HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Who wins the Parise sweepstakes this off season?

Closed Thread

Old
04-06-2012, 09:51 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvalidUsername View Post
I hate to say it, but I think Boston does.

Parise broke out under Julien. They have a winning program, lots of talent to surround him with, and not just cap space but good cap management, meaning they can add him without shooting themselves in the foot in a year or two.
I think if you asked Parise, he would credit Brent Sutter most with turning him into the player he is today. It's certainly not Julien, I have no idea why Bruins fans continue to propagate this fiction that he owes his breakout to Julien.

Old
04-06-2012, 10:23 PM
InvalidUsername

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
I think if you asked Parise, he would credit Brent Sutter most with turning him into the player he is today. It's certainly not Julien, I have no idea why Bruins fans continue to propagate this fiction that he owes his breakout to Julien.
I'm not a Bruins fan.

I just see that he went from 14 goals and 30 points pre-Julien to 30+ goals and 60+ points with Julien. He had 65 pts the year after Julien left and then another big jump a year after that, but it all started with Julien moving him from low minutes to top line minutes.

Old
04-06-2012, 11:02 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
I'm not a Bruins fan.

I just see that he went from 14 goals and 30 points pre-Julien to 30+ goals and 60+ points with Julien. He had 65 pts the year after Julien left and then another big jump a year after that, but it all started with Julien moving him from low minutes to top line minutes.
I didn't say you are a Bruins fan (I know you said you don't want Boston to get him), but you might have noticed that many Bruins fans are making the same erroneous claim as you are, that Parise is likely to want to go back to Julien because he allegedly broke out under his tutelage.

My point is, stat watching gets you nowhere. Parise's natural progression as a player from his rookie year to minor stardom happened to coincide with Julien's year as coach, it had nothing to do with Julien developing him. Sutter and the style he brought to the Devils (and that DeBoer has continued) are what have gotten the best results out of Parise and turned him into an elite player. Julien has a reputation as a defensive coach, but believe it or not, he's not the one who honed Parise's defensive skills and turned him into the strong two-way player he is today, that was also Sutter.

Clearly it's silly to suggest that Parise would want to go reunite with his best coach in Calgary, because they are a team headed in the wrong direction. So how does it make any more sense to suggest he desperately wants to reunite with Julien, who really didn't influence him all that much? If Parise goes to Boston, that definitely won't be the major reason why, although the media might try to spin it that way with superficial logic and lazy analysis.

Old
04-06-2012, 11:09 PM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzburgh87 View Post
Pens if he ever wants to win a cup.
Yeah, because the Penguins have won soooooo many Cups lately.

It's so amusing. Everyone thinks the Penguins are this illustrious team, yet they have just as many Cups as the Bruins, Red Wings, Blackhawks, Canes, and Ducks post-lockout.

Quote:
I'm not a Bruins fan.

Do you really think Julien was the reason?

He was a rookie when he potted 14 goals and a 2nd year player when he potted 30 whatever. That is clearly a result of experience and getting better through playing, not because of a coach.

If he was a consistent 20 goal scorer and then scored 35 as a veteran under Julien, then yeah, I would understand the credit given. But not from a rookie who's stats jumped after a year in the league. Did the world really expect Parise to be a 15 goal scorer for his whole career.

This thread just won't die.

Old
04-07-2012, 01:25 AM
Gerbe42
Hodgson 2 Vanek

Buffalo .. drew stafford will help him pack his bags

Old
04-07-2012, 01:52 AM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

I assume Parise and Suter will be named co-captains of the US Olympic Team in 2014, somewhere between the draft and July 1st.

Old
04-07-2012, 06:35 AM
Human
cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevils3034 View Post
I think he would re-sign in NJ if offered a deal around 10 years, $71M.
what if the deal was $70M for 10 years?

Old
04-07-2012, 07:21 AM
jerrywally23*

As A Boston Fan I don't think we can afford Parise. We still have to resign Tuukka Rask and Chris Kelly not to mention the Cap is going down. I personally think Parise will resign with the New Jersey Devils

Old
04-07-2012, 07:37 AM
InjuredChoker

I think he's most likely signing with the Devils, especially if they get to the 2nd round or longer.

But with the rumored financial issues and if they lose to the Panthers.. I don't know, maybe he leaves.

Then I'd definitely see him going for a cup contender. Detroit, Boston.. possbily LA or Rangers

Old
04-07-2012, 07:59 AM
jerrywally23*

Boston only has 6 million in next year cap space and we still need to resign Tuukka Rask and Chris Kelly.

Last edited by jerrywally23*: 04-07-2012 at 08:00 AM. Reason: Forgot the s in has
Old
04-07-2012, 03:43 PM
InvalidUsername

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
I didn't say you are a Bruins fan (I know you said you don't want Boston to get him), but you might have noticed that many Bruins fans are making the same erroneous claim as you are, that Parise is likely to want to go back to Julien because he allegedly broke out under his tutelage.

My point is, stat watching gets you nowhere. Parise's natural progression as a player from his rookie year to minor stardom happened to coincide with Julien's year as coach, it had nothing to do with Julien developing him. Sutter and the style he brought to the Devils (and that DeBoer has continued) are what have gotten the best results out of Parise and turned him into an elite player. Julien has a reputation as a defensive coach, but believe it or not, he's not the one who honed Parise's defensive skills and turned him into the strong two-way player he is today, that was also Sutter.

Clearly it's silly to suggest that Parise would want to go reunite with his best coach in Calgary, because they are a team headed in the wrong direction. So how does it make any more sense to suggest he desperately wants to reunite with Julien, who really didn't influence him all that much? If Parise goes to Boston, that definitely won't be the major reason why, although the media might try to spin it that way with superficial logic and lazy analysis.
Sounds like you're making as many baseless claims as anyone.

Old
04-07-2012, 03:44 PM
InvalidUsername

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrywally23 View Post
Boston only has 6 million in next year cap space and we still need to resign Tuukka Rask and Chris Kelly.
But will Boston consider moving Thomas this summer?

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1157247

Old
04-07-2012, 04:09 PM
VanTampaFan

I honestly think it's gonna be Detroit. They have the cap space, the winning culture, and the good mix of players for him to join. It's probably going to happen.

I'd kill to see Tampa sign him though.

With the acquisition of Booth, there's no more room on the nucks.

Old
04-07-2012, 07:11 PM
Kelly23
Pedroia and Drew

Quote:
As A Boston Fan I don't think we can afford Parise. We still have to resign Tuukka Rask and Chris Kelly not to mention the Cap is going down. I personally think Parise will resign with the New Jersey Devils
Plus 4million for marc Savard that 10 mill and like the previous poster if we move Timmy thats 14 million pretty sure there is plenty of cap to sign Tukka Rask Kelly and Parise

Old
04-07-2012, 07:16 PM
O4GM

Toronto cuz Burke will be under lots of pressure to make a big move this off season

Old
04-07-2012, 07:48 PM
njdevilsjds
#CoryDays

Quote:
Originally Posted by O4GM View Post
Toronto cuz Burke will be under lots of pressure to make a big move this off season
Parise wants to win!

Old
04-07-2012, 08:50 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Johnny Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by O4GM View Post
Well then Parise should definitely help Burke save his job by going to a terrible team that he's not going to win on.

Old
04-08-2012, 11:18 AM
static80

The Sabres are going to move Thomas Vanek almost certainly this coming offseason, most likely at the draft.

If that is indeed the case, I see Zach in Buffalo without question.

Old
04-09-2012, 02:02 PM
North Metro Peewees

Quote:
Originally Posted by static80 View Post
The Sabres are going to move Thomas Vanek almost certainly this coming offseason, most likely at the draft.

If that is indeed the case, I see Zach in Buffalo without question.
Allow me to be the first to offer (if this is a salary dump):

Clutterbuck
2012 #7 overall
For
Thomas Vanek
3rd rounder

Old
04-09-2012, 02:07 PM
birddog*

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevilsjds View Post
Parise wants to win!
Probably why he is leaving Jersey.

Old
04-09-2012, 02:17 PM
BoldNewLettuce
Esquire

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevilsjds View Post
Parise wants to win!
Parise would rather play with the Nuge.

Old
04-09-2012, 02:27 PM
tjshisler

Quote:
Originally Posted by NM Squirts View Post
Allow me to be the first to offer (if this is a salary dump):

Clutterbuck
2012 #7 overall
For
Thomas Vanek
3rd rounder
Tempting. But personally I would only trade Vanek if we have already signed Parise. If Parise signs in Buffalo then I think this could work for Buffalo.

Old
04-09-2012, 04:07 PM
PlayMakers
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
That doesn't account for Savard being on LTIR.

They actually have $10m+ that they can spend.

04-09-2012, 04:21 PM
ashenhigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ladd View Post
That doesn't account for Savard being on LTIR.

They actually have $10m+ that they can spend.
I thought LTIR doesn't take effect during the offseason? Maybe I am totally wrong.

Meaning Savard's contract comes back onto the books between July-Oct 1

Old
04-09-2012, 04:46 PM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashenhigh View Post
I thought LTIR doesn't take effect during the offseason? Maybe I am totally wrong.

Meaning Savard's contract comes back onto the books between July-Oct 1
I THINK that you're correct. Only alleviates the crunch during the season as a provision for when players get hurt. If you knowingly sign a player with the assumption of putting someone on LTIR, I think it would be considered "knowingly circumventing the cap" (though it would be impossible to do so if we're correct in our assumption).

Closed Thread