Ate you confusing Ullman with Alex Delvecchio? Ullman was a runner up for the Hart Trophy.
i think in system of voting used today, ullman probably would have won the hart.
bobby hull completely dominated the 1st half voting (88 of 90), b/c he scored nearly a goal per game.
although hull slumped and got injured in the 2nd half, and finished only 4th in scoring, but still won the hart b/c of his 1st half. hull's 2nd half: 15 of 90.
mikita won art ross, but ullman was a close 2nd, led the NHL in goals, and DRW finished 1st.
ullman was 2nd to hull in 1st half voting, and dominated 2nd half voting.
1964-65 HART: (324/324, 162-162)
1. Bobby Hull, Chi LW 103 (88-15)
2. Norm Ullman, Det C 96 (22-74)
3. Gordie Howe, Det RW 35 (9-26)
4. Roger Crozier, Det G 24 (8-16)
5. Charlie Hodge, Mtl G 16 (16-0)
6. Henri Richard, Mtl C 15 (11-4)
7. Stan Mikita, Chi C 14 (1-13)
8. Jean Beliveau, Mtl C 5 (1-4)
T9. Alex Delvecchio, Det C/LW 4 (0-4)
T9. Johnny Bower, Tor G 4 (0-4)
T9. Jacques Laperriere, Mtl D 4 (3-1)
T12. Bob Baun, Tor D 1 (0-1)
T12. Claude Provost, Mtl RW 1 (1-0)
T12. Ted Green, Bos D 1 (1-0)
T12. Bill Gadsby, Det D 1 (1-0)