HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Bertuzzi could be on his way to montreal Pierre Maguire team 990

Closed Thread

Old
03-02-2006, 10:35 AM
Gros Bill

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aymand
No no no!!! its his execution not his execution!!! you know.. his execution.. I mean.. err..

I like a good old fashion stoning myself. Cheap, slow, and no harmful environmental side effects.
Now that's interesting, because, although we've had no burnings at the stake lately, stonings are still a regular occurrence, at least at my place.

Old
03-02-2006, 10:45 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill
Lions are so passť (you've seen one execution by lions, you've seen them all), but maybe we'd get good press, with Brigitte Bardot and "Sir" Paul finally on board.
But Kanye West is no helpless cuddly little baby seal or whatever. He's gotta be a bad gangsta frat boy. Even odds with the lions, eh? It'd be a spectacle even without Sir Paul and BB, though.
Quote:
And I'm not sure which side of the ocean you're on (or even which ocean you're referring to), but, where I live, we haven't had a burning at the stake in years, not since Pinotte got fired, in fact. Maybe it's Kyoto, maybe not.
Says something about the efficacy of your silly burning at the stake method, then, since Pinotte is still alive and well and President of the Alumni Association.
Quote:
To keep this post on topic, I thought Bertuzzi was the "executee". Mmm, Bertuzzi Burgers.
Oh? I thought it was Kanye's execution that was getting scored? I guess if he posts again, we'll know the roasted-Pinotte-burning-at-the-stake sissy method was used. 3.5/10 would be too high for such a failure.

Old
03-02-2006, 10:47 AM
Carbo N8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien
I don't know where you live, GB, but it looks like Kyoto isn't going to stop any burning-at-the-stakes anywhere my side of the ocean anytime soon. That said, wouldn't Kyoto affect the electric chair even more than burning at the stake? (Flash before my eyes, now it's time to die. Burning in my brain, I can feel the flame... works either way, though.)

Past that, I'd rather throw... whose execution is it again? oh yeah... Kanye West (afterall, we at war with terrorism, racism but most of all we at war with ourselves, sorry Kanye, get ready to walk with Jesus buddy)... I'd rather throw him to the lions or something like that. Give 'em a fighting chance.

- Blind "Commissioner" Gardien
Wow, are the mods on vacation or something.

I read his posts looking for a violation that warrants this kind of punishment & I gotta say, at worst a warning or maybe let him sit out for a week or two, but, execution. You guys are tough.

I am kinda warming to the idea, though, because frankly I've never seen one live & well, you know, try to experience everything in life at least once. Sorry, Kanye. So, let me know when & I'll try to be there & for those who can't make it live, I assume someone will have a camera & post or sell the photos/video for a reasonable price.

Slightly off topic, this post makes 500 for me & I'm kinda happy about that. It took me over 2 years to get here, so, we're not talking Hall Of Fame numbers or anything, but, thanks to those who have inspired me to respond with a post, it's been fun & educational at the same time, unlike my school years. But, I digress.

Last edited by Carbo N8: 03-02-2006 at 11:13 AM.
Old
03-02-2006, 10:51 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien
But Kanye West is no helpless cuddly little baby seal or whatever. He's gotta be a bad gangsta frat boy. Even odds with the lions, eh? It'd be a spectacle even without Sir Paul and BB, though.
Says something about the efficacy of your silly burning at the stake method, then, since Pinotte is still alive and well and President of the Alumni Association.
Oh? I thought it was Kanye's execution that was getting scored? I guess if he posts again, we'll know the roasted-Pinotte-burning-at-the-stake sissy method was used. 3.5/10 would be too high for such a failure.
Ok for Kanye West, then, I'm not picky. You up for a stoning?

Old
03-02-2006, 10:51 AM
AD

Quote:
Now that's interesting, because, although we've had no burnings at the stake lately, stonings are still a regular occurrence, at least at my place.
I'm happy someone hit that floater... I set em'up, you bat'em down GB.

Old
03-02-2006, 10:55 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Ok for Kanye West, then, I'm not picky. You up for a stoning?
I'm in if you are... so I would not feel so all alone, you understand. Full circle, eh?

Old
03-02-2006, 11:07 AM
mcphee

Kanye can't respond. They've got him in a trance. One hand's tied to the tight rope walker,the other's in his pants.

Old
03-02-2006, 11:39 AM
Istvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli500
im all for bertuzi. Look at what happen to heatly when he change scenary. thats what bertz needs maybe. We need a big guy like bertuzi. He could create so much room for guys like koivu and ribeiro. can you imagine if we get bertuzi and latendresse makes the team next year. bertuzi -center- lantendresse. that would be a pretty scary duo.
It's always good for felons and manslaughter type people to find new scenery. I'm so happy for them. The new scenery doesn't actually bring back any dead people nor does it un-fracture any cervical spines but the important thing is the happiness and well being of our felon and manslaughter type heroes.

But seriously, dripping sarcasm aside, McTavish turned his life around and became a decent human being after his tragic drunken driving episode years ago. I don't get the same feeling about Heatley or Bertuzzi and I wouldn't want either of them on the Habs.

Old
03-02-2006, 12:06 PM
montreal25m

I agree...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy
It makes no sense for the Habs to trade away a defenseman.
But..they also need a power forward desperately. Have to remember, Bertuzzi's trade value is the ultimate low right now, two years ago, you would be giving up a ***** load to land him. He still relativly young at around 30yrs old, he is capable of regaining his touch. He is a perfect Eastern Conference type of player. But you are right, need to fill the hole on the left side of the defense. I would think would pick up a rental for the season and see what he can fetch during the off seaon in the UFA market...

Old
03-02-2006, 01:30 PM
BigTimer*

Witt would come to Montreal and fix Souray's void. Why do you think Ribeiro's been on the first line in the past 5 games? Washington wants to see what Ribeiro can offer Ovechkin as his center.

I don't see how we could pass up getting a guy like Bertuzzi. Admit it, the fans here love blood. If he crushed some guy with a huge hit on his first shift at the Bell Center, do you think the fans would care that he almost killed a dude 2 years ago? Montreal can do either great or terrible things to a player and it's a risk worth taking when we're talking about a PPG power-forward.

Old
03-02-2006, 01:35 PM
Capitano

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal25m
But..they also need a power forward desperately. Have to remember, Bertuzzi's trade value is the ultimate low right now, two years ago, you would be giving up a ***** load to land him. He still relativly young at around 30yrs old, he is capable of regaining his touch. He is a perfect Eastern Conference type of player. But you are right, need to fill the hole on the left side of the defense. I would think would pick up a rental for the season and see what he can fetch during the off seaon in the UFA market...
I agree, this isn't Markov we're shopping around here...it's Souray. I mean I like the guy, I think he's a good team guy but Bertuzzi is the best power forward in the game. If the fans in Montreal could find it in their hearts to cheer for the guy, he'll rebound, no doubt in my mind.

Cap

Old
03-02-2006, 01:36 PM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
I do agree that Bertuzzi (like him or not) would be a great addition to the team. He is pretty much what our forward core needs. I'd still like to upgrade on defense aswell though. If we were able to get another vet (rental) on defense then trading Souray would be possible.

Old
03-02-2006, 01:50 PM
Habsaku

The more I think about it, the more I think Bertuzzi would be a great fit in Montreal. People here soon forget about these kinds of incidents. Plus, Gainey did a good job with underachieving Kovalev. Except about 10 games after his injury where didnt play up to par(which is understandable), Kovalev has been awesome for us this year. It would mean though, that we have Ribeiro for the next few years as we cant afford another 2nd line center. I can live with that.

Old
03-02-2006, 01:55 PM
Raider917

vCash: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
The more I think about it, the more I think Bertuzzi would be a great fit in Montreal. People here soon forget about these kinds of incidents. Plus, Gainey did a good job with underachieving Kovalev. Except about 10 games after his injury where didnt play up to par(which is understandable), Kovalev has been awesome for us this year. It would mean though, that we have Ribeiro for the next few years as we cant afford another 2nd line center. I can live with that.

id like bertuzzi a lot, but not enough to keep ribiero

Closed Thread