HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Witt

Closed Thread

Old
03-02-2006, 05:00 PM
Miller Time

vCash: 500
Witt

I know that there were many posts on him here earlier in the year, but given the impending deadline, and that McPhee has stated that he is trying to accomodate his trade request, I'b be pleased to see gainey bring him in...

I haven't seen him play much, but his stats are pretty damn good all things considered...
+'s = He's only -1 as the number 1 d-man on a team that's given up 220 goals this year, and it's not like he's putting many points on the board to offset goals against.
Though he isn't an point getting guy, he is on pace for career best point totals

-'s = He has a large number of PIM's

I'd do Ribeiro for Witt straight up (yes, I am one of those eager to see ribs wearing another teams sweater),
Otherwise, how about this multi-player deal:

To Wsh: Ribeiro, Streit, 2nd 06

To Mtl: Witt, Clark, Yonkman

reasoning: I'm not sure if Ribs is a UFA or RFA at the end of the season, make the pick a 3rd if he's a RFA...

Mtl gets D size, grit and depth, and a solid 3/4 liner who I got to see a lot of during the flames run, and is a dependable role player.
Wsh gets some offensive help for Ovechkin, a Dman that can man the point on PP (which they seem to lack big time) and a pick to further their youth movement.

playoff push roster...

Kovalev- Koivu- Perez
Zednik- Pleks- Ryder
Bulis- Bonk - Higgins
Downey- Begin- Clark
sundstrom, murray, kots

Markov Rivet
Souray Komisarek
Dandenault Witt
Bouillion, Yonkman

Closed Thread