HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Philadelphia Phillies (MLB): 2012 Regular Season (Finding New Ways to Lose Part 1)

Closed Thread

Old
04-06-2012, 08:43 PM
Justified
Amaro out

vCash: 500
I dont really hate the Yankees, I guess it is because my dad roots for them. I would rather have Cole go there them LA. BTW, Im happy that Raul was able to jack a 3 run blast today.

Old
04-07-2012, 06:14 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Everybody hit!!!

Old
04-07-2012, 06:17 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Nice to have a run already.

Old
04-07-2012, 06:20 PM
Justified
Amaro out

Ill take an early run, now time for Clifton Phifer Lee to do his thing.

Old
04-07-2012, 06:24 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Sweet turn by Galvis.

Old
04-07-2012, 07:31 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

The Phillies will win all of their games by 1 one this year. I hope the offense can improve.

04-07-2012, 07:32 PM
Justified
Amaro out

I dont like Howard as a player but they are missing him very much. They have no real power in this offense. A bunch of singles is not going to get it done, plus the fact that they dont walk that much.

Old
04-07-2012, 08:42 PM
FlyerSithLord

Send a message via AIM to FlyerSithLord
offense looks brutal through 18 innings so far.

Old
04-07-2012, 08:45 PM
Amateur Hour

Gonna be a looooooooooooooooooooooooong (and painfully frustrating) season. Prepare yourselves, folks.

Old
04-07-2012, 09:12 PM
JVR21
G

dat offense...

Old
04-07-2012, 09:16 PM
Justified
Amaro out

ladies and gentleman, our next destination will be hell!

Last edited by Justified: 04-07-2012 at 09:21 PM.
Old
04-07-2012, 09:21 PM
Justified
Amaro out

1 XBH in 2 games...

Old
04-08-2012, 12:06 AM
Prongo
Beer

On my way home from work people on 94.1 were already talking about trades.... I understand last year and everything with this team, but please let's give them more time then 2 games.

Just like the sixers... I remember driving home from work and everybody on the shows were calling Dru Holiday(Spelling?) the next best point guard, tonight they were throwing him under the bus. We suck as a fan base....

Old
04-08-2012, 01:19 AM
Justified
Amaro out

I would seriously consider trading Cole.

Old
04-08-2012, 01:53 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Joe Blanton sucks. You can't convince me otherwise.

Old
04-08-2012, 07:26 AM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
On my way home from work people on 94.1 were already talking about trades.... I understand last year and everything with this team, but please let's give them more time then 2 games.

Just like the sixers... I remember driving home from work and everybody on the shows were calling Dru Holiday(Spelling?) the next best point guard, tonight they were throwing him under the bus. We suck as a fan base....
We do not suck as a fan base. The same thing happens in any passionate sports market. The few yahoos that call into sports radio stations does not represent the majority who actually has a clue, just like the few bozos that perpetuate the image of sports fans in philly don't represent the majority.

There's a reason why I stopped listening to sports talk radio quite some time ago.

Old
04-08-2012, 10:40 AM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justified View Post
I would seriously consider trading Cole.
Too many variables. I don't think trading Cole is the answer. I think we need one, maybe two bats.

Let's face it, Galvis' is ready defensively, but not offensively. The question is, will keeping him in the majors have a negative effect on his developmental process in the hitting aspect? Will him being over-matched, have a negative effect long term? His defensive is actually better then I've thought.

Also you have to ask yourself, is there that actual upgrade out there at one of the three positions we need. Weather it be 1B/2B/LF. I personally like Mayberry, and am willing to give him time to show he belongs. But then you have to ask yourself, what do you have left to deal?

Brown? How much value does he actually hold right now? Would it be smarter to keep him?
Galvis? Could you include him in a deal or would it be safer to keep him?
Blanton? Would anyone want him?

I'm not too familiar with the Phillies prospects, I've been trying to get more into them but I'm much more familiar with other teams prospects, mainly the top 100 in the league which is due to fantasy baseball.

Props to Nemesis for the signature and avatar.
Old
04-08-2012, 10:48 AM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

Lineup today:

Juan Pierre LF
Shane Victorino CF
Jimmy Rollins SS
Hunter Pence RF
Jim Thome 1B
Ty Wiggington 3B
Freddy Galvis 2B
Brian Schnider C
Vance Worley SP

Old
04-08-2012, 10:57 AM
Justified
Amaro out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0otnSc0re View Post
Too many variables. I don't think trading Cole is the answer. I think we need one, maybe two bats.

Let's face it, Galvis' is ready defensively, but not offensively. The question is, will keeping him in the majors have a negative effect on his developmental process in the hitting aspect? Will him being over-matched, have a negative effect long term? His defensive is actually better then I've thought.

Also you have to ask yourself, is there that actual upgrade out there at one of the three positions we need. Weather it be 1B/2B/LF. I personally like Mayberry, and am willing to give him time to show he belongs. But then you have to ask yourself, what do you have left to deal?

Brown? How much value does he actually hold right now? Would it be smarter to keep him?
Galvis? Could you include him in a deal or would it be safer to keep him?
Blanton? Would anyone want him?

I'm not too familiar with the Phillies prospects, I've been trying to get more into them but I'm much more familiar with other teams prospects, mainly the top 100 in the league which is due to fantasy baseball.
I believe the Phillies have the 25th ranked Farm team according to baseball america. Most of their talent is in the lower levels.

I to like Mayberry too, and think he should be given a shot to play everyday. I also would like Brown up here sooner than later, because when he was sent down when Pence arrived he hitting well and getting on base during the month of July. I dont think anybody wants Blanton, but who knows. I think this is the final year of his contract.

But the Phillies need to ask themselves this, are we going to resign Cole?
If based on the recent Matt Cain contract and the fact that Cole now is prize Free Agent, I think the answer is no. So if that is the case, then they have to ask themselves a second question, is what we can get for Cole now more than two first round picks if he were to sign with another team. They have a tough decision to make coming up.

Old
04-08-2012, 11:08 AM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
I believe the Phillies have the 25th ranked Farm team according to baseball america. Most of their talent is in the lower levels.

I to like Mayberry too, and think he should be given a shot to play everyday. I also would like Brown up here sooner than later, because when he was sent down when Pence arrived he hitting well and getting on base during the month of July. I dont think anybody wants Blanton, but who knows. I think this is the final year of his contract.

But the Phillies need to ask themselves this, are we going to resign Cole?
If based on the recent Matt Cain contract and the fact that Cole now is prize Free Agent, I think the answer is no. So if that is the case, then they have to ask themselves a second question, is what we can get for Cole now more than two first round picks if he were to sign with another team. They have a tough decision to make coming up.
Sounds about right. It doesn't shock me either.

I agree with that as well. Brown can't field his way out of a paper bag, and it's rather sad and hard to watch. How can you justify playing someone like him in the field, when that's his weakness? I doubt anyone would take Blanton, it's just another "possible" albeit massive contract to move. I think you're correct too.

I don't see why they wouldn't sign him, they talked to him a month ago and then shut down the talks. Honestly, you have to ask yourself what could they actually get for a FA-to-be Cole Hamels. Honestly, I don't see anyone paying top price for him, unless someone gets desperate, and then again I'm not sure it'll be a team with the players/picks/etc for him. I think they should keep him and attempt to resign him. Roy and Lee won't be around forever, Cole is the future.

This off season looks like it's coming down to 2/3 of:

Hunter Pence
Shane Victorino
Cole Hamels.

What way do you think they go, if it comes to this?

Old
04-08-2012, 11:22 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

That lineup.

Old
04-08-2012, 11:31 AM
Justified
Amaro out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0otnSc0re View Post
Sounds about right. It doesn't shock me either.

I agree with that as well. Brown can't field his way out of a paper bag, and it's rather sad and hard to watch. How can you justify playing someone like him in the field, when that's his weakness? I doubt anyone would take Blanton, it's just another "possible" albeit massive contract to move. I think you're correct too.

I don't see why they wouldn't sign him, they talked to him a month ago and then shut down the talks. Honestly, you have to ask yourself what could they actually get for a FA-to-be Cole Hamels. Honestly, I don't see anyone paying top price for him, unless someone gets desperate, and then again I'm not sure it'll be a team with the players/picks/etc for him. I think they should keep him and attempt to resign him. Roy and Lee won't be around forever, Cole is the future.

This off season looks like it's coming down to 2/3 of:

Hunter Pence
Shane Victorino
Cole Hamels.

What way do you think they go, if it comes to this?
Im not sure what they get for him at the deadline, best case scenario is some GM sees him as an opportunity to get into the playoffs and he overpays. The only way I see the Phillies resigning Hamels is if it is before free agency. He may get the biggest free agent contract by a pitcher to date, so I think they need to lock him up now.

I think Pence will be back, not sure about Victorino. If Victorino were to walk, then they could use Mayberry in center depending on how is year went. Then have Pence and Brown fill the corners. I to dont like how Brown fields as he is very awkward to watch and is not smooth, but if the hitting doesnt start coming around and he is playing well in AAA, I think you have to consider bringing him up.

Old
04-08-2012, 01:27 PM
Justified
Amaro out

thank you pence!

Old
04-08-2012, 01:33 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
thank you pence!
I forgot how much I love that guy.

Old
04-08-2012, 02:01 PM
Justified
Amaro out

this team is inept at the smallest baseball concepts, and charlie has lost his mind. time to retire. they keep on making the same mistakes from previous years.

Closed Thread