HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Losing the Presidents Trophy is a major letdown

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-08-2012, 12:02 AM
  #1
NHL94com*
 
NHL94com*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 47
vCash: 500
Losing the Presidents Trophy is a major letdown

This is a huge disappointment. I don't care what anyone says. One of the things I was so proud of in the 1994 season was not only being the best team in the playoffs, but also the regular season.

To piss away the best record in the league like this is terrible. Lundqvist, this is directed at you. You owe us bigtime in the playoffs, because your poor play down the stretch is a big reason vancouver is winning presidents trophy.

I'm so upset right now. We were so far ahead for so long and we just handed vancouver the title. But this team has noone to blame but themselves.

NHL94com* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 12:04 AM
  #2
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank
 
KingWantsCup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 5,396
vCash: 350
Umm... The Vancouver game isn't over, and it's relatively close. We really shoulda had it locked up by now but this thread is still a little premature.

KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 12:05 AM
  #3
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart
 
Kel Varnsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,108
vCash: 500
Disagree. It will put a further chip on this team's collective shoulder.

Kel Varnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 12:05 AM
  #4
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!
 
Stugots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 6,379
vCash: 500
25 times it has been awarded: only 7 of those teams have gone on to win the cup.

Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 12:06 AM
  #5
JayQueensNY88*
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,185
vCash: 500
Major let down,absolutly NOT!!! This team exceeded expectations by miles.This team was very successful..This is just something for ppl like you,to complain about.

JayQueensNY88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 12:06 AM
  #6
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 46,744
vCash: 50
Technically haven't lost it. Besides, there are only two winners in hockey. The Stanley Cup Champion and the team that picks first overall.

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 12:08 AM
  #7
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart
 
Kel Varnsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,108
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
25 times it has been awarded: only 7 of those teams have gone on to win the cup.
That's bad reasoning. 16 teams make the playoffs every year. It's always good to win, because in order to win you need to win. The fact that we have by far the best ROW is a good sign for the POs.

Kel Varnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 12:08 AM
  #8
Megustaelhockey
Global Moderator
Hybrid icing
 
Megustaelhockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 6,147
vCash: 500
Vancouver is an offensive powerhouse in a joke of a division. I think if you ask their fans, they're still not particularly happy with the season they have had. It means nothing to Vancouver - they need to win the Stanley Cup for their fans to get over themselves.

Megustaelhockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 12:08 AM
  #9
JayQueensNY88*
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL94com View Post
This is a huge disappointment. I don't care what anyone says. One of the things I was so proud of in the 1994 season was not only being the best team in the playoffs, but also the regular season.

To piss away the best record in the league like this is terrible. Lundqvist, this is directed at you. You owe us bigtime in the playoffs, because your poor play down the stretch is a big reason vancouver is winning presidents trophy.

I'm so upset right now. We were so far ahead for so long and we just handed vancouver the title. But this team has noone to blame but themselves.
Are you reeally that upset??????? Its a sport,a game,you dont play for NYR..there is a world beyond hockey bud.im as die hard as they get but i dont lose sleep over any sport.

Read this whole thread,please,lol read what you sound like!!!!!!!!!!

JayQueensNY88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 12:08 AM
  #10
Giacomin
Registered User
 
Giacomin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,840
vCash: 500
It would have been nice to win the Presidents Trophy but the only trophy that counts is the Stanley Cup. I don,t blame Lundqvist for the Rangers poor play in the past few games. As a Rangers fan I know that the Rangers will kick the Canucks ass if we play them

Giacomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 12:09 AM
  #11
Ail
k.
 
Ail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 17,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayQueensNY88 View Post
Major let down,absolutly NOT!!! This team exceeded expectations by miles.This team was very successful..This is just something for ppl like you,to complain about.
When you put it in this perspective, yes, winning the President's Trophy is rather insignificant considering that this team was pegged to be 5-8th seed in October. However when they are basically riding the top of the East and the NHL for a good part of the season, their rather unimpressive stretch is a letdown when the President's was still very attainable.

The only thing that could really make this season a disappointment is a first round exit. As long as they win a round or two of playoff hockey, this season is a "success."

__________________

Disintegrated MCL
rip
Ail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 12:12 AM
  #12
GamerZX101
Registered User
 
GamerZX101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Staten Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 113
vCash: 500
The team basically took the last two games off, so yeah we have a right to be angry. It is a letdown.

GamerZX101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 12:13 AM
  #13
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!
 
Stugots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 6,379
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
That's bad reasoning. 16 teams make the playoffs every year. It's always good to win, because in order to win you need to win. The fact that we have by far the best ROW is a good sign for the POs.
How is it bad reasoning? It is evidence that President's Trophy doesn't = Stanley Cup. I'm sure the 18 teams that have won the cup without winning the President's Trophy couldn't give a ****.

Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 12:14 AM
  #14
Megustaelhockey
Global Moderator
Hybrid icing
 
Megustaelhockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 6,147
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
How is it bad reasoning? It is evidence that President's Trophy doesn't = Stanley Cup.
No, but it does equal a banner. And for a team that's been around as long as we have, we don't have nearly enough of them.

Megustaelhockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 12:14 AM
  #15
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart
 
Kel Varnsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,108
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
How is it bad reasoning? It is evidence that President's Trophy doesn't = Stanley Cup.
Oh, if you want to restrict your point to that that's completely fair. But the way I read it seemed to suggest that winning the president's trophy makes you no more likely to win the cup, which isn't true.

Kel Varnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 12:16 AM
  #16
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!
 
Stugots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 6,379
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
Oh, if you want to restrict your point to that that's completely fair. But the way I read it seemed to suggest that winning the president's trophy makes you no more likely to win the cup, which isn't true.
No I think the teams at the top, including the Pres Trophy winners always have the best shot because they're the best.

Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 12:16 AM
  #17
ChipAyten
NYR-LFC-NYG-NYY
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New York City
Country: England
Posts: 3,831
vCash: 500
The president's trophy is more important than you guys think. It's something to take pride in and feel good about. It's not like the garden's ceiling is tight on banner space.

ChipAyten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 12:22 AM
  #18
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,418
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
25 times it has been awarded: only 7 of those teams have gone on to win the cup.
Those 18 teams would have lost without the Presidents' Trophy. Lundqvist blew the ****ing Presidents' Trophy and Vezina in one day. Well ****ing done. Well done by supposedly our best player.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 12:23 AM
  #19
theJUMPER
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 909
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
25 times it has been awarded: only 7 of those teams have gone on to win the cup.
28% are nice odds to me, as opposed to the 4.8% odds for those that don't win it.

theJUMPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 12:24 AM
  #20
1Knee1T
OHH MAMMA DONT U CRY
 
1Knee1T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 3,186
vCash: 500
Woe is me. Luckily there is still another trophy on the table.

1Knee1T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 12:25 AM
  #21
Ail
k.
 
Ail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 17,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Those 18 teams would have lost without the Presidents' Trophy. Lundqvist blew the ****ing Presidents' Trophy and Vezina in one day. Well ****ing done. Well done by supposedly our best player.
I don't see him losing the Vezina, but he certainly made the voting a little closer over the past 2 months.

Ail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 12:27 AM
  #22
Mrpuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: East Coast
Country: United States
Posts: 373
vCash: 500
Ummm two weeks ago most people here didn't even expect us to finish 1st in the conference. We did that with a few solid wins.

I don't think there is anything to be disappointed about.
The West is a MUCH easier conference to play in.

On top of this Vancouver plays the following teams 6 times each:

Minnesota
Calgary
Edmonton
Colorado

If only we could be so lucky...... We have not 1 but 3 other 100+ point teams playing us a large chunk of our regular season.

Mrpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 12:27 AM
  #23
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 46,744
vCash: 50
If anything, a Presidents trophy is a painful reminder of what should have been unless you win the Cup.

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 12:27 AM
  #24
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck
 
NYRFAN218's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 12,202
vCash: 500
I don't care. You play for the Stanley Cup, not the Presidents Trophy.

__________________
http://hfboards.com/image.php?u=53946&type=sigpic&dateline=1320361610
NYRFAN218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 12:28 AM
  #25
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers
 
Ih8theislanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bronx,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 13,571
vCash: 500
Would've been nice, but I'm eyeing a different banner.

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:58 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.