HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Higgins Quote on Koivu

Closed Thread

Old
03-01-2006, 12:30 PM
slick_adonis

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sXe
Great post sir.
I also got the impression that Koivu really liked Higgins and I'm glad someone else mentionned it.
It's funny because I'm still not sure where or how I got that impression. Last night they showed the mic'ed up segments and you see Koivu's reaction to one of Higgins goal, it's hard to explain but it just seemed like Koivu has taken him under his wing.

I don't usually say things on just an impression because that opens the door to silly stuff and discussions on Rib's crooked headwear and the color of his shirts.

On the other hand, how can you not be a fan of Higgins. On other mic'ed segments you saw him joke around with Ryder and other time with Begin when he was on the 4th line. Since he now plays on the 1st line I guess Gainey likes him also.
Yeah, I noticed the same thing. I remember seeing Koivu's reaction to that Higgins goal the game it happened...and also in preseason, Koivu played on a line with Higgins and mentioned that he enjoyed playing with him.

Old
03-01-2006, 02:21 PM
Natural Habs Fan

vCash: 500
Saku = Hab for life.

That is all.

Old
03-01-2006, 02:25 PM
fufonzo

Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick_adonis
Yeah, I noticed the same thing. I remember seeing Koivu's reaction to that Higgins goal the game it happened...and also in preseason, Koivu played on a line with Higgins and mentioned that he enjoyed playing with him.
Ya, if you read that article on TSN, Koivu does have some nice things to say about Higgins.

Old
03-01-2006, 03:21 PM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Don't separate them. Koivu needs a finisher on his line like Ryder and he needs a hard working guy with the same on-ice work ethic as he has and Higgins is the man. I think those guys are tailor made for him and Koivu is a great fit for Ryder because Ryder gets open and Koivu can feed. They'll only get better.

Perezhogin will only get better with Kovalev as well. They have a nice chemistry and Kovalev really seems to take his mentor role to heart. Ribeiro I wish was dealt away and somehow Gainey pulled off a trade for Jokinen for draft picks. We would really rock then.

Old
03-01-2006, 03:31 PM
larue*

Higgs reminds me of a young Stevie Y. only faster with just a little less skill. All in all he is going to shine in Montreal for years.

Old
03-01-2006, 03:36 PM
Ross MacLochness

Quote:
Originally Posted by larue
Higgs reminds me of a young Stevie Y. only faster with just a little less skill. All in all he is going to shine in Montreal for years.

A little?

Stevie Y has 6 100 pt. seasons and is one of the greatest hockey players of all time.

Old
03-01-2006, 03:51 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Losco
A little?

Stevie Y has 6 100 pt. seasons and is one of the greatest hockey players of all time.
If Higgs had Stevie's shot......He'd be the leading scorer for years to come. I've never seen anyone compare the two...they're pretty different.

Old
03-01-2006, 04:35 PM
larue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Losco
A little?

So Higgs is only what 20 years old,,,,who are you to say he couldn't be the greatest player of all time...............time will tell.

Last edited by larue*: 03-01-2006 at 06:33 PM.
Old
03-01-2006, 05:06 PM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Higgins ....Carbo Part II

Does anyone else notice how Carbo and Gainey have rubbed off on this kid... very intelligent player, plays hard, and has a very underrated upside...he always had a wicked wrist shot.

This kid can be a quiet leader of the future. He's not a first line player, but a very high 3rd line checker who can fill in on the top two scoring lines when needed. Once he gets a few years unser his belt a 20-25 goal scorer with 30 being a very good year.
KEEP IT UP HIGGINS!!!

I also licked the number of blocked shots in last nights game. Gainey and Carbo are slowly changing the attitude of this team. Scarifice for your teammates and they will do the same for you.

I would also love to see Plekanec on the second line with Kovy and Perezhogin, i think the speed on that line would create a lot of scoring chances.. Ribs and Zednik need to part of a package to get us a top 4 Dman.

Old
03-01-2006, 05:14 PM
jcrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhabsfan
I would also love to see Plekanec on the second line with Kovy and Perezhogin, i think the speed on that line would create a lot of scoring chances.. Ribs and Zednik need to part of a package to get us a top 4 Dman.
I couldn't agree more - to me, Ribeiro really seems to be fighting the puck and when he loses it he rarely wins it back. Plekanec brings an extra gear as far as I'm concerned. He works at a higher speed and with more intensity than Ribs. I would give that combo a try if I were BG.

Old
03-01-2006, 05:19 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

Higgins was playing this way for years now before he even met Gainey and Carbo.
I love that he got #21 too.

Old
03-01-2006, 06:10 PM
redhothabs

I know people say that all the time, but I love our first line : Higgins/Koivu/Ryder!! Couldn't be better!!! IMO, this is the top top line we need, 2 young guys and very good experience!! Gotta love Higgins' game!!

Old
03-01-2006, 08:05 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
I think with Chipchura, it'll alll come down to skating. Higgins is an old style river skater. I worry about how strong on his skates Chip will be. I think his offense may be a bit underrated, esp. playmaking. I just hope that he's fluid enough to play in all matchups. Character wise, they both seem ideal.

The book on chipchura is that he's always in the right position which makes up for his skating ability.

I dont think chipchura's strength on his feet will be the issue. If he becomes a good shutdown guy, he will always have a valuable place in the NHL.

Old
03-02-2006, 12:05 PM
oli500

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
I think with Chipchura, it'll alll come down to skating. Higgins is an old style river skater. I worry about how strong on his skates Chip will be. I think his offense may be a bit underrated, esp. playmaking. I just hope that he's fluid enough to play in all matchups. Character wise, they both seem ideal.

If chipchura can stay injury free early hes going to be something. Hes got all the qualitys to become a star in this league. We got a very nice group of young talent starting with higgins,plekanec,perez,kost,chip and latendresse. They all bring something diferent. This year is just a taste of whats to come in the future. the habs should spend theire draft on D the next couple years because were good for ten years with are fowards.

Closed Thread