HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brayden Schenn

Old
04-07-2012, 11:54 PM
Larry44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafer97 View Post
I'm wondering what his value is in a trade with the Leafs, in a one for one+ deal like Schenn for Colborne+2nd or something like that.
Oh for heaven's sake. The Leafs only have two players who could start on the Flyers right now, Kessel and maybe Phaneuf, as he might be better than Bourdon with Meszaros out.

No one wants your garbage. No one is going to give you a great young player like Brayden Schenn for nothing.

Brian Burke blew his chance at Brayden when he acquired Gerber in a pathetic attempt to make the playoffs. All he did was end up blowing his lottery chances and getting stuck with Kadri. Good luck with that.

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 04-09-2012 at 07:14 PM.
Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 05:33 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
Oh for heaven's sake. The Leafs only have two players who could start on the Flyers right now, Kessel and maybe Phaneuf, as he might be better than Bourdon with Meszaros out.

No one wants your garbage. No one is going to give you a great young player like Brayden Schenn for nothing.

Brian Burke blew his chance at Brayden when he acquired Gerber in a pathetic attempt to make the playoffs. All he did was end up blowing his lottery chances and getting stuck with Kadri. Good luck with that.
Grabovski, Lupul....

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 04-09-2012 at 07:14 PM.
Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 05:56 AM
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher

Grabovski is a center and I'm not sure who he'd replace.
As for Lupul, sure. Maybe. Not sure who he'd replace in the top 6 either and it's very obvious he's NOT a bottom six player even on a team that rolls even four scoring lines from time to time.

Vikke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 06:05 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikke View Post
Grabovski is a center and I'm not sure who he'd replace.
As for Lupul, sure. Maybe. Not sure who he'd replace in the top 6 either and it's very obvious he's NOT a bottom six player even on a team that rolls even four scoring lines from time to time.
There are wingers who's spot he could take if given a chance from training camp. I love Simmonds, but that's who's spot he'd likely have IMO. Maybe Simmonds would take Rinaldo/Wellwood/Zolnierch-whatever's slot on the fourth line.

Grabovski is a tougher fit. It's tempting to say he'd replace Briere with Briere's injury riddled season and age. But when Danny B flips that play off switch, he's one bad little man.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 06:15 AM
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher

Yeah, but if you replace Simmonds with Lupul you wouldn't have a guy who's one of the best in the league down low on the boards, both with and without the puck. And that particular skillset fits Danny Briere's game like a glove.

Obviously Lupul is a more talented player when it comes to pure offense, like dangling, shooting and passing, but Simmonds, in my opinion, is a better fit with Briere.

Vikke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 09:23 AM
Broad st phantom

Schenn has to much upside to trade away imo right now.

Broad st phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 09:28 AM
F L Y E R S
Orange & Black

Jesus christ, Leaf fans and their love of proposals. Also, can people stop already with their obsession of reuniting the Schenn brothers.

F L Y E R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 07:07 PM
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft

Schenn has started to play great beside his brother will be here next year so he wont be traded..

BleedOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 03:21 PM
FlyersFanz
aut viam inveniam au

Why would you get rid of Brayden Schenn? I would trade JVR before getting rid of an up and coming 20 yr old like Schenn. Flyers have the youngest team in decades with great potential they shouldn't trade any youth away. The only problem I still see in the Flyers is solid goaltending even though Bryz has come together of late. If the Flyers have a chance at getting Miller in the off season I say do it, Buffalo will lose Miller because of his salary.

FlyersFanz is offline   Reply With Quote