HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECQF: Rangers (1) vs Senators (8)

Closed Thread

Old
04-08-2012, 09:57 AM
Synergy27

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru View Post
First game against the Sens we dominated them through 50 minutes, had them down 4-1 and then took dumb penalties to let them back into the game. They won in a shootout. We won 7 straight after that.

Second game we beat them 3-2 in a game that wasn't as close as the score indicated.

Third game we dominated them in shots and chances, couldn't buy a goal, Torts benched Richards and others in the 3rd and rolled out Boyle's line every second shift. Ottawa scores a 2nd goal on an odd man rush with a few minutes left while we're pinching for the tie, then adds an empty netter.

Fourth game they beat us with Biron in net, letting up a slap shot from the blue line and two gimme rebounds, while we were in the midst of our worst 3 game stretch of the season.

The "Ottawa owned NYR this season" opinion is so overblown. Yes, they went 3-1 against us but for those who watched the games, it easily could have been 3-1 in our favor.

I'm pleased with the matchup. Questionable goaltending, relatively soft defense, very young team with not a whole lot of playoff experience. Explosive on offense, but all season long we have been excellent defensively. We're not going to get in a pond hockey match with Ottawa. We're going to force them to play our game, which we excel at and have huge advantages in net and on defense.
Thank you.

Old
04-08-2012, 09:59 AM
eco's bones

Both teams are going in a little cold. Rangers need to play their patient, physical defense oriented style. Running and gunning is not the way to go. Ottawa's a very good team but I think we're better.

Old
04-08-2012, 10:10 AM
Synergy27

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Both teams are going in a little cold. Rangers need to play their patient, physical defense oriented style. Running and gunning is not the way to go. Ottawa's a very good team but I think we're better.
Rangers need to play the style they've played all season, the NHL playoff style. Ottawa needs to adapt. They're (OTT) not the straight up run and gun team they were a couple of years ago, but they are still better offensively than defensively. That's not usually a good thing come playoff time.

Old
04-08-2012, 10:10 AM
GK
Not Jeeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezequiel View Post
Actually we didn't lose 3 games to Ottawa play-off style. We lost 1 after a shoot out.

Man, we are better than Ottawa and need to make round 2 without going to game 7. Yes, Spezza and Karlsson are awesome and were playing like Gretzky against us but that was halfway through the season. A lot has changed.

I actually like the match up. Gilroy back at MSG!
I can almost guarantee Gilroy wont be playing.

Good luck during the series guys. Hopefully its a clean series, unlike it would be against Boston.

Old
04-08-2012, 10:26 AM
McDonaghisGod
Speed kills

Rangers in 6 or 7. The Sens are a talented team and the Rangers never do anything the easy way.

Old
04-08-2012, 10:35 AM
Moosehead777

After clinching the Rangers took games off. Dont read into it. The presidents trophy wasnt important except for saying we finished best overall. But as to playoffs it dosent really matter. Cause if we make it all the way to the Stanley Cup the only way we dont get home ice advantage is if Vancouver makes it as well. Otherwise we have home ice advantage all throughout the Playoffs (so long as we keep advancing). Alot of Ranger fans need to calm down. Rangers in 5 and if they do as the Rangers always do and dont make it easy Rangers in 6.

Old
04-08-2012, 10:46 AM
Fataldogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru View Post
First game against the Sens we dominated them through 50 minutes, had them down 4-1 and then took dumb penalties to let them back into the game. They won in a shootout. We won 7 straight after that.

Second game we beat them 3-2 in a game that wasn't as close as the score indicated.

Third game we dominated them in shots and chances, couldn't buy a goal, Torts benched Richards and others in the 3rd and rolled out Boyle's line every second shift. Ottawa scores a 2nd goal on an odd man rush with a few minutes left while we're pinching for the tie, then adds an empty netter.

Fourth game they beat us with Biron in net, letting up a slap shot from the blue line and two gimme rebounds, while we were in the midst of our worst 3 game stretch of the season.

The "Ottawa owned NYR this season" opinion is so overblown. Yes, they went 3-1 against us but for those who watched the games, it easily could have been 3-1 in our favor.

I'm pleased with the matchup. Questionable goaltending, relatively soft defense, very young team with not a whole lot of playoff experience. Explosive on offense, but all season long we have been excellent defensively. We're not going to get in a pond hockey match with Ottawa. We're going to force them to play our game, which we excel at and have huge advantages in net and on defense.
I agree with a lot of the points, but the fact is the SENATORS won three of the games. In the post season it doesn't matter who dominated, who struggled, etc. The only thing that matters is the final score at the end of 60. And thus far, the Senators have been better at that against us this season.

Old
04-08-2012, 10:47 AM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
All-right, here we go from the "glass half empty" fan of 50+ years:

Rangers over Sens in 6
Bruins over Caps in 5
Devils over Panthers in 5
Pens over Flyers in 6

Rangers over Devils in 6
Pens over Bruins in 6

Pens over Rangers in 6

I wood detest losing to ****sburgh, but I wood gladly sign up for the ECF right now!

By the way, Canuckleheads over Pens in 7 for the cup!

Old
04-08-2012, 10:49 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Regular season record means nothing. I hate when people bring it up. Rangers were 4-0 against the Caps, got owned. Rangers were 6-0 against the Devils and were on the brink of elimination until the Guarantee and Matteau. Regular season means nothing.

It's much different playing a team 7 times in a row vs playing them sporadically throughout the season.

Old
04-08-2012, 10:54 AM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
Regular season record means nothing. I hate when people bring it up. Rangers were 4-0 against the Caps, got owned. Rangers were 6-0 against the Devils and were on the brink of elimination until the Guarantee and Matteau. Regular season means nothing.

It's much different playing a team 7 times in a row vs playing them sporadically throughout the season.
Agree with you 100%. The playoffs are a different animal entirely. That being said, I'm really geared up and feeling good right now about our chances. Let's drop the puck already!

Old
04-08-2012, 11:10 AM
RangersInSeven

The difference in intensity between a Rangers-Senators regular season game and a Rangers-Senators playoff game should be massive. There should be no problem with the Rangers focus or effort as there may be in some regular season encounters. I know as a fan it's tough to get excited for a game against Ottawa.

Old
04-08-2012, 11:15 AM
satrabyk

Well its not fear but questions are legitimate, Ott stars in terms of Spezza, Alfy and Karlsson and even Mihalek have the ability to out play our stars. Esp Spezza who has shown a couple years back he can really elevate his plays. If we dont get this from our top guys were in tough to win it. They also have a goalie who can really step it up less than Wash had.

Old
04-08-2012, 11:19 AM
Giacomin

The rangers should win this series in 4 or 5 games

Old
04-08-2012, 11:31 AM
Step
GO SENS GO

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubinstache View Post
Sens tickets start around $50 on StubHub right now...I just might make the trip.

During the regular season, I saw tickets going for as low as $10 on there....what gives? Isn't Ottawa a hockey city?
$10 games were most likely standing room only games/wheelchair spots.

Aside from top-end bleachers and standing room tickets, Round 1 tix are pretty much between $70 - $300 each.

Old
04-08-2012, 11:31 AM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK View Post
I can almost guarantee Gilroy wont be playing.

Good luck during the series guys. Hopefully its a clean series, unlike it would be against Boston.
Not a guarantee at all. Gilroy could very well be the #6 D. It's definitely a "wait and see" thing.

Old
04-08-2012, 11:33 AM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Step View Post
$10 games were most likely standing room only games/wheelchair spots.

Aside from top-end bleachers and standing room tickets, Round 1 tix are pretty much between $70 - $300 each.
Standing room only games/ wheelchair spots, against Columbus, on a Tuesday, in bad weather.

Also: we have really stupid scalpers in Ottawa. Trust me. They aren't very good at it.

Old
04-08-2012, 11:36 AM
Stylizer1
BoomBapOriginalRap

vCash: 50
Ottawa for the second half of the season has been holding back that extra gear. Going into the playoffs banged up was not part of the plan. We've got great coaches and solid leadership. You will see an Ottawa team ready to play 60+ minutes every night.

Other than Florida, The Rangers are the next best match up for us.

Ottawa in 5

Old
04-08-2012, 11:41 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylizer1 View Post
Ottawa for the second half of the season has been holding back that extra gear. Going into the playoffs banged up was not part of the plan. We've got great coaches and solid leadership. You will see an Ottawa team ready to play 60+ minutes every night.

Other than Florida, The Rangers are the next best match up for us.

Ottawa in 5
lol dude the Sens are lucky to be in the playoffs.Be happy with that.......its good to have confidence in ur team but the Rangers have been consistent all yr. They are going to show how good their team D and G can be. They may lose in the playoffs but it would be vs a Boston, Pitts, Phlly type not the Sens.

Torts says:
This team here, the New York Rangers, can beat anyone in this league. We are just looking forward to getting started

this team will be ready when the puck drops. This is why Richards was brought in

Old
04-08-2012, 11:41 AM
iamaranger

Send a message via AIM to iamaranger
not worried because its the sens, if we lose to the sens wed have lost to the caps worse

Old
04-08-2012, 11:50 AM
lJuicel

Pound on this team every chance you get, wear them down and get it done. Rangers in 5.

Old
04-08-2012, 11:53 AM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Let's do this!

Old
04-08-2012, 11:57 AM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Wish I could make the trip up. Don't get my full license till July.

Old
04-08-2012, 11:58 AM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
Wish I could make the trip up. Don't get my full license till July.
I'll take you

Old
04-08-2012, 12:00 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyday Im Hagelin View Post
I'll take you
Atta boy, #therightway

Old
04-08-2012, 12:03 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

I don't get NHLN and the NHL.com video won't play on my iPad, so can someone please let me know when the first game of our series is?

Closed Thread