HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

#82 Rangers vs. Capitals

Old
04-07-2012, 08:52 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basement Cat View Post
I haven't watched any of your games with OTT this season but I see that they took the season series and I've read some of their fans saying that they matchup well with you guys. I look at both rosters and see that you guys have the advantage in offense, defense, and obviously goaltending, IMO. So, what is the deal? Do they matchup well with you guys or is that false?
They're too fast for us.

Silence Of The Plams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 08:54 PM
JeffMangum
Herrrooooiiinnnn

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
Yea it's called my opinion after failing to show up the last two games.

I mean I get to be over dramatic once a year after watching everyone overreact after every single game.
Rofl. Not sure if serious.

I'm in a foul mood right now so I may be being a bit harsh, but are you serious? These games were meaningless. It is indicative of nothing. The team is in first place OVERALL at game 82 and they're a joke? LMFAO.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 08:54 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
I haven't watched any of your games with OTT this season but I see that they took the season series and I've read some of their fans saying that they matchup well with you guys. I look at both rosters and see that you guys have the advantage in offense, defense, and obviously goaltending, IMO. So, what is the deal? Do they matchup well with you guys or is that false?
They are exactly the type of team that does not matchup favorably to our system. They aren't a great team, but they play a fast transition game which we have a hard time neutralizing.

Either we trap them(not sure if Torts is going to do that) or we try to win all the board battles on our forecheck(that is what they will be expecting and prepare for).

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 08:55 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Oh, and you've got to love the Devils getting gift-wrapped the worst team in the playoffs by a large margin.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
GAGLine

Ottowa doesn't scare me. They haven't been playing all that well lately. We control the game tonight, but the bounces went against us. Rest up and regroup.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post

I'm in a foul mood right now so I may be being a bit harsh, but are you serious? These games were meaningless. It is indicative of nothing. The team is in first place OVERALL at game 82 and they're a joke? LMFAO.
I'm sick of this, frankly.

We should've came out and **** on Washington for the Prez Trophy. There head wasn't in the game, and it hasn't been consistently for the past month.

It's not the past two games that has me worried, it's the entire last MONTH AND A HALF.

They need to rest and really reflect on how to tackle the PO's. They have the ability to beat anyone, now they have to execute like they did in January.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

Keep in mind that Tim Thomas pretty much always beats us.

So it's not so much as if we want to play you guys as much as it is not play Tim Thomas.

NyQuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 08:56 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:

They didn't want the Presidents Trophy?

Even if they didn't want it they still need to keep playing their game to be ready for the playoffs and not just cash it in. No matter the meaning of the game momentum isn't something you turn on and off. You want to go into the playoffs strong not back to back losses.

04-07-2012, 08:56 PM
BlessThisMess513

The Rangers are about to face something the likes of which this fan base has never seen. A friendly playoff series.

BlessThisMess513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 08:57 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Look even if the games are "meaningless" it is not a comforting sign to see your team get beat by 3 twice to end the year.

I'm not saying "zomg sweep" but this is not exactly the kind of confidence you want a team to display heading into the postseason.

04-07-2012, 08:57 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
It was in our control and we get IMO the worst matchup we could have asked for. Well done boys.

I sure hope they get their act together.

To be fair(playing Devils advocate), it could very well be the best possible matchup in terms of preparing for better opposition deeper in the playoffs. Especially if we have to play Pitt somewhere down the road.

We would be far better to deal with speed playing Ottawa then we would against Florida. Just sayin.

Old
04-07-2012, 09:00 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:

Yes, this team isn't a joke.

But those games weren't meaningless. Even if the Rangers players felt that way, it doesn't sit well seeing such a blue-collar team half-ass it out there right before the playoffs.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 09:02 PM
Maineice11

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
florida beat carolina....bring on ottawa

Maineice11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 09:04 PM
Ail
k.

What a message to send going in to the playoffs. They can't even solve Holtby. People talk about how the Rangers dominated the Caps. Oh yeah? Why? Because they had more shots on goal? Big ****ing deal, half of those shots were garbage. This team is the absolute best in the league when it comes to putting up 30-40 shots on net performances where 25-35 of them are all routine saves or soft shots to the chest. How many times do the Rangers absolutely dominate in SOG and the scoring chances are mostly really good? Goalies generally do not have to stand on their head to beat the Rangers. Which is why they routinely make rookies and back-ups look like Roy and Hasek. It's pathetic.

Oh yeah, and that little face-off issue is going to be the reason this team gets ousted in later rounds should they make it that far. I will bet on it.

Ottawa needs to play Ben Bishop every single game and they will win the series 4-0.

I can't wait to see this boards reaction if they drop the first game to Ottawa.

Anyway, let's hope they come ready to play this week.

04-07-2012, 09:05 PM
Basement Cat
RIP Loko

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
They're too fast for us.
Sweet avy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
They are exactly the type of team that does not matchup favorably to our system. They aren't a great team, but they play a fast transition game which we have a hard time neutralizing.

Either we trap them(not sure if Torts is going to do that) or we try to win all the board battles on our forecheck(that is what they will be expecting and prepare for).
Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
They do match up well against us.

Their speed seems to give us fits at time and they know how to defend a lead.

But I think we can beat them if we play out game.
Okay, thanks for the info guys. Good luck, I guess (err...I'm just gonna leave now).

Basement Cat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 09:06 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
I think it's just that they've had our number. Don't wanna downplay their three wins either but one came where we blew a three goal lead at MSG back in October and this team is far different than the one in October and another came at the beginning of March where we were playing some of our worst hockey of the year. I think this may be one of those cases where a team just plays well against another in the regular season but you see different results in the playoffs.

04-07-2012, 09:07 PM
GK
Not Jeeks

Good luck in the playoffs boys.

The only reason Sens fans would rather you over Boston is because Tim Thomas kills us every time. Its probably going to be a rough series for us, but just being in the playoffs is good enough considering most people didn't expect us to break out of the bottom 5.

GK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 09:11 PM
Rangerfan4life90

On vacation so missed the game.

Did hank simply bad or was the defense bad? We outshot them but lost 4-1 damn

Rangerfan4life90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 09:13 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK View Post
Good luck in the playoffs boys.

The only reason Sens fans would rather you over Boston is because Tim Thomas kills us every time. Its probably going to be a rough series for us, but just being in the playoffs is good enough considering most people didn't expect us to break out of the bottom 5.
Good luck to you guys as well. Should be a good series.

NYRFAN218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 09:14 PM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfan4life90 View Post

Hank simply bad. Hank simply very bad.

No, Hank wasn't terrible, but not Hank either.

Ail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 09:14 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:

Hank was the goat.

The defense wasn't great, but it wasn't god awful either.

Offense didn't have any cohesion.

Holtby outplayed Hank by a mile.

Old
04-07-2012, 09:15 PM
The Perfect Paradox

vCash: 50
Some of you here are fooling yourselves if you think OTT is the "worst possible first round match up".

As someone who greatly values statistics, the regular season series means NOTHING come playoff time. The perfect example of this was last season when we dominated the Caps in the regular season and did absolutely nothing in the playoffs.

Their defense and goaltending is average at best and while they do have Michalek, Spezza and Karlsson, their offense is relatively unimpressive. I would rather play the Sens over the Caps (who actually have offensive depth).

The Perfect Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 09:16 PM
Rangerfan4life90

Anything to do with hank's hand injury? Really hope that's not an issue come playoff time

Rangerfan4life90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Kel Varnsen
Below:Habs' WayToWin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
I'm sick of this, frankly.

We should've came out and **** on Washington for the Prez Trophy. There head wasn't in the game, and it hasn't been consistently for the past month.

It's not the past two games that has me worried, it's the entire last MONTH AND A HALF.

They need to rest and really reflect on how to tackle the PO's. They have the ability to beat anyone, now they have to execute like they did in January.
This post shows a fundamental misunderstanding about sports. The best team doesn't win every game.

Kel Varnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

Quote:

The best way I can put it is it looked like Hank and Holtby traded jerseys. We lost this game in between the pipes 110%.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote