HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I'm calling it now...I was wrong, folks. I'm here to take my lashings!

Closed Thread

Old
04-07-2012, 05:01 PM
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
YNWA

vCash: 500
Awards:
Getting into the playoffs by the skin of our teeth every year wasn't the goal of the rebuild. So I see where people are coming from when they say it isn't good enough.

Old
04-07-2012, 05:28 PM
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!

This should also be a lesson on "patience". Sometimes situations don't get better even if you do give them time. St Louis recognized that they had a problem early on, so they made the change right away.

Result? Division Championship, home ice advantage, and one of the best records in the NHL.

The Kings waited until the last possible moment to make their moves. Sure, they made the playoffs, but where could they have been if they had made the changes when it was clear to everyone that what they were doing wasn't working?

Old
04-07-2012, 06:04 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP View Post
This should also be a lesson on "patience". Sometimes situations don't get better even if you do give them time. St Louis recognized that they had a problem early on, so they made the change right away.

Result? Division Championship, home ice advantage, and one of the best records in the NHL.

The Kings waited until the last possible moment to make their moves. Sure, they made the playoffs, but where could they have been if they had made the changes when it was clear to everyone that what they were doing wasn't working?
I think you hit the nail on the head Pat.

I agree that DL waited too long to make the move that everyone knew had to be made and also that had DL made the move sooner we might have finished higher up.

That said I still believe as I have most of the season (post R.I.P. TM) that we are more than capable of doing some serious damage in the playoffs.

I think our overall expectations remain the same as they have since the start of this season and that is that we make it past the 1st round of the playoffs.

Now it is debatable as to how far past the first round we go but most everyone agrees that this is the season that we are expected to make it up the ladder one more step.

I will continue to reserve judgement until the playoffs are over (or some judgement) but if we accomplish making it into the second round (or further) then I will believe that we had a very successful end to a very challenging year.

In that I will be very satisfied since we will have taken ourselves one step closer to our actual goal of winning a stanley cup.

It won't matter how we got/get there as long we got/get there.

Old
04-07-2012, 06:19 PM
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
It won't matter how we got/get there as long we got/get there.
Amen!

Old
04-07-2012, 06:22 PM
ReverseSweep
Kingspiracy.

Quote:

Okay, I'll agree here.

It's not as much fun on this side though.....

Old
04-08-2012, 12:08 AM
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!

Quote:
Sorry to break up the lovefest, but the team is 60 minutes away from finishing 8th.
I was wrong - it was 64 minutes

Closed Thread