playoffs. Not because I think they will beat us. It's because I will not be able to enjoy watching the games. Watching how the Refs let Malkin Cindy and Latang slash, elbow, high stick and just look the other way. It would make the victory that much sweeter but i will have to take tranquilizers just to get through it. I posted on Philly's thread right after that game last week about how Cindy got away with 2 slashes after a faceoff a slash later in the game and a cross chsck to Scheen right before Scheen crosschecked him. Malkin pulls down a guy and punches him in the back of the head. the Ref was right there.

Old
04-07-2012, 01:00 PM
Cmox

I'd love for the Rangers to play the Pens and it be like 94 and the first round.
7-0, 7-1, 6-2, 5-2(this is off the top of my head so the scores may be off). When you win like that you don't worry about the refs.

Cmox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 01:02 PM
varanger94

Everyone should sent mister Bettman a message. GBettman@nhl.com

Old
04-07-2012, 01:05 PM
Maineice11

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
Originally Posted by varanger94 View Post
Everyone should sent mister Bettman a message. GBettman@nhl.com
I was looking at the contact us page on nhl.com and couldn't find agood one to contact....is that email legit?

Maineice11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 01:19 PM
KingLundqvistXXX
Confetti & Balloons

I can't believe how much respect I've gained for some teams that I've hated most over my lifetime. I love our past most bitter Atlantic rivals because of this post lockout era of Crosby/Penguin coddling.

I am now a Rangers fan who now owns a Flyers shirt. I'm rooting for them as much as I am the Rangers. And should we meet, I wish them a good reffed, hard fought series free of Penguins-like BS.

Next shirt I'm ordering is this one:

KingLundqvistXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 01:32 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAlmost View Post
Yeah, a bunch of times.
I figured.

He got fined because of one reason.

BroadwayBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 02:08 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLundqvistXXX View Post
I can't believe how much respect I've gained for some teams that I've hated most over my lifetime. I love our past most bitter Atlantic rivals because of this post lockout era of Crosby/Penguin coddling.

I am now a Rangers fan who now owns a Flyers shirt. I'm rooting for them as much as I am the Rangers. And should we meet, I wish them a good reffed, hard fought series free of Penguins-like BS.

Hahahaha that is ****ing awesome. I will totally buy one.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 02:37 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsouth View Post
As a Flyers fan, sign me up. Have a lot of respect for you guys (yr guys came off as a good, respectable crew on 24/7, and yr on ice attitude speaks for itself) and none for the Pens. Though they have talent; their successes ring hollow considering all the BS that surrounds that team since Bettman fell for Cindy. This fine for Torts (most likely for the heinous crime of speaking the truth about the Pens) is just another chapter in this sorry saga...

Though I'd naturally love to see our boys win it all, I'd be happy to see you guys win it if we falter.
Never thought in my lifetime that I would see this nor think it myself if the roles were reversed. Anything but a Penguins Stanley Cup is preferable.

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 02:41 PM
Callagraves
Block shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
"Consequences will never be the same! Anyone who talks about Crosby will be backtraced!"

Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 02:42 PM
Callagraves
Block shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
Never thought in my lifetime that I would see this nor think it myself if the roles were reversed. Anything but a Penguins Stanley Cup is preferable.
The playoffs being canceled is preferable

Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 03:00 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
The playoffs being canceled is preferable
They have become an evil empire. The black suits them.

Old
04-07-2012, 05:05 PM
Amazing Kreiderman
Night-shift fan!

Torts is a genuine hero. He, and Laviolette, are guys who stick up for their players, no matter what the consequences are.

Torts got a fine, he will pay it without feeling bad about it. He knows he was right and the fact that we've had visitors from Boston, Philly and many other sections in this thread shows he is right. This is not something that is being said by Rangers-fans, but across the NHL.

Amazing Kreiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 05:58 PM
Bauer Warrior*

I'm an Islander fan for over 30 years, and it bothers me that I can't hate your team the way I want to. That kind of thing happens when your team (mine) sucks for so long.

Nonetheless, it's a real shame that a man can't speak his mind without being penalized for it. He was honest. He was not disrespectful. He did not use course language. I have a lot of respect for Tortarella. He should not have been fined at all.

Bauer Warrior* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 06:27 PM
RangerBlues

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLundqvistXXX View Post

Do they sell that at the Garden?
I love it!

RangerBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 06:28 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

If the Rangers don't turn their game around tonight, I wouldn't mind seeing Torts rack up another 20k fine in the post game.

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 07:16 PM
BlessThisMess513

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauer Warrior View Post
I'm an Islander fan for over 30 years, and it bothers me that I can't hate your team the way I want to. That kind of thing happens when your team (mine) sucks for so long.

Nonetheless, it's a real shame that a man can't speak his mind without being penalized for it. He was honest. He was not disrespectful. He did not use course language. I have a lot of respect for Tortarella. He should not have been fined at all.
Not sure if you're describing Barney the dinosaur or Torts. He was pretty insulting, and notoriously has a mouth that would put a sailors to shame.(Exaggeration). But all of this was in a lot of peoples opinion, within reason.

BlessThisMess513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 11:11 PM
tlallstar6

vCash: 1312
Send a message via AIM to tlallstar6
sending this in the mail on monday

NEW YORK RANGERS HOCKEY CLUB
2 Pennsylvania Plaza
New York, N.Y. 10121

To Whom It May Concern:

Enclosed in this envelope is money I would like to provide to The New York Rangers and coach John Tortorella to help pay the absurd fines imposed by the NHL for the coach’s postgame comments on April 5th, 2012.

If the organization will not accept this money, I please ask that you take the time to donate it to the Garden of Dreams Foundation.

Let’s Go Rangers.
Sincerely,

xxxxxxx

tlallstar6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 12:28 AM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlallstar6 View Post
sending this in the mail on monday

NEW YORK RANGERS HOCKEY CLUB
2 Pennsylvania Plaza
New York, N.Y. 10121

To Whom It May Concern:

Enclosed in this envelope is money I would like to provide to The New York Rangers and coach John Tortorella to help pay the absurd fines imposed by the NHL for the coach’s postgame comments on April 5th, 2012.

If the organization will not accept this money, I please ask that you take the time to donate it to the Garden of Dreams Foundation.

Let’s Go Rangers.
Sincerely,

xxxxxxx
This I like.