HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

#82 Rangers vs. Capitals

Old
04-07-2012, 10:47 PM
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
I turned off my DVR after the Caps went up 4-1. 4 goals on ****ing 17 shots? Is Lundqvist ****ing kidding. I won't call any of the goals soft although the first one I didn't like too much (still a screen is tough), but 4 goals on 17 shots. Can he make a ****ing save? Lundqvist gets outplayed by ****ing Holby? What a ****ing joke. What a way to finish the season. Now we get Ottawa the team that we have the 2nd worst eastern record against lose the Presidents' Trophy. How the **** do you give up 4 goals on 17 shots and call yourself an elite goalie? What the ****?
Not sure if serious or mocking the crazies overreacting on these boards...

Kel Varnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 10:51 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Dear god, it's simply unbearable to go on here after a loss. Unbelievable. And it's in a meaningless game to boot.

We outplayed them, we out-shot them, we out-hustled them and their goalie stood on his head.
It's not a ****ing meaningless game. Every ****ing competitor should hope for the best record in the league. Not to mention that Ottawa has schooled us this year. Gave us the most embarrassing loss of the year and 2 complete ass kickings. Only win we have was without Alferdsson in the lineup. This was not meaningless. This was ****ing *********. This team didn't show up. Lundqvist didn't show up. The only reason we're not a fringe playoff team is Lundqvist and he has been utter **** for a month and a half with one great start (against Philly) and a couple of decent starts, everything else was ****. Our all world goalie is playing an AHL scrub.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 10:52 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
Not sure if serious or mocking the crazies overreacting on these boards...
I'm dead serious. Although I said 4-1, I meant when they went up 4-0. 17 shots on goal for Washington and they score 4-0. None of the 4 goals were awful, but our vezina caliber goalie needs to make a save once in a while.

Old
04-07-2012, 10:54 PM
Kel Varnsen

Quote:
It's not a ****ing meaningless game. Every ****ing competitor should hope for the best record in the league. Not to mention that Ottawa has schooled us this year. Gave us the most embarrassing loss of the year and 2 complete ass kickings. Only win we have was without Alferdsson in the lineup. This was not meaningless. This was ****ing *********. This team didn't show up. Lundqvist didn't show up. The only reason we're not a fringe playoff team is Lundqvist and he has been utter **** for a month and a half with one great start (against Philly) and a couple of decent starts, everything else was ****. Our all world goalie is playing an AHL scrub.
Fine, you're off the bandwagon. Don't celebrate when we win from here on out. The lack of faith around here at ONE FREAKING GAME is astounding. This team literally is the best in the east all season, either best or second best in the NHL and that's not good enough for some of you. "Not 82-0? This is a bad team." That wasn't mocking people outside of here, it's ****ing self parody.

Old
04-07-2012, 11:05 PM
haveandare

Am I crazy or was Hank screened beyond all reason for two of those goals? I'm reading a ton of posts crapping all over the guy but I don't think any goalie would have been able to stop some of those shots.

haveandare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 11:19 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Fine, you're off the bandwagon. Don't celebrate when we win from here on out. The lack of faith around here at ONE FREAKING GAME is astounding. This team literally is the best in the east all season, either best or second best in the NHL and that's not good enough for some of you. "Not 82-0? This is a bad team." That wasn't mocking people outside of here, it's ****ing self parody.
Lundqvist pissed away the ****ing Presidents' Trophy and the Vezina Trophy in one day. An epic fail by him. When he sucks, he's one of the worst goalies I've ever seen. I really thought he turned the corner this year. Instead he's the same inconsistent goalie I've seen since he started playing for the team. The most talented and technically sound goalie in the game who's a ****ing mental midget that can't keep up a high level all year. I repeat 4 goals on 17 ****ing shots. You can stick a cardboard cutout of a goalie out there and get better results. And the rest of the team makes another ****** goalie look good. This team is a mirror image of the 2008 Giants. Best team in the league all year, lose 3 of 4, except for the clinching game. I won't be shocked if we get swept by a far more talented team that has a goalie that has actually stolen a series once.

Old
04-07-2012, 11:27 PM
Kel Varnsen

Quote:
Lundqvist pissed away the ****ing Presidents' Trophy and the Vezina Trophy in one day. An epic fail by him. When he sucks, he's one of the worst goalies I've ever seen. I really thought he turned the corner this year. Instead he's the same inconsistent goalie I've seen since he started playing for the team. The most talented and technically sound goalie in the game who's a ****ing mental midget that can't keep up a high level all year. I repeat 4 goals on 17 ****ing shots. You can stick a cardboard cutout of a goalie out there and get better results. And the rest of the team makes another ****** goalie look good. This team is a mirror image of the 2008 Giants. Best team in the league all year, lose 3 of 4, except for the clinching game. I won't be shocked if we get swept by a far more talented team that has a goalie that has actually stolen a series once.

I don't think this clip has ever applied better. I don't know where to begin. I doubt it's even worth it. You seem to have no understanding of hockey, the rangers, or an NHL season. This team has earned the fans respect and faith. Watch the end of the game, the fans cheered, they didn't boo. You're so very in the wrong right now. Sorry, but you are. And it's sad.

Old
04-07-2012, 11:28 PM
theJUMPER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esa 10 View Post
Exactly. A couple of our regular season wins over the Caps last year were blow-outs too. Didn't help in the play-offs, did it. I'd much rather face Ottawa in the 1st round than Philly or Boston for example, regardless of our far superior head to head record against those teams. Prefer facing Ottawa to going against the Caps as well. Only Florida would've been a more favorable opponent.
Some food for thought. This year's regular season records:

Ottawa-NYR 3-1
Wash-Boston 3-1
Philly-Pitts 4-2
NJ-Florida 2-2

Does this mean Wash is favored over Boston? Philly will have an easy time with Pitts? Florida is as strong a team as NJ? I think those would be silly conclusions.
This^

theJUMPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 11:30 PM
blue425

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
people are hilarious..........first in the East people........be happy the last game of the yr didnt mean making the playoffs or not

I have a hard time seeing this team losing 2 in a row to end the yr then 4 of 7 vs the Sens...........they got this one.....Hank will bounce back
As it has so many years in the past.

How many times have I heard people say "Just once I wish the Rangers would lock up a playoff spot before the last game of the season." And they did it. Weeks ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessThisMess513 View Post
The Rangers are about to face something the likes of which this fan base has never seen. A friendly playoff series.
Yeah. I can't see things getting too heated between us and the Sens fans.

Quote:
Truth.

When the buzzer sounded the boys were sent off to cheering. The regular season is over and they deserve to have it recognized for what it was. These guys have been the class of the NHL this season (and I hope for many more) and to discount that because they were a little flat in a meaningless game is asinine.

Even if they are falling apart.

EDIT- Beat me to it.

blue425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 11:31 PM
darko

Quote:
New rule: If you're off the bandwagon now, you're not allowed back on for the rest of the playoffs.

Agree.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 11:36 PM
Rangerfans

Quote:
Wow. Seriously. Just stop posting. Just stop.

You have no faith whatsoever. Don't you dare celebrate when this team wins.

You don't think this is going to piss the team off? I think some very effective and positive events can take place due to this.

Rangerfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 11:40 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:

I don't think this clip has ever applied better. I don't know where to begin. I doubt it's even worth it. You seem to have no understanding of hockey, the rangers, or an NHL season. This team has earned the fans respect and faith. Watch the end of the game, the fans cheered, they didn't boo. You're so very in the wrong right now. Sorry, but you are. And it's sad.
The team had a great season. They deserved to get cheered. Lundqvist is a ****ing underachiever and deserves to get booed. He has the talent and technical skills to be the best goalie to ever play this game. Instead he can't even win a ****ing Vezina because he falls apart like the mental midget he is. I'm going on record as saying unless his mental makeup changes we'll never win a cup with him in net, he'll never be a Hall of Famer, and will go down as the biggest choker and disappointment in history. A guy with all the tools to be the GOAT instead he's an inconsistent goalie that completely blows it for months at a time.

Old
04-07-2012, 11:44 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfans View Post
Wow. Seriously. Just stop posting. Just stop.

You have no faith whatsoever. Don't you dare celebrate when this team wins.

You don't think this is going to piss the team off? I think some very effective and positive events can take place due to this.
I'll give the team a pass against perhaps the best team in the league, who we don't match up well with (Pittsburgh) with Biron in net. But the team should have been pissed off today. They had a chance at the Presidents' Trophy and blew it. I don't care what anyone says. That's a HUGE accomplishment and in the tiny chance that we do make the finals, if it's against Vancouver I want the home ice.

Old
04-07-2012, 11:46 PM
MorrisWanchuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by haveandare View Post
Am I crazy or was Hank screened beyond all reason for two of those goals? I'm reading a ton of posts crapping all over the guy but I don't think any goalie would have been able to stop some of those shots.
I was at the game and right behind the line of the shots in the 100s. There is no way he saw them - he was completely screened.

MorrisWanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 11:47 PM
MorrisWanchuk

Quote:

Completely agree with this post

MorrisWanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 11:50 PM
IBleedNYRBlue

Quote:

IBleedNYRBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 11:54 PM
Cake or Death

Quote:

Wasn't worth it, but good post nonetheless and the clip has never applied better.

Cake or Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 11:56 PM
SnowblindNYR

I hate to keep going on and on. I can't believe how we finished this season. 2 straight losses. 2 straight blowouts. Lost 3 of 4. Lost the Presidents' Trophy. Likely lost the Vezina. Very similar to the 06 season. We're thankfully not playing a team that won 11 in a row and didn't lose our division. Lundqvist is not injured (though the way he's playing he might as well be), Gaborik (our Jagr equivalent) isn't injured. Still this is about as low as I've felt all year. A great season ends in disappointing fashion.

Old
04-07-2012, 11:59 PM
ltsthinaz

Couple of thoughts.

1. Over the last few weeks, team has opened up the ice to score more goals, and it appears to be a wrong strategy. They simply have to work too hard to score, just don't have the finishers, period. They need to get back to the grind-it-out, win 2-1 defensive style, strangulate other teams in the third period style they were playing.

2. Some players who need to pick it up if we're going to go far in the playoffs - Anisimov, Stepan, Fedotenko. Mitchell is both hopeless and useless, though he does not lack talent.

3. I do think Boyle is playing really well - he's become an excellent guy on the PK and he's playing with more energy. If he didn't have Brandon Prust-like stone hands, he'd really be a threat.

4. I'd much rather play Ottawa than Washington. Washington is on a roll, I think they will give Boston a run for their money if their goaltending holds up. I'd certainly go with Holtby over Neuwirth, who stinks (even when healthy). I expect NJ to steamroll Florida and I like Pittsburgh over the Flyers.

ltsthinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 12:00 AM
The Dark Passenger
HFNYR Blues GM

Quote:
I hate to keep going on and on. I can't believe how we finished this season. 2 straight losses. 2 straight blowouts. Lost 3 of 4. Lost the Presidents' Trophy. Likely lost the Vezina. Very similar to the 06 season. We're thankfully not playing a team that won 11 in a row and didn't lose our division. Lundqvist is not injured (though the way he's playing he might as well be), Gaborik (our Jagr equivalent) isn't injured. Still this is about as low as I've felt all year. A great season ends in disappointing fashion.
And if we win the Cup, which of these matter? If we won the Cup, who is going to look back and say "OH ****, Lundqvist didn't win the Vezina, we didn't win the Presidents Trophy!"? Seriously. They're regular season awards. They don't matter. The Cup is all that matters. Just move on and stop.

The Dark Passenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 12:01 AM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:
Tell us how you really feel.

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 12:02 AM
theJUMPER

Quick just lost the Vezina.

HA!

theJUMPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 12:04 AM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Passenger View Post
And if we win the Cup, which of these matter? If we won the Cup, who is going to look back and say "OH ****, Lundqvist didn't win the Vezina, we didn't win the Presidents Trophy!"? Seriously. They're regular season awards. They don't matter. The Cup is all that matters. Just move on and stop.
I don't see this team as a cup winner. They have 3 forwards worth a **** and their D and goalie have been utter garbage since February. Although mostly the goalie.

Old
04-08-2012, 12:08 AM
The Dark Passenger
HFNYR Blues GM

Quote:
I don't see this team as a cup winner. They have 3 forwards worth a **** and their D and goalie have been utter garbage since February. Although mostly the goalie.
So they don't win the Cup. Fine. Who cares if they won the President's Trophy or Hank wins the Vezina? Even if they won the Presidents Trophy, it would have been completely meaningless if they didn't win the Cup.Who is going to look back in five years and say, well, they bowed out in the playoffs but at least they won the President's Trophy? No one. It's the regular season. Once you're in the playoffs, it's meaningless. Look at the big picture. The point of the NHL season is to win the Cup, not to win meaningless regular season trophies.

The Dark Passenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 12:09 AM
ThisYearsModel

All childish bloviation. The new season starts now and everyone is 0-0. The Rangers earned 109 points in the regular season. Ottawa is not going to beat them 4 out of 7. It ain't happening. They deserved the ovation the Garden crowd gave them tonight. This is the best season performance in 18 years. I am delighted to have lived through it. Now, go for 16 more wins. If we avoid losing 2 in a row the rest of the way, we will win the cup.

ThisYearsModel is offline   Reply With Quote