HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Buffalo - Columbus and Edmonton

Old
04-07-2012, 06:28 PM
PHIFLY28

vCash: 500
I LIKE buf and edm as trade partners the west is TOO stacked in size,skill,and toughness so
to edm:
myers
to buf
2nd/3rd OV-lander/pitlick/hamilton
deal?

PHIFLY28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 07:06 PM
rockinghockey

As an EDM fan I am not interested in Vanek's 7.1mil cap hit and I have watched Pysk play and even though he is having a good year I am not interested in him as a prospect.

Start with Myers or forget about it.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 07:31 PM
DJN21

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHIFLY28 View Post
I LIKE buf and edm as trade partners the west is TOO stacked in size,skill,and toughness so
to edm:
myers
to buf
2nd/3rd OV-lander/pitlick/hamilton
deal?
no deal

DJN21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 09:32 PM
PanicItsVanek26

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJN21 View Post
I agree but I dont think the difference in value between the 1st pick and lets say the 13th(Buffalos) is another 1st, 2 2nd's, our best center, our best center prospect and our best wing prospect (armia)....when you consider armia was a recent 1st and adam a recent 2nd thats essentially:

3 1st
3 2nd's
Derek Roy

to move from 13 to 1? No thanks
I agree. Yakupov is not worth that to me.

PanicItsVanek26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 12:13 AM
Layne Staley
The Future

These proposals are ridiculous , to the people saying it's not enough, get a grip the difference between # 1 and the # 12 pick is not an extra 1st, 2 extra 2nds and our last 2 1st round picks.

What equal value is for #1 overall is #12+Nashville 1st (mid 20s)+Cgy&Buf 2nd (both in the ~43 range) along with a prospect like Luke Adam and even that is overpayment. An extra 1st+2 extra early 2nds and a future top 6 forward is easily worth 11 spots.

And no I wouldn't trade Myers for #2 , this draft does not have that elite, surefire top prospects that most drafts do... Nail & Grigorenko don't look like future PPG players to me... I'm weary of drafting Russians early ( see Zherdev, Filatov)

(Kovy, Ovechkin, Malkin were different, they were surefire prospects, Nail and Grigorenko aren't)

Layne Staley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 12:51 AM
Evgeni Giroux

Wouldnt even consider Myers for #2 overall. I doubt buffalo has what it take to
Move up

Evgeni Giroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 02:06 AM
Doug19

vCash: 50
No thanks. You want #1 you can send Myers and your 1st rounder and we will call it a deal.

Doug19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 02:41 AM
Jagemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug61 View Post
No thanks. You want #1 you can send Myers and your 1st rounder and we will call it a deal.
Haha, holy overpayment batman! While were in the ballpark of insanity, you can toss RNH in the mix and call it a deal

Jagemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 03:04 AM
Layne Staley
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug61 View Post

Sorry, Calder winning franchise d-men are worth more then a #1 pick when there are no surefire franchise prospects. And you want a first as well?

Tyler Myers just to move up 11 spots, that will never happen because its terrible value for Myers.

Layne Staley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 03:38 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke View Post

To Columbus:

- Joel Armia
- Luke Adam
- Jhonas Enroth
- 2012 1st Rnd Pick (Buffalo)
- 2012 1st Rnd Pick (Nashville)
- 2012 2nd Rnd Pick (Buffalo)
- 2012 2nd Rnd Pick (Calgary)
I would do it.

To Myers, we have two very good defensive lines, why him?

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 05:09 AM
oilsands
shut 'em down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddieBisco View Post

Sorry, Calder winning franchise d-men are worth more then a #1 pick when there are no surefire franchise prospects. And you want a first as well?

Tyler Myers just to move up 11 spots, that will never happen because its terrible value for Myers.
Tyler Myers is not worth a #1 or #2 pick in this draft.

Edmonton laughs at the proposal, Vanek and his cap hit over Yapukov/Grigorenko/Murray/Dumba?

No.

oilsands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 08:03 AM
stokes84

Send a message via AIM to stokes84
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilsands View Post

Edmonton laughs at the proposal, Vanek and his cap hit over Yapukov/Grigorenko/Murray/Dumba?

No.
That's fine, you can hope and pray you're draft pick develops into a player as good as Myers. Probably won't happen in this draft class. And even if they do, Myers will pay off faster because his prime years are approaching while you will be developing your pick. Yakupov is the only one who looks like a sure bet. The rest could do very well, but it wouldn't be surprising if any of them never reaches Myers's level. I'll keep Myers. Edmonton can keep spinning their tires. Eventually they'll gain some traction and take off, we hope.

stokes84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 08:05 AM
stokes84

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA0402 View Post
Buffalo has only one asset good enough to pry that pick away.
Maybe you've never seen Tyler Ennis. But we won't be trading him anyway. But to say we only have one asset good enough is wrong.

Old
04-08-2012, 11:22 AM
static80

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipsADrive View Post
That's a lot of pieces to Columbus but unfortunately I don't see one in there that will really want to make them make that trade. I think they would want elite talent rather a bunch of good/decent pieces. Not a Columbus fan though so maybe their fans will think differently.

For the Oilers I'd pass as well although I think it's a decent proposal. We can take a forward with our pick we get him for cheaper, longer and there's even the possibility he might end up better than Vanek. It adds a lot of salary that we need to spend on resigning our young stars and on fixing our atrocious defence. Pysyk is a guy I'd really like to get too but not enough for me to pull the trigger on this trade.

If the Oilers trade their pick I'm guessing it would be for a relatively young but still established star defenseman. Any come to mind?
Excellent analysis, and, as a Sabres fan, I tend to agree with your thoughts here.
Although I must say, I do wonder if some immediate NHL proven D help were thrown in for Edmonton if it may sway them a bit.

static80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 11:24 AM
static80

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilsands View Post

No.
I believe 30 NHL GM's and a slew of analysts that would disagree with your Myers opinion.

You may be correct on Vanek, but then again, it's probably incorrect as Lowell was the guy that forced the Vanek contract, so I'm going to giggle at that comment.

static80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 01:26 PM
Eskimo44

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddieBisco View Post

Where did this idea come from that Yakupov won't be a franchise player? He's considered a sublime talent, and will almost certainly be a ppg guy for years.

Eskimo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 01:34 PM
Ludicrous Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by stokes84 View Post
Maybe you've never seen Tyler Ennis. But we won't be trading him anyway. But to say we only have one asset good enough is wrong.
Myers for the top pick, at least in a vacuum, is good value. Ennis for that pick is certainly not. So yes, you do only have 1 asset that is good enough to pry that pick away.

If you were talking about Ennis in a package, again it could be good value in a vacuum, but there would need to be other good pieces added on top of Ennis.

Ludicrous Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 02:42 PM
Chayos

Quote:
That's fine, you can hope and pray you're draft pick develops into a player as good as Myers. Probably won't happen in this draft class. And even if they do, Myers will pay off faster because his prime years are approaching while you will be developing your pick. Yakupov is the only one who looks like a sure bet. The rest could do very well, but it wouldn't be surprising if any of them never reaches Myers's level. I'll keep Myers. Edmonton can keep spinning their tires. Eventually they'll gain some traction and take off, we hope.

This is homer talk my friend. Myers was a great pick a few years ago, but there are a lot of good people in the top 5 of this draft and a couple of elite players. This is a case of you seeing how good Myers is without considering what these other players will turn into. Murray may never be as big as Myers, but there is a chance he turns out as good or even better. Grigorenko may be a 90 point center with size before he is done and then you will feel pretty foolish about your statment above.

I am not saying Buff should do this deal, but to write off the prospects from this draft so easily is foolish. Look at Stamkos, no one in their right mind saw him as a 60 goal scorer in his draft year, sure he looked good, but not that good.

Chayos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 03:01 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludicrous Speed View Post
Myers for the top pick, at least in a vacuum, is good value. Ennis for that pick is certainly not. So yes, you do only have 1 asset that is good enough to pry that pick away.
Miller in a vacuum is good value for the pick too. Problem is, it's not in a vacuum and as such goalies don't hold as much value as franchise forwards.

Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 03:47 PM
Happy Hallidays
We are the 18%

Edmonton

2nd Overall
Gagner

Buffalo

Myers
Adam

?

or

2nd Overall
Horcoff

for

Vanek
Adam
Pysyk

Happy Hallidays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 03:52 PM
DJN21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Hallidays View Post
Edmonton

2nd Overall
Gagner

Buffalo

Myers
Adam

?

or

2nd Overall
Horcoff

for

Vanek
Adam
Pysyk

I'd do the second trade just to clear vanek's cap so I could turn around and let stafford make a sales pitch to parise lets alone the fact that we'd have 3 first rounders then lol.

Old
04-08-2012, 03:52 PM
stokes84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludicrous Speed View Post

If you were talking about Ennis in a package, again it could be good value in a vacuum, but there would need to be other good pieces added on top of Ennis.
Since Ennis returned from injury and he was moved to center, he's played like a top 5 center in the entire league. I would say he and Myers have equal value. Ennis may even have more.

Old
04-08-2012, 03:59 PM
DJN21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayos View Post
This is homer talk my friend. Myers was a great pick a few years ago, but there are a lot of good people in the top 5 of this draft and a couple of elite players. This is a case of you seeing how good Myers is without considering what these other players will turn into. Murray may never be as big as Myers, but there is a chance he turns out as good or even better. Grigorenko may be a 90 point center with size before he is done and then you will feel pretty foolish about your statment above.

I am not saying Buff should do this deal, but to write off the prospects from this draft so easily is foolish. Look at Stamkos, no one in their right mind saw him as a 60 goal scorer in his draft year, sure he looked good, but not that good.

This is the thinking thats wrong with valuing draft picks on this board, its the largest catch-22 I've ever seen.

People claim that the #1 pick has so much value and even if someone tried to argue that claim someone like yourself always states "You dont know how so-and-so is gonna turn out they could be the next big star."

but by that logic i could use that same argument that any pick #2-the end of the draft could turn out to be the next big star.

If your going to use logic like that then how do you possibly value the #1 or #2 pick higher than the #12 for example (using Minny,EDM, and Buff as a context in this thread).

Old
04-08-2012, 03:59 PM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Hallidays View Post
Edmonton

2nd Overall
Gagner

Buffalo

Myers
Adam

?

or

2nd Overall
Horcoff

for

Vanek
Adam
Pysyk
Unless Horcoff's value is -9000 I don't know why Edmonton does the second deal. Pysyk and Adam are nice pieces, but them and Vanek aren't worth a second overall.. I would take it without batting an eye as a Sabres fan. Even though I'm really high on Psysk(not so much on Adam).

Stop Winnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 04:07 PM
murdoq

Quote:
Since Ennis returned from injury and he was moved to center, he's played like a top 5 center in the entire league. I would say he and Myers have equal value. Ennis may even have more.
i like ennis, but no. i think myers is valued higher than him around the league.

from a sabres pov i would consider moving myers for the 1st pick. but i wouldnt hesitate a second trading ennis for the 1st.

murdoq is offline   Reply With Quote