HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > All other USA Amateur, USHL, NAHL, USNTDP etc.
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Do you follow the USHL?

Old
04-22-2011, 10:08 AM
Dakota Sioux

vCash: 250
Since the Fargo got the FORCE 2 years ago I have been following the league more closely. My first love is still my Fighting Sioux and college hockey but the USHL is becoming more relevant to me. In fact I will be going to their playoff game tomorrow against Dubuque in Fargo.

Dakota Sioux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2011, 12:33 PM
straka91*

vCash: 500
Once in a while. Go Stars!!! Fan since the 1998-1999 season.

straka91* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 08:41 PM
Comp

Haven't followed it that much, but the Phantoms play like 10 minutes from me.

Comp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 12:10 PM
crimsonace

Indiana Ice follower, have followed hockey at the high-minor, low-minor and now junior levels in Indy for 30 years, and have enjoyed the USHL level of play more than anything.

crimsonace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 01:10 PM
Edges7

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonace View Post
Indiana Ice follower, have followed hockey at the high-minor, low-minor and now junior levels in Indy for 30 years, and have enjoyed the USHL level of play more than anything.
How are your tryouts going? Any surprises?

Edges7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 01:43 PM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

vCash: 695
I sorta did when I lived in Indiana for four years for college, as I went to Indiana Ice games several times each year, but not so much since then.

No Fun Shogun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2011, 01:03 PM
Hnilickafan33

I follow the sioux city musketeers. I sldo used to collect game worn jerseys from the league and have a few I'd part with.

Hnilickafan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 01:39 PM
herbst20

Just found this board.......I grew up watching the Dubuque Fighting Saints in the 80s and 90s but moved to Cedar Rapids 5 years ago. We attend most Roughrider games but do not have seasons due to my work schedule.

herbst20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 09:55 PM
GLG12xx12
Go Leafs Go!!!!

Omaha Lancers fan here. I have lived and breathed Lancers hockey for the 17 years I have lived on this Earth. I unfortunately don't have season tickets due to me being a senior in high school and working till 9pm every night Mon-Fri. I am going to go to every weekend home game this year and hopefully every weekend game we play up in Sioux City and Lincoln (that is if I make it back alive after the 1st Lincoln game )

GLG12xx12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 04:27 AM
herbst20

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthLancer View Post
Omaha Lancers fan here. I have lived and breathed Lancers hockey for the 17 years I have lived on this Earth. I unfortunately don't have season tickets due to me being a senior in high school and working till 9pm every night Mon-Fri. I am going to go to every weekend home game this year and hopefully every weekend game we play up in Sioux City and Lincoln (that is if I make it back alive after the 1st Lincoln game )
Keep me informed on how Alex Lyon looks. He was with us for half the year in Cedar Rapids last year but didn't make coach Carlson's cut this year.

Old
09-18-2011, 10:48 AM
GLG12xx12
Go Leafs Go!!!!

I can do that. I am getting ready to head over to Omaha for the Lincoln vs. Omaha preseason game. It ought to be a good game. I am looking forward to seeing how this years team compares to last years inconsistent team.

Old
09-18-2011, 03:45 PM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

Watch out for Jimmy Murray. TINY player, but he's a sparkplug. Was fun to watch until Fargo screwed him over.

IkeaMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 08:20 PM
GLG12xx12
Go Leafs Go!!!!

Well the Lancers beat Lincoln 3-2 in the shootout. Jimmy Murry got our 1st goal in the shootout with a pin point bottem corner wrist shot. Alex Lyons played for 30min. and gave up 1 goal and then played the shootout and did decent. He had some good saves, but also had 3 go over his shoulder and hit the crossbar. He did great in the shootout. He stayed with the Lincoln shooters and even made 2 nice poke checks while the shooters were trying to be fancy. I am not yet satisfied with Alex Lyons though because of the 3 shots that went over his shoulder and hit the crossbar.

the Lancers as a team played great. You could tell that they wanted to be there and that they had the drive to win. It was a very fast paced game throughout the whole 60mins. They did good with their passing and winning battles for the puck, something that the previous years teams haven't been good at. Most all of the Lancers players have lots of speed and out rushed Lincoln to the puck. I would say the only thing they need to work on is execution because they had a couple open net shots that went wide because they tried to hammer it home instead of directing it in the net. They even had the execution problem down in Kearny Friday night from what I heard from people that went down there. They said they missed about 5 open nets because of them trying to hammer it in. Overall though I am very satsified with the way this team is playing and I think we could very well be a serious threat

Old
01-07-2012, 10:56 AM
rj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choate51 View Post
I go to about 15 Indiana Ice games a year. I especially love the 2 games we play at Conseco Fieldhouse. The kids love playing in front of 10-12k instead of the normal 3.5k at Pepsi Coliseum.
wow, you live in Columbus? I'm a Cummins employee.

have a lot of family around Indy and I'd like to go to an Ice game sometime when I'm up there, although I've been to the Fairgrounds to go to a race at the dirt mile and what a convoluted setup that is in there to find the arena and such; I remember a few years ago when I was at the Indy 500 I guess the owner of the Ice sponsored an Indycar and it actually had the lead for a lap with rain about to come pouring down; if it'd started pouring an Indiana Ice-sponsored car could've won the 500!

rj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 11:18 AM
IslanderPride
Fire & Ice

Dominick Sacco first USHL game, and scores on his first shot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wupq...feature=colike

Congrats Dom !!! can u sign the dent u put into my new car ..lol

IslanderPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 12:31 PM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamoAO View Post
Watch out for Jimmy Murray. TINY player, but he's a sparkplug. Was fun to watch until Fargo screwed him over.

Called it!

IkeaMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 12:57 PM
Badger36

Green Bay Gamblers fan here. I support Wisconsin hockey at all levels.

Badger36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 10:16 PM
BluesOne31
We going insane

vCash: 50
The backup and then 3rd string goalie for the Storm for the first half of this season was a few grades below me in high school so I would check on the Storm and see how they/he were doing but he recently moved to the NAHL.

BluesOne31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 11:47 AM
Choate51

Quote:
Originally Posted by rj View Post
wow, you live in Columbus? I'm a Cummins employee.

have a lot of family around Indy and I'd like to go to an Ice game sometime when I'm up there, although I've been to the Fairgrounds to go to a race at the dirt mile and what a convoluted setup that is in there to find the arena and such; I remember a few years ago when I was at the Indy 500 I guess the owner of the Ice sponsored an Indycar and it actually had the lead for a lap with rain about to come pouring down; if it'd started pouring an Indiana Ice-sponsored car could've won the 500!
Yes I live in Cbus, and I work for the same company.

The Ice actually sponsored Paul Tracy's car at the 500 this past year but his car wasn't fast enough to make the field. The fairgrounds is very odd, concerning setup, but it works. The arena really needs an upgrade on the audio as you can't hear anything from the P.A. system. Oh well, it's better than no hockey.

Choate51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 07:43 PM
SFKingshomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbodaze View Post
I root for the Sioux Falls Stampede. Lots of good players have come from the team. Dan Sexton, Chris LaRose, Nodl with the flyers, and Thomas Vanek!
TJ Oshie, Alex Goligoski, Stu Bickel, Ben Holmstrom are some more I can think of.

I've been going to Stampede games a few times per season for about 5 years. I went to the Clark cup finals when Kyle Okposo, Trevor Lewis, Jeff Petry from Des Moines beat us

SFKingshomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 07:45 PM
SFKingshomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFKingshomer View Post
TJ Oshie, Alex Goligoski, Stu Bickel, Ben Holmstrom, Ryan Thang, Corey Tropp are some more I can think of.

I've been going to Stampede games a few times per season for about 5 years. I went to the Clark cup finals when Kyle Okposo, Trevor Lewis, Jeff Petry from Des Moines beat us
I haven't followed the USHL this season but just picked up a schedule and plan to go soon when my fiances mother gets us free tickets

SFKingshomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 12:01 PM
herbst20

I have attended almost every Cedar Rapids Roughrider home game the last 3 seasons. Great entertainment and great hockey. I will miss the rest of this year as we are expecting our first child anyday now, but I am a USHL nut so I will keep up with everything...trades etc.

Old
01-30-2012, 07:24 PM
IceHog1962

I keep an eye on the Cedar Rapids Roughriders (my hometown, even though we moved to Illinois in '72 I'll never forget it) and the Waterloo Black Hawks (grandparents lived there).

IceHog1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 11:38 PM
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion

vCash: 50
My cousin plays in the league so I follow him.

MurrayBannerman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 03:20 PM
Gearhead82
Saginaw Gears 72-83

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H* View Post
Since I played in the league I do.

I like Waterloo because they have a very respectable franchise. But now I have a few friends that play in it so I watch them more than teams.
Who did you play for? I was living in Omaha when the Lancers came to town and had a winless first season. I've attended games in Green Bay, Dubuque, Sioux City and Des Moines as well. Also, Madison, Wi when they had a team.

Gearhead82 is offline   Reply With Quote