vCash: 500
Dale is pissed

AndersUlfBobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 08:20 PM
WJG
Running and Rioting

Mrazek is great. DET got a steal in him.

WJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 08:21 PM
Kekumba

Send a message via AIM to Kekumba Send a message via MSN to Kekumba Send a message via Skype™ to Kekumba
Scheifele's defensive game is impressive.

Kekumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 08:29 PM
AndersUlfBobby
Was there 35 yrs ago

Where'd everyone go? Guess everyone is watching Blues vs Coyotes now huh?

In other Winnipeg Jets' prospects news, Cody Sol's Kitchener Rangers take their first game versus the Plymouth Whalers 2-0. Cody finished +1 and took a couple of minors.

Last edited by AndersUlfBobby: 04-06-2012 at 08:48 PM.
Old
04-06-2012, 08:38 PM
AndersUlfBobby
Was there 35 yrs ago

Mark makes a sweet move around a D to get close in, but rings it off the post.

Old
04-06-2012, 08:40 PM
surixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndersUlfBobby View Post
Mark makes a sweet move around a D to get close in, but rings it off the post.
That was a nice move, it looked like the goalie got a piece of it.

surixon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 08:47 PM
AndersUlfBobby
Was there 35 yrs ago

Would have been a different game if the Colts had capitalized on a few of those first period opportunities that they had.

Could be a short series if they do otherwise.

Old
04-06-2012, 08:54 PM
surixon

End of game notes:

Telegin wasn't all that noticeable to me. He showed some good speed and pk ability but I was hoping to see more offensively.

Mark had a good game. Scored a nice goal and easily could have had another 2 or 3 tonight. Was really impressed with his play in his own end and on the pk, it is further developed than I was expecting. He looks quicker and is stronger on his skates then earlier in the year. He will still need to get a lot stronger and a little quicker to make the team next year, but I am happy to see noticeable progress in a number of areas in his game this year. His creativity will be a welcome addition to our top 6 and pp in another year or 2.

Old
04-06-2012, 08:57 PM
surixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndersUlfBobby View Post
Would have been a different game if the Colts had capitalized on a few of those first period opportunities that they had.

Could be a short series if they do otherwise.
Well with the number of injuries Barrie has they will be in tough to win this series, Ottawa is a really good team. Even if they lose Mark and Ivan can go help the Ice Caps.

Old
04-07-2012, 10:23 AM
Huffer

vCash: 50
I thought that Mark had a pretty good game. He had plenty of chances (breakaway, 1 timer, etc), and was pretty much the conduit to which the offense flowed through when he was on the ice. He could have had 3 or more goals and a few assists if bounces went a different way. More than his offensive game, I was very impressed with his play in his own zone. Hawerchuck must have been hammering that home all season. Mark was routinely down behind his own goal line, and I didn't see him lose his man.

Telegin looked big out there, but it didn't seem like he got it going. Looked like he tried to "wind it up" a few times by taking the puck back and going on a rush. I think at the next level he is going to just have to chip it in and get it.

I wasn't overly impressed with Ceci in regards to being a top 10 pick. He looked ok, but didn't really give me the warm and fuzzies. It's only a 1 game sample though.

Agree on the Ottawa goalie though. Detroit seems to have a good one there.

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 10:38 AM
peter sullivan
Winnipeg

crappy game but fun to see our boys.....that siren was nuts....never seen that before.

im surprised people here didnt rate telegin better...i was impressed with this speed and puck handling....we dont hear much about him compared to scheifelle but he looks like he could really be a good one....put a few pounds on the boy and he could be dominant.

scheifelle looked good out there too....i hope when the competition gets better he is able to make the improvements to match.....at this level he is a star, but when the talent level was ratcheted up at the WJ's he got lost.

he seems like he will be one of those players that scores 30 goals and touches the puck for a total of 36 second to score those goals...he's got a nose for the puck down low.

where do people think both of these guys will be next year?....telegin is too old to return isnt he?....does he go to st. john's?....can sheifelle make the jets?...or another year in the OHL?

peter sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 10:49 AM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator

vCash: 200
@peter - I think Telegin will be in St Johns, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Scheifele back with the Colts, IMHO. If he has an absolute gangbuster TC, and comes in heavier / stronger, he MIGHT stick, but I think he could use a bit more seasoning, and given the fact he can't go to St Johns next year, that leaves the O again. Would give him another opportunity to light it up at the WJC as well - one year older, bigger, stronger, etc.

Telegin had a "quiet" game - he's usually much more noticable. The fact that Barrie is ravaged with injuries doesn't help - having Pearson and Hall out does not help, and it forces the Colts to split Telegin and Scheifele up to try to roll more than one scoring line. Terrible timing for the Colts injuries, unfortunately.

YWGinYYZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 11:02 AM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 264
Scheifele looked good out there, agree with Peter, he's going to score a bunch of goals in the NHL just pouncing on loose pucks between the dots. He's got an NHL set of hands. His stride will always look a bit funny, but I think that's more a product of being young and gangly, and he never really looks like he's labouring out there. If he can bring his game up to NHL tempo and add a bit more strength, he's going to be special.

Telegin can really fly, and should be a big contributor on the Rock next season. There will be a learning curve for him, as he won't be able to use his speed to nearly the same degree as he can in the OHL.

Wasn't overly impressed with Cody Ceci. I like his size and skating ability, but his creativity and decision-making didn't really stand out.

Hank Chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 11:51 AM
surixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
@peter - I think Telegin will be in St Johns, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Scheifele back with the Colts, IMHO. If he has an absolute gangbuster TC, and comes in heavier / stronger, he MIGHT stick, but I think he could use a bit more seasoning, and given the fact he can't go to St Johns next year, that leaves the O again. Would give him another opportunity to light it up at the WJC as well - one year older, bigger, stronger, etc.

Telegin had a "quiet" game - he's usually much more noticable. The fact that Barrie is ravaged with injuries doesn't help - having Pearson and Hall out does not help, and it forces the Colts to split Telegin and Scheifele up to try to roll more than one scoring line. Terrible timing for the Colts injuries, unfortunately.
I think a number of factors will determine whether or not Mark sticks next year:

1) Will be Mark himself, has he put on enough weight to handle the rigors of the NHL and is he quick enough to keep up. I also agree that he will need to have another really strong camp.

2) Roster makeup. If Chevy goes out and Squires another top 6 player it reduces Marks chances even if he has a good camp.

3) Burmistrov:. He hasn't taken advantage of his oppertunity on the second line. Depending on how he fares in camp next year there may be an opening for Mark to steal his spot as the number two center.

I think the organization would want to keep Mark in Barrie for another years, but lack of talent and depth up front may leave them with little choice if he has another superb camp.

Old
04-07-2012, 11:54 AM
surixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
Scheifele looked good out there, agree with Peter, he's going to score a bunch of goals in the NHL just pouncing on loose pucks between the dots. He's got an NHL set of hands. His stride will always look a bit funny, but I think that's more a product of being young and gangly, and he never really looks like he's labouring out there. If he can bring his game up to NHL tempo and add a bit more strength, he's going to be special.

Telegin can really fly, and should be a big contributor on the Rock next season. There will be a learning curve for him, as he won't be able to use his speed to nearly the same degree as he can in the OHL.

Wasn't overly impressed with Cody Ceci. I like his size and skating ability, but his creativity and decision-making didn't really stand out.
Ceci looks like a jack of all trades Master of none type of defenseman. I can't say I'm that interested in picking him with our pick.

Old
04-07-2012, 01:18 PM
LeafsColts13

vCash: 1400
Until the Colts get at least Hall, Beyers and O'Connor back, it will be a struggle for the colts to win this series. Even Sutch would be good for them right now instead of a Junior C player.

LeafsColts13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 01:44 PM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

vCash: 50
Yea Peter I agree with you on Mark as far as lots of production without needing to touch the luck much. He seems like a classic opprotunist and we really don't have that type of player on our roster right now. The closest thing might be Ladd but even then Andrew is so different. Mark is so decisive with the puck and can get it on and off his stick so fast which is refreshing. I will echo what others said but his defensive positioning and commitment was excellant.

My guess is that Mark will get a shot in camp and his 8 game trial again next year and allot will depend on how that looks. has he filled out a bit more physically, does he look better on puck possession battles, is his defensive game good enough? I am sure the organization is fully prepared to go the Eberle route and give him one more year in juniors but I am also pretty sure they will keep an open mind. the one thing I can say iafter watching him again last night is I will not sell him short....he has a dangerous feel to him and he really plays well with line mates.....fast mind, fast hands, quick reads.

I fully believe TNSE will do what is right for Mark's long term development First and foremost.

With Telegin we shall see.....my guess is a year in the Rock to see how his speed and shot translates at the next level. He is an exciting prospect though and like Mark he could kick the door down in camp and force his way into the line up.

ps241 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 02:14 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator

vCash: 200
Pickup Pearson if he's still available in the 2nd round, and you get two things:

1. The PST line - Pearson - Scheifele - Telegin
2. You get a line that played together for a good chunk of the year this year for the Colts.

Pipe dream, but potentially instant 3rd line.

YWGinYYZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 05:08 PM
dpenner

anyone ottawa resident jet fans going to the 67s colts game tomorrow??? i will be there with some winnipeg buddies

dpenner is offline   Reply With Quote