HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

#82 KINGS @ SHARKS, 4/7/12 ... WTF Boys ? Hold a lead PLEASE !

Old
04-08-2012, 12:27 AM
Fishhead

vCash: 500
Some bad bounces tonight. Bring on Vancouver. This team can beat anyone and you can bet they will be ready.

For those of you who think they faded down the stretch... They took 21 of a possible 28 points. Wins would have been nice the last 2 games, sure, but 23 out of 28 points is a tall order. 9 of the 14 games were against playoff teams. This team was dead in the water and they turned it around and took control.

Vancouver got 19 out of their last 28 points. Pretty good, until you notice that they've only played 3 playoff teams in that span.

Fishhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Vic Vinegar

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
The last two goals scored by SJ were deflections off Kings sticks. Not sure why people are hanging Quick.
Because knee jerk reactions are fun!

The Kings played well. Weird bounces like those don't happen that often.

Vic Vinegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShattStar03 View Post
Same choking characteristics they displayed last year in important games are resurfacing now. Why shouldn't we not expect this?
Playoff's are different games, I am pretty sure I can pull up threads and Quote's were people said the same things you are saying now.

Kings get swept ETC. NO kopitar BOO HOO.

The Kings made it a series, that's why you play the games.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 12:28 AM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Im more happy to verse vancouver instead of St.Louis. Lol sharks fans must be thrilled they made a great comeback to finally go meet their maker. Lulz

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 12:29 AM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
Meh, how we get into the playoffs really isn't all that important.

It's what we do in the playoffs that really matters.
Momentum matters a little bit quite frankly. Two playoff appearances and both of which the Kings get steamrolled.

Couple things we do have going for us though in the playoffs.

1. Sutter is our HC and will actually motivate the troops and doesn't put up with any BS. I also want to add that Sutter does make adjustments. Something Murray never did.

2. Kings are more aggressive, this hurt us versus SJ since the sharks are the best counter attack team in the NHL. I think an agressive approach vs Vancouver will work. The Bruins beat them By being agressive.

3. New additions in Carter and Richards. They have a ton of experience in these situations. That will help.

Most importantly though, Quick is going to have to show up or we got no chance. How he does could determine his future in LA.

DryIslandBartender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Kings were mostly coasting too, what difference does 7th and 8th make? Even Kopitar wasn't trying.

Old
Fuhryous

Hey guys and gals...Oilers fan popping in to wish you guys the best of luck against the Canucklescrapers. Don't despair though, you have the power of Darryl Sutter behind the bench. He's seen enough of the Canucks during his days with the Flames that he may be bat**** crazy enough to have figured out their game play and how to shut them down. He did it in the '04 playoffs, he'll get the troops' heads in the game to do it again in '12.

As Johnathan Toews said last year, they are a beatable team. Expose them as such.

Fuhryous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 12:30 AM
SLang

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP View Post
I was just wondering the same thing. Does it take a series win to save his job?
It damn well better.....three straight first round exits isn't exactly glowing praise.

SLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Wawota

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
so when are carter and daniel set to return.
Hell -- where was Drew Salary and Kopichoke?

Wawota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Does dean really keep his job by finishing 8th in year 6?
Let's see how the playoffs play out.

Would you rather finish 8th and go far in the playoffs or win the division and be ousted in the first round?

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Mr Irreverent
Put me in coach!

The entire organization is a joke. Im rooting for St. Louis and Phoenix.

Mr Irreverent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 12:31 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerniernextRoy View Post
Momentum matters a little bit quite frankly. Two playoff appearances and both of which the Kings get steamrolled.

Couple things we do have going for us though in the playoffs.

1. Sutter is our HC and will actually motivate the troops and doesn't put up with any BS. I also want to add that Sutter does make adjustments. Something Murray never did.

2. Kings are more aggressive, this hurt us versus SJ since the sharks are the best counter attack team in the NHL. I think an agressive approach vs Vancouver will work. The Bruins beat them By being agressive.

3. New additions in Carter and Richards. They have a ton of experience in these situations. That will help.

Most importantly though, Quick is going to have to show up or we got no chance. How he does could determine his future in LA.
At least your post has some sanity in it. Jesus Let the Kings play the games out before we start bashing them.

Quick is pretty much the only reason the Kings stayed a float at the mid point.

Now he is a scrub ? let the Guy play the games, then you can turn on your rage people.

Old
04-08-2012, 12:31 AM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShattStar03 View Post
I wouldn't call the third one "lucky".

Couldn't you recall the 5 beauties that Quick allowed Thursday night which was a playoff-esque game?
Quick had 1 bad game out of the 15 he was stellar in down the stretch most of which were must win games? Say it aint so!

Muzzinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 12:32 AM
likid

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLang View Post
I made an assumption, if it was a bad one, consider it retracted. But with 51 posts I'm not familiar with your work.
I'm kings fan who watch Kings games closely since Kopi emerge and for sure not so much emotionally attached as you guys. I do believe that from the distance I see things more rationally. And I usually wake up at 4.30 am to watch kings game live...

But anyway, mood swings on this board are really amazing. That's why I say have a little bit more faith in your Kings. They already show you that they are capable to play as everybody expect them to play.

All matches this season against Vancouver were close and the same will be this series.

likid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 12:34 AM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

I agree, some of the players were coasting in the third. Especially Brown and Kopi. They better bring it!!!

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 12:34 AM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
At least your post has some sanity in it. Jesus Let the Kings play the games out before we start bashing them.

Now he is a scrub ? let the Guy play the games, then you can turn on your rage people.
I would pretty much not ever bash Quick at this point of the season. I think why we lost, really doesn't have anything to do with him, and a whole lot to do with the two guys who continue to make the penalty box a semi-permanent home whenever they take the ice. And those two guys are probably going to get a lot of ice time. It's very concerning.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 12:36 AM
SLang

OK, I am already over how we finished the season. Here's the reality: before tonights game, in the Kings last 20 games they were scoring at a 3.05 GPG pace. The 20 games before that? 2.00 GPG. Yes, that's right, a more than 50% increase. If they did that all year they'd be top 5.

That pace wins a lot of games. I'm going to start looking at it that way.

Plus, I'm looking forward to seeing Burrow's face getting punched in.

Old
04-08-2012, 12:36 AM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Guys you really need to calm down about tonights game, both possible opponents are going to be difficult, did you really expect the kings to go full effort on a meaningless game?

Old
04-08-2012, 12:37 AM
null33

WTF. **** the NHL.

I'm glad I didnt renew.

null33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 12:37 AM
SLang

Quote:
Originally Posted by likid View Post
I'm kings fan who watch Kings games closely since Kopi emerge and for sure not so much emotionally attached as you guys. I do believe that from the distance I see things more rationally. And I usually wake up at 4.30 am to watch kings game live...

But anyway, mood swings on this board are really amazing. That's why I say have a little bit more faith in your Kings. They already show you that they are capable to play as everybody expect them to play.

All matches this season against Vancouver were close and the same will be this series.
Glad we're on the same side!

Old
04-08-2012, 12:39 AM
null33

Consecutive holds/interferences, late in the third, and no call?

No CallSS?

Awful.

Old
04-08-2012, 12:39 AM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post

Nobody said he's a scrub. Just a little disappointing we have to keep seeing the same outcomes in these critical games. I don't know if we are seeing Quick's ceiling or not.

Either way Sutter is seeing the same thing that I am. He's been challenging Quick quite a bit in his public statements. I think the organization (DL) wants to see Quick go to another level before committing to him. It's also why Bernier hasn't been traded anywhere despite some offers.

DryIslandBartender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 12:40 AM
null33

Still... It'll be fun to face the Canucks.

Especially after Doughty's comments last week.

Old
04-08-2012, 12:42 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerniernextRoy View Post
Nobody said he's a scrub. Just a little disappointing we have to keep seeing the same outcomes in these critical games. I don't know if we are seeing Quick's ceiling or not.

Either way Sutter is seeing the same thing that I am. He's been challenging Quick quite a bit in his public statements. I think the organization (DL) wants to see Quick go to another level before committing to him. It's also why Bernier hasn't been traded anywhere despite some offers.
Critical games were about his last 20 starts, He was fine, actually outstanding.

I have no idea what you guys want from the man. He had a Vezina type season.

Let him play the playoff games.

Old
04-08-2012, 12:42 AM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

OK, ******** officially purged. Now it's time to get ready for the playoffs. Stay positive, it's healthier!

Worst Case: Kings lose to the Canukcs, been there done that. Not a big deal.

Best Case: Upset the Cancuks. It will be amazing!

DocWest is offline   Reply With Quote