HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Share your methods for deodorizing gears

Old
04-07-2012, 11:23 AM
Splitbtw
Rebuild? Refresh?

vCash: 500
Rubbing alcohol, water and a spray bottle. You can adjust your mixture but I usually use 2 parts rubbing alcohol to 1 part water. Spray the gear down and the alcohol will kill the smell. If your gloves leave smell on your hands or top hand even after showering, the rubbing alcohol works for that as well.

Splitbtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 09:15 PM
yankeecpt15

10 gallon drum, cup of chlorine, day in sun, drain,day in sun to dry

yankeecpt15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 04:55 PM
Saucy Dangles

Love the smell of my filth and stink! Its a constant reminder of how hard I've work to get my stuff to smelling this bad. Plus when your **** smells so bad, guys tend to give you room on the ice, and when you line up next to them because they don't want to be next to you. WIN!

Saucy Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 03:23 AM
jazz4all

use febreze it worked for me

jazz4all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 03:30 AM
dwreckm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitbtw View Post
Rubbing alcohol, water and a spray bottle. You can adjust your mixture but I usually use 2 parts rubbing alcohol to 1 part water. Spray the gear down and the alcohol will kill the smell. If your gloves leave smell on your hands or top hand even after showering, the rubbing alcohol works for that as well.
I use 50/50 mix, but that's what I do. Works good. I wash my jock shorts, socks, and jerseys though.

dwreckm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 09:45 AM
Lukko4

This is an absolute beauty product, really helps: http://rocketsportdryer.com/. Especially for people living in an apartment that don't have a lot of room. Buddy of mine has it, and raves about it.

Lukko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 10:20 AM
pshort

Every so often I take mine to the laundry mat. They have much bigger washers and a bit more durable than mine at home. THe only problem is that you really have to keep your eye on the dryer- gear starts hitting the door hard and a piece will fall out on the floor

To keep up the clean scent, I put dryer sheets in my bag. I use to put them directly inside my gear after they dry but that was a bad idea. They all fell out on the ice during a game because I forgot they were in there. When I came back from my shift everyone was asking why there was toilet paper on the ice. Haha. They were just flying around in the air... so embarassing.

pshort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 11:38 AM
TrueBlue86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukko4 View Post
This is an absolute beauty product, really helps: http://rocketsportdryer.com/. Especially for people living in an apartment that don't have a lot of room. Buddy of mine has it, and raves about it.
hmm was wondering if this can hold an entire set of equipment for a player

TrueBlue86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 11:46 AM
nightfighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukko4 View Post
This looks really promising. Surprisingly not a lot of distributors in the GTA though...

nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote