HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Habs 4-1 Leafs. Season is over

Old
04-08-2012, 01:45 AM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 1100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezle View Post
might have to see how Kadri plays out because Kadri is probably closest comparison to Patrioreety regarding talents since Kessel is probably better than most of the Montreal players.
As of now kadri is very far from max but the leafs have a few wild cards. A lot of ppl are down on schenn and kadri for example. They can easily improve and surpass expectations. Kessel is a franchise player, only guy on Montreal to have a greater impact is Carey price. Even that is arguable. There's no denying Phil's talent level. He's a keeper.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 03:24 AM
4evaBlue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaItalia View Post
Frost thinks that Schenn will get traded but I see him as the type of player that Carlyle believes can be improved.

You guys think he goes?
If he was the price to move up to #2 overall pick, Burke would probably drive him to the airport himself. There's no way the Oilers are not picking the BPA.

4evaBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 03:50 AM
Jerkini

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4evaBlue View Post
If he was the price to move up to #2 overall pick, Burke would probably drive him to the airport himself. There's no way the Oilers are not picking the BPA.
I'm not convinced moving up to 2nd overall is worth Luke Schenn. It reminds me of the last time the Leafs traded their 2nd round pick to the Islanders to move 2 spots to draft Luke Schenn. Hindsight's a *****, but i'm sure we would have been quite happier with a Colin Wilson or Cody Hodgson at 7 and whoever else we could have had at 37.

Jerkini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 04:14 AM
Sonny21
Registerd User

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBuzzo View Post
Goal differential puts us ahead of Anaheim. Thank you Boston?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
I mean this sincerely. Good luck in the off-season guys. Hopefully we both are much better teams next year. Tank was strong this year but let's hope we actually have wins to cheer about next year.
Habs will be better next year. At least you guys have the foundation pieces in Price, Subban, Max pac. Adding a 3rd overall pick also. Cole has been so good for you guys. Habs are in much better shape then Leafs (Price really tips the scale).

In any case, yeah hopefully both of us are in playoffs next year.

Last edited by Sonny21: 04-08-2012 at 04:20 AM.
Sonny21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 06:45 AM
legendinblue
LEAFS SUCK

Thanks God this season's over.

Old
04-08-2012, 02:28 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny21 View Post

Habs will be better next year. At least you guys have the foundation pieces in Price, Subban, Max pac. Adding a 3rd overall pick also. Cole has been so good for you guys. Habs are in much better shape then Leafs (Price really tips the scale).

In any case, yeah hopefully both of us are in playoffs next year.
Problem is, habs have a lot of vets as well. I doubt we'll see Cole get another career year.

Old
04-08-2012, 02:49 PM
LetzgoEggo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojac View Post
Hard times? Good grief! It's just a stretch of lousy seasons by a friggin' hockey team not the second coming of the Great Depression.
Obviously those who (want) to take the statement out of context are free to do so. I feel "hard times" is clearly in reference to "as a leaf fan" rather than a statement about life in general.

LetzgoEggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 03:09 PM
Sonny21
Registerd User

Quote:
Problem is, habs have a lot of vets as well. I doubt we'll see Cole get another career year.
Maybe, but one of our downfalls this year was the lack of vets. As long as your main core is young, it's good to have a mix.

What's the sense in Montreal in terms who your scouts like? Everyone assumes it's Grigs but who really knows.

Sonny21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 05:52 PM
theboss

Quote:
Maybe, but one of our downfalls this year was the lack of vets. As long as your main core is young, it's good to have a mix.

What's the sense in Montreal in terms who your scouts like? Everyone assumes it's Grigs but who really knows.
Gally of Forsberg if grigs is gone

theboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 06:10 PM
beauchamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by -DeMo- View Post
with our luck the 6-8 team will win the lottery and move us down to 6th haha
And don't forget team 9, as I already said.

The odds (I don't know if someone already posted this):

#1: 8.1%

#5: 74.7%

#6: 17.2%

beauchamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 06:28 PM
KingTY

was at the game.....pretty Zzzz since I wanted the Leafs to lose and I hate MTL, weird not cheering for anyone lol

KingTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 06:34 PM
onebighockeyfan

Quote:
Cole having another great year is most likely than many of the Leafs underachievers having an amazing year next year. Schenn, Connolly, Armstrong, Komisarek, Reimer, Gustafson, Franson, Kadri, MacArthur, Lupul, Phaneuf, Lomardi....the list goes on and on and on. We should concentrate on the Leafs problems not the Habs.

onebighockeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 08:23 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:

I think it's grigorenko or forsberg, but I'd be lying if I heard any news from our scouts. There is a particular poster on habs board who knows Timmins and talks to him from time to time, he may have the inside track, but I doubt he'd release Timmins' list out of respect. We'll just have to wait and see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelletier666 View Post
Cole having another great year is most likely than many of the Leafs underachievers having an amazing year next year. Schenn, Connolly, Armstrong, Komisarek, Reimer, Gustafson, Franson, Kadri, MacArthur, Lupul, Phaneuf, Lomardi....the list goes on and on and on. We should concentrate on the Leafs problems not the Habs.

I feel Schenn will bounce back. Kadri will likely start making a serious push, dunno about the rest though.

Old
04-09-2012, 10:39 AM
Skipee

I turned the game off after the short handed goal, but people who actually stand up for that bumbling oaf Phaneuf boggle my mind. I mean, Gardiner and Phaneuf just standing there at the blueline flatfooted with Plecky charging straight at Gardiner? Really?

Skipee is offline   Reply With Quote