HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Any other habs fans feel "empty"?

Old
04-08-2012, 01:53 AM
beh3moth

vCash: 500
Any other habs fans feel "empty"?

Well, the regular season is over and that's it for our Habs. Looking at the playoff boards re-instated and not having the optimism for the cup and competition of playoff hockey is absolutely terrible. As much as Montreal needs a #1 C and how the majority bandwagoned for tanking, this sucks. I'd take the 8th seed over 1st overall any day of the week, call me a sucker.

beh3moth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 02:01 AM
Sweeney

I was a tanker but I feel empty too... sucks

Sweeney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 02:18 AM
Alexdaman

vCash: 50
With the game against Toronto and the fans reactions afterwards I don't feel so empty I think next year is going to be a lot brighter than this one.

Alexdaman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 02:24 AM
hockeyman*

nha not really, I've come to that realization a few weeks ago that our season was done. I really think we should use this season as a blessing in disguise you know, like we haven't had a draft pick this high in how long? I think our offseason will be more entertaining then our actual season.

hockeyman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 02:32 AM
BobbyFischer*

Not at ALL.

8-7th place just to get knocked out in 4-5 games? meh.

OR

top 3 pick to draft a potential star who will be with us for years?

I choose option #2 and guess what... I ain't even mad.

BobbyFischer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 02:33 AM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

It's ****** but we'll get over it. It's a unique chance to rebuild and we, the fans and the team, should embrace it. This is rock bottom and it's not gonna happen again any time soon.

The Russian General is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 02:38 AM
Kue
Interviewing for GM

No, or rather not yet. The last two weeks have been hell, just knowing that the season was going nowhere, and there was nothing really to cheer for. Then today came around, and I dunno, I came to the realization this would be it, and turned on HNIC to enjoy the Habs one last time. We're not going to see a game until October, so I (and hopefully other fans) damn well enjoyed the last one and were ready to let go of the season.

Now ask me again in 2 weeks and I might feel empty then. But right now, I'm just enjoying owning the Leafs one last time and will try to ride that over the summer.

Kue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 02:38 AM
schumway2

Not really because it's what needed to happen for the jokers who were in charge to get canned. Now we can (potentially) build the team properly with good people at the helm. Only thing that sucks is the draft is not as strong as recent ones. We'll get a good player, maybe not a great player.

schumway2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 02:40 AM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

I felt empty since the sad summer of the gomez trade and the other guys signings.

I just don't understand how could people be so thrilled about it when it happened ( the signings mainly ) , this core was horrible and while I do feel empty , at least now I have something to look forward to , which I didn't have when we were trapped with these losers.

BenchBrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 02:40 AM
nfld77

Guys, as a Bruin fan, I know how you feel. Thing is, our teams have always been among the elite year after year, heck pretty well 4 decades. We made the playoffs 21 straight years and then finished dead last and taking Joe Thornton 1st overall as you all know. We did trade him but that also was why we could get a player like Chara, draft Bergeron in the 2nd round , then Krejci. We drafted Lucic 54th overall 4 years ago and then the monster gift we received from the Leafs. Not only Seguin, Hamilton and Knight but also Rask for Raycroft. Not many years after finishing dead last, we won the Stanley Cup.

Being a Bruin fan, I'm probably the last fanbase you wanna hear from now. But the hoest to God thing is: We're spoiled, Habs/Bruins have always had good/great teams and when we have an off year, we're stunned and wondering what the hell just happened. Take Chara off Boston for a full season and I dunno if we'd make the playoffs. Losing Markov was a major blow and I really hope {especially for the sake of him}he has a healthy 2012-13..

Again, we picked Jumbo Joe and made the playoffs the next year. You guys could very well win the lottery and pick 1st overall and if not, you're still gonna get a terrific young player plus all your 2nd rd picks!!

Before you know it, this season is forgot about or rememberd as the summer draft of a New Beginning.

Happy Easter, Best of health and God Bless Hab fans. Good luck in the June draft and 2012/13!!!

nfld77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 02:42 AM
shortcat1

Empty?

Nope. Not at all. I enjoy being a Canadiens fan, no matter what happens. I've enjoyed being a Canadiens fan since 1960. I've been through the highs of the 60's & 70's and the lows of the other decades and it's all good.

This doesn't pay my mortgage. It doesn't assure my income. It doesn't shorten or extend my life. It doesn't hit where, in the end, it counts in my life.

The sun will rise again tomorrow.

I'll enjoy the next developments. I'll live more highs, more lows, more encouragements, more disappointments, more of being a Canadiens fan.

Empty? Nope. Not at all.

shortcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 02:43 AM
DrunkenHabz

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyman View Post
nha not really, I've come to that realization a few weeks ago that our season was done. I really think we should use this season as a blessing in disguise you know, like we haven't had a draft pick this high in how long? I think our offseason will be more entertaining then our actual season.
Exactly, this needed to happen if the team ever desire a future in which we don't just fight for the 8th spot each year with no more motivation than to barely make the playoffs. With a top 5 pick, our chances to draft a future franchise player go way up.

It was also very important that the Habs sucked or else, Gauthier would've stayed.

DrunkenHabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 02:46 AM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfld77 View Post
Guys, as a Bruin fan, I know how you feel. Thing is, our teams have always been among the elite year after year, heck pretty well 4 decades. We made the playoffs 21 straight years and then finished dead last and taking Joe Thornton 1st overall as you all know. We did trade him but that also was why we could get a player like Chara, draft Bergeron in the 2nd round , then Krejci. We drafted Lucic 54th overall 4 years ago and then the monster gift we received from the Leafs. Not only Seguin, Hamilton and Knight but also Rask for Raycroft. Not many years after finishing dead last, we won the Stanley Cup.

Being a Bruin fan, I'm probably the last fanbase you wanna hear from now. But the hoest to God thing is: We're spoiled, Habs/Bruins have always had good/great teams and when we have an off year, we're stunned and wondering what the hell just happened. Take Chara off Boston for a full season and I dunno if we'd make the playoffs. Losing Markov was a major blow and I really hope {especially for the sake of him}he has a healthy 2012-13..

Again, we picked Jumbo Joe and made the playoffs the next year. You guys could very well win the lottery and pick 1st overall and if not, you're still gonna get a terrific young player plus all your 2nd rd picks!!

Before you know it, this season is forgot about or rememberd as the summer draft of a New Beginning.

Happy Easter, Best of health and God Bless Hab fans. Good luck in the June draft and 2012/13!!!
There's no Thornton this time around.

BenchBrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 02:57 AM
Shaby23

Already putted an X to this season since December. So no, i don't feel empty at all . Just can't wait for the lottery draft to move on from hockey for a long long time.

Shaby23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 03:04 AM
Vinc360

I'm trying to distract myself with the whole Nordiques coming back thing... I feel like that + the firing of Gauthier is the first step towards a return to our former glory. Anyone feel the same way? Other than that... I feel weird. I've felt like this since the very beginning of the season. Something was wrong the whole year. Even in the preseason and before that.

Vinc360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 04:57 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaby23 View Post
Already putted an X to this season since December. So no, i don't feel empty at all . Just can't wait for the lottery draft to move on from hockey for a long long time.
This pretty much sums up my feelings. I'm beyond the feeling empty stage because the habs found themselves out of the playoffs a long time ago.

Right now, I feel alot of excitement and anticipation because the team is going to be under new leadership, and a new direction. Also, its uncharted territory to see the habs involved in a lottery so that will be fun to watch too.

It also helps to know that this season is most likely an aberration. Unlike teams such as the oilers, and jackets, there's already a few established peices in the habs puzzle which should assure that the habs wont be back in the lottery again and again. It almost feels like a luxury bonus that the habs have stumbled into a lottery situation this year.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 05:55 AM
Dekar

Quote:

An awesome and welcomed sentiment, thanks for that!

Dekar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 06:18 AM
Help
Help Yourself

I was absolutely obliterated drunk last night to see Habs make the Leafs lick dog **** on the last day of the season, no emptiness here, man

Help is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 06:19 AM
Alexdaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenchBrawl View Post
I felt empty since the sad summer of the gomez trade and the other guys signings.

I just don't understand how could people be so thrilled about it when it happened ( the signings mainly ) , this core was horrible and while I do feel empty , at least now I have something to look forward to , which I didn't have when we were trapped with these losers.
Even when we reached the conference final? No Gomez was good for a year and then god knows what happened in his life so that he started sucking sooo much.

Alexdaman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 06:42 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

based on the posts I saw last few months, I'm surprised you guys arent extatics (sp) we lost so many games.

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 07:22 AM
AcadiaAxeMan

Send a message via MSN to AcadiaAxeMan Send a message via Yahoo to AcadiaAxeMan
Classy Guy! (I mean man!..not as in Lafleur/Carbonneau)

Thanks man - Go Saux!!

Quote:

AcadiaAxeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 07:38 AM
baldrick

There's no where to go but up. As others have said it may be a blessing in disguise,
new management and a top five draft pick. What's important now is what is done in preparation for next season.

baldrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 07:50 AM
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

This season means change. What kind of change? I don't know. But hope is always preferable to depressing mediocrity which was the norm before.

Captain Smurf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 07:52 AM
Adamcrazy3

Why feel empty when the season was full of *****!

Adamcrazy3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 08:08 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

It was one of those years where very little goes our way. However the silver lining is getting a top #4 pick(possibly #1). Plus a lot of our prospects had great years(Tinordi Beaulieu Gallagher Ellis Dietz etc).

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote