HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

Jeff Friesen

Closed Thread

Old
02-28-2006, 03:23 PM
Aucoin3

vCash: 500
Jeff Friesen

Hello I'm about to say something which I'm sure everyone here will disagree with. Why not try to build a team for next year at the deadline this season instead of dumping bodies. I would love it if the Islanders brought Friesen in from Washington as they are sure to be dumping him. Friesen is having a tuff season this year in Washington hampered with injuries and bad play, however he has proven himself to be a clutch player and is still only 29 years old. He is a 20 goal 40 point guy that plays his heart out, kills penalties and shoots left handed!!! Wouldnt it be nice to have a lefty on the team. Instead of 9 Right Wings. Let me know what you think.

Old
02-28-2006, 03:30 PM
CosmoKramer

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aucoin3
Hello I'm about to say something which I'm sure everyone here will disagree with. Why not try to build a team for next year at the deadline this season instead of dumping bodies. I would love it if the Islanders brought Friesen in from Washington as they are sure to be dumping him. Friesen is having a tuff season this year in Washington hampered with injuries and bad play, however he has proven himself to be a clutch player and is still only 29 years old. He is a 20 goal 40 point guy that plays his heart out, kills penalties and shoots left handed!!! Wouldnt it be nice to have a lefty on the team. Instead of 9 Right Wings. Let me know what you think.
Another middle of the road player which we seem to have too many of allready
I say just work the kids in and see which of them look like the can play minutes in the nhl.

Old
02-28-2006, 04:22 PM
MattyW

If we want Friesen, we can just sign him in the off-season.

Old
02-28-2006, 04:54 PM
crashthenet

Quote:
I don't know if Freisen is the guy, but your logic is not flawed. If you work under the premise that you can pay him less next year by bringing him in this year and signing him to contract that includes more money for the remainder of this season? I like jeff, by the way.

Old
02-28-2006, 09:33 PM
NYIsles1*

Quote:
You make some good points of Friesen, I would not mind him on the Islanders.

Only thing I disagree with is trading something to get him at the deadline, you rebuild your team at the deadline (with a lame-duck gm) you limit your new gm and his moves later on and you have to hope you can resign Friesen and setting yourself up to lose him for nothing if you cannot.

Old
03-02-2006, 10:56 AM
Fan101

Good Idea

Quote:
In spite of the fact that the Rangers were supposedly rebuilding with youth, they actually brought in alot of 30 something players in Straka, Rucinsky, Rucchin, Malik, Rosvival etc. Even though we have supposed forward grit in Parrish, Bates, Asham and Yashin; Friesen would be a solid addition.

Old
03-02-2006, 11:01 AM
Seph

Send a message via AIM to Seph
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan101
In spite of the fact that the Rangers were supposedly rebuilding with youth, they actually brought in alot of 30 something players in Straka, Rucinsky, Rucchin, Malik, Rosvival etc. Even though we have supposed forward grit in Parrish, Bates, Asham and Yashin; Friesen would be a solid addition.
That is likely the first time I've heard Yashin referred to as "forward grit."

Old
03-02-2006, 11:25 AM
7:11 of OT
Call my Monkey Butch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph
That is likely the first time I've heard Yashin referred to as "forward grit."
I think the first 2 letters of grit were mis-spelled!

Old
03-02-2006, 11:27 AM
heatley15

vCash:
Friesen Would actually be good with a team going to the playoffs.

Old
03-02-2006, 11:30 AM
Capt Reynolds

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7:11 of OT

Old
03-02-2006, 12:09 PM
Killer Carlson

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7:11 of OT
VERY nicely done, 7:11!!!

Old
03-02-2006, 12:25 PM
Fan101

Be Fair to Yashin

Obviously things have not worked out here for Yashin but he is still a solid player and a perfect fit to play with Ovechkin in Washington.

Old
03-02-2006, 03:32 PM
Fantom

I like JF he could be a decent pick up in the off season for the right price. Nothing over 2.2.

Old
03-02-2006, 05:05 PM
Hunter07

Send a message via AIM to Hunter07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantom
I like JF he could be a decent pick up in the off season for the right price. Nothing over 2.2.
O i agree with that. I like JF and think he could be a real asset on the second line. I might go to 2.5 but def not higher.

Closed Thread