HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

Jeff Friesen

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-28-2006, 03:23 PM
  #1
Aucoin3
Registered User
 
Aucoin3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,846
vCash: 500
Jeff Friesen

Hello I'm about to say something which I'm sure everyone here will disagree with. Why not try to build a team for next year at the deadline this season instead of dumping bodies. I would love it if the Islanders brought Friesen in from Washington as they are sure to be dumping him. Friesen is having a tuff season this year in Washington hampered with injuries and bad play, however he has proven himself to be a clutch player and is still only 29 years old. He is a 20 goal 40 point guy that plays his heart out, kills penalties and shoots left handed!!! Wouldnt it be nice to have a lefty on the team. Instead of 9 Right Wings. Let me know what you think.

Aucoin3 is offline  
Old
02-28-2006, 03:30 PM
  #2
CosmoKramer
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aucoin3
Hello I'm about to say something which I'm sure everyone here will disagree with. Why not try to build a team for next year at the deadline this season instead of dumping bodies. I would love it if the Islanders brought Friesen in from Washington as they are sure to be dumping him. Friesen is having a tuff season this year in Washington hampered with injuries and bad play, however he has proven himself to be a clutch player and is still only 29 years old. He is a 20 goal 40 point guy that plays his heart out, kills penalties and shoots left handed!!! Wouldnt it be nice to have a lefty on the team. Instead of 9 Right Wings. Let me know what you think.
Another middle of the road player which we seem to have too many of allready
I say just work the kids in and see which of them look like the can play minutes in the nhl.

 
Old
02-28-2006, 04:22 PM
  #3
MattyW
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Strong Island
Posts: 716
vCash: 500
If we want Friesen, we can just sign him in the off-season.

MattyW is offline  
Old
02-28-2006, 04:54 PM
  #4
crashthenet
Registered User
 
crashthenet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Hockey Falls
Posts: 3,691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aucoin3
Hello I'm about to say something which I'm sure everyone here will disagree with. Why not try to build a team for next year at the deadline this season instead of dumping bodies. I would love it if the Islanders brought Friesen in from Washington as they are sure to be dumping him. Friesen is having a tuff season this year in Washington hampered with injuries and bad play, however he has proven himself to be a clutch player and is still only 29 years old. He is a 20 goal 40 point guy that plays his heart out, kills penalties and shoots left handed!!! Wouldnt it be nice to have a lefty on the team. Instead of 9 Right Wings. Let me know what you think.
I don't know if Freisen is the guy, but your logic is not flawed. If you work under the premise that you can pay him less next year by bringing him in this year and signing him to contract that includes more money for the remainder of this season? I like jeff, by the way.

crashthenet is offline  
Old
02-28-2006, 09:33 PM
  #5
NYIsles1*
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 9,539
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aucoin3
Hello I'm about to say something which I'm sure everyone here will disagree with. Why not try to build a team for next year at the deadline this season instead of dumping bodies. I would love it if the Islanders brought Friesen in from Washington as they are sure to be dumping him. Friesen is having a tuff season this year in Washington hampered with injuries and bad play, however he has proven himself to be a clutch player and is still only 29 years old. He is a 20 goal 40 point guy that plays his heart out, kills penalties and shoots left handed!!! Wouldnt it be nice to have a lefty on the team. Instead of 9 Right Wings. Let me know what you think.
You make some good points of Friesen, I would not mind him on the Islanders.

Only thing I disagree with is trading something to get him at the deadline, you rebuild your team at the deadline (with a lame-duck gm) you limit your new gm and his moves later on and you have to hope you can resign Friesen and setting yourself up to lose him for nothing if you cannot.

NYIsles1* is offline  
Old
03-02-2006, 10:56 AM
  #6
Fan101
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 746
vCash: 500
Good Idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aucoin3
Hello I'm about to say something which I'm sure everyone here will disagree with. Why not try to build a team for next year at the deadline this season instead of dumping bodies. I would love it if the Islanders brought Friesen in from Washington as they are sure to be dumping him. Friesen is having a tuff season this year in Washington hampered with injuries and bad play, however he has proven himself to be a clutch player and is still only 29 years old. He is a 20 goal 40 point guy that plays his heart out, kills penalties and shoots left handed!!! Wouldnt it be nice to have a lefty on the team. Instead of 9 Right Wings. Let me know what you think.
In spite of the fact that the Rangers were supposedly rebuilding with youth, they actually brought in alot of 30 something players in Straka, Rucinsky, Rucchin, Malik, Rosvival etc. Even though we have supposed forward grit in Parrish, Bates, Asham and Yashin; Friesen would be a solid addition.

Fan101 is offline  
Old
03-02-2006, 11:01 AM
  #7
Seph
Registered User
 
Seph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Oregon
Country: South Korea
Posts: 15,532
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seph
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan101
In spite of the fact that the Rangers were supposedly rebuilding with youth, they actually brought in alot of 30 something players in Straka, Rucinsky, Rucchin, Malik, Rosvival etc. Even though we have supposed forward grit in Parrish, Bates, Asham and Yashin; Friesen would be a solid addition.
That is likely the first time I've heard Yashin referred to as "forward grit."

Seph is offline  
Old
03-02-2006, 11:25 AM
  #8
7:11 of OT
Call my Monkey Butch
 
7:11 of OT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Monkeyville
Country: United States
Posts: 1,518
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph
That is likely the first time I've heard Yashin referred to as "forward grit."
I think the first 2 letters of grit were mis-spelled!

7:11 of OT is offline  
Old
03-02-2006, 11:27 AM
  #9
heatley15
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Friesen Would actually be good with a team going to the playoffs.

 
Old
03-02-2006, 11:30 AM
  #10
Capt Reynolds
Registered User
 
Capt Reynolds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 7,493
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7:11 of OT
I think the first 2 letters of grit were mis-spelled!

Capt Reynolds is offline  
Old
03-02-2006, 12:09 PM
  #11
Killer Carlson
Registered User
 
Killer Carlson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Dallas/Fort Worth
Country: United States
Posts: 12,846
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7:11 of OT
I think the first 2 letters of grit were mis-spelled!
VERY nicely done, 7:11!!!

Killer Carlson is offline  
Old
03-02-2006, 12:25 PM
  #12
Fan101
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 746
vCash: 500
Be Fair to Yashin

Obviously things have not worked out here for Yashin but he is still a solid player and a perfect fit to play with Ovechkin in Washington.

Fan101 is offline  
Old
03-02-2006, 03:32 PM
  #13
Fantom
Registered User
 
Fantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 7,271
vCash: 500
I like JF he could be a decent pick up in the off season for the right price. Nothing over 2.2.

Fantom is offline  
Old
03-02-2006, 05:05 PM
  #14
Hunter07
Registered User
 
Hunter07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Long Island
Posts: 7,787
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Hunter07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantom
I like JF he could be a decent pick up in the off season for the right price. Nothing over 2.2.
O i agree with that. I like JF and think he could be a real asset on the second line. I might go to 2.5 but def not higher.

Hunter07 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:31 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.